where to get "Kara no Kyokai"?

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

where to get "Kara no Kyokai"?

Unread postby allanh » April 4th, 2009, 9:46 am

as topic, does anyone know where I can buy "Kara no Kyokai" anime dvd? Have chapter 6 and 7 come out yet on DVD?

I tried looking on ebay, HLJ, Hobbysearch but couldn't find any traces of it.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks
http://Miyazaki.com - my Hayao Miyazaki fan site
http://CityHunter.com- my City Hunter fan site
Saber-chan, come back to me~~~~~
allanh
Crack Addic!

Unread postby allanh » April 4th, 2009, 10:11 am

forgot to add, I am looking for ones that are subtitled in English or traditional Chinese. Official releases only.
allanh
Crack Addic!

Unread postby AlinSabel » April 4th, 2009, 11:14 am

There is no official English release of Kara no Kyoukai, and afaik, the Chinese ones you may be able to find are also bootlegs. Gloriously spectacular bootlegs, but fake nonetheless.
The only chance you have of watching this show with subtitles you can understand is if you buy the original Japanese DVD and remux with unofficial subtitles.
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » April 4th, 2009, 4:23 pm

It seems that six will be out sometime in June at the latest. By that time it may take a few days to a few weeks for it to be fansubed. I would mention the sub group, but I don't feel like getting into any trouble over that though.

It is possible for this seven part movie to be licensed sometime after the 7th movie comes out. If that happens it'll prove the fact that there original is much better then the anime that does not exist.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby solopy567 » April 4th, 2009, 6:06 pm

"There is no Kara no Kyoukai anime"

And so forth and so forth.

I think they will screw it up again with the dubbing. They will destroy Ryougi's epicness, and I can already tell Kira Vincent Davis will be her voice actress
solopy567
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » April 4th, 2009, 7:36 pm

Ok come on I don't think they'll maim it in the English dub for this one. In any case I would probably guess that it might do better since it isn't as short and it folows the light novel to a certain degree that it is accepable though.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby allanh » April 4th, 2009, 10:30 pm

it is a shame that they wouldn't licence these KNK movies overseas consider the rave reviews they recieved.
I would much prefer to buy the official releases since I do plan to keep them as "collection".

Just hoping they will eventually be available~~ (I already bought the Ryogi Shiki 1/7 PVC in Kimono despite not really knowing the story lol)
allanh
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » April 4th, 2009, 10:59 pm

Well pretty much once it's licensed I'm pretty much buying it for two reasons. One, to support the industry since it needs it as of late. Two, to support Type-Moon for thier good works as aways.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby AlinSabel » April 4th, 2009, 11:08 pm

Yeah... rave reviews from people who already knew the story/familiar with the 'concept' of the Mystic Eyes of Death Perception.
There were also a lot of 'wtf is this bs' reviews from people who had just randomly picked this up.
Considering that the English license of the novels has one of the worst synopses of all time (not released yet, I think, but the summary is on their site), I get the feeling few will pick up the novel, and fewer will be able to understand what on earth is going on with these movies.
I get the feeling that there just aren't enough English TM fans to support licensing KnK.
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread postby I1nk » April 5th, 2009, 12:36 am

AlinSabel wrote:Yeah... rave reviews from people who already knew the story/familiar with the 'concept' of the Mystic Eyes of Death Perception.
There were also a lot of 'wtf is this bs' reviews from people who had just randomly picked this up.
Considering that the English license of the novels has one of the worst synopses of all time (not released yet, I think, but the summary is on their site), I get the feeling few will pick up the novel, and fewer will be able to understand what on earth is going on with these movies.
I get the feeling that there just aren't enough English TM fans to support licensing KnK.

Ouch, don't say such lies. They will bring that to other countries too. One day. Maybe three years from now, but they will.
Just one word for you.

"嘘"
"Night closed night, other night, night pain, night sink, is night/stay night."
I1nk
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Rokunaya » April 6th, 2009, 11:48 am

Well now that this topic is up, has the official Light Novels been released yet? I thought they were going to officially publish the first volume or something in english early 2009...
"Insert something creative and witty here, kthx."
Rokunaya
Might just like this board

Unread postby AlinSabel » April 6th, 2009, 12:42 pm

Still no word of it... there is remarkably little about this project on Del REy's site... :(
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » April 6th, 2009, 2:28 pm

Yeah and talk about giving it a cruddy review for the first chapter. Well it was mention in one of those mixed novel books of some sort if I remember correctly.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby Rokunaya » April 7th, 2009, 12:40 pm

Kid-Wolf wrote:Yeah and talk about giving it a cruddy review for the first chapter. Well it was mention in one of those mixed novel books of some sort if I remember correctly.

Oh, are you telling me that Del Rey gave it a cruddy review with bad translations!? OH NOES
Rokunaya

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » April 7th, 2009, 3:08 pm

It was mentioned in the FAUST Volume 1 review of the first chapter. For that it may look bleak for the series as for it being Del Ray are they that bad when it comes to translations and whatnot? I'm sure they aren't as bad as the ones who picked up the Tsukihime manga... or are they?
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby Rokunaya » April 7th, 2009, 3:34 pm

Kid-Wolf wrote:It was mentioned in the FAUST Volume 1 review of the first chapter. For that it may look bleak for the series as for it being Del Ray are they that bad when it comes to translations and whatnot? I'm sure they aren't as bad as the ones who picked up the Tsukihime manga... or are they?

Well, I personally haven't read any of their works, nor the Tsukihime manga, as of yet. But I sure hope they don't disgrace it. Really. *COUGH*SHINGETSUTAN TSUKIHIME *COUGH*
Rokunaya

Unread postby Levethix » April 7th, 2009, 4:01 pm

The Tsukihime manga seems to be doing rather good from what i've seen of it. The characters remained intact from the visual novel though a few things were added and removed. Some of the story arcs seem to be meshed together, however there really hasn't been much on certain subjects.
Levethix

Unread postby TheRedArcher » April 7th, 2009, 5:50 pm

Rokunaya wrote:
Kid-Wolf wrote:It was mentioned in the FAUST Volume 1 review of the first chapter. For that it may look bleak for the series as for it being Del Ray are they that bad when it comes to translations and whatnot? I'm sure they aren't as bad as the ones who picked up the Tsukihime manga... or are they?

Well, I personally haven't read any of their works, nor the Tsukihime manga, as of yet. But I sure hope they don't disgrace it. Really. *COUGH*SHINGETSUTAN TSUKIHIME *COUGH*

I don't really understand the hate towards the anime version of Tsukihime. Of course, the anime isn't as good or as detailed as the VN but it is still a pretty good anime. It has a good solid story, good characters and character development, and the animation isn't bad. The characters might act a little differently from the VN but the main thing is that they do not go through complete "uncalled for" character changes. It is a pretty good anime in of itself so I do not understand what you see that makes it a horrible anime.
"Well, nobody's perfect" and "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."
TheRedArcher
Addict

Unread postby Atriel » April 7th, 2009, 6:20 pm

It's boring. The characters look like crap. Shiki is emo (WTF?!). And on and on.
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby TheRedArcher » April 7th, 2009, 9:39 pm

Atriel wrote:It's boring. The characters look like crap. Shiki is emo (WTF?!). And on and on.

If it's boring to some people then I can't say anything about that. But if you think the characters look like crap, then you have very high standards for animation.

For the Shiki being emo part, it is true that Shiki is different than the VN version. But he does not go through random character changes. He starts out emo, and you can see how the events help him grow. In fact, his emo nature in the anime helps the impact of his character development, which is probably the most important part in the story. I think the problem is that the anime is always being compared to the VN, which is a much easier way of telling a story since details can be thrown in left and right while anime does not have that luxury. The anime is not a great anime but it certainly is not, how you say, "crap".

The first two reasons are entirely subjective and I already gave my thoughts on the emo part. But if your "on and on" are little things that involve minute differences from the VN, then I suggest you start watching the series as an anime and not as a copy of the VN. I think it is sad when a movie or anime that is based off a series or novels is put down because it does not contain certain material from the original. It is sad when the movies are judged not by their content but for their lack of content. In fact, I believe the adaption does not even need to carry the original theme of the original, as long as the movie or anime makes sense and has a good story. I am not saying that you are one of those people (or maybe you are, I don't know you), I am just commenting how sad it is that viewers sometimes make unjust trivial comparisons.
"Well, nobody's perfect" and "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."
TheRedArcher
Addict

Next

Return to General Chat