Game ever gets this anime-ish?

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby that one guy » February 28th, 2009, 11:03 pm

Can I bash it because it's boring and, even for the time, many games had better graphics both in and out of cutscenes?
that one guy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Atriel » March 1st, 2009, 12:52 am

Inferno, what i meant is that it matters not what you think about FF VII (or any other), because even if it is a piece of shit there's nothing you can do about millions of people liking a piece of shit. Take Halo as an example, i can't understand why it's so popular since it didn't do anything for the FPS genre. Maybe include vehicles in multiplayer with a boring as hell single player, but that's it. Yet, if i bitch about it, it will be about me being stupid and wasting $35 on Halo 3 (Sold it at 25, yay!) since there's no point in saying anything else about it.

And people bash it (FFVII) because it's popular and they like another one more. So, it's simply childish crap.

I've only played about 4 FFs, so i'm not one to say which one is the best. And honestly, i'm not the very least interested in playing them all. I'll get XIII when it is out though :P
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Raven » March 1st, 2009, 1:02 am

Hum, somehow I'm the only one in this thread actually talking about Star Ocean 4?

Anyway, just beat it. It's ok I guess, a bit easy comparing to previous entry. There is one thing I want to say though:

THIS IS THE CHEESIEST STAR OCEAN GAME UP TO DATE

Hell, scratch that ...

THIS IS THE CHEESIEST JRPG UP TO DATE

I actually like Ar Tonelico 1 & 2, I admit they're a bit cheesy, but it'll all well intended. But this game, yike !!! It gives you enough cheese to feed off your whole life.
Raven
Crack Desu!

Unread postby that one guy » March 1st, 2009, 2:48 am

Is the cheese level really that high? I'm almost afraid to look at the vids now.
that one guy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby inferno_flamex » March 1st, 2009, 3:59 am

Okay... I think we should resolve afew things first before we close this 'Final Fantasy' topic before it becomes a full out war...

Anyway...
Well said Atriel... Truth be told.. Its childish i agree..

However you forget that once something gets 'milked' just once too many times (in this case its VII)... And that people new to the series will become 'zombie'-boys... in a sense. Just because its been receiving a special treatment. And act like they're a big know-it-all even tho they're not...

Its these kinds of 'zombie'-boys that we burn on a stake. XDDDD

But.. From my point of view.. If you're really really really a fan of VII (or anything else) despite playing the others in the genre.. then by all means, I respect you.

Hey i wont agree with you.. XDD
But i respect your decision and the fact that you're not some baseless noob... Or something like that.

Kinda like I have respect for a friend who supports a rival (bunch of smug liars) football club with all his heart...
And how I condemn those that only goes for the 'winning team'...

Anyway.. Just for the record.. I agree that IV was probably the best storyline in FF series... But then.. I find that Squall is still one of the most 'original' characters in the series.. Maybe even, any RPG games...

Who say's you have to be a goody-goody to be a hero?
"When a petanko hugs you, she's hugging closer to her heart"...
~:~:~
"There is no greater love, between a boy and his pillow"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_FT_c3IiQ
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Atriel » March 1st, 2009, 5:36 am

Just to mess with you around a bit:

You do know that Cloud was not a goody-goody guy too, right? And he came before Squall.

Please bear with me, i couldn't help it, hehe. :D
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Raven » March 1st, 2009, 6:34 am

that one guy wrote:Is the cheese level really that high? I'm almost afraid to look at the vids now.

Word fails to descripe how cheesy it can be. And trust me, being a hardcore anime/JRPG fan I consider myself having a high tolerance for cheese, and I find myself cover my face and ears during dialogue for more than just a few times.
Raven
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Kuuya/Fabre » March 1st, 2009, 6:53 am

Kuuya - I just hope they can go back to creating games where you have a say to how the main character should act. Maybe this is the reason I kinda enjoy the Megaten series. Well, i should exclude the US release of Persona 1, *tries to disbelieve the existence of Persona 1 US release but fails, -Kuuya takes 12 poins mental damage-*. Anyways, when would they stop selling games that only cater to those who like the bright and shiny stuff? I mean, of course I'd like a game with lots of new-fangled doodads and watchamacallits but...

Fabre- Gahhh! you're just bashing the FF series of games coz their writers are just a bunch of ..

Kuuya - Nah, it's not that. I still enjoy them, the FF series but, I just can't help getting... kinda... annoyed that I hope they go back to the time when they allow us gamers to make our own characters and explore the world they made on our own. I mean, come on. Sure, it's nice to roleplay some other guy in some other world, but who wouldn't want to explore that world with their own character? I mean, getting a bunch of cookie cutter cut outs and making them all shiny and beautiful just wouldn't cut it in for me anymore. Hell, I still prefer playing RotK X to RotK XI coz I get more fun out of it. To hell with the uber-nice CGs and extras, I want to roleplay MY own character!

Fabre- so go back playing your MMORPG then..

Kuuya - Oh yeah, you're right

*Kuuya goes back to playing MMO's*
Kuuya/Fabre
Addict

Unread postby Atriel » March 1st, 2009, 4:21 pm

You're right, but the problem is that most people tend to think that Next Gen = Better graphics, leaving gameplay for later.
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby inferno_flamex » March 2nd, 2009, 5:08 am

Atriel wrote:You're right, but the problem is that most people tend to think that Next Gen = Better graphics, leaving gameplay for later.

That... And storyline..
Come on... Lets face it..

Have'nt you ever played a game that has superb graphics (at the peak of its day of course), great gameplay... But then find that the story just kinda became.. uggh...

Then there's no point in replaying the whole game once you've completed it.. Or at least.. You dont feel like you want to play it anymore...
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Kuuya/Fabre » March 2nd, 2009, 8:29 am

Kuuya - I kinda liked how one can play RotK X without really going into the unite-the-kingdom-by-yourself mode. I mean, you can just simply go around, getting into duels, raising your stats and basically being the greatest hero without being tied down to something.

Faabre - or how you enjoy playing Tokimeki Memorial...

Kuuya - Gaaah! Don't let anyone know, you stupid caterpillar!

*Kuuya punts Fabre from the 30 yard line*
Kuuya/Fabre
Addict

Unread postby lolipedofin » March 2nd, 2009, 11:43 am

inferno_flamex wrote:
Atriel wrote:I started playing FF VIII and got bored midway. Uh... maybe not even midway, i just got to some city to look for... someone.

And i played FF VII about plenty of times. Can't even remember how many.

What does this mean? All that you have said is pointless. :o

Also, well played drizzt. :lol:

You have not completed VIII and you're doing comparisons?

No sir! Whatever YOU said is pointless...

Well played ME! XDDD

Slightly on topic...

Of all the game series i wish to get animed...
One thing Stands Out the most in my head right now...

Ace Combat Series...

Imagine how epic it would be to have an anime based off THAT!

I mean.. The gameplay itself is already abit 'anime-ish'.. dont you agree? If you've played any Ace Combat games, you should know of the 'boss battles' they provide.. and the storyline...

I havent played the PS3/360 version of the game.. Meaning Ace Combat 6...
But im thinking Ace Combat 5 and Zero would be a great series...

Considering that the two games are from the same timeline.. The Belkian Wars.

Kinda like Fate/Stay night is 5th war and Fate/Zero is 4th

lolol.. While FF VIII is one of my favorite from all of FF series... I don't hate FF VII at all, both are great game, I just never went around to finish FF VII, that's all... kinda got bored before the last dungeon...
and I hate the fact that Aerith dies!
>.< My fave is still Tifa tho..^^ right behind Rinoa...

I got no answer to Drizzt, since I never played FF IV ! I only get to know RPGs during the reign of PSX, and i never even touched anthology before...-_-;

Agreed on the Ace Combat movie though!!! Should be epic if to be made into movie... Just the Ace Combat 5 is fine!! Need moar Nagase!!!
Last edited by lolipedofin on March 3rd, 2009, 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby lolipedofin » March 2nd, 2009, 11:54 am

Raven wrote:Hum, somehow I'm the only one in this thread actually talking about Star Ocean 4?

Anyway, just beat it. It's ok I guess, a bit easy comparing to previous entry. There is one thing I want to say though:

THIS IS THE CHEESIEST STAR OCEAN GAME UP TO DATE

Hell, scratch that ...

THIS IS THE CHEESIEST JRPG UP TO DATE

I actually like Ar Tonelico 1 & 2, I admit they're a bit cheesy, but it'll all well intended. But this game, yike !!! It gives you enough cheese to feed off your whole life.

lol, that bad?! Have you played them, Raven?? But since you mentioned JRPG, i guess it's not as bad as American one, huh?? lol, still ok then... j/k
Maan... this is sucks... my favorite franchise actually got tarnished! Is it true that there's plenty of eroge-like scenes in this Star Ocean... I heard that the maker always wanted to make an eroge but never actually did it...^^

Inferno_Flamex wrote:Kinda like I have respect for a friend who supports a rival (bunch of smug liars) football club with all his heart...
And how I condemn those that only goes for the 'winning team'...

U're talking about me?? 8)
lolol, I guess not! The only football club that's full of smug liars is only 1 certain merseyside club.... Oh ok, make it both of them... :roll:

:twisted: 2 down, 3 to go!! :twisted:
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby drizzt_rocks » March 3rd, 2009, 1:28 pm

lolipedofin wrote:lolol.. While FF VIII is one of my favorite from all of FF series... I don't hate FF VII at all, both are great game, I just never went around to finish FF VII, that's all... kinda got bored before the last dungeon...

I got no answer to Drizzt, since I never played FF IV ! I only get to know RPGs during the reign of PSX, and i never even touched anthology before...-_-;

Agreed on the Ace Combat movie though!!! Should be epic if to be made into movie... Just the Ace Combat 5 is fine!! Need moar Nagase!!!

SPOILER ALERT :P
And the cutest anime character award goes to ... PINO
drizzt_rocks
Crack Desu!

Unread postby lolipedofin » March 3rd, 2009, 2:02 pm

drizzt_rocks wrote:
lolipedofin wrote:lolol.. While FF VIII is one of my favorite from all of FF series... I don't hate FF VII at all, both are great game, I just never went around to finish FF VII, that's all... kinda got bored before the last dungeon...

SPOILER ALERT :P

Ow sheet!! (o.o )=( o.o) is you-know-who reading rite now?? gotta edit fast!
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby inferno_flamex » March 3rd, 2009, 3:40 pm

Ehem... Tifa has been called dibs in the mm forums by me...

So has Captain Nagase from Ace Combat 5...
Damn.. didnt expect to see another Nagase fan in these forums..

Anyway.. yes.. ace combat needs an anime.. or something..
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Raven » March 29th, 2009, 3:17 am

inferno_flamex wrote:Ehem... Tifa has been called dibs in the mm forums by me...

So has Captain Nagase from Ace Combat 5...
Damn.. didnt expect to see another Nagase fan in these forums..

Kinda late to response to this but ... Nagase is ok, it's just the series has corny dialogue as signature.

there are a few good non-amimes female characters in militaristic game though. My top favorite is probably Emma from Front Mission 3.
Raven
Crack Desu!

Previous

Return to General Chat