Rebuild of Evangelion

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

Rebuild of Evangelion

Unread postby Xamdou » February 21st, 2009, 4:19 am

Omg , 2.0 is coming out in june~

And they are releasing a remaked 1.0 DVD which is 1.11!
"You sit proudly in this cave , like a Queen of Egypt.
In my service to you , I shall never know rest.
To prove my devotion , I have stolen this ostentatious offering.
But I'll show you things your dark blue eye haven't seen , smiles like a lake in the sun , blossoming like a lotus."
Xamdou
DESU DESU!

Unread postby that one guy » February 21st, 2009, 4:32 am

Oh my god, they're redoing Eva....I'm kinda scared. Especially because A) I was just listening to the opening, and B) I was just thinking "As depressing as it's supposed to be, I should probably watch it."
that one guy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Levethix » February 21st, 2009, 5:54 am

Not sure I want to touch it... is this the second or third remake now?
Levethix
Might just like this board

Unread postby Mkilbride » February 21st, 2009, 6:48 am

Levethix wrote:Not sure I want to touch it... is this the second or third remake now?

Basically, the people who made Eva, used up all of their limited creativity on it and wants to milk it for as much as he can. ;)
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Catastrophe » February 21st, 2009, 5:48 pm

isnt this the first "canon" remake??

either way, i liked 1.0, and im waiting (not that eagerly though) for 2.0, hope they live up to the anticipation.
"We want a game that's going to chop us the second we screw around, or just flatten us at its whim... until we finally beat it. They demand more of us, and we rise to the occasion because we're that good. And that feels good. And that's why we game."
Rus McLaughlin, IGN
Catastrophe
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Zensunni » February 21st, 2009, 9:32 pm

This is the first and probably last anime remake. The original was repackaged into a HD version or something but can't really call that a remake. Also there was a couple hour long thing that recapped the entire series and also had the first part of End of Evangelion (movie)

But yeah the first episode of this remake was really good, can't really call it "milking".
Zensunni
Addict

Unread postby Xamdou » February 22nd, 2009, 12:30 am

anyone knows when are they planning on releasing 3.0?2 years from now?
But I'll show you things your dark blue eye haven't seen , smiles like a lake in the sun , blossoming like a lotus."
Xamdou
DESU DESU!

Unread postby I1nk » February 22nd, 2009, 5:33 am

Great news. Anywho wow two years for a 3.0 movie. Wow.
I can't believe how the fan base over seems to be a dieing breed.
"Night closed night, other night, night pain, night sink, is night/stay night."
I1nk
Crack Addic!

Unread postby AvatarofRage » March 3rd, 2009, 10:42 pm

I suppose that's part of the thing, the original series was marketed towards people who watched the original generation of Giant Robot anime, demonstrating just how much it would actually suck to be plucked from your life and forced to pilot a weapon of mass destruction against an enemy you know nothing about.

Eve then left such an impact that in influenced mecha anime from then on, where the warfare began being treated more seriously.

But, as you said, the fanbase of Eva has dwindled, since what it offered isn't as original and innovative as when it first came out, so they're doing this remake, and (this is going entirely from 1.0) cutting out the excess angst and poignancy that's now 'obsolete' , and replacing it with more philosophy.

That way, a new generation will watch and enjoy Eva. (and buy the merchandise, but yeah)

Although I doubt they'll be able to get away with doing another remake in another ten years...
Crack Addic!

Re: Rebuild of Evangelion

Unread postby Catastrophe » May 9th, 2009, 4:06 am

*coughcough* BUMP *cough*

second trailer for 2.0 is out....

finally a (mostly) clear view on the 05's pilot

and i must say......

CANT FUCKING WAIT NOW!!!!
"We want a game that's going to chop us the second we screw around, or just flatten us at its whim... until we finally beat it. They demand more of us, and we rise to the occasion because we're that good. And that feels good. And that's why we game."
Rus McLaughlin, IGN
Catastrophe
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Xamdou » May 9th, 2009, 5:45 am

Omg , it's gonna be release 2 days earlier from Kara no Kyoukai 6 DVD?!
Xamdou
DESU DESU!

Unread postby AvatarofRage » May 9th, 2009, 8:36 am

Awesome Sauce. Is it just me, or for a split second did I see #02 with airplane wings? Maybe it was just the shoulders...
Crack Addic!

Unread postby abscess » May 10th, 2009, 3:07 am

I just "plasmaed" in my pants.... Thank you, Mr. Cat.

Edit:
lol 1500th post! New title!
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby ayadew » May 27th, 2009, 6:18 pm

First was great, especially the music..

*puts on Angel of Doom*
The instant I tear off your limbs, rip open your chest and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you ask for mercy, chewing through your eyes and spreading your brains on the ground like butter-------!
ayadew
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby solopy567 » May 27th, 2009, 7:06 pm

And like all anime movies, there are bound to be scenes that weren't in the original series. Can't wait damn it! And I'm scared too!
"Sion Eltnam is no more.
All there is left is a dead apostle who has inherited the name of TATARI.
Now.....Let's begin the Bloody Second Act." - Sion TATARI
solopy567
DESU DESU!

Unread postby X-Calibar » May 28th, 2009, 3:24 am

ayadew wrote:*puts on Angel of Doom*

First there was 1.0... Then there was 1.01 :
evangelion 1.01

Soon there will be 1.11, which now sports HD Bluray...!! :
evangelion 1.11

Can't wait till 2.0...
X-Calibar
Crack Desu!

Unread postby zweiterversuch » May 28th, 2009, 2:51 pm

ehh..

I have always asked myself this:

The manga is supposed to be how evangelion was to be at the very beginning, right?

I mean, why would sadamoto take more than six years to finish his manga, if he isn't trying to do it exactly as he want it to be.

If that is true, then why are the manga and the last movie so different?

Well, Ok. I understand you can use that kind of special effects in the manga, nor you can have such an awesome soundtrack but why the new scenes? Or better said:
Why redo the old scenes, if you have better ones? (the first battle against Sachiel with rei piloting the EVa01)
Why the change in neo tokyo 3? (the buildings look a lot cooler but...well...you know what...I don't care. They look cooler this way.)
why did Shinji keep being a total loser while he, in the manga, is a little, tiny bit more...."agressive" sometimes? (Ok this one really bothers me.)

does anybody know?

*runs away*
mmmm.....
http://visualnoveldai.com/
If you want to create your own visual novel go there!
Try it out, no compromise!
8 inches in a week!

btw Princess Tutu is still Awesome!!!
zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby Keeper of Gil's Vault » June 18th, 2009, 3:18 am

I think the primary goal of the rebooting of Evangelion is to attract a new generation of fans, rather than "enhancing/upgrading" it. Or, to put it in your terms, milking it some more. Think about it, the original Evangelion was released in the mid 90's, the first legion of rabid fanboys are in their mid-20's (man, do I not feel old now...). However, despite all the faults, if there is EVER a series that I want to see redone over and over again, that is Evangelion. This was the first anime series that attracted me enough to dig through books in an attempt to understand all the allusions. After watching You Are Not Alone, I feel EVA is still relevant, the concept is still unique and much better than many of today's anime even after more than a full decade. Some series even blatantly copied EVA in an attempt to borrow some glory, but the end product was only a pathetic mimicry that lacked any imagination (I AM LOOKING AT YOU, RAHXEPHON). Eh, enough ranting, long live EVA.

O, and Shinji is a lot less cowardly and melancholic than I remebered. I think this is mostly due to the fact that the director selected more of Shinji's resolute moments from the original series. And, ahahaha, they cut the movie off EXACTLY before the debut of Asuka. They sure know how to divide up their eggs and keep the money flowing, lol.
Are we Beast's Lair Lite? Are we?!
Keeper of Gil's Vault
DESU DESU!

Unread postby AvatarofRage » June 24th, 2009, 11:35 pm

You didn't like RahXephon? p_p Oh well. I'd rather not start a flame war.

2.0 comes out in Japan on the 27th...It'll probably take a week or so for someone to fansub it, so hopefully early July.

Oh look, its apparantly 10 minutes longer than 1.

So, it took 2 years between 1.0 and 2.0...I wonder if we'll have to wait another 2 years for 3.0 and final...

Meanwhile, the Live-Action Eva seems to be comeing to fruition, at least if Matt Greenfield's to be believed.
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Catastrophe » June 25th, 2009, 6:39 am

AvatarofRage wrote:Meanwhile, the Live-Action Eva seems to be comeing to fruition, at least if Matt Greenfield's to be believed.

please let it be a lie >.<
Rus McLaughlin, IGN
Catastrophe
DESU DESU!

Next

Return to General Chat