Things that piss you off

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby -Shiki- » March 3rd, 2009, 1:58 pm

inferno_flamex wrote:
drizzt_rocks wrote:Heh found another thing I hate today. Design presentations especially when you have nothing memorised apart from that one line on a slide in your powerpoint >_<

Design presentations?

Memorised lines?

I mean... If you know your product/designs... Why would you even need the lines in the first place?

I've NEVER memorised anything in my presentations... In fact.. I make it a point to go with the flow and be confident, without the use of line cards.. Instead.. Think of the questions your 'audiance' might ask of your design..

I've always got top marks for my presentations that way..
XDDDD

Oooh..going through spontaneously..i finally found someone who's doing it too..my friends and family keep bugging me when i seem unprepared for a speech/presentation, when i got it all in my head..stop bugging me already!! its damn annoying..and when i manage to pull it off, they thought i pulled an all nighter :evil:
-Shiki-
Addict

Unread postby drizzt_rocks » March 4th, 2009, 10:15 am

inferno_flamex wrote:
drizzt_rocks wrote:Heh found another thing I hate today. Design presentations especially when you have nothing memorised apart from that one line on a slide in your powerpoint >_<

Design presentations?

Memorised lines?

I mean... If you know your product/designs... Why would you even need the lines in the first place?

I've NEVER memorised anything in my presentations... In fact.. I make it a point to go with the flow and be confident, without the use of line cards.. Instead.. Think of the questions your 'audiance' might ask of your design..

I've always got top marks for my presentations that way..
XDDDD

Going with the flow is good but you know a certain degree of preparation is still required :P

In fact I hardly make anything for my presentation as well but you still gotta have something to present well. I suppose its more that I have been spending 7 days a week designing and whatnot that you dont get time to setup these presentations properly and next thing you know you are being called up because you are still making the powerpoint 2 mins before you are on >_<
And the cutest anime character award goes to ... PINO
drizzt_rocks
Crack Desu!

Unread postby inferno_flamex » March 6th, 2009, 3:03 pm

One thing that kinda piss me off abit...

Its when you read something online and that person used the word 'an' instead of an 'a' in the sentence...

I mean.. i know it might be an accident... But it always causes me to stop reading for abit and mentally curse his inability to use 'an' and 'a' correctly... XDDD
"When a petanko hugs you, she's hugging closer to her heart"...
~:~:~
"There is no greater love, between a boy and his pillow"
~:~:~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_FT_c3IiQ
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby allanh » March 6th, 2009, 8:28 pm

something that pisses me off is when someone gets pissed off too easily :)
http://Miyazaki.com - my Hayao Miyazaki fan site
http://CityHunter.com- my City Hunter fan site
Saber-chan, come back to me~~~~~
allanh
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Unkind » March 7th, 2009, 12:21 am

Xamdou wrote:What piss me off.....

being the only otaku in class....so lonely :cry:

That's good, now people don't have to listen to you talking about something stupid while they're suffering through class :).

People with the TV volume so loud I can hear it 3 rooms away perfectly piss me off.
Unkind
Might just like this board

Unread postby that one guy » March 7th, 2009, 1:24 am

Writers block. Especially when it's targeted at SPEICIFCALLY what you don't want it to be. Can't figure out the end? Fine, you've got time. Can't figure out where to go from where you are now while people are expecting something? ****!!!
that one guy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby zweiterversuch » March 7th, 2009, 2:00 am

that one guy wrote:Writers block. Especially when it's targeted at SPEICIFCALLY what you don't want it to be. Can't figure out the end? Fine, you've got time. Can't figure out where to go from where you are now while people are expecting something? ****!!!

uh?
http://visualnoveldai.com/
If you want to create your own visual novel go there!
Try it out, no compromise!
8 inches in a week!

btw Princess Tutu is still Awesome!!!
zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby Kuuya/Fabre » March 7th, 2009, 2:45 am

You're just about finish... really... You only need to ink in some parts...

Then you find out that you're out of ink and its 3 am in the morning.
Kuuya/Fabre
Addict

Unread postby that one guy » March 7th, 2009, 2:49 am

zweiterversuch wrote:
that one guy wrote:Writers block. Especially when it's targeted at SPEICIFCALLY what you don't want it to be. Can't figure out the end? Fine, you've got time. Can't figure out where to go from where you are now while people are expecting something? ****!!!

uh?

I have writers block for two seperate things, both of them I know the end, but I don't know the "journy" so to speak. I don't exactly know how to get from the beginning to the end. It's a freaking bitch.
that one guy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Kuuya/Fabre » March 7th, 2009, 3:10 am

that one guy wrote:
zweiterversuch wrote:

uh?

I have writers block for two seperate things, both of them I know the end, but I don't know the "journy" so to speak. I don't exactly know how to get from the beginning to the end. It's a freaking bitch.

I kinda understand how it goes. When I get ideas thrown at me I usually ask them "So if you want this done explain to me Point B. There's no use of telling me about Point C if you all you've got is Point A or C. "

'
Kuuya/Fabre
Addict

Unread postby zweiterversuch » March 7th, 2009, 3:58 am

is that a game?

That "writting block" I mean...

OH!!!!!

writting block...like when you don't know how to continue a story, right?
or am I wrong?
http://visualnoveldai.com/
If you want to create your own visual novel go there!
Try it out, no compromise!
8 inches in a week!

btw Princess Tutu is still Awesome!!!
zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby that one guy » March 7th, 2009, 4:16 am

Yes, writers block is when you can't think of how to continue something you're writing/can't think of how to write something.
that one guy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby drizzt_rocks » March 7th, 2009, 5:58 am

allanh wrote:something that pisses me off is when someone gets pissed off too easily :)

It pisses me off when people get pissed off at people getting pissed off :P
drizzt_rocks
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Atriel » March 7th, 2009, 6:49 am

that one guy wrote:Yes, writers block is when you can't think of how to continue something you're writing/can't think of how to write something.

Do what i do. Just write something else in the meantime, that way you are still writing (hopefully about the same thing) and continuing the storyline.
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Raven » March 10th, 2009, 2:03 am

Day light saving week. They seriously need to do away with this crap, I'm two hours short of sleep each day because of this :evil:
Raven
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Xamdou » March 10th, 2009, 9:54 am

When a culprit tries to act like a victim.
"You sit proudly in this cave , like a Queen of Egypt.
In my service to you , I shall never know rest.
To prove my devotion , I have stolen this ostentatious offering.
But I'll show you things your dark blue eye haven't seen , smiles like a lake in the sun , blossoming like a lotus."
Xamdou
DESU DESU!

Unread postby drizzt_rocks » March 10th, 2009, 10:06 am

Raven wrote:Day light saving week. They seriously need to do away with this crap, I'm two hours short of sleep each day because of this :evil:

Holy crap yes that has to be one of THE most annoying things ever made. I seriously want to just bash the guy who invented the whole concept. Damn I absolutely HATE that crap. GAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH *breaks table*
drizzt_rocks
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Kuuya/Fabre » March 11th, 2009, 5:04 am

drizzt_rocks wrote:
Raven wrote:Day light saving week. They seriously need to do away with this crap, I'm two hours short of sleep each day because of this :evil:

Holy crap yes that has to be one of THE most annoying things ever made. I seriously want to just bash the guy who invented the whole concept. Damn I absolutely HATE that crap. GAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH *breaks table*

*runs into 'mirror moon time walking' telephone booth and uses its 'Talk Back in Time' option.

"Crap! Make a run for it Benjamin!(Franklin), drizzt_rocks is out to get you!"
Kuuya/Fabre
Addict

Unread postby drizzt_rocks » March 12th, 2009, 7:08 am

Ah ha you got the wrong fool. *Goes back in time and grabs William Willett and proceeds to go all berserker on him*
drizzt_rocks
Crack Desu!

Unread postby ayadew » March 12th, 2009, 4:16 pm

Nothing.
The instant I tear off your limbs, rip open your chest and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you ask for mercy, chewing through your eyes and spreading your brains on the ground like butter-------!
ayadew
Totally hardly posted

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat