I Love Guy Logic

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

I Love Guy Logic

Unread postby HeartCard » February 3rd, 2009, 5:39 pm

My boyfriend decided to Surprise me today. He did all the dishes I forgot to do this morning by the time I got back from a short walk.
But he messed up with where he set the glasses to dry.
He set them upsidedown(Good) the towel(Bad).
When I explained to him the cups will not dry properly in such a fashion, he provided me with GUY LOGIC.
Glorious, unadulterated GUY LOGIC.
What was his Guy logic?
"Ah, see the towel actually has little folds and scrunchs all over it, yeah? So the cup rests on all the bumps&scrunches, and the air gets in through the seperated space."
I couldn't say anything though, he was doing something nice. >_<

The sad thing is that Guy Logic will end an arguement normally. Guys dumbfound us with their...dumb logic. So much so we just silence ourselves.

Girl:"That Shirt has holes in it!"
Guy:"Yeah I figured, since we're going swimming anyways, the holes will let the inside of it dry like the outside when we're done swimming. That way it doesn't meldew or anything."


The sad thing is there are some guys reading this going "What's wrong with those lines? That guy thought it out. He's right."
*Shakes head*

Guys, I love your logic.

So I made this topic.
I want you guys to bring out all the "Guy Logic" you can manage.
Doesn't have to be something you(or your boyfriend) said. It doesn't even have to be something ever ACTUALLY said.
Just...Post some "Guy Logic" here please.
Mah signature starts here.
Behold! Twist Ties and Eroges as far as the eye can see!
Fate/Twisted Night:
http://forums.mirrormoon.org/viewtopic.php?t=2838
HeartCard
Addict
 
Posts: 89
Joined: August 3rd, 2008, 1:08 am
Location: Isn't it Sad, Sakura?

Unread postby Mkilbride » February 3rd, 2009, 5:53 pm

Why wear pants? We'll just be taking them off by the end of the night.

Lol, I dunno, I just made it up.

Our Guy logic is our only way to defend against the insanity of woman at times. :P

Like if yer woman ever asked if you masturbated to another woman while in the relationship, and you can't say no, cause she'll KNOW you're lying, but if you say yes, then it'll be an all out war!:P
User avatar
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!
 
Posts: 686
Joined: May 20th, 2007, 7:56 pm

Unread postby sabata2 » February 3rd, 2009, 7:48 pm

offtopic: Holy crap you're a woman?!

on topic:

That Glass thing made sense to me...

As for Guy Logic that I use...
Why spend money on doing laundry every week, when you can just buy more clothes and do laundry less frequently?
(ex. you have a weeks worth of Underwear. During the week, you buy 2 more weeks worth, and do laundry at the end of the first week. Now you only have to do laundry every 3 weeks!)

If it's broke, and I haven't seen it yet, I can fix it.
If it's broke, and I've seen it, it's fucked.

If at first you don't succeed, try the same thing with one part changed.
User avatar
sabata2
Addict
 
Posts: 107
Joined: December 19th, 2008, 10:58 pm

Re: I Love Guy Logic

Unread postby Watashimo » February 3rd, 2009, 10:18 pm

[quote="HeartCard"]My boyfriend decided to Surprise me today. He did all the dishes I forgot to do this morning by the time I got back from a short walk.
But he messed up with where he set the glasses to dry.
He set them upsidedown(Good) the towel(Bad).
When I explained to him the cups will not dry properly in such a fashion, he provided me with GUY LOGIC.
Glorious, unadulterated GUY LOGIC.
What was his Guy logic?
"Ah, see the towel actually has little folds and scrunchs all over it, yeah? So the cup rests on all the bumps&scrunches, and the air gets in through the seperated space."/quote]

Well actually, setting glasses upside-down on a towel is always how my family has done it, even my mom. I don't understand whats wrong with it and our glasses have always dried just fine. That way the counter doesn't get wet when it dries. As for the logic he used, it doesn't make much sense. The weight of the glass will make the glass sink into the towel (because the towel isn't solid like a counter), therefore cutting off any possible air supply.
"Hah, I see, I see! Yeah, thats so much more important than who my master is! You're right, kid!" - Lancer
"Therefore, give me tea." - Okazaki Tomoya.
User avatar
Watashimo
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 339
Joined: September 13th, 2008, 2:06 am
Location: Clock Tower

Unread postby abscess » February 3rd, 2009, 10:24 pm

One of my personal favorites that I've used when feeling really, really, really lazy:
Why washing all your clothes at the end of every week? There is no real need, just think about it. Reasons:
- After using the clothes only one time, they are still kinda clean so no need to wash them (supposing that you didn't sweat [much] or anything). Just move on to the next shirt and pants and get going
- After you've dirtied enough a batch of clothes, you may choose which of those are still in an acceptable condition. Else, grab some of your old clothes and use them again.
- After you've made sure you have no other old clean clothes to use, get someone to lend you some shirts or something.
- When you are in dire need of clean clothes and don't have someone else's clothes to use, instead of washing all of yours, only choose which ones you are going to need. Oh, don't mind colors or anything, just grab and wash.
With those simple steps you can get way past a week without doing laundry (not counting underwear), that way you save money in the water bill and help the environment! :)

Edit:
Hmm....! Now I see that sabat2 and I have somewhat of the same problem solution!
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
User avatar
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx
 
Posts: 1939
Joined: April 25th, 2008, 10:08 am
Location: Parmistan lol

Re: I Love Guy Logic

Unread postby Message » February 3rd, 2009, 10:48 pm

Watashimo wrote:Well actually, setting glasses upside-down on a towel is always how my family has done it, even my mom. I don't understand whats wrong with it and our glasses have always dried just fine. That way the counter doesn't get wet when it dries. As for the logic he used, it doesn't make much sense. The weight of the glass will make the glass sink into the towel (because the towel isn't solid like a counter), therefore cutting off any possible air supply.

In fact leaving a glass standing upside down to dry works a lot better on a towel than on a wet counter. The water will close off the air gap between glass and counter, causing the water to remain standing inside the glass by capillary action. Putting a towel underneath may still close off much of the air gap, but the fabric will soak up the water and allow it to disperse over a much larger area, drastically decreasing the effect.

Sorry HeartCard, but you're actually quite wrong about this particular example. :roll: The drawback is of course ending up with a totally wet tea towel, and possibly traces of soap remaining in the glass. But the latter also happens if you leave them without a towel underneath. So in the end drying them yourself with a tea towel is the best solution.
User avatar
Message
Master of Bad Puns
 
Posts: 1845
Joined: October 25th, 2004, 6:27 pm
Location: Netherlands

Re: I Love Guy Logic

Unread postby Mkilbride » February 3rd, 2009, 11:00 pm

Message wrote:
Watashimo wrote:Well actually, setting glasses upside-down on a towel is always how my family has done it, even my mom. I don't understand whats wrong with it and our glasses have always dried just fine. That way the counter doesn't get wet when it dries. As for the logic he used, it doesn't make much sense. The weight of the glass will make the glass sink into the towel (because the towel isn't solid like a counter), therefore cutting off any possible air supply.

In fact leaving a glass standing upside down to dry works a lot better on a towel than on a wet counter. The water will close off the air gap between glass and counter, causing the water to remain standing inside the glass by capillary action. Putting a towel underneath may still close off much of the air gap, but the fabric will soak up the water and allow it to disperse over a much larger area, drastically decreasing the effect.

Sorry HeartCard, but you're actually quite wrong about this particular example. :roll: The drawback is of course ending up with a totally wet tea towel, and possibly traces of soap remaining in the glass. But the latter also happens if you leave them without a towel underneath. So in the end drying them yourself with a tea towel is the best solution.


SO that's what she meant. I was confused, I was like "So are the glasses up or down", because yeah, we do it upside down here too...infact, most everyone I've seen in real life or a movie does it that way...lol. I believe she will regret making this topic, somewhat. :P
User avatar
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!
 
Posts: 686
Joined: May 20th, 2007, 7:56 pm

Unread postby sabata2 » February 3rd, 2009, 11:35 pm

Another of my "Man-ism's"

If you stick out, you are noticed.
If you try to blend in you are more recognizable.

But if you stick out JUST enough, people ignore you completely.

For example, when I want to go unnoticed, I wear a bright yellow Jacket (regardless of weather), sandals and socks, and listen to my music with huge ass headphones.

The result is, anybody not looking for me, glances at me and goes "omg, weirdo" and ignores me from then on.
While on the flip side, anyone who knows you do this can spot you easily, making it easy to strike up a conversation.
User avatar
sabata2
Addict
 
Posts: 107
Joined: December 19th, 2008, 10:58 pm

Unread postby X-Calibar » February 4th, 2009, 12:12 am

hmmm I dry them with a papertowel first, THEN put it on another dry paper towel upside down to be completely dry! [Don't do that too often since we have a washer..., but some dishes are not dishwasher safe@!]

And I know some guys who never look at the directions, they figure it out on the way :P
but...Soon as someone messes up :P I say, "Did you follow the directions?" As long as you follow it exactly it should come out right! [long as you take it logically and use some common sense...]
User avatar
X-Calibar
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 305
Joined: April 20th, 2007, 5:27 am

Unread postby Atriel » February 4th, 2009, 12:33 am

Uhh... the logic behind was kinda dumb Heartcard <_<

If anything i have a simple:

- Why make the bed? It feels better all messy AND even if you do fix it, once i go to sleep it will once again be messy. Quit wasting time. I don't waste mine anymore in telling them this though.

- Why wash it if it isn't dirty? Some weird fixation to wash anything that was used.

If you stick out, you are noticed.
If you try to blend in you are more recognizable.


That reminds me. In public, the damn kids stare at me (probably at anyone i guess) and i feel like poking their eyes out. I move a bit to get out of their sight range and the little bastards move into mommy's shoulder so they can keep staring. I hate those cursed meatbags.
If you disagree, you are wrong.
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!
 
Posts: 1030
Joined: October 21st, 2007, 3:49 am

Unread postby sabata2 » February 4th, 2009, 1:46 am

Atriel wrote:That reminds me. In public, the damn kids stare at me (probably at anyone i guess) and i feel like poking their eyes out. I move a bit to get out of their sight range and the little bastards move into mommy's shoulder so they can keep staring. I hate those cursed meatbags.

You probably don't look awkward ENOUGH.



Can't think of anymore Man-ism's atm ._.
User avatar
sabata2
Addict
 
Posts: 107
Joined: December 19th, 2008, 10:58 pm

Unread postby Raven » February 4th, 2009, 2:03 am

Women are weird.

That's my only guy logic.
User avatar
Raven
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 427
Joined: June 16th, 2007, 12:29 am

Unread postby drizzt_rocks » February 4th, 2009, 4:06 am

Atriel wrote:That reminds me. In public, the damn kids stare at me (probably at anyone i guess) and i feel like poking their eyes out. I move a bit to get out of their sight range and the little bastards move into mommy's shoulder so they can keep staring. I hate those cursed meatbags.


I know what you mean. Its so annoying. My solution is to just stare back angrily until they start crying :P

Also lol @ this topic. Whats wrong with placing a glass on a towel for drying??? What is wrong with you woman? I would explain myself but since someones already done the work I point you towards message's post.
And the cutest anime character award goes to ... PINO
User avatar
drizzt_rocks
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 399
Joined: April 19th, 2007, 1:43 pm
Location: Horny land

Unread postby NonExistence » February 4th, 2009, 4:25 am

drizzt_rocks wrote:
Atriel wrote:That reminds me. In public, the damn kids stare at me (probably at anyone i guess) and i feel like poking their eyes out. I move a bit to get out of their sight range and the little bastards move into mommy's shoulder so they can keep staring. I hate those cursed meatbags.


I know what you mean. Its so annoying. My solution is to just stare back angrily until they start crying :P

Also lol @ this topic. Whats wrong with placing a glass on a towel for drying??? What is wrong with you woman? I would explain myself but since someones already done the work I point you towards message's post.

and i introduce to the world the marvelous, incredible invention known as... the dish rack.
Whenever I go on, everyone leaves the Tsukihime forums. 'Cause I just fail like that.
User avatar
NonExistence
Crack Addic!
 
Posts: 239
Joined: August 17th, 2007, 5:12 pm
Location: The Strong and Free Giant Block of Ice in the True North

Unread postby abscess » February 4th, 2009, 4:31 am

NonExistence wrote:and i introduce to the world the marvelous, incredible invention known as... the dish rack.

Yeh, but why bother with it? eventually you'll have to also clean it up, not to mention the surface it's placed in. It's easier just to use a towel.
Also, why shaving? Some women like hairy bearded men! When I shave it's because I'm "cultivating" it so it grows even MORE!
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
User avatar
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx
 
Posts: 1939
Joined: April 25th, 2008, 10:08 am
Location: Parmistan lol

Unread postby that one guy » February 4th, 2009, 5:44 am

I shave so I look better for job interviews. Now if only I could get one....
User avatar
that one guy
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 481
Joined: August 17th, 2008, 11:11 pm
Location: How should I know?

Unread postby Mkilbride » February 4th, 2009, 6:01 am

abscess wrote:
NonExistence wrote:and i introduce to the world the marvelous, incredible invention known as... the dish rack.

Yeh, but why bother with it? eventually you'll have to also clean it up, not to mention the surface it's placed in. It's easier just to use a towel.
Also, why shaving? Some women like hairy bearded men! When I shave it's because I'm "cultivating" it so it grows even MORE!



I agree, by the time I was 16, I had a full beard, it covers all of my jaw and near up to my mouth, with my mustache growing down around it, and I let my hair grow really long, so my Side Burns grew into the beard, and now I look like a real Mountain Man.

People tell me I look like Jesus alot though, funny that I'm an Atheist, too. :P
User avatar
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!
 
Posts: 686
Joined: May 20th, 2007, 7:56 pm

Unread postby inferno_flamex » February 4th, 2009, 6:53 am

Atriel wrote:- Why make the bed? It feels better all messy AND even if you do fix it, once i go to sleep it will once again be messy. Quit wasting time. I don't waste mine anymore in telling them this though.


Amen man.. That's exactly right... I dont understand why i must make my bed either.. Since im the only one sleepin on it.. And nobody's gonna enter my room...

Hmm.. Some personal logic that i myself use...

..


"I dont wash my forks or spoons..."
- Reason.. Coz i dont want to be blamed when someone from the family founds a dirty spoon, or a piece of rice stuck between the fork, found in the 'washed' utensils corner...

"I do not use the sponge to clean my personal glasses/mugs"
- Reason.. Since my favourite drink is ICED mineral/distilled/plain water... H2O.. Or whatever it is you call it... I do not like to clean it up with the sponge that everyone use to wash everything else... those pots and/or plates filled with oil and... gravy.. and stuffs... In fact, i use my bare hands to clean it up... with soap of coz... and use suction power to clean the insides (it involves my hand being a fist)... Then rinse...

I think that since its only plain water that i drink, im only going to get it even 'dirtier' by using a sponge that has been cleaning up the leftovers...


...
...

And this might be true for us men in general i guess...


"Us men can separate 'LOVE' from SEX... But sadly... We can never separate 'SEX' from LOVE"...
...
.....
"When a petanko hugs you, she's hugging closer to her heart"...
~:~:~
"There is no greater love, between a boy and his pillow"
~:~:~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_FT_c3IiQ
User avatar
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!
 
Posts: 832
Joined: March 13th, 2008, 5:00 pm
Location: Somewhere that's raining Bishoujos

Unread postby Message » February 4th, 2009, 7:35 am

inferno_flamex wrote:
Atriel wrote:- Why make the bed? It feels better all messy AND even if you do fix it, once i go to sleep it will once again be messy. Quit wasting time. I don't waste mine anymore in telling them this though.


Amen man.. That's exactly right... I dont understand why i must make my bed either.. Since im the only one sleepin on it.. And nobody's gonna enter my room...

Also I heard it's healthier to leave it open/messy during the day, I guess it allows the moist to evaporate better. Guy logic doesn't only work, it works better! :P

Here's one for you: I don't need to shower because I'm gonna be behind the pc all day anyway. Nerd logic. >_>;;
User avatar
Message
Master of Bad Puns
 
Posts: 1845
Joined: October 25th, 2004, 6:27 pm
Location: Netherlands

Unread postby sabata2 » February 4th, 2009, 8:30 am

Atleast you people freaking GOT beards...

I'm damned 20 years old, I've never shaved, and I STILL look like I'm 16 >_>
(That is if you ignore how much stress has aged my face)


Anyways, some personal Man-ism

I wear socks because my feet get cold otherwise.
But I wear sandles because my feet sweat to much in tennis shoes.
So because I can't handle these extremes, the only logical path is to look like an idiot.
User avatar
sabata2
Addict
 
Posts: 107
Joined: December 19th, 2008, 10:58 pm

Next

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 3 guests

cron