Dark Translations offering to create commissioned patches

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby inferno_flamex » January 26th, 2009, 1:32 am

lolipedofin wrote:Promote VN ?? I dunno about that.... no matter how transparent he tries to be, the image of asking money in advance (be it paid before or after the work is done) wouldn't bode well with the majority of people.... I will not be the one to judge the justice behind this activity, what i want to say is, this practice would likely be unpopular among people, and may even be perceived as shady...

Of course it would be unpopular.. Considering that we are so used to getting patches for free... Be it translation patches, or NoCD ones..

But what i meant by 'promoting' VNs ins that, at least i believe, we have a choice to choose the VN that's going to be translated...
Instead of just waiting for some good soul to take an interest in it... So in the case of GreenGreen. A fan of the show (like me) would definitely want to try their luck on the game. And a completed translation of the game would interest future fans of the anime... which in turn would hopefully be fans of VNs as well..

I guess it could be unpopular if the prices are too demanding...

But like i've said... If the prices are reasonable... And maybe if they allow 'multiple' payments..

Meaning like..
Having a bunch of people commisioning them like $5 each, slowly, steadily, as the translation moves on.. people who have interest on the SAME game..
instead of just one guy having to fork out $50 all by himself at one go...
"When a petanko hugs you, she's hugging closer to her heart"...
~:~:~
"There is no greater love, between a boy and his pillow"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_FT_c3IiQ
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby DarkFusion » January 26th, 2009, 2:05 am

Well, prices are negotiable. All you really need to do is talk with Nephrin about it and you can probably work out a price that's fair to both of you. The guy who requested Elf Princess Nina was able to negotiate a price drop.

As for the multiple payments part, I think that's basically what's intended and why there's a forum on the site for it. Those who want to join in simply say how much they're willing to contribute.

If you're curious, you can always visit the site and e-mail or PM the guy in charge.
DarkFusion
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby LoSs » January 26th, 2009, 3:24 am

I don't think we have any right to complain about his way of work.

Take a look at this (warning the translation sample image is from an ero scene, so adult content, you have been warned):

I, myself, not really interested in a game, you guys are going to pick - I'm interested in translation process itself.
LoSs
Addict

Unread postby inferno_flamex » January 26th, 2009, 5:32 am

LoSs wrote:I don't think we have any right to complain about his way of work.

Take a look at this (warning the translation sample image is from an ero scene, so adult content, you have been warned):

I, myself, not really interested in a game, you guys are going to pick - I'm interested in translation process itself.

Now wait wait wait...

Did i sound like i was complaining?... No seriously... If i sounded like i did.... Well.. im not.. but i apologise anyway..
Im just stating what i think on the matter... And i believe the others are as well.
Because this does concern ways of how Translations of VNs are going about in the future...

But have you guys looked at the pricings?

an average of about $200 to translate a VN... i said ABOUT... and AVERAGE...
And apperently there are already people that has paid for the translation...
"When a petanko hugs you, she's hugging closer to her heart"...
"There is no greater love, between a boy and his pillow"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_FT_c3IiQ
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby AlinSabel » January 26th, 2009, 6:39 am

Yeah, two people stated they would fork over $100 each for that game... Assuming Nephrinn has to buy the game in the first place, that $200 would probably be eaten up pretty quickly.
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Previous

Return to General Chat