Headset / Gaming Mic help.

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

Headset / Gaming Mic help.

Unread postby Mkilbride » December 26th, 2008, 1:43 pm

Over the years, I've had a few mics. They were never HORRIBLE, but they weren't that GREAT either.(Broke down, static, uncomfortable)

Now that I've got a few good CO-OP games, I wanna get a GOOD headset. Personally, I'm going to use my 5.1 surround sound, so I don't really care for the headphones on the headset, just that it's COMFORTABLE(I can hang it around my neck and bend the mic up to talk, you know, cause I don't wanna have the headphones on) and the quality is great.(I don't think any headset's headphones can sound as good as my 5.1)

Now cord length has always been a problem for me, and these Wireless ones look nicely. Of course, my Wireless phone has some issues in this house, maybe due to Wi-Fi? I dunno. I was worired these Cordless Mic's might have alot of issues.(Poor quality, breaking up, ect)

(Long link here)

Now I've got a 50$ BestBuy gift card, but that's not my limit, I have more moneys. I want to know what you guys use, trust, and think is good. I see all types of features on them that just seem so "Hmm..."

Price should be reasonable, I'm not going to be buying any 150$ headsets, you understand? All my previous ones were 10-15$ ones, so I think 30-50$ seems like a fair price range.(75$ is it has some really nice features)

Thank you.

Also, since my other forums I've asked on have constantly posted headphones, I'll remind you, I do NOT plan to use Headphones, only the MIC. 5.1 Surround sound > Headphones any day.
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby marus » December 27th, 2008, 6:40 am

I just use one of those headsets made for cellphones, then use a 2.5mm-3.5mm adapter so it will plug into my computer. The microphone sits comfortably around my neck (like a necklace), and I just cut off the earpiece and use my own headphones (most headphone+mic combos tend not to sound as good as quality dedicated headphones, and it sounds like you're happy with your current sound system). The microphone is decent quality, certainly good enough for voice-chat. I don't have the box or receipt anymore so I can't give you the exact model; it's just some generic headset, but it only cost me $10 and it's lasted me for a couple years. So that would be another solution to look into.
KATTO!
marus
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Xanathos » December 29th, 2008, 6:05 am

Look at review sites like gamespot and on cnet. Then see what best buy sells. If you give me some time I can dig up one of my old game informer magazines and find a good set.
Xanathos
Crack Addic!

Return to General Chat