Any Evangelion fans here?(somehow became spoiler>_>)

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

Any Evangelion fans here?(somehow became spoiler>_>)

Unread postby Xamdou » December 24th, 2008, 1:30 pm

Anyone who loves the anime Neon Genesis Evangelion here? I find it the best mecha + supernatural anime i ever seen :D
Last edited by Xamdou on December 28th, 2008, 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
"You sit proudly in this cave , like a Queen of Egypt.
In my service to you , I shall never know rest.
To prove my devotion , I have stolen this ostentatious offering.
But I'll show you things your dark blue eye haven't seen , smiles like a lake in the sun , blossoming like a lotus."
Xamdou
DESU DESU!

Unread postby I1nk » December 24th, 2008, 1:35 pm

What anime would this be?????
I am also a fan of Neon Genesis Evangelion.
"Night closed night, other night, night pain, night sink, is night/stay night."
I1nk
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Xamdou » December 24th, 2008, 1:36 pm

I1nk wrote:What anime would this be?????
I am also a fan of Neon Genesis Evangelion.
the angels from evangelion is kinda like supernatural , dun you think so? :D
But I'll show you things your dark blue eye haven't seen , smiles like a lake in the sun , blossoming like a lotus."
Xamdou
DESU DESU!

Unread postby I1nk » December 24th, 2008, 3:16 pm

I think so. I just wish the pilots had a little less mental problems. To much complaining if you ask me.
When unit 01 started to eat one of the angels

That was crazy.

I also love that fancy little saying under Nerv.
"God's In His Heaven, All's Right With The World"
I can't wait till I can see the other movie. The new one.

I thought you found an anime just like NGE. Well that's my misunderstanding.
I1nk
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Mkilbride » December 24th, 2008, 3:39 pm

Meh. I watched it, it's alright. THe part where he eats that thing though, is indeed very badass.

Most of the time I just wanted the next episode to come, so that the series would be over with.

Everyone shouts you can't be a true anime / mecha fan until you've seen that.

I realize that, for it's day, it was amazing. Stacking it up to things today though...not so much. Probably because I didn't watch anime in 1995(Was only 6/7), and I saw alot of the plot on late night TV(In poor English), but I watched it all in Japanese and such...but never had any drive to finish it, or the movies.
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Jatts » December 25th, 2008, 4:15 am

I thought it was pretty good, except Shinji was annoying to me.
Jatts
Addict

Unread postby Sepheriel » December 25th, 2008, 7:31 am

Hell yes I'm an Evangelion fan. It blew my freaking mind! Will always be one of the best anime ever made. Period. Shinji was so damn annoying but Rei was so damn awesome :P Asuka was cool too! I would have liked a whole different show to be made with the "normal" (i.e. no angels or NERV, just high school life) seen in one of the last episodes, but what can you do. Still love it.
EKUSU---------KALIBAAAAAAAA!!
Sepheriel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Xamdou » December 25th, 2008, 7:34 am

Asuka is kinda like Rin , Rei is then like Saber then Shinji is kinda like erm a psychopath Shirou?
Xamdou
DESU DESU!

Unread postby zweiterversuch » December 25th, 2008, 3:12 pm

Xamdou wrote:Asuka is kinda like Rin , Rei is then like Saber then Shinji is kinda like erm a psychopath Shirou?

I am a bandage fan so I love REI Ayanami the most!!

Ayanami REI IS THE BEST THIHNG EVER !!!!!

REI
REI
REI
REI!!!
http://visualnoveldai.com/
If you want to create your own visual novel go there!
Try it out, no compromise!
8 inches in a week!

btw Princess Tutu is still Awesome!!!
zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby Xamdou » December 27th, 2008, 3:34 am

Sepheriel wrote:Hell yes I'm an Evangelion fan. It blew my freaking mind! Will always be one of the best anime ever made. Period. Shinji was so damn annoying but Rei was so damn awesome :P Asuka was cool too! I would have liked a whole different show to be made with the "normal" (i.e. no angels or NERV, just high school life) seen in one of the last episodes, but what can you do. Still love it.
Theres a manga like that somewhere
Xamdou
DESU DESU!

Unread postby AddleBoy » December 27th, 2008, 5:34 am

You mean Neon Genesis Evangelion Angelic Days?

http://myanimelist.net/manga/760/Neon_G ... gelic_Days
Then you realize... That there is no loli. And it's not the loli you're molesting, it's yourself.
AddleBoy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Xamdou » December 27th, 2008, 5:36 am

AddleBoy wrote:You mean Neon Genesis Evangelion Angelic Days?

Not sure , theres 1 more about valentine , is that it? His cold looking dad turn into hyper-active
Xamdou
DESU DESU!

Unread postby AvatarofRage » December 27th, 2008, 2:31 pm

Evangelion was one of the first anime I ever watched...I was 6 at the time, so that probably explains much of my madness.

There's also another manga called...I think it's Gakuen, anyhow, they have it [url removed by MSG]. It's Eva without the mecha...what the hell? Basically, instead of mecha, the Eva are spiritual weapons, and the Angels are humanoid, rationalizing beings. I wouldn't mind the whole thing except they made Unit #1 look like a freaking water pistol. I mean, Unit #0 gets to be the Lance of Longinus, ugh.

Or you might be thinking of "Shinji Ikari Raising Project"...I don't know much about that one...

Who here's seen Evangelion Rebuild?...I've seen 1; You Are (Not) Alone, which basically covers up to Ramiel's attack. When I watched it, I was rarely aware of when content had been removed, and at no point did I feel anything was missing. Two things, I did discern.
One, they've cut out the vast majority of poignant nothing (read: staring at the back of someone's head/listening to the bgm for ten minutes), and that alone seems to have allowed them to compress 6 episodes into 98 minutes, while still adding to it.
Two, it looks like there will be a lot more intrigue in this. That's right, not only do we once again have no clue whats going on, there's more of it going on and we're getting less of it. I exaggerate, but perhaps not as much as I think I am.

A few other things...judging from the trailer for part two; You Can (not) Advance, it will start with the introduction of Asuka, introduce some 'mysterious girl' (as Petit Eva: Evangelion@Game describes her) named Mari, cover Unit #3's infection with Bardiel...and then go over Unit # 5 going missing and Unit #6 flying to the moon...

Scheduled to come out some time in early summer, then parts 3 and 4 will be released together...probably 20010-20011

Oh one other thing, at the end of rebuild:1, Kaworu makes a cryptic comment..."...The third (child) hasn't changed at all... i look forward to meeting Shinji again"...my money's on post-instrumentality somehow.

Hmm...there's also the matter of the Live-Action Evangelion movie...its being made by ADV, Gainax, and Weta Workshop Ltd..and is scheduled to come out anywhere between, and i quote, "Early 2009 to late 2015"...o_0
The estimated budget is between $100-120 million, which ADV claims they've raised half of...
According to Matt Greenfield and Tiffany grant, they've been approached by a bunch of high-profile directors and actors about the movie, that they've got a slug script already, that their planning on making it into a trilogy, and wish to make the movie(s) 'for fun, not profit, like Lord of the Rings'
At a later conference, Matt and John Ledford said they've hired Joseph Chu (Producer of Appleseed Ex Machina), have pitched the idea to other producers such as Jerry Bruckheimer and Steven Spielberg, and that interest has soared thanks to the Transformers movie.

L.A. Eva...I've...mixed opinions about this...on one hand, I've seen some of the design sketches for the movie, and they look awesome...and they've promised not to take too many liberties (such as setting it somewhere other than Japan)...on the other hand, so many terrible things can go wrong...I dunno...
Crack Addic!

Unread postby zweiterversuch » December 27th, 2008, 11:00 pm

Edit that comment!!!
Edit that comment!!!!
Edit that comment!!!!
Edit that comment!!!!
Edit that comment!!!!
Edit that comment!!!!
Edit that comment!!!!
Edit that comment!!!!

Edit it before message arrives!!!

Do not mention one@@@@@@@ . com
8 inches in a week!

zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby Xamdou » December 28th, 2008, 1:01 am

now this threat is spoiler tagged -_-
Last edited by Xamdou on December 28th, 2008, 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xamdou
DESU DESU!

Unread postby I1nk » December 28th, 2008, 2:13 am

AvatarofRage wrote:Hmm...there's also the matter of the Live-Action Evangelion movie...its being made by ADV, Gainax, and Weta Workshop Ltd..and is scheduled to come out anywhere between, and i quote, "Early 2009 to late 2015"...o_0

Hmmm. I hope it will be good and nothing like the
end when they seem to go into super weird mode

AddleBoy wrote:You mean Neon Genesis Evangelion Angelic Days?

I do not think the manga is very good, but I have yet to start the NGE manga.

I didn't like the way they made Asuka in the manga
I1nk
Crack Addic!

Unread postby abscess » December 28th, 2008, 3:36 am

Wow... Live Action EVA.... I remember hearing that rumor years ago and reading about it some months agos too... I really hope it doesn't go forward with any of it. Just remember Street Figther: The Movie with Jean Claude Van Damme, that was baaaaaad and the original story wasn't really all that hard to work with. It scares me that this product could be like that.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby zweiterversuch » December 28th, 2008, 10:54 am

abscess wrote:Wow... Live Action EVA.... I remember hearing that rumor years ago and reading about it some months agos too... I really hope it doesn't go forward with any of it. Just remember Street Figther: The Movie with Jean Claude Van Damme, that was baaaaaad and the original story wasn't really all that hard to work with. It scares me that this product could be like that.

hmm...
I kind of wonder why the movie industry is starting to do so many movies about video games and comic series...

The movies aren't ever as good as the original...

(except Batman returns 1 & 2. Those were great.)

It is really getting on my nerves...
8 inches in a week!

zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby Xamdou » December 28th, 2008, 10:57 am

zweiterversuch wrote:
abscess wrote:Wow... Live Action EVA.... I remember hearing that rumor years ago and reading about it some months agos too... I really hope it doesn't go forward with any of it. Just remember Street Figther: The Movie with Jean Claude Van Damme, that was baaaaaad and the original story wasn't really all that hard to work with. It scares me that this product could be like that.

hmm...
I kind of wonder why the movie industry is starting to do so many movies about video games and comic series...

The movies aren't ever as good as the original...

(except Batman returns 1 & 2. Those were great.)

It is really getting on my nerves...
they probably thinks that since japan earn so much money from animes mangas & games , if they make a movie out of those more populars ones they probably can earn hell lotsof money too >_> no offence
Xamdou
DESU DESU!

Unread postby abscess » December 28th, 2008, 2:01 pm

The only possible way for a live action EVA movie to not suck balls so much is having director Uwe Bol do the writing and directing.
Just see his previouis works, sure they seem rather rough around the edges, but they can be worked out.
Not only that, you can actually see how he progresses in all of his movies. His style has been changing for the better and is quite passionate about his projects.
Since the movie will probably not see the light of day in quite some time (2015), there is still time for him to improve his skills so that he is good enough for the undertaking of such a high-profile enterprise as a Live Action rendition to the EVA franchise is.

[/troll]

Please, omni-potent imaginary being, please uncreate the idea of this movie~!
And if Dr. Uwe (yes, he has a degree) is to be the one to mangle work in the movie, then I can declare that the whole project was only created for the lulz.... Though hard-core fans will cry :lol:

Anyway, jokes aside, I really see no way of such a movie to ever be good. They are making Eva Rebuild, and it feels kinda rushed already. What will they do? "Original" story? It would turn out as the X-Men flick at best.

@ Zwei: The Dark Knight was something odd, really; for it to have turned into a good movie, is quite strange. Most movies based in video games, comics, anime or any other media (even books) tend to not only not to be of the quality expected by the fans, but being able to reach levels of suckiness thought to be unapproachable at first (*coughResidentEvil2&3cough*). Much more so if the original creator(s) isn't/aren't involved in the whole thing, just see the Tsukihime anime..... that thing that we all agree that never happened....
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Next

Return to General Chat