Ninja Gaiden [Xbox]

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

Ninja Gaiden [Xbox]

Unread postby DragonNeoReborn » March 11th, 2004, 7:19 pm

Has anyone played this yet? I got it last Wednesday (preordered it for about a month...) I love it, the combos rock, and the graphics are literally the best ever. There are multiple weapons, 3 unlockable games, about 20 levels, and kickass cinematics. What more could you want :?: Has anyone else played this yet?
DragonNeoReborn
Might just like this board

Unread postby Hideki-Motosuwa » April 4th, 2004, 1:20 am

I've already beaten the game but I didn't find none of the NES Ninja Gaiden games. I will have to go back and get them. Overall, I love it!
Hideki-Motosuwa
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby TheXev » April 4th, 2004, 8:13 am

I?ve only had a chance to play the game briefly in stores. Xbox games aren?t typically my cup of tea, but I?d like to play it more.
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy

Unread postby DragonNeoReborn » April 28th, 2004, 7:50 pm

I beat it too. It really isn't that hard to find the games, you just need to find all of the scarabs first. Go to gamestop.com and they have a great strategy guide for it...
DragonNeoReborn
Might just like this board

Unread postby Xavier » January 14th, 2007, 3:41 am

Since this is is really old and I just saw "the graphics are literally the best ever", see the game Crysis.
Xavier
Crack Desu!

Unread postby puKKa » January 14th, 2007, 8:15 pm

Xavier wrote:Since this is is really old and I just saw "the graphics are literally the best ever", see the game Crysis.

damn necromancers...

Concidering Ninja Gaiden is about 2-3 years old and Crysis is not even done yet and will run on a nextgen console and computers I don't see what 's so strange -_-
iddqd
puKKa
I kick on girls trying to kill me

Unread postby TakaJun » March 20th, 2007, 10:00 pm

I just recently had a chance to play this at my friends house. Aside from graphics and everything else, I love the difficulty.
Long story short, I stayed up all night playing this game :D
TakaJun

Unread postby puKKa » March 20th, 2007, 10:25 pm

TakaJun wrote:I just recently had a chance to play this at my friends house. Aside from graphics and everything else, I love the difficulty.
Long story short, I stayed up all night playing this game :D

That's what makes it good though you have to be very focues while playing so you can't really slack any while playing..

I havnt finished the game yet though I should.. but I believe I would be too noob at it to continue from the last place I saved xDD
iddqd
puKKa
I kick on girls trying to kill me

Unread postby blindrage7363x » June 22nd, 2007, 6:13 am

Ninja Gaiden Black was amazing, i just finished hard mode last week.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma is coming out for PS3 on June 26th. From what i understand, its just a much better looking version of ninja gaiden.

Rachel will be a playable character, and much like Vergil in Devil May Cry 3 S.E., she will have her own isolated story path. Using her fiend hammer/war hammer (...lol pun) will be much more agile and nimble than when Ryu retrieves it in (i think) Chapter 12 of his path, after beating the Greater Fiend Alma V1. This works out though, because rachel was always working right alongside Ryu in the main game, but Ryu only caught up with her when their paths intersected. If i remember Ryu's patch correctly, Rachel starts off from a village, goes to the city, fights doku, fights her sister in a cg cut scene, fights doku again, gets captured, and her last real important appearance is atop the Pyramid when fighting Alma 2.0. She shouldnt kill Alma in her story path, in fact, since Ryu kills most of the important people, her bosses should be mostly unique to her, the story paths arent supposed to conflict, but support. Rachel will be able to use weapons other than her hammer, but she will not be using the dragon sword, plasma saber, or any of ryu's key weapons. I have no idea about her projectile weaponry, if she has any, she will be fighting fiends for the most part.

Ryu will pretty much be the same, a few new acrobatic movement commands have been added, including faster canceling between attacks. There will be new enemies, mostly fiends and more variations of old enemies. Some weapons will have updates as well (the useless smokebomb... maybe itll be the most powerful... jk). Overall the game is going to run even smoother than before. What i dont know is wheter enemy placement will have a "Black Mode" or if it will be unique. Not much is changing from the core game, mission mode may/may not be imported from black. Mostly, im wondering wheter Sigma is working off of Black or the Original (XBOX Title)

It's also worth noting that Ninja Gaiden will be getting a DS release. Full touch screen controls, 3D Graphics, in an interview the creator was talking about his fascination with the "touching" part of the game. Supposedly the only button used will be the 8 buttons on the front, whenever any one is pressed, Ryu will block. However, eliminating input commands will probably take alot away from the game. I dont have much hope...

Right now, the game is tapping into its previous popularity reserves, and are moving forward. This is all leading to the amazing release of Ninja Gaiden 2, unannounced, unofficial, but will exist sometime. (Ninja Gaiden 2 is being worked on, btw, Tecmo reveals some of this in DOA.

Speaking of DOA, Ryu pwns. Hope this helps.
"Thats the problem with strengthening, if you try to change something that is already perfect, you risk making it imperfect, so why take the risk?" ~Emiya Shirou, Fate/Stay Night
blindrage7363x
Totally hardly posted

Return to General Chat