MM IRC

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

MM IRC

Unread postby xthr » November 28th, 2008, 10:38 pm

So, just for reference, who here is on mirrormoon's channel on irc?

I'm on sometimes, under the name "Excess"
xthr
Crack Addic!

Unread postby abscess » November 28th, 2008, 11:09 pm

I only went there once or twice, can't remember. Didn't see much movement there, so I haven't bothered with giving it another chance just yet. Probably sometime later, who knows. When I was there I used the same name as here (abscess).
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby ayadew » November 28th, 2008, 11:24 pm

There's currently 77 people

#mirrormoon @ irc.irchighway.net

I'm always there
Last edited by ayadew on November 28th, 2008, 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The instant I tear off your limbs, rip open your chest and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you ask for mercy, chewing through your eyes and spreading your brains on the ground like butter-------!
ayadew
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby NonExistence » November 28th, 2008, 11:25 pm

i don't use irc because of a very simple reason: i have no idea how.
Whenever I go on, everyone leaves the Tsukihime forums. 'Cause I just fail like that.
NonExistence
Crack Addic!

Location: The Strong and Free Giant Block of Ice in the True North

Unread postby ayadew » November 28th, 2008, 11:25 pm

NonExistence wrote:i don't use irc because of a very simple reason: i have no idea how.

Download "mIRC" and you'll do fine
The instant I tear off your limbs, rip open your chest and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you ask for mercy, chewing through your eyes and spreading your brains on the ground like butter-------!
ayadew
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby xthr » November 28th, 2008, 11:27 pm

I just use the chatzilla plugin for firefox.
xthr
Crack Addic!

Unread postby NonExistence » November 28th, 2008, 11:28 pm

so... anyone know a plugin for safari? windows version?
Whenever I go on, everyone leaves the Tsukihime forums. 'Cause I just fail like that.
NonExistence
Crack Addic!

Unread postby xthr » November 28th, 2008, 11:51 pm

haven't found any :\

OT: on plugins for ffox/safari, try downloading cooliris. It's a pretty awesome way to browse images :D
xthr
Crack Addic!

Unread postby abscess » November 29th, 2008, 12:06 am

@NonExistence
It's not that hard really. I'm using mIRC, which is somehwat easy to use I think (haven't checked others):
Clicking the [Options] button gives you that neat window. In the "Category" section (the part in the left side of the "neat window", not the [Connect] button) you go to Connect and fill in the blanks (I'm editing mine in order to keep what little anonimity I have left :) ).

You may have to add to the Servers (in the "Category" section) list. Click the [Add] button. Clicking that button will make appear another, smaller, window

There you fill the blanks. The desceription you can put whatever it is you want (I guess, can't really remember :P). The IRC Server you put in, as the name suggests, the name of the server. In this case You'll put in irc.irchighway.net. I have the Ports set as 6660-6669, dunno if it really works, but that's because I'm under a router, so I have to configure stuff up. Your case may vary, so I suggest you leave as it is (don't change anything in it). Click the [Add] button then click [Okay].

If mIRC doesn't try to connect automatically, click the [Connect] button. It will now connect to that server. In the Status window type /join #mirrormoon (for some reason, every chat room in IRC has a # before the name), press enter and you are there.

There are other chatrooms that need you to be recognized by the server, but that's another stuff. Just type /msg nickserv help if you are interested in knowing anything more about it. Hope this helps.

P.S: If I'm missing any info or i made a mistake, feel free to correct me.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess

Unread postby NonExistence » November 29th, 2008, 12:33 am

all right. now i have access to irc. thx to everyone's tips.

but it's really interesting. there's a huge number of people in, but no one says anything. they just sorta sit there.
NonExistence
Crack Addic!

Unread postby abscess » November 29th, 2008, 12:39 am

NonExistence wrote:all right. now i have access to irc. thx to everyone's tips.

but it's really interesting. there's a huge number of people in, but no one says anything. they just sorta sit there.

That's why I say there is not much movement. Probably they just leave it online. Done that myself.
abscess

Unread postby Atriel » November 29th, 2008, 5:50 am

mirror moon has irc...? <_< i'll try it out.
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby NonExistence » November 29th, 2008, 5:55 am

don't bother. no one's on. or they're all on but no one's paying attention to it.

EDIT: wait, nevermind. atriel is (or probably by the time anyone's reading this, was) on, and so am (was) I. whoops.
NonExistence
Crack Addic!

Unread postby ayadew » November 29th, 2008, 9:50 am

It's called "idling"
You're there idling, doing nothing, and if there's a conversation and you're at the computer you can join etc... there's no real rules about it

I always have my computer on, even if I'm not there, so I just leave irc on. People can contact me that way too.
ayadew
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby TheXev » November 29th, 2008, 11:05 pm

Trust me, when we talk.. its normally alot. Normally 6pm-12pm EST is the most active time....
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy

Unread postby NonExistence » November 30th, 2008, 4:50 am

... i saw. a lot. some of which would not be appropriate for this forum. now i understand why you guys all go on the irc.
NonExistence
Crack Addic!

Unread postby I1nk » December 1st, 2008, 5:03 am

I seem to missed out on all the talking. When I got there the room seemed to go quiet. I just got there too late I guess. Anyway the MIRC is normally kicking me off every few moments. Dose anyone have any recommendations on an IRC program? J/W.
"Night closed night, other night, night pain, night sink, is night/stay night."
I1nk
Crack Addic!

Unread postby ayadew » December 1st, 2008, 9:07 am

I1nk wrote:I seem to missed out on all the talking. When I got there the room seemed to go quiet. I just got there too late I guess. Anyway the MIRC is normally kicking me off every few moments. Dose anyone have any recommendations on an IRC program? J/W.

It's your connection
ayadew
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby drizzt_rocks » December 1st, 2008, 12:42 pm

IRC huh ... nah too complicated for me :P
And the cutest anime character award goes to ... PINO
drizzt_rocks
Crack Desu!

Return to General Chat