Parents, children and drugs.

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

Parents, children and drugs.

Unread postby Mkilbride » November 16th, 2008, 12:58 am

I usually don't give a crap about this kind of stuff, but I just have to vent abit.

Idiot Parent A, for example, is now out with his daughter buying meth, because "It hurts so much" and she can't wait for the meth clinic to open tomorrow or some shit, Idiot Parent A argued and argued, but caved due to Idiot Daughters whining and crying(A mistake I'm furious about)and just left to do this.

Now, you'll agree that parent is being an idiot, but oh oh, it gets even better.(This is previous to the incident above)

Idiot Parent A had to deal with her addictions MONTHS ago, when she supposedly quit when he found out(After he had payed her thousands of dollars of money he didn't have(Which she said she needed for LIVING costs, but was lying and buying meth)

So Idiot Parent A gets angry at her, and she sobs, and says she'll quit, so she goes to the meth clinic for a few weeks. She one day, crashes her car, beyond repair, because she "Felt all woozy because of the Meth Clinic"(Disregarding the fact you should NOT be driving after that...)

Now, she has no car...and she begs Idiot Parent A to buy her a car, Idiot Parent A is already in immense debt due to her previous addiction and can barely hold onto his home. For some reason, this Idiot gives into the Daughter, and buys(at the time, I thought, a used car, probably 1500-2500$ tops) and I can't help but thinking he's an idiot. Later, the car is revealed to be BRAND NEW and 13,000-14,000$ car, ontop of thousands of dollars of bills already, that keep getting higher with interest, further screwing Idiot Parent A to no ends. Observer B, that would be me, is disgusted.

Idiot Parent A tells her to move back in with him, because then he wouldn't have to worry about her rent(Which he ALSO PAID)

So she moves in with Idiot Parent A, eating food, taking money, and avoiding talking to him at all costs. She's supposed to pay 100$ a week, from her Wellfare cash(200$ a week from wellfare) She then complains to Idiot Parent A, about how he has no idea how hard she has it, and that he's always yelling at her.

Here's the facts about the Daughters life:

1. Living in a house with all the perks(Food, Water, Internet, Cable TV, you name it)

2. All of her bills are being paid for

3. She has a brand new freaking car.

4. She stays home all day or goes out with her friends, and all her so called "Interviews" are lies.

Daughter then brings over a guy friend for awhile, despite that she has a boyfriend already, so Idiot Parent A and Observer B, me, look disgusted at her somewhat. A week later, we find out this guy has a warrant out for his arrest, and is selling Heroine. Great. She complains to Idiot Parent A, about how he's not a bad guy and that Idiot Parent A is a jerk for talking bad about him.

Daughter then proceeds, for two months, not to pay rent. It appears she's spending it on the meth again, and that's what I talked about at the start of this, he is now out doing that for her. Great.

Idiot Parent A has screwed himself by helping his Daughter.

Daughter continues to think she is some sort of Victim and no one is helping her.

Observer B, that would be me, looks on in disgust and somewhat hatred.

Idiot Parent A is at fault, for only providing financial support, but not emotional support.

Daughter is at fault, for basically believing she is the only person who matters.

Boyfriend is at fault, for not doing anything.

Observer B is at fault, for not punching Idiot Parent A and telling him how to do it right.

Man, I really need something to hit, I'm really fed up with this, Idiot Parent A has screwed himself so hard, he'll loose his house, car, and everything, basically. His daughter will of learned nothing and only continue the cycle.

Man, Drugs suck alot more than movies make them out to be.

It also sucks to be the Observer.

Parental love over-rides sanity...sad, isn't it?
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby lolipedofin » November 16th, 2008, 1:54 am

Dude.... kick some sense into that idiot parent....
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby CSXLoser » November 16th, 2008, 2:31 am

wow...just wow...
CSXLoser
Addict

Unread postby abscess » November 16th, 2008, 3:08 am

Wooow....
I'm not really that surprised actually. I've heard and seen this story around one and a half times, the half is just that it isn't as screwed up as the first (or this one).

If this is a family matter (as in your family), then you got it quite hard. If you've got the balls and the need to kick some sense into "idiot parent A", then do so. You probably won't be thanked any time soon (if ever) but; hey, you did something. If "idiot parent A" (let's just call it daddy for short) gets the gist of the problem and tries to really fix the shit up, then they/you will be in the way of not being so fucked up.

Another way of (not) "fixing" the problem, but "effectively" getting rid of the source, is daddy finally getting mildly insane and kicking the daughter out to the streets, that's how one of the problems I heard of was "solved"... It's not the best option, but it is an option wether we like it or not.

At the rythm things go, as I understood it, daddy will be bankrupt in no time, so it is better to force the daughter into getting a job, sell the car and kick the "guy friend" out. Getting rid of cable TV and internet might be a good idea too, even though they are really useful, those are not really needed.

Now, if the daughter can't work because she is too high on some shit, perhaps rehab is a choice, but I dunno how much that costs. Another option, instead of getting her into rehab, is forcing her to go cold-turkey*; which will probably be one of the shittiest experience the family as a whole will have when seeing the daughter go into it, but it is said to be useful.

I just hope that isn't your family and you are actually an observer. While being an observer would have relieved you of some load, you could easily be ignored since "it's not your problem", or something like that they may say. At the end of the day, it's you will have to bear the consequences of what you decided. So just do what you think is worth a shot and right. Later mate.

*cold turkey definition: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_turkey
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Mkilbride » November 16th, 2008, 3:36 am

Cold Turkey, yes, I know if it, I even dared suggest it, and all I got was a "I know"

He mentioned it to the Daughter, she yelled, she screamed, he caved, I sighed.

Internet and Cable, yes, I can understand getting rid of those, and probably will.

She's totally being irrational, and that's one of the issues. I really wish the Idiot Parent A would kick out the daughter, but that'd probably add to his stress - See, he's a person who is "thoughtful of others" and as such, life isn't easy for him, and will be screwed.

Ontop of the daughter being irrational and high, getting a job is just laughable right now. Currently, places hiring are at their lowest in the US history. Infact, places have only been FIRING and not HIRING lately, so...yeah, bum luck.

Bascially, Idiot Parent A, is a nice guy, and as the saying goes "Nice guys finish last" but in this case, he probably won't finish at all.
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby abscess » November 16th, 2008, 5:01 am

So.... basically the daughter is taking advantage of daddy's nice-guy nature....

Well, maybe you already did this, but you could try putting it to him this way: In due time he will probably end up drowning himself in debts, add to that the job problems of your country and he can be fired any time (supposing he isn't self employed). Being indebted and without a source of cash, the daughter may end up selling her body for the next "fix" for the rest of her life (2 to 10 years maybe). In other words, not forcing her to get off drugs isn't as nice as locking her up somewhere until she passes the withdrawal symptoms. It's that or kicking her out. Either way, he can't do anything if he keeps with the "nice guy" stuff. No other possible solution comes to mind, at least not in the moment.

As for how I see the situation.... well, you are posting about this kind of problems in a forum about videogames... I think that says enough about the situation itself. Which kinda makes me wonder if this is a troll or not..... anyways, I'm sleepy, laters.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess

Unread postby Mkilbride » November 16th, 2008, 5:41 am

Eh, it's the general discussion section...

Yes, I realize what's going to happen, I just needed to really "vent" my frustrations with the situation, as I can't really do anything, as I've already discussed the debts and body issues before, but he just admits that he's being an idiot, so he's beyond help, I suppose.
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby abscess » November 16th, 2008, 6:21 pm

Mkilbride wrote:Eh, it's the general discussion section...

Well, I was talking about the main focus of the forum as a whole, which are visual novels, which are a kind of videogames; but yeah, this is the General chat...

Mkilbride wrote:Yes, I realize what's going to happen, I just needed to really "vent" my frustrations with the situation, as I can't really do anything, as I've already discussed the debts and body issues before, but he just admits that he's being an idiot, so he's beyond help, I suppose.

Yeah, sometimes that happens. It's been more than once where I'm in the recieving end of the vent anyways :P
Hope it helped for something.
abscess

Unread postby Mkilbride » November 16th, 2008, 8:58 pm

Yeah, it helps me just get it out, cause I can't really find anyone to just randomly bring it up to in real life. The Anon of the internet, isn't it grand?

So now Idiot Parent A has told me, that his desk was raided, and his Class Ring, wedding ring, and some ring was stolen and sold by the daughter.

This one took him pretty hard, and he looks really serious now, so I'm hoping it's steeled his determination.

I had a good suggestion for him, she won't be able to keep that car, the bills are just far to much, you know? So bring it back to the car shop, stop paying right now, you can't get it back, but you don't have to pay more. Then, buy her a 600-800$ Used car, cause she'll actually be able to KEEP that, as it'll be payable.

I've also talked him into taking her Welfare check straight from her, so she doesn't get to use the money herself. She gets roughly 200$ a week, now if he got her a 800$ used car(Quite common in this area), she could pay it off within a month if it all went towards it. Lots of pressure off there.

I also talked to him about letting her loans default, it'll hurt her credit massively...but it's got to be done if there is any chance of anyone coming out of this.

Rehab is now not an option...

I never knew Rehab cost 10,000$? What the hell is this? People go there to get off a money sucking habit, and it requires 10,000$? At least here. Also, if she goes to rehab, she looses her Welfare, so that'll be 800$ a month gone. If Idiot Parent A takes the 800$ of her Welfare each month, and puts it towards her pills, he MAY be able to pull out of this one, with both of them doing well.

The main issue is the daughter is insane at this point and starts screaming and flipping out, so who knows how it'll go.
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby zweiterversuch » April 17th, 2009, 12:29 am

Sorry I am late!

so...
what did I miss?
http://visualnoveldai.com/
If you want to create your own visual novel go there!
Try it out, no compromise!
8 inches in a week!

btw Princess Tutu is still Awesome!!!
zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby Message » April 17th, 2009, 4:40 am

zweiterversuch, stop reviving ancient threads pointlessly. First and only warning.

Return to General Chat