Left 4 Dead

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

Left 4 Dead

Unread postby Mkilbride » November 13th, 2008, 10:26 am

I've been looking at this game since I heard about it, ALWAYS planned to buy it, I mean it's Valve, it's ZOMBIES!, WHAT'S NOT TO LIKE!

So the demo is out, as some may know...

I figured I'd try it, even though I really wanted to wait until gold...

HOLY MOTHER EFFING OF EVERYTHING AWESOME. I did not KNOW you could make a game like this, it's so intense, yet scary, and the atmosphere is awesome, every character has some aspect to like, the weapons feel powerful and everything just feels so intense.

I completed the demo level and my adrenaline is pumping SO MUCH, I now want to buy it even more!

The teamwork - Really, most games can't FORCE TEAMWORK, as it never works, people find a way to solo - NOT IN THIS, Teamwork is CRUCIAL. You cannot, in any shape or form, complete any objective, solo. You also feel cool helping your allies, as stats whores love Achievements, and yep - this is part of it, helping others.

Seeing a tongue dash out and grab a teammate and start pulling them away, shooting the tongue, them falling and getting up, is so epic.

A teammate being crippled in the legs, on the ground, waiting for you to patch them up, can hold out their pistols and shoot off the incoming waves, it's SO EPIC.

Pistols have unlimited Ammo, Medkits can only be used once and heal about 50HP. First slot weapons have alot of ammo, but can run out easily. Grenades in this are so worthwhile, you CANNOT MISUSE THEM, some parts infact REQUIRE THEM. Motolv Cocktails can set areas on fire and form a barrier between you and zombies, buwhaha.

Also, when like 500 zombies, come charging at four people - Haha...oh man...lmao, I WAS LIKE "WE CAN'T FIGHT THAT!" ...and somehow we did. 500 Zombies. Proper team work and good accuracy allowed us to do it, it was SO FREAKING AMAZING. They also had ambiance like most games DREAM to have. I really felt totally immersed.

I've got to say - TRY the demo, or just buy it, if you're a fan of FPS's or Survival Horror, you SIMPLY CANNOT PASS THIS GAME UP. I loved Zombie Panic and Brain Bread, but this is BrainBread on Steroids x10.

Zombies climb, jump, run, there is no spot you can just "hide"

Friendly fire is enabled and I saw no way to disable it. - You can kill your allies, so you have to shoot carefully, It adds to the factor as you have to stop and aim to shoot a zombie off a friend, but them blamo, 10 zombies attack your side and now yer the one who might die.

The monsters and bosses are so epic, I can hardly believe it's as GOOD AS IT IS. I was expecting a game I'd just play and like for a few hours, you know, but NO, this game IS SO AMAZING. Also, the "Versus" mode, is basically like the mod Zombie Master, you spawn Zombies, you can even spawn certain types of music, or scary effects, you can create the whole story if you want, describing what weapons you want, barricades or no barricades, even a narrator mode. It's pretty damn sweet, it's way better than I expected. I usually HATE fast pace games like Quake, because I feel it's just a mindless gore fest. The blood, the action, the INTENSITY in this. It's like playing all the old(Pre-RE4)RE's online, cutscenes included.
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby CSXLoser » November 13th, 2008, 9:57 pm

yea cant wait to get my hands on this game. I didnt even play the demo yet but i might as well wait to purchase the full game now
CSXLoser
Addict

Unread postby Mkilbride » November 13th, 2008, 11:27 pm

I just replayed it on "Expert" difficulty, the highest setting.

It's not even fair at this point...lol

Bombs are more frequent, makes you think "Oh, it'll be easy, we've each got one now"

Har har har.

First room of 100 zombies cleared(Normally, you'd then run out of the first place) So we jump down into the pit place. 200 zombies come, WHAT THE FUDGE! /deathwithinminutesofstarting.

I cannot see how even the BEST players could possibly win. They come in such masses, they run 2-3x faster than you, and can almost one shot you. You'd need headsets and some people with the best aim ever to really do it.

We lowered it to "Advanced", and were able to proceed though. Still, really, really hard. Everytime the map re-started, new events happened though, so it all seemed fresh.

Oh man, lol, the worst of them all is when you enter an empty room and see a switch - It's about to go to hell from there...died on that one alot. They place a Mini-gun in the room, but hah, it's useless. If you go to use it, a hole opens up behind it, where about 50 zombies will pour out every 10-15 seconds. So you need people watching yer back and what not.
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby ayadew » November 14th, 2008, 9:50 am

On Expert you have to be a damn expert =( It's insane
We're (3 ppl) trying to alternate reload times at some points, coordinating when people should melee stuff while the other people reloads etc
Don't forget to crouch in front of people in narrow places so they can shoot stuff over your head

We got so far as the minigun room too, owned by the hole every time =D
The instant I tear off your limbs, rip open your chest and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you ask for mercy, chewing through your eyes and spreading your brains on the ground like butter-------!
ayadew
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Mkilbride » November 14th, 2008, 10:14 am

Yeah, I was just playing Expert a few minutes ago...

Friendly fire can make it such a chore sometimes. I can imagine, if you could turn Player names off...oh my god, the horror lol!

The comments made by the characters are so funny, they really put me in the mood sometimes.

Expert is just like...you know the Computers cheating mode lol. It's like playing against someone with an Aimbot, wallhack ect.

Also - Think of waiting in an area for your friends to respawn? Oh sure, that'd be fine and dandy...except if you stay in a single spot for 30 seconds, USUALLY the computer will spawn massive hordes to fly at you, to your death.

What's ALSO cool is the "AFK" feature.

IF any player does no input for about a minute or so, the computer will control them, move, shoot, heal, ect. It's quite nice, cause this is a game where "AFKING" can totally fuck you, so when I had to, I was so like "SORRY GUYS!"

And I came back, 3-5 minutes later....and saw my character doing everything automatically, and I just clicked and it allowed me to start doing it manually again. Pretty sweet. Also, if any player leaves, a bot automatically fills in, until someone else joins, it's a pretty good feature.
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby AddleBoy » November 14th, 2008, 4:36 pm

I just downloaded the demo of this last night. I only got to play it for 16 minutes because it was 3 in the morning and I had class in a few hours, but I thoroughly enjoyed those sixteen minutes.

It's pretty intense. Especially when you accidentally make a car alarm go off and are ambushed by hundreds of zombies from all directions.
Then you realize... That there is no loli. And it's not the loli you're molesting, it's yourself.
AddleBoy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Mkilbride » November 14th, 2008, 6:01 pm

I once set off the Alarm, only because things were going to smoothly and easy. Fun times really. The safe room is really close to it, anyways.

I can't wait to see how awesome custom content for it is going to be...this being Valve and all.
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby WiredWanderer » November 15th, 2008, 4:43 pm

Yeah, That game is insane. Me and two other friends have managed to beat expert twice now. But it was really difficult. The Tank Zombie Heros are so overpowerd though... With upgraded weapons and Molotovs, it is still an almost guaranteed party wipe. And I saw someone posting about the hole in the minigun room, what usually works for me is throwing a Molotov onto/into it right after you hit the door switch.
WiredWanderer
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Mkilbride » November 15th, 2008, 6:14 pm

Yeah, the grenades in this game help SO MUCH.

Tanks on Expert Mode...I've died so many times, and so has my party...almost IMPOSSIBLE.

In alot of games, Grenades are only for fun / nearly useless.

In some parts of this game, they're required.

It is so damn intense...it's more intense than Quake or any of those types of games.
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby ayadew » November 16th, 2008, 5:21 pm

Mkilbride wrote:
It is so damn intense...it's more intense than Quake or any of those types of games.

Yeah, youre constantly paranoid

I agree with the Tank being imba, luckily you mostly meet him alone. Met him in a zombie wave once - wipe. (this is expert)
The instant I tear off your limbs, rip open your chest and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you ask for mercy, chewing through your eyes and spreading your brains on the ground like butter-------!
ayadew
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby nanaya_shinya » November 16th, 2008, 5:25 pm

I sure hope my PC can handle this!

I'm downloading the demo right now...

edit: looks at minimum requirements

OH NOES! I have to upgrade my PC first! lol
!すでのな
nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!

Location: Ahnenerbe Cafe, Beast's Lair branch, lurking the KanColle threads.

Unread postby Mkilbride » November 16th, 2008, 8:50 pm

It's requirements are only a little bit higher than Half-Life 2.

It also is hard to notice a FPS drop in it, you'll be moving so fast, it dripped to 46FPS and I had a hard time noticing.
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Mkilbride » November 18th, 2008, 8:15 am

Game was finally released today. Can't wait to see how the real thing is.

My issue is, I've got no cash. Haha.

Anyone wanna Paypal me 50$?

Guess not. :D
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby gunwarrior » November 20th, 2008, 8:53 am

Jeez I need to get this game, played the demo on the 360. I'm a monster with duel pistols. I can empty the 30 round clips in 6 seconds. :D
Also hunting rifle ftw
gunwarrior
Addict

Unread postby Mkilbride » November 20th, 2008, 7:57 pm

6 seconds? Lol, about 3 here. Those things empty to quick, why you got infinite ammo. Yeah, I still need to grab i. :P
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Return to General Chat