Learning Japanese

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby Tsubasa » November 17th, 2008, 2:47 pm

Those are so far and few in between though.
It seems as though only those that contradict existence are allowed to call themselves heroes.
血潮は鉄で 心は硝子。
Tsubasa
Addict

Unread postby abscess » November 17th, 2008, 9:59 pm

Hmm... I still think that hiragana is easier than katakana....
What is curious is that some kanas from katakana appear as pieces of kanjis :P
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby zweiterversuch » November 17th, 2008, 10:03 pm

abscess wrote:Hmm... I still think that hiragana is easier than katakana....
What is curious is that some kanas from katakana appear as pieces of kanjis :P

Well that is true. That is because .....OH MY GOD 1025 POSTS!?
http://visualnoveldai.com/
If you want to create your own visual novel go there!
Try it out, no compromise!
8 inches in a week!

btw Princess Tutu is still Awesome!!!
zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby abscess » November 17th, 2008, 10:11 pm

zweiterversuch wrote:Well that is true. That is because .....OH MY GOD 1025 POSTS!?

Hahaha. Yeah and, unlike you, I'm still very much alive! *points at Zwei's title*
Anyway. I started with some kanjis... only 4 for now... and I can say that, at this moment, the weirdest I've encountered is the shinkansen one. 3 kanjis with quite a good number of strokes each... I wonder how is it that people manage to learn over a 1000 of those doodles...
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby NonExistence » November 18th, 2008, 2:55 am

how you do it is you live immersed in it. spend the first, oh, 6-9 years of your life in japan, and it's down.

this is why chinese is easier to learn.
Whenever I go on, everyone leaves the Tsukihime forums. 'Cause I just fail like that.
NonExistence
Crack Addic!

Location: The Strong and Free Giant Block of Ice in the True North

Unread postby Tsubasa » November 19th, 2008, 7:25 am

NonExistence wrote:how you do it is you live immersed in it. spend the first, oh, 6-9 years of your life in japan, and it's down.

this is why chinese is easier to learn.

That is a statement beyond false, Chinese is hard as hell to learn, because you have a uncountable amount of dialects. Mandarin and Cantonese are the 2 main ones but every place changes those two main dialects to their own.

@abscess: it's easy to learn kanji you'd use everyday, such as places you'd go, man and woman, numbers and such.

That and those are the ones you should start with :D.
人 女の人 男の人 一 二 三 四 五 七 八 九 十 好き You know simple stuff like this :D.
It seems as though only those that contradict existence are allowed to call themselves heroes.
血潮は鉄で 心は硝子。
Tsubasa
Addict

Unread postby NonExistence » November 20th, 2008, 5:46 am

not the verbal part. the verbal part is absolute crap. i was born into it and i still can't understand non-perfect mando. i'm talking about the written. the written's easy to learn.
Whenever I go on, everyone leaves the Tsukihime forums. 'Cause I just fail like that.
NonExistence
Crack Addic!

Location: The Strong and Free Giant Block of Ice in the True North

Unread postby nanaya_shinya » November 20th, 2008, 6:46 am

NonExistence wrote:not the verbal part. the verbal part is absolute crap. i was born into it and i still can't understand non-perfect mando. i'm talking about the written. the written's easy to learn.

True, though there are some words that I can use when talking with my friends that I can't use when writing/chatting to them.
!すでのな
nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!

Location: Ahnenerbe Cafe, Beast's Lair branch, lurking the KanColle threads.

Previous

Return to General Chat