Learning Japanese

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

Tsubasa
Addict

Unread post by Tsubasa » November 17th, 2008, 2:47 pm

Those are so far and few in between though.
It seems as though only those that contradict existence are allowed to call themselves heroes.
血潮は鉄で 心は硝子。

abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread post by abscess » November 17th, 2008, 9:59 pm

Hmm... I still think that hiragana is easier than katakana....
What is curious is that some kanas from katakana appear as pieces of kanjis :P
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.

zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread post by zweiterversuch » November 17th, 2008, 10:03 pm

abscess wrote:Hmm... I still think that hiragana is easier than katakana....
What is curious is that some kanas from katakana appear as pieces of kanjis :P

Well that is true. That is because .....OH MY GOD 1025 POSTS!?
http://visualnoveldai.com/
If you want to create your own visual novel go there!
Try it out, no compromise!
8 inches in a week!

btw Princess Tutu is still Awesome!!!

abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread post by abscess » November 17th, 2008, 10:11 pm

zweiterversuch wrote: Well that is true. That is because .....OH MY GOD 1025 POSTS!?
Hahaha. Yeah and, unlike you, I'm still very much alive! *points at Zwei's title*
Anyway. I started with some kanjis... only 4 for now... and I can say that, at this moment, the weirdest I've encountered is the shinkansen one. 3 kanjis with quite a good number of strokes each... I wonder how is it that people manage to learn over a 1000 of those doodles...
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.

NonExistence
Crack Addic!
Location: The Strong and Free Giant Block of Ice in the True North

Unread post by NonExistence » November 18th, 2008, 2:55 am

how you do it is you live immersed in it. spend the first, oh, 6-9 years of your life in japan, and it's down.

this is why chinese is easier to learn.
Whenever I go on, everyone leaves the Tsukihime forums. 'Cause I just fail like that.

Tsubasa
Addict

Unread post by Tsubasa » November 19th, 2008, 7:25 am

NonExistence wrote:how you do it is you live immersed in it. spend the first, oh, 6-9 years of your life in japan, and it's down.

this is why chinese is easier to learn.
That is a statement beyond false, Chinese is hard as hell to learn, because you have a uncountable amount of dialects. Mandarin and Cantonese are the 2 main ones but every place changes those two main dialects to their own.

@abscess: it's easy to learn kanji you'd use everyday, such as places you'd go, man and woman, numbers and such.

That and those are the ones you should start with :D.
人 女の人 男の人 一 二 三 四 五 七 八 九 十 好き You know simple stuff like this :D.
It seems as though only those that contradict existence are allowed to call themselves heroes.
血潮は鉄で 心は硝子。

NonExistence
Crack Addic!
Location: The Strong and Free Giant Block of Ice in the True North

Unread post by NonExistence » November 20th, 2008, 5:46 am

not the verbal part. the verbal part is absolute crap. i was born into it and i still can't understand non-perfect mando. i'm talking about the written. the written's easy to learn.
Whenever I go on, everyone leaves the Tsukihime forums. 'Cause I just fail like that.

nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!
Location: Ahnenerbe Cafe, Beast's Lair branch, lurking the KanColle threads.

Unread post by nanaya_shinya » November 20th, 2008, 6:46 am

NonExistence wrote:not the verbal part. the verbal part is absolute crap. i was born into it and i still can't understand non-perfect mando. i'm talking about the written. the written's easy to learn.
True, though there are some words that I can use when talking with my friends that I can't use when writing/chatting to them.
!すでのな