Parties - Hate em or love em?

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby Superflonic » November 3rd, 2008, 6:13 am

lolipedofin wrote:You mean this thread started by Ida?? What's wrong with that thread?? there was some good discussion there....

I am glad you see it that way. most smokers feel attacked when confronted with the fact that smoking is indeed a bad habit.
And that was a good thread, yeah, I thought I posted in it somewhere, but that's a long time ago.

Mkilbride wrote:Yeah, the girls to man, I'm so disappointed. When I look around and I talk to a girl I know and she tells me some guy just had his tongue down her throat and feeling her all over and she says she has no idea who he was and she's just laughing...I don't like my friends like that, so I really drift away from people like that. I know someone may consider me prude, but I still consider sex / kissing / intimacy of the body to be something cherished.

This again.
When girls/people in general talk to me about parties, and the weird stuff that happens over there (getting dr0kn, being felt up, etc...) I just feel disgust towards them. I mean, your body is your body, and if you like being jailbait, that's fine. If you like being felt up by complete strangers, what the hell, be my guest. But don't come whining to me about what happened that you didn't like.
(Wouldn't be the first time, actually).
Candlejack, I wonder what hap
Superflonic
Crack Desu!

Unread postby lolipedofin » November 3rd, 2008, 7:23 am

Superflonic wrote:
lolipedofin wrote:You mean this thread started by Ida?? What's wrong with that thread?? there was some good discussion there....

I am glad you see it that way. most smokers feel attacked when confronted with the fact that smoking is indeed a bad habit.
And that was a good thread, yeah, I thought I posted in it somewhere, but that's a long time ago.

Nah... I'm aware that smoking is never a good thing... If not because of problems that happened around me 3-4 years ago, I may never even try smoking. In fact i have never recommend or convince any of my friend who is not smoking to start. Last week a close friend of mine start smoking, same story, just like me, he had problem and he said when he saw people (including me) smoke, he said that it is as our stress is exhaled with every puff... So he decided to have a go... his first stick came from me, after he insist on trying it... Well, I warned him enough, and i was also felt kinda sad and guilty when i see he smokes.

I'm considering quitting, but maybe not in the near future, why? not enough resolution and conviction... but i do know that i can't keep smoking forever.

Superflonic wrote:This again.
When girls/people in general talk to me about parties, and the weird stuff that happens over there (getting dr0kn, being felt up, etc...) I just feel disgust towards them. I mean, your body is your body, and if you like being jailbait, that's fine. If you like being felt up by complete strangers, what the hell, be my guest. But don't come whining to me about what happened that you didn't like.
(Wouldn't be the first time, actually).
Cannot agree more....
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby DevilKingBaal » November 3rd, 2008, 7:28 am

Meh
DevilKingBaal
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Thalnos » November 3rd, 2008, 8:16 am

I've been laying off of the tok lately after I had a very poor experiance. Won't go into details. Acid, on the other hand, is magnificent, but only a few times per year.
"We have been the cowards lobbing cruise missiles from 2,000 miles away. That's cowardly. Staying in the airplane when it hits the building, say what you want about it, it's not cowardly." - Bill Maher
Thalnos
Crack Addic!

Unread postby nanaya_shinya » November 3rd, 2008, 9:48 am

I don't like parties but I don't hate them either. I always hang out on a corner drinking something anyway...
!すでのな
nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!

Location: Ahnenerbe Cafe, Beast's Lair branch, lurking the KanColle threads.

Unread postby inferno_flamex » November 3rd, 2008, 2:23 pm

I think this 'Party' topic... is too.... General i think..
I mean... It depends on what kind of party you're talking about right?

Ohkay.. So maybe all you guys been through is those 'drunk' parties.. But remember.. That there are smaller parties...

For example.. About 2 years back... My school Kendo club had a party with the Japanese Culture Club (honestly? they should name it the Japanese Students club.. Since most of them were JAPANESE)... It was kinda like a get together between the two clubs that had their same routes or something i guess...

Anyway.. It was not all that bad!
In fact.. I think i thoroughly ENJOYED myself!

Looking back at it.. I remember myself having fun mixing with the Japanese ppls...
There were Sushi, japanese music (JPOP tho..), sake...

Ohoo~~~ And the most memorable experience for me is being served sake by the female members of the Kendo club AND the Japanese Culcure Club...
It was like a whole theme going on, everyone was either in their Kendo armor or wearing some sort of kimono.

How could you NOT enjoy yourself during something like that?!

~~~~

oh and loli.. Quit smoking already...

I AM PROUD THAT I DID...
Its been 4 whole YEARS babeh!~

Although i do admit that i STILL have the urge to smoke when i see someone i know smoke in front of me... I have no idea why.. I just do... Even tho i know i will feel giddy and hot after afew puffs...

Hint: try to find something that ALSO makes you have an addiction.. And use that substitute every time you feel like smoking.. In my case it was that nose-block inhaler thing... Hmmph.. It has a menthol kinda thing.. so its not that much difference for me... But HEY.. Its much safer and cost effective than smoking right? I mean.. Heck.. I can even 'sniff' IN SCHOOL!! XDDDD
"When a petanko hugs you, she's hugging closer to her heart"...
~:~:~
"There is no greater love, between a boy and his pillow"
~:~:~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_FT_c3IiQ
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby nanaya_shinya » November 3rd, 2008, 2:47 pm

inferno_flamex wrote:I think this 'Party' topic... is too.... General i think..
I mean... It depends on what kind of party you're talking about right?

Ohkay.. So maybe all you guys been through is those 'drunk' parties.. But remember.. That there are smaller parties...

Yeah, but in almost every party I attend at (whether it be a drinking, celebration, or any other type of parties) I always find myself in a corner and drinking something. That is unless some cute girl approach and chat with me.
!すでのな
nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!

Location: Ahnenerbe Cafe, Beast's Lair branch, lurking the KanColle threads.

Unread postby abscess » November 3rd, 2008, 5:40 pm

*phew*
I agree that this party topic is very general, but that's cool, we can say what parties we hav attended to.

I'm not the "party hard" type of guy, but when I do drink I think I do it heavily, I mean, I can drink a glass with around 600ml of beer (more or less...?) in less than 15 seconds (yeah, it's not a great feat, I know, but most of my pals can't/don't do it). The strange thing is that I don't feel all "giddy" or anything, I can still talk and walk straight, even do the 4 figure without any additional problem. I did get a hangover once.... shit that really taught me to never drink like that ever again.... But the drinking parties are starting to bore me now.... nothing much happens there... there are a lot of times where I enjoy more staying home doing anything than going to "parties". Perhaps the basement dweller label can stick to me, except I don't really have a basement so I can't dwell there :P

I don't smoke and don't plan to do it, have been offered a lot of times and have been tempted with some interesting stuff from time to time but nah, smoking just isn't my thing.

As for drugs.... well, I did partially smoke a joint once. It wasn't anything special really... I can't really say what do people see in it, because... well I just didn't get anything from it. Supposing that I did have some "marvelous magical and trippy experience" where I saw some sort of personification of something, I doubt I'd stick to it, I love my neurons too much :P

I do suggest to loli to do try to stop smoking. A friend had the "brilliant" idea of running to where we had to go because we were getting out of time and he started coughing really bad... aaaah, what an idiot.... and I do tell him from time to time try to stop smoking and his "smarty" comeback is "I don't do it as often as you think"...... :roll: It doesn't mater if he does it or not, if he gets that screwed he can't handle it....
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Thalnos » November 3rd, 2008, 7:14 pm

Oh yeah, I'm going to have to agree with inferno on this, too. Party is too vague. I go to what many think of as stereotypical house parties, but I also go to Risk parties with my friends. Where we play Risk and eat cookies and just have a great time.
"We have been the cowards lobbing cruise missiles from 2,000 miles away. That's cowardly. Staying in the airplane when it hits the building, say what you want about it, it's not cowardly." - Bill Maher
Thalnos
Crack Addic!

Unread postby drizzt_rocks » November 3rd, 2008, 10:08 pm

Heh yeah party is too vaue since family gatherings can be included in them as well. And none of my family members, smoke, drink or anything :P

I am actually a step further than them tho. I am a vegetarian and I don't even drink tea or coffee XD

So yea generally parties are not for me. Since I ain't cool enough for them :P
And the cutest anime character award goes to ... PINO
drizzt_rocks
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Atriel » November 4th, 2008, 1:21 am

What...? No meat? How can you live?!?!

If you really mean any kind of parties, it doesn't really matter. Those same guys that were throwing up after smoking weed and drinking vodka call me to go play Mario Party the next day. :lol:

@Thalnos: Now that you mention it, they did say that the one they had then wasn't too good. Maybe it WAS shit.
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Previous

Return to General Chat