Parties - Hate em or love em?

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

Parties - Hate em or love em?

Unread postby Mkilbride » November 2nd, 2008, 4:17 am

Personally, I hate them. I find the music often bad, food horrible, and the general atmosphere is awful. I don't drink or do any type of drug, so they usually end up being so boring I can't stand it.

My sister was throwing a Halloween party, and I recently heard lots of shouts, and I looked in on her party and I heard a few girls crying and saw like 10 guys, and three of them had black eyes, and the shouting kept getting loader. Man, this is another reason I hate parties. People get drunk and do stupid shit.
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby I1nk » November 2nd, 2008, 4:30 am

Well I don't really like parties neither. I just get nervous when there is so many people there. SO I tru to stay away from them, but if I do go to one I normally don't talk too much. Well that's just me though.
I1nk
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Atriel » November 2nd, 2008, 6:04 am

I hate mobs. I hate cool kids, which are the ones that normally throw parties. I hate the shitty music that i know will be there. I hate the loads of gossiping, bullshitting and what not that are bound to be there.

So yeah, i love tEh partiEs!!1!1!!!!
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby lolipedofin » November 2nd, 2008, 6:29 am

Well... I don't think throwing a party is a common thing or part of our culture (Indonesian)... As in the party in house.... But i do like to go out to a night club once in a while, get some drink and getting a little high, chat with friends, girls, and if lucky get to make out with a girl (when i'm not with my sister)... I hate how it blew my wallet though, the hangover, rash, and slight fever i got in the morning... I never get drunk, I got pretty good alcohol tolerance, but what sucks is I'm allergic to it.
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Superflonic » November 2nd, 2008, 6:44 am

I never go to parties. At all.
It's not that I am not sociable, I can get around pretty well.
It's just that I don't like seeing my friends being high or getting drunk all the time, since that's their view on 'a great party'.
I don't want to have my image destroyed from my friends just by some stupid party.

Too bad everyone smokes nowadays, I can say, without a doubt, I am the only one in my class, along with one other person, that doesn't smoke, and has never smoked.
Candlejack, I wonder what hap
Superflonic
Crack Desu!

Unread postby drizzt_rocks » November 2nd, 2008, 8:10 am

Superflonic wrote:I never go to parties. At all.
It's not that I am not sociable, I can get around pretty well.
It's just that I don't like seeing my friends being high or getting drunk all the time, since that's their view on 'a great party'.
I don't want to have my image destroyed from my friends just by some stupid party.

Too bad everyone smokes nowadays, I can say, without a doubt, I am the only one in my class, along with one other person, that doesn't smoke, and has never smoked.

^ This

*High fives Superflonic*
And the cutest anime character award goes to ... PINO
drizzt_rocks
Crack Desu!

Unread postby lolipedofin » November 2nd, 2008, 8:17 am

Hey...! What's wrong with smoking....???

D'oh, okay, i know... it's wrong and it's bad...I also thinking about quitting soon... when? as usual... tomorrow. :lol:

Your story about not wanting to see your friends in different lights are true though... my friend experience the same thing. Although not often, but he already went clubbing several times before, but this one night, was the first time for my friend to go clubbing with our old high school friends.

That night, when we're about to go back early, he saw one of his best friend back in high school, a girl... making out in the club... kissing, french kissing, sucking, her breast got groped, etc (you name it), by a guy we just met, a complete stranger... I could swear that his jaw was hanging when he saw that... and when we return to the car, all i could hear from his mouth were, "I never thought that she is that kind of girl..." lol.
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Superflonic » November 2nd, 2008, 8:21 am

lolipedofin wrote:Hey...! What's wrong with smoking....???

Well, I don't force people to stop smoking.
But I just wonder, why, in this day and age, while we know that smoking is bad for you and can eventually kill (can, not will), people still pick up the smoking habit.

I don't dislike people because they smoke, I just dislike the fact that people smoke as a whole.
Superflonic
Crack Desu!

Unread postby AlinSabel » November 2nd, 2008, 8:30 am

If someone wants to smoke, go ahead. Just don't fill my lungs with it, and kill me while they go and suck on their depressant.
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Re: Parties - Hate em or love em?

Unread postby ayadew » November 2nd, 2008, 9:44 am

Mkilbride wrote:Personally, I hate them. I find the music often bad, food horrible, and the general atmosphere is awful. I don't drink or do any type of drug, so they usually end up being so boring I can't stand it.

My sister was throwing a Halloween party, and I recently heard lots of shouts, and I looked in on her party and I heard a few girls crying and saw like 10 guys, and three of them had black eyes, and the shouting kept getting loader. Man, this is another reason I hate parties. People get drunk and do stupid shit.

I think you don't dislike parties [as in ALL parties], you dislike Mobs of unknown people which a party is a direct result of. Well, most people do this. I tend to just be with close circles of friends, I find no meaning in mindless destructive environments
The instant I tear off your limbs, rip open your chest and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you ask for mercy, chewing through your eyes and spreading your brains on the ground like butter-------!
ayadew
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby drizzt_rocks » November 2nd, 2008, 1:22 pm

AlinSabel wrote:If someone wants to smoke, go ahead. Just don't fill my lungs with it, and kill me while they go and suck on their depressant.

^ Again, this. I get so mad when people start smoking in front of me blowing their smoke all around. Seriously if you have to smoke just do it in private or around other smokers ... I aint anti smoking just saying its annoying having smoke all around you ...
And the cutest anime character award goes to ... PINO
drizzt_rocks
Crack Desu!

Unread postby furyoftheskies » November 2nd, 2008, 1:34 pm

For me I think it depends on the kind of party. I don't usually attend a party for social reasons. I attend it for the food.

That, and for some reason, whenever I go to a party where there are parents, they always talk to me. I have no clue why I'm popular with parents though X_X;
furyoftheskies
Might just like this board

Unread postby Mkilbride » November 2nd, 2008, 1:41 pm

I have Asmtha and Allergies. Smoke is bad enough for yer lungs, doesn't help it CLOSES MINE pretty hard. Yeah, see, people who smoke, for some reason or another, feel it is their duty to smoke in front of other people and blow it in their face. As a child my mother did this, knowing I'd get sick.(Probably why I'm biased)

Random mobs of people, yer right. I don't understand that party Dynamic though. I even go to family reunions and every one is drinking or smoking something and I just find myself terribly bored. Not always strangers, I know people at them alot of times, but still.

I dunno, I just see people standing around, gossiping, listening to ear-splitting music, and I hate it. They're drinking, which in turn allows them to act like idiots without shame.

My family likes to say I'm Antisocial, but hell, how fun it is it to be at a party where every one drinks and smokes, and you don't? NOT VERY FUN. I also don't plan to do EITHER of those, it seems parties mostly appeal to people who drink.
Last edited by Mkilbride on November 2nd, 2008, 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Superflonic » November 2nd, 2008, 3:03 pm

Mkilbride wrote:how fun it is it to be at a party where every one drinks and smokes, and you don't? NOT VERY FUN. I also don't plan to do EITHER of those, it seems parties mostly appear to people who drink.

^now it's my turn to say this.
Also one of the reasons why I don't go to parties.
Superflonic
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Thalnos » November 2nd, 2008, 4:06 pm

Eh, parties are alright. Honestly I can't really comment, because I'm 99% of the time in the basement either smokin' a tok, tripping balls, or fucking a drunk bitch.

Although I have to wonder what innocent kids do at parties. I mean, if there weren't drugs or bitches to fuck, I KNOW I wouldn't go to that shit. Boring as hell. But eh, that's just me.

But shit, if I was an asshole, I'd call all of you guys losers. But I'm not, and you all aren't losers. Honestly all the "cool" kids that go to these things just to get some beer before they're 21 are fucking idiots. In fact 99% of the people that regularly go to parties just fail at life and are trying to run away from their problems with either alcohol or sex. It is honestly REALLY sad to look at. And then there's the morning after. I wake up, after having a nice rest in the basement, no hang over (I despise alcohol), no back pain (I'm used to sleeping on the floor, and luckily most of the houses have rugs on the floor), and then go up to make my exit.

What do I see? A bunch of vomit everywhere, people moaning, bitching about their hang overs, girls freaking out because they realize that either A) they're sluts, B) they're sluts, or C) they got raped, more vomit, shit load of trash....I think you got the point. It looks like hell. I just then shake my head and get in my car and make my exit.

I'll be damned if I ever let anyone do that to my house.
"We have been the cowards lobbing cruise missiles from 2,000 miles away. That's cowardly. Staying in the airplane when it hits the building, say what you want about it, it's not cowardly." - Bill Maher
Thalnos
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Atriel » November 2nd, 2008, 5:20 pm

Hahaha, i know what you mean.

The thing is that i know how pathethic my friends can be. One moment vomiting, the other one close to fainting. Vomiting again. And that's with only 5 people. If they were alone one could go, steal from them, rape them and get away with it because their dumb asses would have no idea what the hell just happened.

... You know, weed smells like shit. I hate it when they smoke that crap near me <_< I fucking hate smoking as a whole.

While i do drink once in a while (as in, 10 times a year), i'm not obsessed with some kind of superior "obligation" of getting drunk every single time i drink.

As Thalnos said, it's sad to look at them. I know what they are but i have no need to look at it.
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Thalnos » November 2nd, 2008, 5:34 pm

Hmmm, then the weed your friends do MUST be shit because the ganja I get smells nice and fresh. And luckily for me, most of the guys I hang out with at the parties have the same mentality. Although every now and then we get some prick "jock" type that comes down and tries to act all cool and shit, and tries to score some free shit. Ugh. Hate idiots like that.
"We have been the cowards lobbing cruise missiles from 2,000 miles away. That's cowardly. Staying in the airplane when it hits the building, say what you want about it, it's not cowardly." - Bill Maher
Thalnos
Crack Addic!

Unread postby -[J1N]- » November 3rd, 2008, 12:40 am

I like parties, only if experience is shared.

No, I'm kidding. I personally cbb going to parties because nothing much usually happens in the parties I go to. Well, I'm still relatively young, so I guess I have yet to experience a REAL party.

Does all this talk about smoking remind you guys about that other thread? :lol:
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
--Book of Revelation 13:18
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread postby lolipedofin » November 3rd, 2008, 2:31 am

You mean this thread started by Ida?? What's wrong with that thread?? there was some good discussion there....

lol'ed and agree with Thalnos... especially the girls reaction after waking up... well most girls i know that slept around, really are sluts... never really met any girl who slept just during parties and waking up regretting it.... mostly are just, "meh, got banged again"... lolol.

I'm opposite of you though... I like alcohol, but i never and not intending to start smoking weed, much less drugs... But i do smoke.
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Mkilbride » November 3rd, 2008, 3:02 am

Yeah, the girls to man, I'm so disappointed. When I look around and I talk to a girl I know and she tells me some guy just had his tongue down her throat and feeling her all over and she says she has no idea who he was and she's just laughing...I don't like my friends like that, so I really drift away from people like that. I know someone may consider me prude, but I still consider sex / kissing / intimacy of the body to be something cherished.
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Next

Return to General Chat