Long, beautiful hair~

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby Tash » October 30th, 2008, 11:13 am

Krescentwolf wrote:Image
That hairstyle isn't even possible.
Tash
Addict

Unread postby AlinSabel » October 30th, 2008, 11:18 am

Hmmm... that is correct. One cannot braid your hair like that, where it's loose and then suddenly tightly braided. You'd probably need an elastic band tightly bound at some point in your hair, and build the braid from there. But as depicted in the picture, there is no distinct stricture... Nor is it loose enough to just be a partial braid (which just isn't done).
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread postby KratosIrving » October 30th, 2008, 12:15 pm

Sepheriel wrote: LOL! The words on the glass behind her says "Unlimited Bread Works"!

Also, just a suggestion, share more of your Rider pictures in the TYPE-MOON image thread. Thanks!

Not only that, but there's a silouette of Archer with the words as well.

Also, that 3rd pic of them in lingerie...:oops: Although I do have to ask why Rider only has one heel on.
KratosIrving
<3 *rip* *splurt*

Unread postby kerogoth » October 30th, 2008, 12:17 pm

Wait, roll back, are actually discussing the reality of anime hairstyles?
kerogoth
Might just like this board

Unread postby AlinSabel » October 30th, 2008, 12:19 pm

Well, most anime hairstyles are achievable with plenty of hair spray and gel. But this one? Uh... no. Not unless you practically cemented it into shape. -_-;;
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Utsuho » October 30th, 2008, 12:32 pm

Rider's hair is never very realistic. If it were, she'd be tripping on it every ten seconds, getting it stuck in doors... et cetera.
Utsuho
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby AlinSabel » October 30th, 2008, 12:52 pm

If you move fast enough, it'll always stream out behind you. And if you're going through doors slow enough it might close on your hair, you'd be going slow enough it'd stay pretty close to you. :P
I'd just get pissed at how long it would take to wash it. -_-;;
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread postby kerogoth » October 30th, 2008, 2:08 pm

AlinSabel wrote:Well, most anime hairstyles are achievable with plenty of hair spray and gel. But this one? Uh... no. Not unless you practically cemented it into shape. -_-;;

Except that most of those hairstyles come to anime characters naturally. :p Besides, the impossibility of anime hairstyles already begins with naturally impossible haircolors.
kerogoth
Might just like this board

Unread postby Mkilbride » October 30th, 2008, 2:18 pm

Actually, there are some people born with blue or pink hair, I've read about it, it's a recessive gene and incredibly rare, so much so that most people will never see it in their life time.
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Zensunni » October 30th, 2008, 4:00 pm

That's a pretty wild claim, I don't think natural pink or blue hair exists. maybe shades of auburn and black that might look a little like that with the right illumination..
Zensunni
Addict

Unread postby Sepheriel » October 30th, 2008, 4:24 pm

Zensunni wrote:That's a pretty wild claim, I don't think natural pink or blue hair exists. maybe shades of auburn and black that might look a little like that with the right illumination..

Stop ruining my dream!!

Lol j/k Though being born with blue or pink hair, although odd, would be cool, and damn unique.
EKUSU---------KALIBAAAAAAAA!!
Sepheriel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby AlinSabel » October 30th, 2008, 10:24 pm

kerogoth wrote:
AlinSabel wrote:Well, most anime hairstyles are achievable with plenty of hair spray and gel. But this one? Uh... no. Not unless you practically cemented it into shape. -_-;;

Except that most of those hairstyles come to anime characters naturally. :p Besides, the impossibility of anime hairstyles already begins with naturally impossible haircolors.

Definitely, but at least it is physically possible through the use of chemical aids. This one? Not even so. :(
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread postby -[J1N]- » October 31st, 2008, 12:02 am

Who's played Eternal Sonata? Polka's hair style defines impossible hairstyle

No cement is flexible enough for that!
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
--Book of Revelation 13:18
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread postby abscess » October 31st, 2008, 12:11 am

-[J1N]- wrote:Who's played Eternal Sonata? Polka's hair style defines impossible hairstyle

No cement is flexible enough for that!

ZOMG! Delicious LOLI
............... I think that hanging around here a bit too much is starting to affect my mind....
But, yeah. Impossible hair is impossible. Rider's hair in that example isn't all that impossible, it could be hard, but probably achievable with an elastic band at the beginning of the braid, but I dunno if the "sponginess" of the upper/middle part of the hair would be mantained. I know that this Rider doesn't have an elastic band at the beginning of the braid, but hey... it's an anime-like picture, as you guys said, both girls have friggin impossible hair colors! (pink and purple).
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Uberoy » October 31st, 2008, 12:22 am

A topic for wierd hair?

Can this guy join?

He was born with that hair
But I shall forgive you. Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained.
Uberoy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Mkilbride » October 31st, 2008, 1:05 am

All hair here is possible without the use of anything other than hands! buwhaha.
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby AlinSabel » October 31st, 2008, 1:10 am

abscess wrote:But, yeah. Impossible hair is impossible. Rider's hair in that example isn't all that impossible, it could be hard, but probably achievable with an elastic band at the beginning of the braid, but I dunno if the "sponginess" of the upper/middle part of the hair would be mantained. I know that this Rider doesn't have an elastic band at the beginning of the braid, but hey... it's an anime-like picture, as you guys said, both girls have friggin impossible hair colors! (pink and purple).

Yeah, I mentioned that if she had something binding it so that you could build a braid midlength, there should be a sudden stricture, of which there is no evidence. :(
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Thalnos » October 31st, 2008, 2:36 am

That hair is definately possible. All you need to do is either use a band or scrunchi, or use a strand of hair as a sort of "rope" to keep the braid down. The latter is very hard to do and requires your hair to be layered. But it is possible.

Besides that, I have to say thanks for a new pic of my beloved Rider :oops:

Ah and out of curiosity, how long is everyone's hair? I'm fairly sure I have the longest hair here.
"We have been the cowards lobbing cruise missiles from 2,000 miles away. That's cowardly. Staying in the airplane when it hits the building, say what you want about it, it's not cowardly." - Bill Maher
Thalnos
Crack Addic!

Unread postby AlinSabel » October 31st, 2008, 2:44 am

Thalnos, then how can you explain the fact that there is no distinct stricture just above where the braid starts? We have stated something SIMILAR is possible, but...
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Sepheriel » October 31st, 2008, 6:30 am

Thalnos wrote:That hair is definately possible. All you need to do is either use a band or scrunchi, or use a strand of hair as a sort of "rope" to keep the braid down. The latter is very hard to do and requires your hair to be layered. But it is possible.

Besides that, I have to say thanks for a new pic of my beloved Rider :oops:

Ah and out of curiosity, how long is everyone's hair? I'm fairly sure I have the longest hair here.

Well, I think my hair is rather long for a guy. The back of my head my hair goes down to the bone at the top of my spine (the bone that protrudes a bit from you back near the base of your neck). Then it goes about an 1/2 inch to 1 inch pass my ears on both sides and my front/bangs go slightly past my nose in length, covering my left eye but right eye has no hair covering it, thanks to my part.
EKUSU---------KALIBAAAAAAAA!!
Sepheriel
Crack Desu!

Next

Return to General Chat