Anime Festival Asia '08 @Singapore

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

Anime Festival Asia '08 @Singapore

Unread postby lolipedofin » October 29th, 2008, 2:32 am

Anybody's coming??

It is said to be the biggest, 'real' anime festival ever to be held at South East Asia, and it will be held at Singapore. The stuffs on display will only be related to anime/manga/(probably)games and Japanese culture, no shitty extras that added just to attract wider audience. Bandai will be the principal sponsor, and they promise to release some goods that will only be exclusively sold in this event, including GunPla.

There will be plenty of goods on sale, from what i know, the name of the vendor/store/whatever is Akiba Town, and the merchandise sales will include GoodSmile, Kaiyodo, Kotobukiya, SquareEnix, etc. The website says there will be more to be announced, I'm still hoping for MaxFactory to join the list.

They also promised to invite big name guests star to the event, They are still in the middle of trying to bring those big names to the event. One thing for sure though... May'n, the one that voiced Sheryl Nome singing voice, is sure to attend the event. I'll come even if it's only to see her. ;p

So anyway, back to the original question, Anyone from the region coming?? I'm always pissed and gutted when i went to forums or blog where people talking about gathering in these kind of event in Japan or US... now finally there's a similar being held near me, there's no way I'm gonna miss it... Hopefully some of you South East Asian share the same sentiment with me... :D

I haven't talked to them yet, but i think i will try to force Raitei and Inferno_flamex to come with me to the event, I'll drag them if needed... And if anyone here is coming.. care to hang around and meet somewhere there??

Official Website
Event preview on DarkMirage's blog
May'n live performance preview on DarkMirage's blog
Last edited by lolipedofin on November 2nd, 2008, 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby inferno_flamex » October 29th, 2008, 11:26 am

IM IN!!! IM IN!!! IM IN!!!

Duuude... I totally FORGOT about this.... Honest... I mean... Seriously..
Really..

Dont worry.. you dont havta drag me up there... XDDDD

Someone better bring a digital camera! Coz i dont own one...

Im IN!... Im sooooooooo In...

EHEM...

For those that dont know.. Like raitei.. -_-''

This event is taking place in SINGAPORE....

@Loli.. Dude.. you should put this tiny bit of info on your first post as well... Also.. the DATE would be a good info as well...
I persoanally heard the thing is gonna be for 2 days...
"When a petanko hugs you, she's hugging closer to her heart"...
~:~:~
"There is no greater love, between a boy and his pillow"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_FT_c3IiQ
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby lolipedofin » November 2nd, 2008, 2:08 am

Oops.. Sowwy... that's quite a major info that i forgot to put up...

Anyway... Is there really no more person gonna come?? i thought there are more Singaporeans in this forums... or at least few of ,members from Indonesia, Philippines, or other south east asian countries will make time to come to this event. Anyway, if you can come, please do so... we'll have fun there...

Oh, one more thing?? is there anyone purchasing May'n VIP or Diamond VIP Tickets?? how about you inferno, if you're getting one? I'm thinking of getting one too, Though the price kinda cruel though for a mini concert. Btw, the Diamond VIP Tickets are sold out already... I somehow felt disappointed but relieved as well. disappointed because now i can't see May'n up close and joining the autograph session, relieved because now i don't have to contemplate on buying the ticket or not... I already blew my wallet for November to buy Russell Peters live show ticket.... XD
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby inferno_flamex » November 3rd, 2008, 11:44 am

lolipedofin wrote:Oops.. Sowwy... that's quite a major info that i forgot to put up...

Anyway... Is there really no more person gonna come?? i thought there are more Singaporeans in this forums... or at least few of ,members from Indonesia, Philippines, or other south east asian countries will make time to come to this event. Anyway, if you can come, please do so... we'll have fun there...

Oh, one more thing?? is there anyone purchasing May'n VIP or Diamond VIP Tickets?? how about you inferno, if you're getting one? I'm thinking of getting one too, Though the price kinda cruel though for a mini concert. Btw, the Diamond VIP Tickets are sold out already... I somehow felt disappointed but relieved as well. disappointed because now i can't see May'n up close and joining the autograph session, relieved because now i don't have to contemplate on buying the ticket or not... I already blew my wallet for November to buy Russell Peters live show ticket.... XD

Nope... Im not...
All of my funds are going to go to... BUYING STUFFS!!!

~Do you know? That at the previous comic/toy convention.. They sold FSN mini figurines for a friggin approx US$2.00?!
USD2.00!! FSN FIGURINE... The one that's about 10cm tall but cannot really move much, and it comes in a box that you cannot choose who's inside...

But WHO CARES!? Its only 2 UNITED STATES DOLLARS!...

So yes... Lesson learnt... Since i only bought about 5 US Dollars that day.......
Regret regret regret...

I only got Lancer with GB outstretch behind him where the background turns all red... And UBW Gil doing the.. thing.. with his fingers every time he summons his weapons from the vault...

Reeegggreeett...
REEEEGGGGRRREEEETTTTTTTTTT!!!

So yeah loli.. Gomen. But i've got my sights on some FSN figurines on that day...
And not to mention the GUNDAMS...
Im sure you understand...
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Aetheus » November 3rd, 2008, 11:58 am

Ah, dammit, to be so close, yet so far away. I live in Malaysia. which is the closest neighbour to Singapore ... Yet from Selangor (where I live) to Singapore is still a good few hours worth of driving, and I'm not up for a long journey right now. Pity, would have loved to drop in just to see the stuff they'd sell.
Aetheus
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby inferno_flamex » November 13th, 2008, 2:05 am

So.. Loli.. I kinda heard that Raitei would be coming as well...

And i hope you wont mind me bringing along a friend of mine.. He's actually an anime noob...
That being FSN is his FIRST and ONLY anime that he have watched so far (if you do not count in Final Fantasy VII)... And he's been bugging me with an anime to top FSN... Which i can personally say, is quite a task to be given...

Anyway...
Are you going for just one day? Or BOTH?

Im kinda interested in going for both... And getting there as early as possible on the first day to see what they have on sale... As they say; The early bird catches the worm...

Oh..
PS: When you meet up with me during the festival.. Remember to bring a bag. At least a small one... I have something to give both you and raitei...
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby nanaya_shinya » November 13th, 2008, 5:08 am

22-23 of November? Oh crud, I already had plans for that date. >_<
Last edited by nanaya_shinya on November 13th, 2008, 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
!すでのな
nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!

Location: Ahnenerbe Cafe, Beast's Lair branch, lurking the KanColle threads.

Unread postby lolipedofin » November 13th, 2008, 11:38 am

inferno_flamex wrote:So.. Loli.. I kinda heard that Raitei would be coming as well...

And i hope you wont mind me bringing along a friend of mine.. He's actually an anime noob...
That being FSN is his FIRST and ONLY anime that he have watched so far (if you do not count in Final Fantasy VII)... And he's been bugging me with an anime to top FSN... Which i can personally say, is quite a task to be given...

Anyway...
Are you going for just one day? Or BOTH?

Im kinda interested in going for both... And getting there as early as possible on the first day to see what they have on sale... As they say; The early bird catches the worm...

Oh..
PS: When you meet up with me during the festival.. Remember to bring a bag. At least a small one... I have something to give both you and raitei...

Better anime than F/SN?? A LOT!!! Bring a bag?? dude.. I'm gonna bring myself a huge backpack to stuffs all the thing i'm gonna buy there... should've signed up for the cosplay and get those free tickets, I'll enter as "otaku in Akihabara" style.. lolol.

Anyway, i've pre-registered already, and I'm gonna be there for both days... I think they're gonna have different event for those 2 days... still hoping for MaxFactory to take part in the event... I want their stuffs so much...
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby lolipedofin » November 16th, 2008, 6:27 am

Yay... MaxFactory has been confirmed as one of the line manufacturer whose products will be lined up in the event!! \^o^/

Though chances are slim, i hope Hatsune Miku's figma re-release will be one of the products offered, been anxiously waiting the release that yet to happen... I failed to get the pre-order, and seeing how high the demand is, even though it is released, chances are purchasing it without pre-ordering is improbable..

Also hope some old discontinued product will appear, there's some awesome figures that i missed but now finding myself badly want them...

Ohh.. the AFA '08 exclusives line-up has also been announced.. see here to check them out. Those Exia will definitely be on my "to purchase" list.
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby inferno_flamex » November 16th, 2008, 3:57 pm

@Loli...
Dude.. Bring a digital camera as well... Make sure its locked and loaded... Hehehehhh...

There will be specifically THREE cosplayers i'll be looking out for... though i doubt i would find all three of them...

Saber (FSN), Kasumi (DOA), Tifa (FFVII Game Ver.)

Gundam cosplayers are an exeption from the list.. There is no NEED to tell everyone that should they appear, im SOOOOOOO gonna need pics. Im talking about people cosplaying as the MS Gundams themselves, NOT the characters... XDDD

~~~~

Im looking forward to the gundams that they're gonna have on display.. Its said to be the biggest in Asia... I cant wait...

You know what is going to be the icing on the cake for me?
And this is only wishful thinking... As.. im ONLY WISHING...

Is IF they have a working Fate Unlimited/Codes ARCADE that's able to be played there...

I dont care if i havta pay to play.. I just wanna experience it as the people in Japan experienced it...

I mean... They could very well be there to promote the PS2 version as well...

Im kinda expecting a stage and a big assed TV screen... With the trailer playing and maybe alittle demo of the game... It could very well be a possibility!
Who knows right?

PS...
Heya Loli.
How long are you gonna stay at the Festival? I mean.. its a 2 day event.. I know.. And im going for 2 days as well.. But since we're gonna be there from 9, what time do you think we should retire eh? XDDD

Im thinking we can smuggle ourself a quick burger before we get in with that big bag of yours, before going in.. And have lunch while on the sidelines. while watching some Cloud Strife wannabes take the stage.. How's that? XDDDD
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Return to General Chat