Musical genres you listen to.

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

Musical genres you listen to.

Unread postby Superflonic » October 28th, 2008, 7:25 pm

Okay, yeah, every forum needs a musical thread.
So, what do you listen to a lot? I have been extremely fond of folkmetal.
It's just an extremely good fusion of two genres.

So, what do you listen to?
Candlejack, I wonder what hap
Superflonic
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Mkilbride » October 28th, 2008, 7:51 pm

I listen to whatever I like.

Personally, I think it's quite small minded of people to even label a type of music, or have a said preference.

I don't like Rap though, I just can't get into it, sounds like gibberish, and if I read what the Lyrics say, I dislike it even more!

Most types of music are ok for me, it depends on what my ears pick up, it's weird, I don't listen to the words usually at all, I listen to the beat of the music and if it makes me feel anything and if it does, I like a song. Infact, until High School, I actually didn't like music and rarely listened to it and many people thought I was so weird. My first song I actually liked was "In the End" by Linkin Park.
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Sepheriel » October 28th, 2008, 9:59 pm

Gackt, Kagrra, Girugamesh (Gilgamesh; coincidence? lol), D'espairs Ray, Orange Range, HIZAKI grace project, HIGH and MIGHTY COLOR, MUCC, Versailles, Youhna, IOSYS, dBu, and Moi dix Mois (their old stuff), Maximum the Hormone. Japanese rock/pop, instrumental stuff, anime soundtracks, video game soundtracks, classical stuff, etc. Within Temptation and Elvenking, Michael Buble, Josh Groban, Celldweller, Atreyu, Avenged Sevenfold, Kamelot, Nightwish, etc.
EKUSU---------KALIBAAAAAAAA!!
Sepheriel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Wiiown » October 28th, 2008, 11:38 pm

Mkilbride wrote:I listen to whatever I like.

Personally, I think it's quite small minded of people to even label a type of music, or have a said preference.

I don't like Rap though, I just can't get into it, sounds like gibberish, and if I read what the Lyrics say, I dislike it even more!

Most types of music are ok for me, it depends on what my ears pick up, it's weird, I don't listen to the words usually at all, I listen to the beat of the music and if it makes me feel anything and if it does, I like a song. Infact, until High School, I actually didn't like music and rarely listened to it and many people thought I was so weird. My first song I actually liked was "In the End" by Linkin Park.

I am exactly the same as this except for the Linkin Park part (listened to a couple of their songs because friends had it, never could like them), people thought I was strange when I said I didn't like music for the longest time. Of course it is a lot easier to like music in a foreign language simply because I can ignore the "message" of the song (which is no doubt retarded anyway) and listen to the tune.
Wiiown
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Rikh » October 28th, 2008, 11:53 pm

I LOVE rap. Its the absolute best form of music ever created
Eminem = Win
Ludacris owns
Jay-Z Remixes the wall up

i preferably like the song Lets Go! Heres a youtube
Beware it is really explicit, mature viewing only :)

After rap i prefer any form of classic rock, then i listen to anime sound tracks and etc... My favorite anime/jap music is by Kotoko
She pretty much mops the floor in my opinion
Uverworld rocks too

(edit)
Also if you guys have never heard of Michael Buble, you Must listen to him now!
he is such a good singer, remarkable to the point of absolute worship
"Everything" By Michael Buble is spectacular
Rikh
DESU DESU!

Unread postby that one guy » October 29th, 2008, 12:13 am

I will listen to anything. I mean it. The only form of music I think "Eh, I don't really want to listen to this" is country music, and most modern rap. Give me 'Pac or Biggie rapping about reality instead of Chingy or something telling me how great it is to be rich, then expect me to buy the whole "from the ghetto" persona they have.
that one guy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby I1nk » October 29th, 2008, 12:24 am

I am a huge fan of soundtracks and a classical music. (I don't get to listen to my music at work too much since no one there has the same likes of music as I do) Anyway I also like some Rock, but listen to mostly classical and soundtracks. (anime soundtracks Not movies)
I1nk
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Rikh » October 29th, 2008, 1:38 am

I1nk wrote:I am a huge fan of soundtracks and a classical music. (I don't get to listen to my music at work too much since no one there has the same likes of music as I do) Anyway I also like some Rock, but listen to mostly classical and soundtracks. (anime soundtracks Not movies)

the donnie darko soundtrack was amazing tho :wink:
Rikh
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Atriel » October 29th, 2008, 2:27 am

Instrumental.
Chorals/Voice Works.
Ambiental/Atmospheric.
Metal.
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby -[J1N]- » October 30th, 2008, 2:07 am

I also listen to any 'genre', but personally I prefer music related to Japan. My tastes for English music died off when R&B songs started sounding exactly the same to me (up to the point where I could hum to a song I've never heard before). Hmm, then again, I listen to most genres. R&B just ain't my thing.

I'm not saying its shit or anything, I'm just saying its not to my taste, so take what I just said as a personal opinion.

On another slightly related topic, what genre does the BGM in Persona 3 fall into? =O
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
--Book of Revelation 13:18
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Aetheus » November 3rd, 2008, 11:28 am

Country, Rock, instruments, J-pop - But that's jsut to name a few. There's not really one genre of music that I dislike, except rap, perhaps.
Aetheus
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby nanaya_shinya » November 3rd, 2008, 11:38 am

Whatever genre suits me at the time, I guess...
!すでのな
nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!

Location: Ahnenerbe Cafe, Beast's Lair branch, lurking the KanColle threads.

Unread postby Duketsu » November 3rd, 2008, 5:25 pm

Last edited by Duketsu on November 10th, 2015, 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Duketsu
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby abscess » November 3rd, 2008, 5:49 pm

Genres... Well, I think.... soundtracks?.... I dunno
I mostly listen to rock (well, almost everybody does), ska, reggae (I have a soft spot for it for some reason, even though I suck at dancing :P), hmmm.... well classical from time to time, but I've been hearing a lot of piano now, it has a relaxing feeling to it and when I write (not very often....) it comes easier for some reason.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Return to General Chat