VN OSTs

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

VN OSTs

Unread postby metal_cocoabo » October 22nd, 2008, 8:12 am

Just a small thread to express my admiration of some VN soundtracks. I particularly liked the Ever17 (Aqua Stripe) and Edelweiss (Around the World) ending songs. For BGMs, Crescendo definitely tops my list -- particularly that piece that Miyu plays (dunno what it's called though). Of course, Planetarian's BGM does a good job of setting the whimsical mood. Unfortunately, the songs can only be accessed via the game itself -- so no way to put it in my mp3 player. I even toyed around with the idea of using a recorder just to get the songs on my player. :lol:

So, what about you guys?
metal_cocoabo
Crack Addic!

Unread postby gmsephiroth » October 22nd, 2008, 3:22 pm

Hmm...FSN's "THIS ILLUSION" hit it off pretty well with me (although honestly I prefer "Disillusion" from the anime). Overall FSN's soundtrack fit pretty well...very few times did I find the bgm's annoying enough to mute the game. Realta Nua's soundtrack improved on it a little bit, so that one was pretty good as well. I especially liked the bgm during Realta Nua's "Last Episode", although I can't remember at all what it was called...
gmsephiroth
Addict

Unread postby X-Calibar » October 22nd, 2008, 6:24 pm

Well I actually went out and bought the Ever17 OST :O I appreciated the higher quality CD tracks...[22KHz -> 44KHz] Really wanted to replace the game tracks with the CD tracks.... [but it seems to be beyond my current abilities ;(]

On the other hand, I was able to replace songs in Utawarerumono :O I bought like 5 audio CDs related to the game... Loved the game, and the music reminded me of all my favorite moments. Plus the CD quality tracks allowed me to do some mixing, to create a new mix of the ending song...
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=6Aw9dPlbxaU&fmt=18
Which I was then able to use to replace the original Utawarerumono ending song in the game, with my new custom one :D
Also switched out two PC songs for the PS2 versions while I was at it...

I admit though, it's hard to beat FSN's This Illusion/Disillusion title songs... Before I ever knew anything about mirror moon, type-moon, F/sn... I knew I was interested in those songs 8)
X-Calibar
Crack Desu!

Return to General Chat