My thoughts on Edelweiss! <3 (Spoilers?)

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

My thoughts on Edelweiss! <3 (Spoilers?)

Unread postby inferno_flamex » October 18th, 2008, 5:57 pm

Yeah.. There's some things that bugs me...

A) Ehem.. This game is GREAT! I just finished a route after getting it from Mangagamer... So im wondering why is there no discussion thread about this game in this forum? I mean.. COME ON! Even Taka has given this game a friggin 9/10!... I repeat... 9/10!!!... So its either that or I might have missed it somewhere...

B) Hmm... Since i tried this game only because i vaguely remembered Taka saying it was good and whatnot during translation of UBW, when i looked it up on VNDB.org... It is only later that i noticed afew difference since i came back and reread his previous post...

So question (To Taka or anyone that knows): From the looks of it... I cannot get into Rin's route, but Taka's post specifically said that she chose Rin's route first... So i guess.. Is Edelweiss Fantasia a sort of F/HA version of this Edelweiss? Its funny, wikipedia does not seem to have information on EITHER of these games...

Hmm.. Yeah... My thoughts on Edelweiss.. Its 8/10...
Okay..
Leaving the lack of Ecchi scenes per girl, mostly its because i really think there are no Rin or Sakura routes in THIS Edelweiss. So a point was taken off its overall score. It was too bad... Or it could be up there with Snow Sakura, tied as firsts... Comedic elements were aplenty. And i laughed so hard that even while playing it behind closed doors, my family in the living room could hear me.. XDDDDD

Seriously, this game reminded me of Green Green TV... There are even the 'baka-trio' as your 'buddies'... Very very fun game... Im glad i got it...
"When a petanko hugs you, she's hugging closer to her heart"...
~:~:~
"There is no greater love, between a boy and his pillow"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_FT_c3IiQ
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Uberoy » October 18th, 2008, 6:55 pm

Im not sure either but I think Edelweiss Fantasia is more like a remake of edelweiss with Rin and Sakura routes included.
I've heard from my friend that it's not translated into english yet but that mangagamer are working on it.

And yes, it is a very good game indeed.
But I shall forgive you. Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained.
Uberoy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Belzera » October 18th, 2008, 9:48 pm

Wait is it this http://vndb.org/v903 one, cos I saw another one with the same title
Belzera
Addict

Unread postby inferno_flamex » October 19th, 2008, 12:56 am

Belzera wrote:Wait is it this http://vndb.org/v903 one, cos I saw another one with the same title

Yeah yeah.. This is the one that im currently playing...

@Uberoy...
Wait... WHAT!?

Uggh.. if they're really in a process of making Edelweiss Fantasia...

*checks wallet*

Uhhh..~~

XDDDDD
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Atriel » October 19th, 2008, 2:00 am

What's it about?

This doesn't tell me much:

Description

Guess how hard you study if the good GPA can take you to the sex paradise.

Kazushi and his buddies are fed up with their bad grades and boring high school life.

Just when their sex crave was ready to burst out, they found out about the exchange student program to a girls high school in isolated island: A ticket to ride for sex!!

Unless that's really all there is to it...?

It doesn't seem to have that much of an interesting plot but if it gives some laughs i may consider checking it :o
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Shikiller » October 19th, 2008, 3:29 am

I played it, it's a 6/10 to me , i liked Natsume and her route, Mei, the music and the the friends characters scenes.
Where the fuck is my Sakura route? ;_;
Shikiller
Crack Desu!

Unread postby metal_cocoabo » October 19th, 2008, 6:54 am

Atriel wrote:What's it about?

Description

Kazushi and his buddies are fed up with their bad grades and boring high school life.

Just when their sex crave was ready to burst out, they found out about the exchange student program to a girls high school in isolated island: A ticket to ride for sex!!

It doesn't seem to have that much of an interesting plot but if it gives some laughs i may consider checking it :o

Is this another 'Choose X and make love to her' kind of game? Or does it actually have a deep plot and the guys who wrote the descriptions are pure retards?
metal_cocoabo
Crack Addic!

Unread postby inferno_flamex » October 19th, 2008, 11:08 am

metal_cocoabo wrote:
Atriel wrote:What's it about?

Description

Is this another 'Choose X and make love to her' kind of game? Or does it actually have a deep plot and the guys who wrote the descriptions are pure retards?

Honestly Im sure its based on personal tastes... Since shikiller gave it a 6/10... Coz well... The girls are more 'pretty/cute' rather than 'HAWTIE!!', and the sex scenes are VERY limited.. Some of the girls only have ONE... So yeah..

But yup.. Those guys are retards...
Honestly i think they are idiots that are trying their best not to give away 'spoilers'...
Thank god i took Taka's recomendation to heart and gave it a try...
The summary did not do the game justice.

Anyway... This is just my brief summary on it, based on what i played so far... I'll try to keep spoilers to a minimum.. But it is a bit of a spoiler i guess, if you're comparing my summary to theirs...

You play as a guy named Kazuki, highschool kid... YES... AT FIRST.. You thought that it was an easy ride ticket for sex because you're going to an island with desperate girls who might never seen a boy before.

But being the pethathic perverts and losers that your friends are... You guys did not make a good first impression... But before long, you noticed that it is not an ordinarily school. You had no idea that you just signed up to a school that teaches ALCHEMY! Yup... Fun isnt it!?

On your journey... You will meet new (female) friends. And the brotherhood between you and your buddies shall grow.

"But who will be your only one?"

In Edelweiss, in a school of alchemy, you will learn the meaning of friendship, love, and the lessons of life... As you slowly unlock the DARK secrets of the island, as well as the long lost secrets of alchemy...

PS~
Pancho-senpai RULEZ!!!

He's like... A highschool version of Archer!
Im already GAR for him!...

"When life gives you troubles... Eat bread"...

ROFL!! XDDDD
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Mkilbride » October 19th, 2008, 12:46 pm

This game is a game that makes me appreciate Mirror Moon AND Type Moon more.

I mean, it looks like a fun game, but until at least 10 more patches are released to fix the translation.

I've seen games from as far back as 1995 have better translations, from no name companies and fan translations.

This game could be done with Babelfish and actually look better. I'm no Grammar King, or perfect speller, but honestly, this is just horrible. They re-released the game already with "Fixed" translations, but it appears 90% of the translation errors are STILL PRESENT.

Masturvate or become Lilly? The fudge?!

I saw the blog on the main page and thought this'd be a great game, but this translation is just unacceptable and I'll have to wait until it's better translated.

I can see this is a comedy game though, and not really my type, so I guess that on top of poor translation makes me give it a 4/10.

I'm also finding them the most unlikable characters in a VN I've read so far...I don't know why.
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Atriel » October 19th, 2008, 3:39 pm

Inferno's summary catched my interest a tiny bit more.

Inferno, does it have some mind rape or crazy stuff? Whatever you can think of: Gore, weird people, incoherent situations, etc...?
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Shikiller » October 19th, 2008, 4:30 pm

It does have weird people and incoerent situations, it's a comedy game, the plot is not really important,the fun of the game is, and after a route of 2 you can easily guess the endings.
I lol'd playing this game, and it's not that i think it'is bad, it's that there are better things out there...
I lol'd with panchu..

" EH ARYASGYSSKDA" ( translation = "have some bread" )LOL WTF?
Last edited by Shikiller on October 20th, 2008, 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shikiller
Crack Desu!

Unread postby inferno_flamex » October 20th, 2008, 2:04 am

Atriel wrote:Inferno's summary catched my interest a tiny bit more.

Inferno, does it have some mind rape or crazy stuff? Whatever you can think of: Gore, weird people, incoherent situations, etc...?

No Atriel.. There's no 'hardcore' stuffs like rape or gore and stuffs... At least i dont think so, coz im still playing...

I rank this game quite highly because of its comedic moments...
And like Shikiller said, yeah.. there are weird people...

Like...
A girl that has a 'great?' body but has a face like a pig...
Pancho-senpai.. A guy from your previous school... Who's cool, but like Shikiller said... You dont really know WTF he's talking about.
Mei-sensei. A goddess of beauty that has a habit of telling BAD jokes/puns regarding her name... like "Mei I help you?"...
And one of your female classmates that think of NOTHING except for money...

Those are just to name afew...
But yeah... Translation is horrid.

Text like...
~~~
Kazuki:
"Kazuki caughing"

~~~

Im still wondering why they could not make it like...
~~~
Kazuki:
*Cough Cough*

~~~

I am able to 'Forgive and Forget' the translations given here... Considering im currently playing another game as well that has a patch made out from HELL! Dont worry.. it is NOT mm translations... and for the sake of the guys doing the translations, i REFUSE to tell the name of the game, because VNs need some love... So this game is still highly ranked in my list, leaving the translations aside...

I think... That if you enjoy watching GreenGreen TV... You'll be sure to enjoy this game as well... The elements are very similar... And yes... So are the comedic elements that i love so much in VNs...
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Shikiller » October 20th, 2008, 2:12 am

Don't forget to mention the girl (LOL) with more muscles than Arnold Schwarzenegger .
Shikiller
Crack Desu!

Unread postby inferno_flamex » October 20th, 2008, 7:39 am

Shikiller wrote:Don't forget to mention the girl (LOL) with more muscles than Arnold Schwarzenegger .

Girl!? XDDDD
Nice one...

And to think that one of her 'belongins' was forcibily put WHERE!? During your first encounter with her...
All thanks to the baka-trio... XDDDDDDD

Oh how could i forget?
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Sinshlad » October 20th, 2008, 11:52 am

I'll go 6/10. Though I'd go as high as 8.5/10 if the translation was half decent. As it stands, reading it is like reading something written by a 12 year old. The grammar get's so brutal in some instances that it ruins the moment. I'd imagine the game would be a lot funnier if I didn't have to translate the jokes to English.

So far, I've only played Natsume's route. It was quite enjoyable, if the other routes are anywhere near as good, my money has been well spent.
Sinshlad
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Mkilbride » October 20th, 2008, 12:36 pm

Yes, I broke down and I am playing it also. It's alot funner, I'd probably raise it to 5/10, maybe 7/10 if the translation was better.

I just got to a part where the main char says... "Smart people thinks to hard. Alchemist sounds like a smart people."

...Seriously...

You could translate that in GOOGLE and it'd come out better English. MangaGamers are effing retarded, they must hire people who graduated from a Japanese language class 20 years ago and never took any additional classes or brushed up on it and don't know English at all.

I know it's a dutch company, but hell, look at The Witcher, that's from Poland.

Although, I'll admit the translation just made me roflcopter x10 here.

'Suzu, put that boobs away. It's making Kazushi confused"

EDIT:

Also, uh, is there a FAQ or something? I got Natsume's ending and want to do anothers ,but I'm not sure what CHOICES I need to make for the other girls. The first time around I picked all the choices I would pick in real life...what I always do the first time I play a VN.(Be it a good or bad ending)

Also, the option to SKIP, does it skip parts you have read, or ALL parts? Cause alot of VNs have ones that skip ONLY parts you haven't read, but the menu is translated poorly and I see an option for "Always skip unread parts on or off", and it's off...but man, I don't know. Thank you.
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Inverted » October 20th, 2008, 5:45 pm

@Mkilbride : A walkthrough is there . But It's in Japanese. :cry:
http://gamerssquare.fc2web.com/edelweiss.htm
General idea:
Generally concentrate on the girls you want an end with .In choices they are not present split it between other girls.Also there are 4 critical choices for entering or dropping a route

Haruka: Eavesdrop on the meeting between her and principal on a day you come to school to pick up something.

Mizuki: Help to get out of bind with girls regarding who is her boyfriend.Happens in cafe.

Ran: Agree to Lend her (?$)1000 .Happens outside school.

Natsume: (you already know :wink: ) Search for her in the park after Sakura dressed her up.

Mei: Agree to help her during summer break.Happens in library.

In the descending order the above choices will appear. If you drop a particular girl you'll enter the subsequent route in the above order. If you drop all of them you'll get a Bad End which is different from other bad ends .

As for skipping ,if you are worried,just CTRL the game is pretty short and it won't overrun unread parts.
Inverted
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Mkilbride » October 20th, 2008, 5:57 pm

Thank you. That's all the routes? Seriously? But I see little Circles of pictures for the other girls like Rin and Sakura...Hell, I even HEARD there were Routes for them..?! I am teh outraged if there isn't one.
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Atriel » October 20th, 2008, 7:46 pm

Well, from your comments it seems it's funny. I'll try it out when i get a chance.

@Inferno: I meant mind rape as in weird confusing things. Not rape as in guy forces girl <_<
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Shirosaki » October 20th, 2008, 9:55 pm

Very funny game but the engrish could use some help:
"Either they mustervate or illy".............
That probably stood out alot for some but there are some lol parts
Pancho "EAT THE BREAD!" lol.....oh pancho......xD
so out of fairness for the makers i would give it an 8/10, the proofers........3-4/10? nah 2/10, a finished product represents a company, you must always have a great product to show others, general rule of business.

EDIT*
Also sorry Atriel no real mindrape unless you count a killer sign...lol ^^
Shirosaki
Crack Addic!

Next

Return to General Chat