Help unlocking an Iphone 2g?

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

Help unlocking an Iphone 2g?

Unread postby iclim4 » October 2nd, 2008, 10:43 pm

Well I plan on buying an Iphone and unlocking it.
Does annyone know the risks of unlocking an Iphone?
Any tips?

any input would be greatly appreciated. ^_^
iclim4
Crack Addic!

Location: My Mommy told me not to give out personal information in the internet.

Unread postby AlinSabel » October 2nd, 2008, 11:41 pm

Wouldn't this be under 'illegal'? I'm not sure, but at the very least it's questionable. How about asking on a tech forum, rather than a forum that's more geared towards VNs/anime/other Japanese things?
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread postby iclim4 » October 3rd, 2008, 12:09 am

I don't think it fits in "warez"
And I don't visit many forums, so I might aswell pitch my question here while doing research on my own.
Someone might know something important that I might've missed.
iclim4
Crack Addic!

Location: My Mommy told me not to give out personal information in the internet.

Unread postby pchunter » October 3rd, 2008, 4:08 am

AlinSabel wrote:Wouldn't this be under 'illegal'? I'm not sure, but at the very least it's questionable. How about asking on a tech forum, rather than a forum that's more geared towards VNs/anime/other Japanese things?

yeah... it might not exactly be warez... but i dont think it should be here maybe? dunno but anyways.. sorry to ruin it for you, but they dont sell 2g's anymore in any AT&T stores. and theres no point in "cracking" a 3g... and since there is no insurance for 3g... i wouldnt risk the chance of cracking it. One mistake and 200-300 dollars is gone
pchunter
Crack Addic!

Unread postby iclim4 » October 3rd, 2008, 4:21 am

pchunter wrote:
AlinSabel wrote:Wouldn't this be under 'illegal'? I'm not sure, but at the very least it's questionable. How about asking on a tech forum, rather than a forum that's more geared towards VNs/anime/other Japanese things?

yeah... it might not exactly be warez... but i dont think it should be here maybe? dunno but anyways.. sorry to ruin it for you, but they dont sell 2g's anymore in any AT&T stores. and theres no point in "cracking" a 3g... and since there is no insurance for 3g... i wouldnt risk the chance of cracking it. One mistake and 200-300 dollars is gone

Oh I already have a seller.
It's 300 bucks for an 8gb.
I was always interested in an Iphone, which is why I'm wondering if I should take it, and the procedure to unlock it.
And we talked about hacking a DS to try out F/SN DS in another thread, so this shouldn't be any different, as long as we don't move on to ROMs.
iclim4
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Message » October 3rd, 2008, 2:15 pm

I agree that stuff like this doesn't belong in these forums. It can get us into trouble, so url deleted and thread locked.

Return to General Chat