Okami PS2: That Darn Rabbit

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

Okami PS2: That Darn Rabbit

Unread postby ServantRider » September 26th, 2008, 12:52 pm

I'm not sure how many people on this board can help me with this, but I have a little problem. I recently got Okami and I'm having a little trouble. On Ryoshima Coast there's a guy looking for his lost pet, a rabbit named Inabi. Now I found the rabbit, purely by chance while earning some Praise. And now here's my dilemma. I know where the bugger is, but I can't get him to his owner. I pick him up and when I go out of the hole, he always slips away no matter what I do. Is there a way to get that darn rabbit back to his owner?

ServantRider
Into 17 Pieces

Unread postby drizzt_rocks » September 28th, 2008, 12:11 am

Hmm he should be as easy as picking up in your teeth and carrying back to his master ... Maybe you are looking at the wrong rabbit. He should be (if i remember correctly) among the trees at the end of the pier to the right when you are looking with your back to the pier ...
And the cutest anime character award goes to ... PINO
drizzt_rocks
Crack Desu!

Unread postby ServantRider » September 28th, 2008, 9:53 am

You're right. All this time I was looking at the wrong rabbit. I took your advice and I went and found him. Funny I never noticed him there before.
ServantRider
Into 17 Pieces

Unread postby drizzt_rocks » September 28th, 2008, 11:29 am

Heh no worries mate just enjoy one of the greatest games ever made.
drizzt_rocks
Crack Desu!

Unread postby pchunter » September 28th, 2008, 10:13 pm

ha while we are talking about Okami... i sorta gave up on that game a while ago...

i mean it was FANTASTIC up to where i met my dilema.... U know the part where you talk to the village leader, and he dances and points to blossoms you have to draw circles around to make them bloom? Yea, I spent 3 hours on that before giving up. I dont know why but my circles dont register... i have done almost every single combo of making a circle, and it never accepts my perfect circles and i ended up having to start all over and going through the 5 minute talk with that old man...

is it just my remote/sensor bar? or is it just my poor circle handling skills --;; (no im serious, it rejects my perfect circles!!! and sometimes accepts my squar-y circle mistakes..)
pchunter
Crack Addic!

Unread postby drizzt_rocks » September 28th, 2008, 11:06 pm

I am guessing you are talking about the wii version ... and I would guess (since I don't have a wii) its because of the inaccuracy of the wiimote. Try making larger circles around the buds.
drizzt_rocks
Crack Desu!

Unread postby DarkRedSky » September 28th, 2008, 11:18 pm

pchunter wrote:ha while we are talking about Okami... i sorta gave up on that game a while ago...

i mean it was FANTASTIC up to where i met my dilema.... U know the part where you talk to the village leader, and he dances and points to blossoms you have to draw circles around to make them bloom? Yea, I spent 3 hours on that before giving up. I dont know why but my circles dont register... i have done almost every single combo of making a circle, and it never accepts my perfect circles and i ended up having to start all over and going through the 5 minute talk with that old man...

is it just my remote/sensor bar? or is it just my poor circle handling skills --;; (no im serious, it rejects my perfect circles!!! and sometimes accepts my squar-y circle mistakes..)

Try a half circle. See if you can do a makeshift circle with a wrist flick, it works for me... most of the time.
DarkRedSky
Crack Desu!

Unread postby ServantRider » September 29th, 2008, 4:19 am

Yeah, it's probably the wiimote. I got through that on my second try. I only failed on the first bud once and from then on I managed to do it perfectly. The only real time I have trouble with using Bloom is when one of those bud things are thrown at me (like with Orochi/ True Orochi's Dark Head or with with Nechku) or on those still cursed patches of grass (I have to try it with those at least twice). Other than that, it's I can get Bloom working everytime. And believe me, I can't draw a perfect circle if my life depended on it.
ServantRider
Into 17 Pieces

Unread postby drizzt_rocks » September 29th, 2008, 8:51 am

Heh minor point but you dont really need to bloom the cursed patched of grass. You might have noticed when you draw on the ground flowers pop up. You are basically meant to create large numbers of them on the top of the cursed patches. So just scribbling is fine. You probably don't make enough flowers with 1 circle hence why u need 2.

Also a hint with blooming against bosses. You can pause time by going into draw mode. And the screen does can be moved around while in draw mode by taking the pointer to the edge of the screen although it only moves in 2d and only for a limited distance.
drizzt_rocks
Crack Desu!

Unread postby ServantRider » October 1st, 2008, 11:19 am

Actually, there's also a 3D movement. By moving the right analog stick while in Draw Mode you can go about the screen in a 3D angle, and at a full 360 degrees or as much as the camera is able to allow. It's especially useful when battling the Spider Queen and the Bandit Spiders, and if you have to Vine on face down Konohana Blossoms. It also helps when you need to use Cherry Bomb on monsters to get Demon Fangs. But it's most useful when you go into Draw Mode and don't have what you need in sight. For example, if you need to burn something and you hadn't got the fire source immediately in the screen as you go into Draw Mode. And so on and so forth.

As a side note, not everything will freeze in Draw Mode. On very rare occassions some monsters will stay moving. Only such cases I've encountered are the ghosts on the Sunken Ship and Orochi/ True Orochi when you help Susano/ Nagi chop off the heads (Each head will continue to move in Draw Mode). But this is highly rare as I've already said. And it's only with the ghosts that it's dangerous.
ServantRider
Into 17 Pieces

Unread postby Henduluin » October 1st, 2008, 12:03 pm

ServantRider wrote:As a side note, not everything will freeze in Draw Mode. On very rare occassions some monsters will stay moving. Only such cases I've encountered are the ghosts on the Sunken Ship and Orochi/ True Orochi when you help Susano/ Nagi chop off the heads (Each head will continue to move in Draw Mode). But this is highly rare as I've already said. And it's only with the ghosts that it's dangerous.

Kyuubi also does this IIRC. At the very least, if you're not fast enough, she'll counter your brush techniques.
The meaning of life is to give life meaning.
Henduluin
Crack Desu!

Unread postby ServantRider » October 1st, 2008, 3:05 pm

Henduluin wrote:
ServantRider wrote:As a side note, not everything will freeze in Draw Mode. On very rare occassions some monsters will stay moving. Only such cases I've encountered are the ghosts on the Sunken Ship and Orochi/ True Orochi when you help Susano/ Nagi chop off the heads (Each head will continue to move in Draw Mode). But this is highly rare as I've already said. And it's only with the ghosts that it's dangerous.

Kyuubi also does this IIRC. At the very least, if you're not fast enough, she'll counter your brush techniques.

Actually, no, you misunderstand. Ninetails does freeze when you enter Draw Mode, but she makes up for it by also being able to use her own brush techniques. That's on a completely different note. What I'm talking about is enemies that don't freeze at all in Draw Mode. The ghosts on the Sunken Ship still move when you enter Draw Mode and they can still attack you. Orochi's heads still move during the Susano/ Nagi slashing bit, but they don't attack. They just move around. Your thinking more along the lines of enemies being able to counter your brushstrokes. In which only Ninetails is an enemy with such ability. The only other one able to use brushstrokes with with your own is Shiranui and for obvious reasons those brushstrokes won't harm you at all.
ServantRider
Into 17 Pieces

Return to General Chat