Photoshop skills, anyone?

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

Photoshop skills, anyone?

Unread postby Thalnos » September 12th, 2008, 12:17 am

So anyone here have some photoshop skills? If so could you make me a signature so I can use on some other forums? I can be more specific once someone offers to make one for me.


But yeah, I wish I had photoshop skillz.
"We have been the cowards lobbing cruise missiles from 2,000 miles away. That's cowardly. Staying in the airplane when it hits the building, say what you want about it, it's not cowardly." - Bill Maher
User avatar
Thalnos
Crack Addic!
 
Posts: 194
Joined: September 10th, 2008, 12:26 am

Unread postby pchunter » September 12th, 2008, 12:51 am

lol.. i just bought it and uber noob atm.. i heard it takes like years to fully master photoshop.. :P
User avatar
pchunter
Crack Addic!
 
Posts: 155
Joined: January 22nd, 2008, 1:50 am
Location: lost in my memories...

Unread postby Atriel » September 12th, 2008, 1:42 am

I have some skill with another program.

Here's a sample pic, i often use it on signatures:

http://img153.imageshack.us/my.php?image=111bx9.jpg

Notice the delicate shadowing in the lower right corner. Can you guess the program i use?

.
.
.
.
.
.
.


I know, too much time on my hands. I'm just tired to do anything that isn't stupid.
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!
 
Posts: 1030
Joined: October 21st, 2007, 3:49 am

Unread postby gexer64 » September 12th, 2008, 2:30 am

I used to do photoshopping. Haven't done it in a while though
User avatar
gexer64
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 342
Joined: August 9th, 2008, 5:09 pm

Unread postby Thalnos » September 12th, 2008, 2:51 am

Awww, well looks like I'll have to hit the books. But real men use MSPaint, amirite? :wink:
"We have been the cowards lobbing cruise missiles from 2,000 miles away. That's cowardly. Staying in the airplane when it hits the building, say what you want about it, it's not cowardly." - Bill Maher
User avatar
Thalnos
Crack Addic!
 
Posts: 194
Joined: September 10th, 2008, 12:26 am

Unread postby Einherjar » September 12th, 2008, 4:39 am

Thalnos wrote:Awww, well looks like I'll have to hit the books. But real men use MSPaint, amirite? :wink:

Yes. Yes, they do,





In any case, I took some lessons on Photoshop 7.0, so I can do some good photo edits. Nothing uber like making pictures out of scratch, like that monster.
User avatar
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!
 
Posts: 1036
Joined: August 26th, 2007, 1:25 am
Location: Away

Unread postby Thalnos » September 12th, 2008, 6:02 am

Holy hell, that's...amazing.

Anyways if you'll take my request can you use one of these renders, put it on a decent looking background (something that kinda blends well with the pic, yet doesn't make it hard to see, but at the same time contrast it...actually I have no idea what I'm sayin =\ ), then throw my name on there so it blends nicely, yet at the same time doesn't look like someone opened up paint and just typed in their name?



Yeah, I like Tira a lot... :oops: Oh and it should be ~400x150 res

But yeah, if anyone makes one for me, thanks a ton!
"We have been the cowards lobbing cruise missiles from 2,000 miles away. That's cowardly. Staying in the airplane when it hits the building, say what you want about it, it's not cowardly." - Bill Maher
User avatar
Thalnos
Crack Addic!
 
Posts: 194
Joined: September 10th, 2008, 12:26 am

Unread postby idontknoW » September 12th, 2008, 8:18 am

Photoshop skills are easy.
Art skills however, are not. Stuff like properly blending colors and reaching your desired output, for instance.

No offense, but I think there are other Photoshop focused forums out there so I suggest you should go there, unless someone out here is willing to prove me wrong. :wink:
idontknoW has left this forum, that is all.
use the YM / Mail buttons if you need to contact me.
User avatar
idontknoW
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 257
Joined: August 30th, 2007, 11:52 am
Location: Philippines and obviously elsewhere but here.

Unread postby Atriel » September 12th, 2008, 3:45 pm

:shock: That MS Paint guy is crazy!
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!
 
Posts: 1030
Joined: October 21st, 2007, 3:49 am

Unread postby Thalnos » September 12th, 2008, 7:01 pm

idontknoW wrote:Photoshop skills are easy.
Art skills however, are not. Stuff like properly blending colors and reaching your desired output, for instance.

No offense, but I think there are other Photoshop focused forums out there so I suggest you should go there, unless someone out here is willing to prove me wrong. :wink:


None taken. I'm not the type of person to randomly go on an art forum and just say "HAI GUISE I IZ NEW MAEK ME TEH FUCKING SIG", and honestly it isn't that big of a deal so I thought that if anyone here was proficient in this area, I would just go ahead and ask.

But yeah, I'm totally cool either way.
"We have been the cowards lobbing cruise missiles from 2,000 miles away. That's cowardly. Staying in the airplane when it hits the building, say what you want about it, it's not cowardly." - Bill Maher
User avatar
Thalnos
Crack Addic!
 
Posts: 194
Joined: September 10th, 2008, 12:26 am

Unread postby gexer64 » September 16th, 2008, 1:06 pm

Thalnos wrote:
None taken. I'm not the type of person to randomly go on an art forum and just say "HAI GUISE I IZ NEW MAEK ME TEH FUCKING SIG"


Actually that sounds like a fun idea. I think I might actually do that. (in those exact words)
User avatar
gexer64
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 342
Joined: August 9th, 2008, 5:09 pm

Unread postby zweiterversuch » September 16th, 2008, 3:33 pm

Einherjar wrote:
Thalnos wrote:Awww, well looks like I'll have to hit the books. But real men use MSPaint, amirite? :wink:

Yes. Yes, they do,





In any case, I took some lessons on Photoshop 7.0, so I can do some good photo edits. Nothing uber like making pictures out of scratch, like that monster.



WOW
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:


That is awesome!!!

That guy (or girl. Who knows...) should have his(her) own tv show.
The Bob ross of Mspaint.

NOte: This is Bob Ross.
http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4QXs8FNu ... re=related
http://visualnoveldai.com/
If you want to create your own visual novel go there!
Try it out, no compromise!
8 inches in a week!

btw Princess Tutu is still Awesome!!!
zweiterversuch
$dead
 
Posts: 1424
Joined: February 7th, 2008, 6:53 pm

Unread postby idontknoW » September 17th, 2008, 11:26 am

Thalnos wrote:
idontknoW wrote:Photoshop skills are easy.
Art skills however, are not. Stuff like properly blending colors and reaching your desired output, for instance.

No offense, but I think there are other Photoshop focused forums out there so I suggest you should go there, unless someone out here is willing to prove me wrong. :wink:


None taken. I'm not the type of person to randomly go on an art forum and just say "HAI GUISE I IZ NEW MAEK ME TEH FUCKING SIG", and honestly it isn't that big of a deal so I thought that if anyone here was proficient in this area, I would just go ahead and ask.

But yeah, I'm totally cool either way.

no no no. not exactly. try looking forums that are more aimed to what you want your sig to be themed with. For instance, anime, then go to Animesuki.
unless you wanted a type-moon one, oh boy if that was the case, never mind what I said.

Then again, i've never tried this for myself. don't trust me lol.
idontknoW has left this forum, that is all.
use the YM / Mail buttons if you need to contact me.
User avatar
idontknoW
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 257
Joined: August 30th, 2007, 11:52 am
Location: Philippines and obviously elsewhere but here.

Unread postby Thalnos » September 17th, 2008, 7:32 pm

Actually, doing that is a pretty bad idea. That and the people on Asuki aren't particularly friendly to me anymore >.>;
"We have been the cowards lobbing cruise missiles from 2,000 miles away. That's cowardly. Staying in the airplane when it hits the building, say what you want about it, it's not cowardly." - Bill Maher
User avatar
Thalnos
Crack Addic!
 
Posts: 194
Joined: September 10th, 2008, 12:26 am

Unread postby pchunter » September 17th, 2008, 8:26 pm

Atriel wrote::shock: That MS Paint guy is crazy!

nah, i liked yours better.. yours had more skill me thinks. :P

Thalnos wrote:Actually, doing that is a pretty bad idea. That and the people on Asuki aren't particularly friendly to me anymore >.>;

LULZ haha, should i ask in your place?
User avatar
pchunter
Crack Addic!
 
Posts: 155
Joined: January 22nd, 2008, 1:50 am
Location: lost in my memories...

Unread postby Thalnos » September 17th, 2008, 11:56 pm

Sure, if you'd like. I doubt you'll get any responses. But if you do, thanks.
"We have been the cowards lobbing cruise missiles from 2,000 miles away. That's cowardly. Staying in the airplane when it hits the building, say what you want about it, it's not cowardly." - Bill Maher
User avatar
Thalnos
Crack Addic!
 
Posts: 194
Joined: September 10th, 2008, 12:26 am


Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 1 guest