Final Fantasy Dissidia.

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

Final Fantasy Dissidia.

Unread postby AvatarofRage » September 9th, 2008, 12:35 pm

A crossover fighting game for the PSP, featuring FF characters as far back as FF1, the current roster goes as
Title/ Hero/ Villain
Final Fantasy/ Warrior of Light / Garland
Final Fantasy II / Firion / Emperor Palamecia
Final Fantasy III /Onion Knight / Cloud of Darkness
Final Fantasy V/ ? / Exdeath
Final Fantasy VI /?/ Kefka
Final Fantasy VII /?/ Sephiroth
Final Fantasy VIII /Squall Leonhart/ Ultimecia
Final Fantasy IX /Zidane Tribal / Kuja
Final Fantasy X / Tidus / Jecht

Presumably the hero for V will be either Bartz or Lenna, and probably in the Mimic Class (potentially most powerful class in the game), VI will have to be Terra, VII will probably be either Cloud or Jack.

Game features a control scheme along the lines of
Triangle: environment interact (Run on walls, slide on rails etc)
Square: HP damaging attacks
Circle: comboable Brave draining attacks, the more 'brave' you have, the more damage your HP attack does
X: Jump, most characters feature a double jump and some a triple jump.
R: Block
R+X: Quick Dodge
With matches taking place in a 3d environment.

Also includes a mode called EX force, which is triggered upon gaining a random drop item. This works kinda like the Final Smash balls in SSB:Brawl, putting the character into an empowered state (seemingly some have more than one, I'm not sure how that works), for instant Zidane and Kuja go into Trance mode, Terra would go into her Esper form, etc.
One goes into this state by filling up the EX gauge (presumably the item fills it), and pressing X+[].
While in this state, the character, upon landing a combo, will engage in an EX burst special, basically consisting of the character's signature Limit Break/equivalent, i.e Tidus goes into his Blitzball/Sword combo that was his final Ultimate in FFX.

Characters will be customisable to a degree by using purchased weapons and equipment (bought with Gil earned), as well as levelling up.

It has been stated that there will be at least 20 characters upon release, with the possibility of hidden characters. Each character will have a story mode, and beating all of them will be needed to view the games full storyline, which so far seems to involve Chaos, God of Darkness, and Cosmos, Goddess of Light.
Wiki page here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_Dissidia
Trailers can be found here http://www.gametrailers.com/game/5024.html
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Einherjar » September 9th, 2008, 7:55 pm

I think we all know about it already (unless people here are really outdated with Square Enix [I think not]).

In any case, it would be absolutely stupid not to bring Cloud in, they're just trying to stimulate the massive horde of Cloud Fanboys/fangirls. The game will lose a lot of money if Cloud's not in...
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Thalnos » September 10th, 2008, 12:28 am

I would love it oh so much if they left Cloud out, but there is no way in hell they won't have cloud in this game.
Thalnos
Crack Addic!

Unread postby drizzt_rocks » September 10th, 2008, 12:10 pm

Well in the new trailer Terra is all but confirmed when Keka talks and Bartz's skirt can be seen in the CG scene (unless its a easter egg Tifa). And there is about 0% chance of Cloud not being in there. So yea ...

Also the new trailer all but confirms alternate costumes so hopefully Zack is an alternate to Cloud ...
And the cutest anime character award goes to ... PINO
drizzt_rocks
Crack Desu!

Unread postby inferno_flamex » September 10th, 2008, 3:57 pm

drizzt_rocks wrote:Well in the new trailer Terra is all but confirmed when Keka talks and Bartz's skirt can be seen in the CG scene (unless its a easter egg Tifa). And there is about 0% chance of Cloud not being in there. So yea ...

Also the new trailer all but confirms alternate costumes so hopefully Zack is an alternate to Cloud ...

I would prefer if the easter egg would be a 'skirtless' Tifa... XDDD

Ehem...

Ummm...
Yeah... Zack and Cloud are pretty similar move-wise anyway... Its like playing Ryu and Ken in the original Street Fighters...
"When a petanko hugs you, she's hugging closer to her heart"...
~:~:~
"There is no greater love, between a boy and his pillow"
~:~:~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_FT_c3IiQ
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Thalnos » September 10th, 2008, 4:40 pm

inferno_flamex wrote:I would prefer if the easter egg would be a 'skirtless' Tifa... XDDD

lol, yeah wouldn't we all.
Last edited by Thalnos on September 11th, 2008, 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thalnos
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Einherjar » September 11th, 2008, 7:36 pm

inferno_flamex wrote:Ummm...
Yeah... Zack and Cloud are pretty similar move-wise anyway... Its like playing Ryu and Ken in the original Street Fighters...

Zack and Cloud have quite a number of differences. Cloud is more talented to using large swords ( as mentioned in before crisis (?)), where as Zack is not (I wouldn't say buster sword is his most suited weapon, a long sword would have been a better deal). Their limit breaks are all different also, it makes you think where did Cloud get those uber looking Limits (he made them up?). Zack will need to have a different fighting stance, different limit breaks, and even the victory animation (since even though they both swing their swords and put them on their back, Zacks sword edge faces down where as Cloud's faces up.
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby AvatarofRage » September 12th, 2008, 4:48 am

If Cloud's in, do you think he'll have his Limit Break from Advent Children? There's multiple weapons so presumably Buster sword would be his default, then the 9-blades could be his ultimate. I could see them making it so certain ultimate weapons unlocking alternate EX burst specials,

In the meantime, Zak and Cloud aren't necessarily mutually exclusive, since the roster so far is simply 'at least' 20, and bonus characters were mentioned as a possibility. I wonder what other bonus characters they might have...if Bartz (or whoever) isn't in the Mimic class, then possibly Gogo from FFVI,...maybe Cain from FFIV (the dragoon)...I know I'd love to see either Ceres (FFVI), or Beatrix (FFIX) to make the cut.
Last edited by AvatarofRage on September 12th, 2008, 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Einherjar » September 12th, 2008, 4:53 am

AvatarofRage wrote:If Cloud's in, do you think he'll have his Limit Break from Advent Children? There's multiple weapons so presumably Buster sword would be his default, then the 9-blades could be his ultimate. I could see them making it so certain ultimate weapons unlocking alternate EX burst specials,

And yeah, I figured most people already know about this, but I didn't see a thread for it so figured why not.

9??????
I'm pretty sure it's six. And the Bike that holds the swords is called Fenrir (wow). So he get his bike or something??
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby AvatarofRage » September 12th, 2008, 5:04 am

Really? Could have sworn it was nine, and since the swords can all clip together then the bike wouldn't be necessary, but he might use it in his entrance...
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Einherjar » September 12th, 2008, 7:52 pm

AvatarofRage wrote:Really? Could have sworn it was nine, and since the swords can all clip together then the bike wouldn't be necessary, but he might use it in his entrance...

5 swords circle around Sephy, Cloud holds one. I watched AC 4 Times, I'm sure of it. In any case, Zack can't be Cloud's alternate costume if cloud actually uses Fenrir.
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby AvatarofRage » September 14th, 2008, 4:02 am

If both Zack and Cloud were in, it wouldn't be as alternative costumes, but individual characters, although they might share a couple moves...
Crack Addic!

Return to General Chat