The mm forum unofficial Code Geass discussion [SPOILERS]

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

Season 3?

FUCK YEAH!!
60%
FUCK NO!!
40%

Total votes: 25

Catastrophe
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Catastrophe » September 26th, 2008, 7:10 pm

Thalnos wrote:*points at thread name*

Can you comprehend English? That "spoiler" tag is technically for Geass spoilers, not spoilers for every single anime in existance.
and before "[SPOILERS]" what do you read?.....
"We want a game that's going to chop us the second we screw around, or just flatten us at its whim... until we finally beat it. They demand more of us, and we rise to the occasion because we're that good. And that feels good. And that's why we game."
Rus McLaughlin, IGN

Thalnos
Crack Addic!

Unread post by Thalnos » September 26th, 2008, 8:18 pm

Superflonic wrote:
Thalnos wrote:
► Show Spoiler
Just a question, Thalnos.
How, if you haven't seen the entire show, know all of that?
I mean, two days ago, you were just at episode 10, whining about me spoiling you (still sorry for that, though), but now you finished it?
(Disregard that, I remember DN as being much longer, but it's only 37 episodes, so 27 episodes aren't that time-consuming).
You realize that it only takes about 9 hours to marathon a 26 episodes series right, including bathroom/food breaks? I'm in college and have nothing better to do with my time. So I finished it all the day after you spoiled it for me. But yeah, I apologize for lashing out, so I take it we're even.

Catastrophe wrote:because we do need an space to discuss without the annoying spoiler tags Laughing
so.... spoilers up to the most recent anime episode released. [aotp stands for All Over The Place] so, if you are behind and dont want yourself HEAVILY spoiled go back now that you still have the chance.
That still is referring to Geass spoilers. This is a GEASS topic. Not an ANIME topic. Hence, there will be GEASS spoilers, not DEATH NOTE spoilers.

EDIT: After rereading some posts, I take it that you didn't see Superflonic's original post. He left the Death Note spoiler unmarked, which is why I was agitated. He then went back and fixed it.
"We have been the cowards lobbing cruise missiles from 2,000 miles away. That's cowardly. Staying in the airplane when it hits the building, say what you want about it, it's not cowardly." - Bill Maher

Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread post by Kid-Wolf » September 28th, 2008, 5:51 pm

Off Topic:
Well it might be better if we spliced the Death Note suff from this thread just becuase it sounds like it dneeds ot have it's own topic running here for some reason.

Back On Topic:
In any case I have to play catchup sometime later on this week to see what I missed so far. It's what happens when you use an unreliable source to find your anime. Although never the less I'll mention something about it once I watch it of course.

Gram49
Addict

Unread post by Gram49 » September 28th, 2008, 7:25 pm

just got done watching the last episode and WOW! the ending is just epic imo cause throughout the series i couldn't tell if lulouch was good or evil up until the very end. this anime series really delivers from beginning to end!

what's everyone else's take on the ending??

CSXLoser
Addict

Unread post by CSXLoser » September 28th, 2008, 7:40 pm

ending for Code Geass...
► Show Spoiler

teiglin
Might just like this board

Unread post by teiglin » September 28th, 2008, 8:20 pm

I liked the ending overall. I thought they did a good--and surprisingly subtle (I was expecting a total bloodbath)--job of wrapping up Zero Requiem/Lelouche's vision for the future. While I did find Lulu's death a bit sad (I was always rooting for Lulu+C.C -_-), it was a fitting culmination to his life. The "simple life" continuation of the living characters was very sweet, and seeing Orange-kun with Anya working in an orchard cracked me up. Still, I'm disappointed at some of the loose ends. Particularly re: C.C's ongoing life/journey--she still has her Code, right? Was she actually talking to Lulu at the end or just to herself, and why the zoom in on the origami crane? Also, it really doesn't cleanly wrap up the racial hatred between Britannia and Japan, and I always assumed that other "Areas" would face similar discrimination issues. While I'm willing to accept that Viletta got over her prejudice thanks to Ougi, and Nina thanks to being generally a crazy bitch and then realizing that she shouldn't blow everyone up, it always struck me as a much more widespread social problem than would be solved by a couple of good Japanese. Certainly Nunnally would work to improve the situation, but changing social attitudes isn't that simple, and I think it would have been nice to see more on that. Suzaku remaining Zero also seems likely to provoke difficulties, but we don't really get much hint of what he is up to in future.

Random note--did anyone else thing Nunnally looked really hot in her "prisoner" dress? >.>

Oh yeah--why is Xing-ke still alive?????!!!!1212212one

Gram49
Addict

Unread post by Gram49 » September 28th, 2008, 8:44 pm

► Show Spoiler

Thalnos
Crack Addic!

Unread post by Thalnos » September 28th, 2008, 9:50 pm

You know, I figured I'd RAGE but...I just completely bypassed the point of RAGING and went straight into complete and utter dissapointment. Turning Ledouche into a Christ figure? Not only does that go against the entire theme of Code Geass but is so disgustingly cliche.

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion - 10/10
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2 - 5/10
Code Geass Overall Rating - 7/10

Very, very dissapointed (to the point of almost depression) with the turn Geass took with R2, and I'm sure that the director is to. Actually I'm not sure, I know for a fact that he's displeased as well. Oh well, now that this is done with, on to G00S2.
"We have been the cowards lobbing cruise missiles from 2,000 miles away. That's cowardly. Staying in the airplane when it hits the building, say what you want about it, it's not cowardly." - Bill Maher

Thalnos
Crack Addic!

Unread post by Thalnos » September 28th, 2008, 9:53 pm

I'm double posting on purpose, in case you're wondering.

Don't get me wrong, it isn't as if I hate Geass, or think it is crap. I still enjoyed it, despite how painful it is to see the road it took. But again, don't get me wrong. Code Geass overall is still LEAGUES, MILES, LIGHTYEARS, [insert huge quantitative distance] better than the majority of crap Japan puts out these days. Far better. It just hurts to know that it could have been EVEN greater. But you can't change the past so I won't bitch any longer.

pchunter
Crack Addic!

Unread post by pchunter » September 28th, 2008, 10:07 pm

Thalnos wrote:Turning Ledouche into a Christ figure? Not only does that go against the entire theme of Code Geass but is so disgustingly cliche.
hmm... maybe i havent seen enough anime series.. but what other series... other than chrono crusade, does the main character die as a Christ figure?

I thought that it was a good ending... what other ways couldve they ended it? if Lelouch lived and ruled the world... it would've been too open ended, and they would probrally have to go on with a season 3, cause they cant just say.. "and they lived happily ever after.." If lelouch lived and gave up the world.. i dont think that wouldve been possible, cause they all hate him and he wouldve been killed afterwards.. The only possible ending, now that i think about it, that they couldve made having a good conclusion is where Lelouch has to die, for the sake of "ending the chain of hate". I thought it ended pretty nicely.

Few questions i have.. is it just me? or did XingKe die? I think near the end, i saw his mecha in the background as nunnally was being pushed by "zero" and met by ougi, but in ougi's wedding picture he wasnt in there.

oh, and what are the chances that Lelouch didnt die and was the cart rider at the very very very end who C.C. couldve been talking to? :D

zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread post by zweiterversuch » September 28th, 2008, 10:17 pm

pchunter wrote:
Thalnos wrote:Turning Ledouche into a Christ figure? Not only does that go against the entire theme of Code Geass but is so disgustingly cliche.
hmm... maybe i havent seen enough anime series.. but what other series... other than chrono crusade, does the main character die as a Christ figure?

I thought that it was a good ending... what other ways couldve they ended it? if Lelouch lived and ruled the world... it would've been too open ended, and they would probrally have to go on with a season 3, cause they cant just say.. "and they lived happily ever after.." If lelouch lived and gave up the world.. i dont think that wouldve been possible, cause they all hate him and he wouldve been killed afterwards.. The only possible ending, now that i think about it, that they couldve made having a good conclusion is where Lelouch has to die, for the sake of "ending the chain of hate". I thought it ended pretty nicely.

Few questions i have.. is it just me? or did XingKe die? I think near the end, i saw his mecha in the background as nunnally was being pushed by "zero" and met by ougi, but in ougi's wedding picture he wasnt in there.

oh, and what are the chances that Lelouch didnt die and was the cart rider at the very very very end who C.C. couldve been talking to? :D
IT ENDED ALREADY!?
WHAT THE!!!
I MISSED TWO EPISODES!?
DAMN!
http://visualnoveldai.com/
If you want to create your own visual novel go there!
Try it out, no compromise!
8 inches in a week!

btw Princess Tutu is still Awesome!!!

CSXLoser
Addict

Unread post by CSXLoser » September 28th, 2008, 10:48 pm

the two ways that I interpreted C.C at the end.

A. She could have been talking to dead/sprit Lelouch kinda like Marianne which was why she moved her head to face the sky more.
B. When she moved her head a little, it could have looked like she was trying to direct those last words towards the farmer...telling us that it was LeLouch

Gram49
Addict

Unread post by Gram49 » September 28th, 2008, 11:09 pm

I seriously thought that the ending was perfect. Throughout the whole series they kept you guessing what lelouch's true motives are and whether he was actual evil and wanted to take over the world or unite it. The ending gave the like a twist, i suppose, at the last minute when everyone thinks that lelouch is actually just an evil character and succeeded in taking over the world (which would have been a boring ending) then you found out that it was all part of a bigger plan. I just thought that was awesome and honestly i don't know how they could of ended it without him dying.

zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread post by zweiterversuch » September 28th, 2008, 11:39 pm

OH my god!! oh my god!!
I have just seen the 25th episode and...and!!! I am as excited as a 15 years old girl.
I didn't expect anything like that to happen!!!

Awesome just awesome!!!

(I know that if you see Code: geass as "another random serie" you will think the people who made it could have done a better job but if you don't try to compare it and just see it for what it is, you will understand how perfect is the story of Lelouch, C.C and others.)

Now let's see what happens next.
8 inches in a week!

zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread post by zweiterversuch » September 29th, 2008, 12:14 am

Administrators sorry I will double post but it is worth it.

CODE GEASS MORE THAN AWESOME!!!

I know that kind of ending is already a cliche but still it is great!

Not enough to cry but well, it was a nice feeling...how should I explain it?...

Ok see this image!!!
► Show Spoiler
8 inches in a week!

ryujin
Addict

Unread post by ryujin » September 29th, 2008, 12:32 am

In case the farmer/cart rider was not Lelouch, I wonder what would happen if C.C. gave him a geass? (start of Season 3) just kidding.. LOL :lol:

Seriously, I will miss those devil days. :o :twisted:
Checkmate.

Gram49
Addict

Unread post by Gram49 » September 29th, 2008, 12:46 am

I'm gonna be sad that i don't have CG to look forward to anymore but 2nd season of Gundam 00 should be starting in about a week or so which i'm also looking forward to a lot.

Catastrophe
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Catastrophe » September 29th, 2008, 12:48 am

ryujin wrote:I will miss those devil days. :o :twisted:
seconded.....

and.....................................................
yeah, though I really DIDN'T want Lellouche to die (because i thought it would be as lame as it could ever get) it turned out AWESOMELY well. almost broke a tear for Nunnally :P

and.....im not a theologist but.....maybe antichrist is the word you're looking for :wink:

R2 (8/10)
R1 (10/10)
"We want a game that's going to chop us the second we screw around, or just flatten us at its whim... until we finally beat it. They demand more of us, and we rise to the occasion because we're that good. And that feels good. And that's why we game."
Rus McLaughlin, IGN

Thalnos
Crack Addic!

Unread post by Thalnos » September 29th, 2008, 2:02 am

pchunter wrote:
I meant in general media, literature, etc, but this also happens in plenty of series.

And on another note I love how R2 created so many plot holes, and left so many things unexplained. So whatever the fuck happened to telling us CC's real name? Kallen's past? Her brother? Yeah. Hah, what a joke.

Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread post by Atriel » September 29th, 2008, 4:42 am

The ending was ok, i mean they were able to pull it out in a few chapters... still i like it and not at the same time.

Just because Lelouch died, that won't stop discrimination, wars and whatnot. Why? There are little persons that always want power. There will always be miserable people that in order to feel better try to make others more miserable than they are. Etc.

Being realistic, he just commited suicide.

And come on, you never knew if he was "good or evil"? Are you kidding? He was never "evil", he just happened to be smart enough to push his feelings aside when it mattered the most. I mean, he could've gone berserker and kill Rolo when he murdered Shirley, but he was smart enough to calm down and use him to his fullest. Pretty much the same with every single character he had to use. There is not a single instance where he doesn't show being hurt when someone close to him has to pay for what he does/did.

Suzaku lived. FUCK DAMN SHIT! (Excuse me <_<, i kinda hated him) I was overjoyed when his mech exploded. Surprise =D the little son of a bitch is alive.

C.C.? What's with her?

So, Karen went back to school after being part of a terrorist group? Woot, i'll try being a druglord.

As said there are some plotholes.

However, i can say that it was better than i expected.

Rating?
First season: 8
Second season: 6
Overall:7 (Good)