The mm forum unofficial Code Geass discussion [SPOILERS]

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

Season 3?

FUCK YEAH!!
60%
FUCK NO!!
40%

Total votes : 25

Unread postby Thalnos » September 29th, 2008, 5:29 am

You know Atriel, you really ARE the only person on this forum that I really can connect with. Seriously, you took my thoughts and actually explained them properly (instead of me just bitching).
"We have been the cowards lobbing cruise missiles from 2,000 miles away. That's cowardly. Staying in the airplane when it hits the building, say what you want about it, it's not cowardly." - Bill Maher
Thalnos
Crack Addic!

Unread postby teiglin » September 29th, 2008, 7:59 am

I agree the number of loose ends they left is frustrating, but I suppose I'm just a sucker for bad drama, since I quite enjoyed the ending despite its many failings. I find it sweet that most of the cast gets to continue with life happily thanks to Lulu's sacrifice, even though I think I'd have been happier if many of them were dead.

I don't really find the Lulu=Christ comparison particularly apt. Christ was executed by an oppressive government for promoting peace/religion, while Lulu was murdered by usurper/liberator for his (apparent) tyranny. He didn't die to atone for the sins of the people, merely as a symbol to draw their hatred away from each other. Martyrdom doesn't automatically make you a Christ figure.

Anyway, I think the main failing of R2 as a series was total lack of focus or cohesion in the story. We were sort of dragged along from one arc to another--first Lulu getting his memory back, then restoring Black Knights and trying to rescue Nunnally, then Nunnally suddenly is governer of Area 11, then Chinese Federation. They then start to go into insanity mode, with the return of Orange-kun, and while we finally got some welcome background on Geass/C.C/V.V, interleaved with drama about the high-ranking Knights, it's very unclear why and how the story is progressing. We're dragged through FLEIA and collapse of the Black Knights, and thrown through a complete loop with Marianne and the experiences in the World of C. By the time they introduced Zero Requiem, I'd given up hoping for any real sense to be made of the series and was just glad for a relatively pleasant wrap-up. I think a result of this generally muddled progression is that the second season especially is not something I'd ever want to re-watch. That said, it was very entertaining and I'd still highly recommend the series to others with the caveat that the second season is a little bit insane.
teiglin
Might just like this board

Unread postby Superflonic » September 29th, 2008, 2:32 pm

Only thing I can say, is that I am now in my grieving-period, like after every anime I ended.
Well, I suppose it's time for me to start the manga.

BUT PLEASE, I LOVE CODE GEASS SO MUCH, WHY MUST IT END.
This has to be the best anime I've ever seen. not that I have seen so many, but I can say that this was better than whatever I saw.
I mean, like everyone in this thread (nearly), we all couldn't decide whether Lelouch was just plain evil or actually very heroic.

Blahblahblah

Entering depression mode... now.
Candlejack, I wonder what hap
Superflonic
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Gram49 » September 29th, 2008, 3:24 pm

Although i still really enjoyed R2, i have to agree that the story line seemed more rushed than the first one and it did try to do too many things at once but overall, it still have those suspenseful endings like the first one which is what made it really interesting to watch.
Gram49
Addict

Unread postby Thalnos » September 29th, 2008, 5:26 pm

If anyone is curious as to why Code Trainwreck is known as Code Trainwreck:

http://trainwreck.ggkthx.org/2008/08/19 ... s-planned/
http://trainwreck.ggkthx.org/2008/08/20 ... -the-show/

Oh and it cracks me up that people think Ledouche is alive. Riiiiight, and
Spike's alive, too, amirite?
"We have been the cowards lobbing cruise missiles from 2,000 miles away. That's cowardly. Staying in the airplane when it hits the building, say what you want about it, it's not cowardly." - Bill Maher
Thalnos
Crack Addic!

Unread postby zweiterversuch » September 29th, 2008, 5:45 pm

Thalnos wrote:If anyone is curious as to why Code Trainwreck is known as Code Trainwreck:

http://trainwreck.ggkthx.org/2008/08/19 ... s-planned/
http://trainwreck.ggkthx.org/2008/08/20 ... -the-show/

Oh and it cracks me up that people think Ledouche is alive. Riiiiight, and

Ok, ok thalnos...CG R2 sucks, they could have done something better, the end sucks too, etc etc...

maybe the only thing I agree with you is that it is impossible for Lelouch to be alive.
C.C must be talking to herself.
Sorry for leluch...he died virgin...
http://visualnoveldai.com/
If you want to create your own visual novel go there!
Try it out, no compromise!
8 inches in a week!

btw Princess Tutu is still Awesome!!!
zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby Thalnos » September 29th, 2008, 6:04 pm

zweiterversuch wrote:maybe the only thing I agree with you is that it is impossible for Lelouch to be alive.
C.C must be talking to herself.
Sorry for leluch...he died virgin...

Thalnos
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Atriel » September 29th, 2008, 6:40 pm

That gave me a laugh :lol:
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby teiglin » September 30th, 2008, 12:43 am

Thalnos wrote:Oh and it cracks me up that people think Ledouche is alive. Riiiiight, and

Comparing Code Geass R2 to
Cowboy Bebop
is like comparing my high school video art project to a Hollywood film.
teiglin

Unread postby Mugen no Tsurugi » September 30th, 2008, 12:48 am

This is the general line of reasoning for showing why Lelouch is alive, and it seems to be accepted by many people who believe in the "Lelouch is alive" theory:

ImperialX:
"Alright, it seems that the last episode was pretty complex and out of most of the people I've talked to, a lot of people don't seems to get it. I'm going to tie up all the lose ends with this post.

The Code is the power of immortality, which C.C. has. The 98th Emperor of Britannia, Charles, has the Code. He transferred the Code to Lelouch while strangling him in episode 21. Lelouch wanted this, and he deliberately told Suzaku to not interfere.

However, the Code does not activate unless receiver dies first. This is shown when the nun kills C.C. after transferring the Code to her. Charle's Code activated when he shot himself. Here is one of the big misconceptions that most people have: The transfer of the Code does not involve death of the transferrer. The nun was crazy and killed herself after she transferred her code. VV was injured from the battle and died. So basically, after episode 21, Lelouch had Charle's Code (inactivated) and C.C's contracted Geass.

When Lelouch got stabbed by Zero/Suzaku at the end, his Code was activated. What supports this is that Nunnally got Lelouch's memories when she touched her, just like Lelouch did when he touched C.C. back in Narita. The only way this could have happened is his Code activating. This pretty much confirms that he has the Code.

Unlike C.C., and Charles, who lost their Geasses because the people who contracted them died, Lelouch didn't obtain C.C.'s Code and thus kept his Geass, while having the Code (which he obtained from Charles at the same time). Lelouch therefore has achieved CODE GEASS.

Basically, Lelouch is the person driving the cart in the last scene. He, who is now immortal, travels the brand new world he has created together with the also immortal C.C. C.C. talks to Lelouch in the end by saying: "Geass is the power of kings, it will isolate you? well, I guess thats a little wrong? eh, Lelouch?"

Now comes the second big misconception. A lot of people say C.C. was just talking to the dead like with Marianne, that?s not true. She could only talk to her because of the nature of her Geass which allowed her to implant herself into the "hearts" of others. That's how she was able to talk with Marianne. Lelouch's Geass was entirely different, meaning that she could only have spoken to him if he was there. Also, the fact that the cart driver is masking his features completely supports this fact, considering the fact that Lelouch is now considered dead."

I'd believe this.
Last edited by Mugen no Tsurugi on September 30th, 2008, 12:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mugen no Tsurugi

Unread postby Atriel » September 30th, 2008, 12:53 am

You know? It actually makes sense... but i don't really know too much about how Geass works and blah blah blah. Can't be sure, heh.
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby zweiterversuch » September 30th, 2008, 12:59 am

Mugen no tsurugi-san, Lelouch, isn't inmortal, is he?

I never, never saw or heard of him taking C.C's mark (the one on her forehead) and if he is, then the one who would die would be C.C. So or so a sad ending.

or did I miss something?
http://visualnoveldai.com/
If you want to create your own visual novel go there!
Try it out, no compromise!
8 inches in a week!

btw Princess Tutu is still Awesome!!!
zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby Gram49 » September 30th, 2008, 1:05 am

Hmmm....i still have a question....

Is there any actual proof or is it just conjecture that the code was given to him?

Also, how would someone know that the criteria to activating the code is to kill yourself first? It seems to me that maybe Charles could have just been toying with Lelouch by pretending to follow his geass and shoot himself (knowing that he was already immortal) and i don't quite remember if the nun killed CC or not.

If he was given the code though, then it was possible that Lelouch can fake his death so easily.
Gram49
Addict

Unread postby Mugen no Tsurugi » September 30th, 2008, 1:07 am

zweiterversuch wrote:Mugen no tsurugi-san, Lelouch, isn't inmortal, is he?

I never, never saw or heard of him taking C.C's mark (the one on her forehead) and if he is, then the one who would die would be C.C. So or so a sad ending.

or did I miss something?

Heehee you might want to reread the post if you think you missed something.

He doesn't have CC's code, but he has Charles' code. :wink:
Mugen no Tsurugi

Unread postby Thalnos » September 30th, 2008, 1:09 am

teiglin wrote:
Thalnos wrote:Oh and it cracks me up that people think Ledouche is alive. Riiiiight, and

Comparing Code Geass R2 to
Cowboy Bebop
is like comparing my high school video art project to a Hollywood film.

Well said.
Thalnos
Crack Addic!

Unread postby pchunter » September 30th, 2008, 2:53 am

Mugen no Tsurugi wrote:This is the general line of reasoning for showing why Lelouch is alive, and it seems to be accepted by many people who believe in the "Lelouch is alive" theory:

ImperialX:
"Alright, it seems that the last episode was pretty complex and out of most of the people I've talked to, a lot of people don't seems to get it. I'm going to tie up all the lose ends with this post.

The Code is the power of immortality, which C.C. has. The 98th Emperor of Britannia, Charles, has the Code. He transferred the Code to Lelouch while strangling him in episode 21. Lelouch wanted this, and he deliberately told Suzaku to not interfere.

However, the Code does not activate unless receiver dies first. This is shown when the nun kills C.C. after transferring the Code to her. Charle's Code activated when he shot himself. Here is one of the big misconceptions that most people have: The transfer of the Code does not involve death of the transferrer. The nun was crazy and killed herself after she transferred her code. VV was injured from the battle and died. So basically, after episode 21, Lelouch had Charle's Code (inactivated) and C.C's contracted Geass.

When Lelouch got stabbed by Zero/Suzaku at the end, his Code was activated. What supports this is that Nunnally got Lelouch's memories when she touched her, just like Lelouch did when he touched C.C. back in Narita. The only way this could have happened is his Code activating. This pretty much confirms that he has the Code.

Unlike C.C., and Charles, who lost their Geasses because the people who contracted them died, Lelouch didn't obtain C.C.'s Code and thus kept his Geass, while having the Code (which he obtained from Charles at the same time). Lelouch therefore has achieved CODE GEASS.

Basically, Lelouch is the person driving the cart in the last scene. He, who is now immortal, travels the brand new world he has created together with the also immortal C.C. C.C. talks to Lelouch in the end by saying: "Geass is the power of kings, it will isolate you? well, I guess thats a little wrong? eh, Lelouch?"

Now comes the second big misconception. A lot of people say C.C. was just talking to the dead like with Marianne, that?s not true. She could only talk to her because of the nature of her Geass which allowed her to implant herself into the "hearts" of others. That's how she was able to talk with Marianne. Lelouch's Geass was entirely different, meaning that she could only have spoken to him if he was there. Also, the fact that the cart driver is masking his features completely supports this fact, considering the fact that Lelouch is now considered dead."

I'd believe this.

great... but for now.. lets just end the whole series. please dont give us a S3.. just end it when its good...

btw who is ImperialX?
pchunter
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Thalnos » September 30th, 2008, 6:38 am

Geass Fans: So what is CC's name?

Sunrise: *laughs*
Thalnos
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Superflonic » September 30th, 2008, 2:53 pm

Thalnos wrote:Geass Fans: So what is CC's name?

Everytime someone asks for CC's name, Sunrise laughs. Hard.
Candlejack, I wonder what hap
Superflonic
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Thalnos » September 30th, 2008, 4:12 pm

Fans: For serious! CC's name! And what happened to Mewtwo in Brawl???

Sakurai: *laughs*
Thalnos
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » September 30th, 2008, 4:36 pm

Well now I really need to know what happened in the very last episode. I mean that's the only one I haven't watched as of late.

Although, I kind of wonder instead of them trying to attempt a 3rd season, I was wondering if they would do the spin-off series known as Nunally's Knightmare. I mean this is Sunrise we're talking about here they can only do two seasons at most without having a spin-off series. I mean take a look at the Gundam series they've done a lot of spin-off series there alone.

As for C.C.'s name well I have to say this. "C.C. is C.C. what more do you need to know?"
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat