Does your avatar have any meaning?

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

Does your avatar have any meaning?

Unread postby that one guy » September 3rd, 2008, 3:45 am

So yeah, just kind of curious as I've seen some good avatars and have gone "WTF does that mean?" In case you're wondering, mine is a sXe*straight edge* avatar. Straight Edge means I'm better than you no drugs, no drinking, and no permiscuous sex. Really, that's pretty much how I'd live my life regardless, but I kinda like all the art and such that comes with the name.
that one guy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby abscess » September 3rd, 2008, 5:52 am

Hmm.... a meaning... I did have one before that had a sort of meaning, which was sort of like a joke that apparently no one got. But this one...? Not really. I was just remembering mangas I read and Yotsuba just invaded my brain, then I thought "Yotsuba has a really round head and is quite strange for a kid". I liked the light-heartedness of the manga and found it quite funny, so I decided to have one of the weirdest characters of it as an avatar.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby ArchDemon » September 3rd, 2008, 10:35 am

Heh. Mine shows just how cute and cuddly I am, just like a cute little bunny rabbit~ ...... lol, not really.
ArchDemon
Executive Director

Unread postby Ciel » September 3rd, 2008, 11:38 am

mine is relevant to my interests, that's all. :o
Ciel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby ayadew » September 3rd, 2008, 12:37 pm

Ciel wrote:mine is relevant to my interests, that's all. :o
The instant I tear off your limbs, rip open your chest and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you ask for mercy, chewing through your eyes and spreading your brains on the ground like butter-------!
ayadew
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Einherjar » September 3rd, 2008, 1:09 pm

X & Zero Dancing. Nuff said.
"...Whatever."
"...Not interested."
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Catastrophe » September 3rd, 2008, 1:21 pm

Einherjar wrote:X & Zero Dancing. Nuff said.

cant.....look.......away....................make.......it.....STOOP!!!!!!!!

anyway, mine is the main symbol of the "Dragon Rouge" a secretyst (word exists? lol) sect based in north Europe a couple decades ago.
"We want a game that's going to chop us the second we screw around, or just flatten us at its whim... until we finally beat it. They demand more of us, and we rise to the occasion because we're that good. And that feels good. And that's why we game."
Rus McLaughlin, IGN
Catastrophe
DESU DESU!

Unread postby nanaya_shinya » September 3rd, 2008, 1:47 pm

Einherjar wrote:X & Zero Dancing. Nuff said.

I can't imagine them destroying Mavericks now after seeing this..

my avatar?
nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!

Location: Ahnenerbe Cafe, Beast's Lair branch, lurking the KanColle threads.

Unread postby Message » September 3rd, 2008, 2:38 pm

Einherjar, this isn't the first time I've had to remove an avatar of yours. This will be your last warning. Follow the rules or we'll be forced to ban you.

Unread postby drizzt_rocks » September 3rd, 2008, 2:51 pm

Umm what I am currently interested in ...
And the cutest anime character award goes to ... PINO
drizzt_rocks
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Balcerzak » September 3rd, 2008, 3:23 pm

My current avatar is a cropped and resized version of an artwork I commissioned of my (then current) Gaia Avatar.
My previous avatar was a cropped and resized version of an artwork that was gifted to me of my (then current) Gaia Avatar.
Future avatars will likely continue this trend.
(I've been considering changing to an avatar based off of this artwork, and may do so soon. Or I may make a new one, depending on the results of a commission I've ordered that's currently being worked on.)
Balcerzak
Crack Addic!

Unread postby ryujin » September 3rd, 2008, 4:55 pm

I think almost anybody who has played Bootfighter Windom can recognize my avatar in an instant, but for those who don't... my avatar is my favorite mech in Bootfighter Windom -

The...
KD-06 Asteroid Windom2000 SP1
Checkmate.
ryujin
Addict

Unread postby Sepheriel » September 3rd, 2008, 6:22 pm

Seconded.
Sepheriel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Atriel » September 3rd, 2008, 6:33 pm

Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Maes » September 3rd, 2008, 8:40 pm

This. And who can say no to Akiha dressed like that?
Maes
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Einherjar » September 3rd, 2008, 9:57 pm

Message wrote:Einherjar, this isn't the first time I've had to remove an avatar of yours. This will be your last warning. Follow the rules or we'll be forced to ban you.

I completely fails to understand what rule is this breaking. It's less than 100x100,

Annoying animated avatars are NOT allowed.
and I don't find it annoying at all (it's annoying just because it's dancing?? well, I guess I'm really behind with internet phenomenons). The only rule I'm breaking is the fact that YOU DON'T LIKE IT(since Annoying is an opinion. I don't find it annoying, but I'm probably wrong, now that I broke the rules). If this stands out, then pretty much every gif avatar stands out in some way (which would have been much easier to understand, since I ALWAYS read the rules. It just happens that I don't log on to the forum for a few weeks once in a while). I don't mind getting the pic removed, but seriously, after reading the rules section once again, it feels like it's full of traps, I'm not sure I can post freely now, since I feel I'll have to check it pretty much everytime I post anything.
Do not post or link to adult content of any kind unless related directly to a translation project.

Then the fan-art forums' outta go? (and please don't tell me it's work safe. Now that you mention it, the desktop wallpapers have some adult stuff also)

And I seriously don't remember getting my sigs/avatar removed, unless it was right after the rules change (which is really gay, since I wasn't there for the moment for it to be changed, or wasn't aware of the update).

Now if you'll excuse me:

This is the original avatar I've used in mirror moon forum in full size I believe (or was it Zero?)

it's directly edited from Ecthel's Disaresta via paint program. Still pretty shabby, since you can see still see some areas not completely black, but I'm lazy ;)
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby that one guy » September 4th, 2008, 12:48 am

Etchel....from Riviera?
that one guy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Atvaark » September 4th, 2008, 1:19 am

mine just shows how shy of a person i usually am. i opened up a bit in these forums though.
Atvaark
Crack Desu!

Unread postby nobaka » September 4th, 2008, 1:20 am

It's pretty self-explanatory, I think.
nobaka
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Einherjar » September 4th, 2008, 1:23 am

that one guy wrote:Etchel....from Riviera?

Yes, yes. ;)

Awesome to find out he is actually stronger than Serene with the same speed. and Disaresta deals 1.5 Serene's ultimate damage.

Etchel
1455 HP
140 STR
64 MGC
20 AGL
69 VIT

Serene
1410 HP
142 STR
72 MGC
20 AGL
65 VIT

Of course, Ein gets all those stat boosts (mana wisp in prologue, pulling swords, placing the hand in the lion statue, etc.) in events...
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Next

Return to General Chat