Anime Merchandise Discussion

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread post by Atriel » February 4th, 2009, 12:14 am

That Kallen is awesome <_<
If you disagree, you are wrong.

Catastrophe
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Catastrophe » February 4th, 2009, 12:40 am

lolipedofin wrote:Oopss... Looks like the picture of Tony Taka figure is too ecchi for this board... lol, i kinda forgot the limit of ecchi-ness rule in most board now that i spent some time at dannychoo and sankaku...
Tony....Taka.....figure......?
*rephrases mentally*
*rephrases mentally a second time*

WAIT, WHAAAAAT?????!!! :shock:
"We want a game that's going to chop us the second we screw around, or just flatten us at its whim... until we finally beat it. They demand more of us, and we rise to the occasion because we're that good. And that feels good. And that's why we game."
Rus McLaughlin, IGN

lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread post by lolipedofin » February 4th, 2009, 12:03 pm

Catastrophe wrote:
lolipedofin wrote:Oopss... Looks like the picture of Tony Taka figure is too ecchi for this board... lol, i kinda forgot the limit of ecchi-ness rule in most board now that i spent some time at dannychoo and sankaku...
Tony....Taka.....figure......?
*rephrases mentally*
*rephrases mentally a second time*

WAIT, WHAAAAAT?????!!! :shock:
lol... If what goes in your head is a figure of Tony Taka... then no. It's a figure of a character drawn by Tony Taka, that happens to be very NSFW, which i forgot that it's not permitted here...

Will post the direct link instead... but i will check the rule first, wheter it's allowed or not.

Turn out that even link is not allowed... I want to post the picture instead, but the picture is including a very skimpy bikini and the girl spreading her legs... And that particular pict was also deleted by Message, not just the cast-off one... I don't want to get banned... T.T

If you still curious just google, "Kotone Ousaka" with or without quote marks are fine... should lead you to the page at dannychoo.com

OOT:
And in case any of the mod should read this, just an input... I think rule number 3 should be clearer... what is adult material?? does topless considered adult material or only the bottom part that matters? Does it only regarding the clothes, or suggestive pose is also taken into consideration (e.g. Legs spread, or something along the line)?? Or is it it simply based on Moderator's judgment??

I have no problem which one it is... But i think link should be okay... as long as the site it direct to is not a specific adult site, or a really disturbing site... I guess something along the level of Sankakucomplex should still be okay... It's up to you guys though....
Uchi kaeru....

Catastrophe
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Catastrophe » February 4th, 2009, 3:07 pm

lolipedofin wrote:lol... If what goes in your head is a figure of Tony Taka...
lolololol , well... i think it was obvious that was not the case... :lol:
however i would need one for the adoration shrine im planning (lulz j/k)

...saw it already
well, im totally broke anyway so why do i bother? :(
"We want a game that's going to chop us the second we screw around, or just flatten us at its whim... until we finally beat it. They demand more of us, and we rise to the occasion because we're that good. And that feels good. And that's why we game."
Rus McLaughlin, IGN

Raven
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Raven » February 6th, 2009, 11:07 pm

Hey I'm looking for some anime calendar preferred in Japanese. Anyone know some good website to buy from?

I1nk
Crack Addic!

Unread post by I1nk » February 6th, 2009, 11:29 pm

Raven wrote:Hey I'm looking for some anime calendar preferred in Japanese. Anyone know some good website to buy from?
You can try this site http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/special/calendar/anime.html . The prices are in Yen though.

You can also try http://www.animecornerstore.com/2009calendars.html . But look for the word imported. The prices are in USD. Also they do not have that many.

I like the cdjapan site. It takes some time for them to send you the product, but it gets to you in perfect condition. Also they seems to only keep new items. If you spend a lot of money you will get some Yen back too. Just a thought.
"Night closed night, other night, night pain, night sink, is night/stay night."

lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread post by lolipedofin » February 7th, 2009, 12:18 am

Isn't it better to look for japanese based website for merchandises??? Well, I guess if you love in US, it's not much problem to look for US based store.... but other than that... I think it's better to go for Japanese based website...

Oh, if you planning to buy a lot of book as well, i recommend http://www.amazon.co.jp/. Some of their calendars (some, not all) are categorized as Japanese books. I got my CLANNAD calendar from them. But unless you are planning to buy tons of books -I bought around Y 24,000 last time- the shipping cost would be unbearable... -_-

Try looking http://www.hlj.com/ and Hobby Search as well...
Uchi kaeru....

I1nk
Crack Addic!

Unread post by I1nk » February 7th, 2009, 1:09 am

lolipedofin wrote:Isn't it better to look for japanese based website for merchandises??? Well, I guess if you love in US, it's not much problem to look for US based store.... but other than that... I think it's better to go for Japanese based website...

Oh, if you planning to buy a lot of book as well, i recommend http://www.amazon.co.jp/
I thought that there website dose not ship to the USA (well I don't know what country the person who asked about this is from, but I know CD Japan ships out of Japan). Correct me if I am wrong at this one.

Also CDJapan is a Japanese site. The link I gave is just to the English version. (I can't find the Japanese version anymore though) They are also stationed in Tokyo. Well That's where they ship the products from. They are also very reliable since there was a time when I didn't recieve a package, and I told them and they send me another one. I ended up paying for the other one since I found out the post office had the first package and well I didn't want to give up the second copy since the CD comes with post cards so I ended up keeping it too. Well I could have sent back the second, but the story here is that they are a nice site and English friendly.

If there is a way to use that site could you tell me how????? :?

Oh ya Anime in USA is a lot cheaper too. I saw Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei for like 7900 Yen. Well at Right Stuff has a really good sales. I got School Rumble for $7 a volume. It was a super cool deal. Also I noticed everything in Japan cost so much more. When I play a game in a arcade it costs 500 Yen, but the game was online and you sit in this big black ball and fight in Gundams. Man it was so fun and you even got a pilot card too. Man I got killed though like it was cool. But yes things in Japan cost a tad bit too much. Also I payed 5000 Yen for steak. But they do have some cheap stuff too like I got this GBA for 500 Yen. Yes that is no lie but it was used and well it was in a very good condition. So I could not pass that offer.

Food, clothes, some games, arcades (100-500 Yen per play) Pachinko (I never made money from this game:() and the list goes on. Even the taxis cost a lot, well it depends where you are though, but I do love the taxis over there compared to over here.

that one guy
Crack Desu!

Unread post by that one guy » February 7th, 2009, 1:28 am

Isn't Japans economy even further down the crap hole than the US's right now?

-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread post by -[J1N]- » February 7th, 2009, 11:13 am

Raven wrote:Hey I'm looking for some anime calendar preferred in Japanese. Anyone know some good website to buy from?
Order yourself an issue of CompAce, which includes a copy of a TYPE-MOON calendar, which runs for a year long!

I believe that's what the magazine is called when converted to English text...
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
--Book of Revelation 13:18

I1nk
Crack Addic!

Unread post by I1nk » February 7th, 2009, 4:13 pm

that one guy wrote:Isn't Japans economy even further down the crap hole than the US's right now?
Oh I do not know. I was just implying that the anime merchandise cost more in Japan then the States(Only for some items). Last time I was there though was in March 2008. So things could have changed by now. Anywho is anyone thinking about getting these cards? http://www.hlj.com/product/SIL04143

It looks very nice, but I have to wait till I get paid next :( . I am just aiming for a Kohaku card, but I believe my chances are high since it is 60000 Yen.

Raven
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Raven » February 8th, 2009, 12:29 am

Thing is most of the those calendar is English Calendar though, I prefer a Japanese one.

Oh and Jin, where can I subscribe to that magazine?

lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread post by lolipedofin » February 9th, 2009, 11:41 am

You can always subscribe to Japanese magazines at J-List, But i think buying at local Kinokuniya store is better, unless you live at US.

btw Jin, is that CompAce release TYPE-MOON calendar as bonus in one issue... or release each month calendar respective to the month it being released, and later those monthly calendar can be bundle together???
Uchi kaeru....

Nerroth
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Nerroth » February 9th, 2009, 11:16 pm

HG 0 Raiser inbound!

Time for some FINAL FUUUUUUUUSION!

-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread post by -[J1N]- » February 10th, 2009, 12:41 am

The calendar is a bonus that comes with one of the issues for the CompAce magazine, sorry if I made it sound confusing.

It comes in the 3rd issue of 2009, and for more ease, here's a link to the issue
http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10081088

The calendar is just about the same size as the one that came with the first issue of TYPE-MOON Ace, so it's not 'big', but it definitely looks good in a room.

EDIT: The dimensions for the calendar are 18cm across, and 26cm vertically. You'll most likely be hanging it up, so you could say its 52cm vertically, since both sides will be hanging down at once all the time.

680 yen... Cost me bloody 24.79AUD ><
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
--Book of Revelation 13:18

Nerroth
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Nerroth » February 16th, 2009, 4:09 am

One of two newcomers, but the first to be assembled - the Gundam Action Models 00 Gundam Trans-Am:

Alongside the HG 00:

And to compare with the HCMPro Exia SP:

inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread post by inferno_flamex » February 16th, 2009, 3:13 pm

HOLY CRAP...

I mean..
no offence tho...

BUt seriously...

HOLY CRAP!

That 00Gundam TransAM looks like crap! >_<

I mean.. seriously.. What part of that model looks like its picture counterpart?!

~EDIT~
Proof that you need to always color your gundams or any other model kits REGARDLESS...

Even Akatsuki...
Yeap.. I colored mine.. Did you? XDDD
"When a petanko hugs you, she's hugging closer to her heart"...
~:~:~
"There is no greater love, between a boy and his pillow"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_FT_c3IiQ

Nerroth
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Nerroth » February 17th, 2009, 4:09 am

The 00 is a cheap figure to introduce people to the line - it's not supposed to be good.

I only got it because it was cheap, and I didn't have a transam figure yet.

Anyway... the other new arrival, finally assembled - the Arios!

Transform!

In formation with the 0-Raiser:

Now, to wait for the GN Archer to come back into stock...

inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread post by inferno_flamex » February 17th, 2009, 9:28 am

Is it just me...

or did i notice the word "Figma" on those stands...

Call me oblivious or anything...

But from my understanding.. Gundams are GUNPLA products..

PS... @Nerroth..
What grade is that Arios in?
HG? It looks like HG... but the beam saber looks alittle too.. rod-like.. >_<
"When a petanko hugs you, she's hugging closer to her heart"...
"There is no greater love, between a boy and his pillow"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_FT_c3IiQ

I1nk
Crack Addic!

Unread post by I1nk » February 20th, 2009, 12:33 am

Woot I got my cards in today. Along with Chaos Head and When They Cry 3.
► Show Spoiler
Also can't wait till the Melty Blood game along with the fig collection to come in. Haven't been shipped yet though :(
This collection I can't wait till it comes in.

The one I am currently looking for is Rena's PVC. Hoping I can find it though. Going to try Yahoo next.

Also was hoping to find out what this little wood plate says. Link Any information is greatly appreciated. Yes me and Japanese writing has little rapport between us. For now.........
► Show Spoiler