Anime Merchandise Discussion

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

User avatar
Catastrophe
DESU DESU!
Posts: 734
Joined: December 18th, 2007, 3:40 am
Location: Trust me.... you DONT wanna know.

Unread post by Catastrophe » January 20th, 2009, 8:29 pm

OH MY GA--.....*faints*

Image

[edit]........*faints and convulses*
Image

preorder friday.....and then a long 5 month wait :(
[/edit]
Last edited by Catastrophe on January 21st, 2009, 4:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"We want a game that's going to chop us the second we screw around, or just flatten us at its whim... until we finally beat it. They demand more of us, and we rise to the occasion because we're that good. And that feels good. And that's why we game."
Rus McLaughlin, IGN

Atriel
OMEGA DESU!
Posts: 1030
Joined: October 21st, 2007, 3:49 am

Unread post by Atriel » January 20th, 2009, 9:30 pm

Kinda makes me wish i had the money to buy loads of figurines and still have money left for everything else. I've never been one to collect useless things but they are cute <-<

User avatar
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!
Posts: 915
Joined: May 31st, 2007, 12:04 am
Location: Lolitopia

Unread post by lolipedofin » January 23rd, 2009, 3:39 am

Image

Kittaaa~ !!!! It's finally up for pre-order... But omaigat!!?? Is she an expensive chick or what?? She will cost you as much as 9800 yen !!!! That's only 700 yen difference to the game + figma, and more expensive than the F/SN game itself...!! I was expecting something along 6000~7800, but this one really caught me off-guard... never imagine that a 1/8~1/7 figure could cost this much... is it the clothes, the caliburn, the avalon?? well, whatever it is, she is one expensive bitch... lololol.

Still gonna pre-order her though, not much of a Saber fans, but this is definitely must get... woohoo, she will look absolutely stunning alongside the Kaleido-Ruby Rin figure...!!

EDIT: Oops forgot something... For more pictures and details check the Goodsmile website. you might also want to check the discussion and feedback at dannychoo.com

Disclaimer: Enter at your own risk, I hold no responsibility for severe nosebleed, sudden faint and anemia...
Uchi kaeru....

User avatar
Catastrophe
DESU DESU!
Posts: 734
Joined: December 18th, 2007, 3:40 am
Location: Trust me.... you DONT wanna know.

Unread post by Catastrophe » January 23rd, 2009, 4:22 am

*reserves*


hey...its only 8800yen in the shop i use......that and the point stack discount......<8000yen :mrgreen:

...........+ shipment :cry: :cry: :cry:
"We want a game that's going to chop us the second we screw around, or just flatten us at its whim... until we finally beat it. They demand more of us, and we rise to the occasion because we're that good. And that feels good. And that's why we game."
Rus McLaughlin, IGN

User avatar
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!
Posts: 915
Joined: May 31st, 2007, 12:04 am
Location: Lolitopia

Unread post by lolipedofin » January 23rd, 2009, 4:33 am

Catastrophe wrote:*reserves*


hey...its only 8800yen in the shop i use......that and the point stack discount......<8000yen :mrgreen:

...........+ shipment :cry: :cry: :cry:
lolol... i assume you are using hobby search... 9800 yen is actually the official retail price... i think you can say it's the cap price for the figure... while in actuality it is seldomly cost as much.. if you check amazon co.jp, this figure is already up for pre-order with a 'discount' of 22%, that means somewhere around 7500 yen... I assume it's a marketing strategy with 2 aims:

1. So when it is released, customer would be like... Oh wow!! I got a good deal... a 2000++ yen discounts!!! While it's not really the case....

2. as a cap for market price, as well as a bumper... so when it is sold at a remote location at japan, or better yet, overseas... The price wouldn't shock people from buying it... for example if this saber lily figure reach Singapore and sold for 180 SGD (10,700 yen), people would think, hey this is cheap!! it's only 900 yen/15 SGD difference to the japanese price of 9800 (165 SGD), while it is actually sold in japan for price around 7500 yen (127 SGD) which mean 3000++ yen/ 50 SGD difference, which is freaking huge!!!


nonetheless... still gonna buy it... and i can't complaint much about figure at singapore... at least it is still much cheaper than back at Jakarta....
Uchi kaeru....

User avatar
Catastrophe
DESU DESU!
Posts: 734
Joined: December 18th, 2007, 3:40 am
Location: Trust me.... you DONT wanna know.

Unread post by Catastrophe » January 23rd, 2009, 2:46 pm

i think i understand your point, however i think the reason(s) is different from the ones you posted...

why would they post a "set" price if they arent gonna use it in first place?
however, the large distributors get an individual discount when they buy giant lots of merch directly from the manufacturer. (at least it works that way over here)

User avatar
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!
Posts: 915
Joined: May 31st, 2007, 12:04 am
Location: Lolitopia

Unread post by lolipedofin » January 23rd, 2009, 3:20 pm

Catastrophe wrote:i think i understand your point, however i think the reason(s) is different from the ones you posted...

why would they post a "set" price if they arent gonna use it in first place?
however, the large distributors get an individual discount when they buy giant lots of merch directly from the manufacturer. (at least it works that way over here)
For reason stated above.... how do you explain that no retail store in Japan, sells the figure in it's official price, except for online stores that ship overseas.. even then, they still put a slightly cheaper price to the official one... Just try in Amazon, or any online stores that put prices in yen, look for a figure that's selling at the official price.. non.
Uchi kaeru....

User avatar
Nerroth
Crack Desu!
Posts: 285
Joined: June 22nd, 2007, 1:35 am
Location: Ontario, Canada

Unread post by Nerroth » January 24th, 2009, 1:05 am

Sorry for the crappy pic - looks like Lyle has a few questions to answer...



Image

Gundam 00 s2 kinda-potential-spoiler:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!
Posts: 915
Joined: May 31st, 2007, 12:04 am
Location: Lolitopia

Unread post by lolipedofin » January 25th, 2009, 1:53 am

boohoo... The local store at Singapore i used to go for pre-ordering figure cannot take pre-order for Saber Lily!!! Apparently it was too popular, and it's a possibility that their distributor at Japan can only allocate them 6 copies of Saber Lily... T.T, and that's after some serious hardwork!! I'm 8th on the list... but now just to be safe... I already pre-ordered 2 at Hobby Search... probably will do the same at HLJ. I just hope that i can get it from the local store cause they got some pretty serious cheap price for figures !
Uchi kaeru....

User avatar
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!
Posts: 548
Joined: September 15th, 2007, 10:29 am
Location: Look outside your window

Unread post by -[J1N]- » January 29th, 2009, 6:41 am

Usually I'd pre-order everything and cry at how much I owe later on. Lately though, I've found it impossible to get anything imported, since everything is now twice as expensive (TWICE as expensive!) as it was a few months ago.

Here's a dilemma for you guys:

KnK DVDs 4 & 5, or the Saber Lily model?

Anyone wishing to get the Saber Lily should pre-order RIGHT NOW. F/SN fans may be rushing to get it, but people who have no idea who Saber Lily is are ordering it as well. That's how godly she is.
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
--Book of Revelation 13:18

User avatar
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!
Posts: 686
Joined: May 20th, 2007, 7:56 pm

Unread post by Mkilbride » January 29th, 2009, 8:16 pm

KnK of course!

Why would you need ANYTHING ELSE IN LIFE? I could watch the rooftop scene of the first episode 100 times and never get bored. That was one of the most epic fights in anything, EVER.

User avatar
Catastrophe
DESU DESU!
Posts: 734
Joined: December 18th, 2007, 3:40 am
Location: Trust me.... you DONT wanna know.

Unread post by Catastrophe » January 29th, 2009, 8:36 pm

Mkilbride wrote:KnK of course!

Why would you need ANYTHING ELSE IN LIFE? I could watch the rooftop scene of the first episode 100 times and never get bored. That was one of the most epic fights in anything, EVER.
thats true......however i think i can stay still looking at that saber for hours and never get bored.... :P
@ J1N.... I'd say..... flip a coin :roll:

[edit] Bunny Suit Kallen on the way!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: [/edit]
"We want a game that's going to chop us the second we screw around, or just flatten us at its whim... until we finally beat it. They demand more of us, and we rise to the occasion because we're that good. And that feels good. And that's why we game."
Rus McLaughlin, IGN

User avatar
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!
Posts: 915
Joined: May 31st, 2007, 12:04 am
Location: Lolitopia

Unread post by lolipedofin » January 30th, 2009, 3:36 pm

Catastrophe wrote: [edit] Bunny Suit Kallen on the way!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: [/edit]
Never been much fan of Kallen, but if there's any figure out there of C.C with bare Oshiri... I'll jump on it and lick all day long... XD

Kureha nendo is up for pre-order.... still bummed on missing her max factory release... also Rin GoodSmile, the one where she is shown dodging Berserker's attack....

Damn...I got so many figure on my wish list, both past and upcoming release... T.T

And i so want this one... But i guess i have to pass, the acquisition of Saber Lily and this in the same month will officially make me homeless...

(Images removed by MSG -- in violation of rule number 3.)
Uchi kaeru....

User avatar
Nerroth
Crack Desu!
Posts: 285
Joined: June 22nd, 2007, 1:35 am
Location: Ontario, Canada

Unread post by Nerroth » February 3rd, 2009, 5:58 pm

Newness.

Image

allanh
Crack Addic!
Posts: 155
Joined: January 29th, 2009, 9:46 am
Location: Avalon / Taiwan / Aus
Contact:

Unread post by allanh » February 3rd, 2009, 9:49 pm

Catastrophe wrote:OH MY GA--.....*faints*

Image

[edit]........*faints and convulses*
Image

preorder friday.....and then a long 5 month wait :(
[/edit]

wow.... is it from Akihabara? Japan here I come~~~
http://Miyazaki.com - my Hayao Miyazaki fan site
http://CityHunter.com- my City Hunter fan site
Saber-chan, come back to me~~~~~

allanh
Crack Addic!
Posts: 155
Joined: January 29th, 2009, 9:46 am
Location: Avalon / Taiwan / Aus
Contact:

Unread post by allanh » February 3rd, 2009, 9:51 pm

Nerroth wrote:New additions from Dot-Con:

Image

For comparison's sake:
► Show Spoiler
And more of Miku:
► Show Spoiler

Rin's panty hose is too long in this model ><
In VN and anime, you can see a lot of her thighs, which you can't see any in this
http://Miyazaki.com - my Hayao Miyazaki fan site
http://CityHunter.com- my City Hunter fan site
Saber-chan, come back to me~~~~~

User avatar
Nerroth
Crack Desu!
Posts: 285
Joined: June 22nd, 2007, 1:35 am
Location: Ontario, Canada

Unread post by Nerroth » February 3rd, 2009, 10:44 pm

All together now!

Image

Orders mixed up?

Image

Shana must like Korg, or something.

Image

Image
Last edited by Nerroth on February 3rd, 2009, 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Catastrophe
DESU DESU!
Posts: 734
Joined: December 18th, 2007, 3:40 am
Location: Trust me.... you DONT wanna know.

Unread post by Catastrophe » February 3rd, 2009, 10:47 pm

Catastrophe wrote:[edit] Bunny Suit Kallen on the way!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: [/edit]
arrived yesterday, and GOD SHE'S SEXY!
► Show Spoiler
"We want a game that's going to chop us the second we screw around, or just flatten us at its whim... until we finally beat it. They demand more of us, and we rise to the occasion because we're that good. And that feels good. And that's why we game."
Rus McLaughlin, IGN

User avatar
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!
Posts: 915
Joined: May 31st, 2007, 12:04 am
Location: Lolitopia

Unread post by lolipedofin » February 3rd, 2009, 11:40 pm

Oopss... Looks like the picture of Tony Taka figure is too ecchi for this board... lol, i kinda forgot the limit of ecchi-ness rule in most board now that i spent some time at dannychoo and sankaku...

Saber Lily?! How do you get that?? Yahoo auction Japan?? or did you bought the whole game?? I also just got my Saber Lion yesterday...^^

Hmmm... That Kallen is rather tempting...
Uchi kaeru....

User avatar
Nerroth
Crack Desu!
Posts: 285
Joined: June 22nd, 2007, 1:35 am
Location: Ontario, Canada

Unread post by Nerroth » February 4th, 2009, 12:12 am

I pre-ordered the special edition of Fate/Unlimited Codes back in September.

(More for the figure - I don't have a J-machine to play the game on, heh.)

Post Reply