Anime Merchandise Discussion

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby Nerroth » February 23rd, 2009, 6:20 pm

My collection has been Jinxed!

Although, someone has managed to get Ahead with a new beam saber...

...as has the suit belonging to a character I quite dislike right now.

A-lols and celestaal beeans:

Nerroth
Crack Desu!

Aozaki Toko - Kara no Kyoukai

Unread postby lolipedofin » February 25th, 2009, 5:04 am

Just up recently for preorder at Hobby Search

Geez... God... I'm speechless.... I can take it if it from Archer or Kiritsugu... but maaan... To feel emasculated by a woman... it's awful... but strangely good at the same time.....

Words can't explain, see for yourself... definitely equal Magical Rin as my favorite figure... well, ok, beat Rin by a fraction of a margin... Saber Lily follows on third...^^

It's out June, same month as Saber Lily... maker is Alter. 2 awesome TYPE-MOON figure out at the same month! gonna get both...^^

Ohh.. and retail price is 6800 yen... A cheaper alternative if you can't afford Lily... still expensive though... T.T

Sidenote: I'm not by any means endorsing Hobby Search... they just simply put it up first...
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Re: Aozaki Toko - Kara no Kyoukai

Unread postby Mkilbride » February 25th, 2009, 5:25 am

lolipedofin wrote:Just up recently for preorder at Hobby Search

Geez... God... I'm speechless.... I can take it if it from Archer or Kiritsugu... but maaan... To feel emasculated by a woman... it's awful... but strangely good at the same time.....

Words can't explain, see for yourself... definitely equal Magical Rin as my favorite figure... well, ok, beat Rin by a fraction of a margin... Saber Lily follows on third...^^

It's out June, same month as Saber Lily... maker is Alter. 2 awesome TYPE-MOON figure out at the same month! gonna get both...^^

Ohh.. and retail price is 6800 yen... A cheaper alternative if you can't afford Lily... still expensive though... T.T

Sidenote: I'm not by any means endorsing Hobby Search... they just simply put it up first...

That doll is a marketing tool for Cigarettes! It want's to make you smoke!.(Sorry for Off-topic, was watching that episode of Family Guy..."SMOKE!" "Are you smoking yet?!"
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby lolipedofin » February 25th, 2009, 10:27 am

lol yeah... just looking at the picture gives me the urge to chain smoke....^^

I can't wait to see how badly it affects my health once it parked on my display cabinet.... XD
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Atriel » February 25th, 2009, 7:37 pm

I'm GAR for Touko.

If that is possible, of course. If not, i'm attracted by her superior masculinty. And boobs. She's a man with boobs. She's so GAR she doesn't have to make sense at all.
Last edited by Atriel on March 8th, 2009, 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Watashimo » February 25th, 2009, 9:16 pm

Well, I finally got around to taking a picture of the figures I have. Here they are:

Edit: I might as well post all my anime merchandise.

"Hah, I see, I see! Yeah, thats so much more important than who my master is! You're right, kid!" - Lancer
"Therefore, give me tea." - Okazaki Tomoya.
Watashimo
Crack Desu!

Unread postby I1nk » February 26th, 2009, 2:42 am

Watashimo wrote:

Wow I really like that wall scroll you have there. J/W where did you get it from????

I see you have an Apple hmmmm is that a Windows computer next to it? J/K.
"Night closed night, other night, night pain, night sink, is night/stay night."
I1nk
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Watashimo » February 26th, 2009, 4:31 am

I got it a while ago, from amazon.com iirc. Yea, my laptop is a mac, but it was a graduation present. My desktop is windows though.
"Hah, I see, I see! Yeah, thats so much more important than who my master is! You're right, kid!" - Lancer
"Therefore, give me tea." - Okazaki Tomoya.
Watashimo
Crack Desu!

Unread postby lolipedofin » February 26th, 2009, 8:50 am

Does anyone here ever use deputy service for buying stuffs from yahoo auction japan or japan online stores??? Can you tell me, based on your knowledge and experience, what's the best to use???

I'm currently planning to use japamart.com, i got 2 alternatives in Shopping Mall Japan and Goody Japan... Japamart currently only cater yahoo auction, they can do deputy for online shop, but the comission rate is ridiculous... I don't mind using them though, as right now, I'm only using it for auction...^^

Does anyone have any advice or tip where to go for deputy service?? i don't know which one is more reliable, cheaper, and more trustworthy....
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Nerroth » February 27th, 2009, 9:13 pm

Got my GN Archer assembled today!

And she's awesome, just like her pilot.

Alongside Arios:

Taking on Andrei!

Transform!

Celestial Squadron

Gattai...

00 Archer

Woooooo!

And for Fate/Stay Night fans:

Finally, a Rin/Archer combo!

The RIN Archer...

...and her SabeRaiser ally!

Nerroth
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Catastrophe » March 2nd, 2009, 3:18 am

need a bit of help...looking for a worldwide shipping shop where i can find rather older figures...
"We want a game that's going to chop us the second we screw around, or just flatten us at its whim... until we finally beat it. They demand more of us, and we rise to the occasion because we're that good. And that feels good. And that's why we game."
Rus McLaughlin, IGN
Catastrophe
DESU DESU!

Unread postby I1nk » March 2nd, 2009, 3:51 am

Catastrophe wrote:need a bit of help...looking for a worldwide shipping shop where i can find rather older figures...

Have you tired http://auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/?

I found some old and hard to find Kohaku figs from them, also found the old MB and Re-act too. Something I have not been able to find anywhere else.

I believe the only place to find old stuff is at an auction site anywho.

Also there are some sellers on Ebay that claim to find items sold in local stores from Japan. (They claim to live in Japan) Since Japan have places like Yellow Submarine, they might be able to find that old fig or whatever you are looking for.

I used the word "claim" a lot since you will never really know if the person online is telling the truth or not. My little disclaimer.

By the way, what are you looking for???? :?

Good luck on your search. It may be a long one, but it will be more rewarding for the more difficult ones. It just makes the item more valuable.
I1nk
Crack Addic!

Unread postby -Shiki- » March 2nd, 2009, 4:10 am

Ugh..really hard to find figurines over here and even if i find them, the price is simply amazing..maybe i'm the poor one here :?
anyway, the only merchandise i have is tons of posters and artbooks..currently i only own Type moon character material,Fate complete material vol 1 and clannad art book..and also a fate stay night pocket watch..juz couldnt resist buyig it :lol:
well, my collection is still not that much..money comes hard as a student :o
-Shiki-
Addict

Unread postby lolipedofin » March 2nd, 2009, 11:32 am

I1nk wrote:
Catastrophe wrote:need a bit of help...looking for a worldwide shipping shop where i can find rather older figures...

Have you tired http://auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/?

I found some old and hard to find Kohaku figs from them, also found the old MB and Re-act too. Something I have not been able to find anywhere else.

I believe the only place to find old stuff is at an auction site anywho.

Also there are some sellers on Ebay that claim to find items sold in local stores from Japan. (They claim to live in Japan) Since Japan have places like Yellow Submarine, they might be able to find that old fig or whatever you are looking for.

I used the word "claim" a lot since you will never really know if the person online is telling the truth or not. My little disclaimer.

By the way, what are you looking for???? :?

Good luck on your search. It may be a long one, but it will be more rewarding for the more difficult ones. It just makes the item more valuable.

yup, just went on a spending spree on yahoo auction... It's my first time using a deputy service/proxy to bid at yahoo japan, and i splashhed bombed my dough there... what ironic is, my primary target, the reason why i use the service in the first place, i failed to get... It looks so cheap at first.. then suddenly in the last 20 minutes, a huge bidding war happened... T.T
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby inferno_flamex » March 2nd, 2009, 12:12 pm

lolipedofin wrote: It looks so cheap at first.. then suddenly in the last 20 minutes, a huge bidding war happened... T.T

That my friend.. Is called 'sniping'...

Its a regular occurance in any online auctions...

Some say that the person that disrupts your bid.. might just be the seller's 'alternate account'... Trying to steal off a slightly higher price for the product...
"When a petanko hugs you, she's hugging closer to her heart"...
~:~:~
"There is no greater love, between a boy and his pillow"
~:~:~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_FT_c3IiQ
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby lolipedofin » March 2nd, 2009, 2:50 pm

inferno_flamex wrote:
lolipedofin wrote: It looks so cheap at first.. then suddenly in the last 20 minutes, a huge bidding war happened... T.T

That my friend.. Is called 'sniping'...

Its a regular occurance in any online auctions...

Some say that the person that disrupts your bid.. might just be the seller's 'alternate account'... Trying to steal off a slightly higher price for the product...

Nope.. that's not sniping... sniping is actually an act that avoids a bidding war... to make a bid in the dying seconds, or even at the very last second, giving no chance to other bidder to outbid the sniper. While there are seller trying to raise the price of their own good, i think it's not as prevalent as people said it is... there's enough measure to prevent that...

Still going to get the item i want though, i already found 2 sellers and will definitely brag share some pictures of that acquisition here...^^ I only went to Yahoo Japan, because i thought i could secure better deal... until the bidding war scared me off... Well, it's predicted tho, the item was kinda old and rare, still a bit surprising for a second hand item to strike 4000 yen price, but oh well... In the end, yahoo japan proved to be catastrophic as I ended purchased tons of stuffs i don't intend to buy...

And btw Inferno, one of the item i was bidding on (not my primary target, just interested when i saw some of the deals...) was Saber Lily figma... some people open the price for it, mint in the box, including the game for only 1,000 yen... until of course bidding war at the last minute... i could still get her for 'only' 5,000 yen (80 SGD), but then decided not to since the 1/7 figure is coming to my place at June anyway.... ^^
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby I1nk » March 2nd, 2009, 8:22 pm

Wow. I never had anyone bid against me in yahoo auction. Well I guess I been lucky, or maybe the Kohaku fan base is a dieing breed. Who knows. Since the only thing I ever bought from that site has been Kohaku figs. I never really looked for anything else. But anywho in one or maybe two day my order will come in. Woot. I can't wait and since I will be at home for two days for getting my teeth pulled it will be a good time indeed. (Time off work.)

Well yes it can add up. It's funny that I paid more for the handling fee from the auction agent then I paid for the item. Other times it seems like the price will double when all the fees add up. Oh well.

I think the most I paid for a fig from there has been 20000 Yen. But hay it was a collection so I won't complain.

Ya if you are talking about a auction agent I like Rinkya. They might have a little fee here and there, but they have super customer support. That's all I really ask from a company. Since that Akibado has some of my Yen, but I have not been able to get it back from them. No one ever answers my email too. I wouldn't mind if they gave me a fee for taking it back, but hay 24500 Yen does hurt a little. Also it is hard to find someone who will ship internationally. Oh well that's what I get for not really looking over the TOS. Man I am so mad at myself for that.
I1nk
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Catastrophe » March 3rd, 2009, 12:00 am

I1nk wrote:what are you looking for???? :?

some of the older fsn figs...

...but they'll have to wait :lol:

[edit]i think is OBVIOUS the fact that i ordered it <.<[/edit]
"We want a game that's going to chop us the second we screw around, or just flatten us at its whim... until we finally beat it. They demand more of us, and we rise to the occasion because we're that good. And that feels good. And that's why we game."
Rus McLaughlin, IGN
Catastrophe
DESU DESU!

Unread postby lolipedofin » March 3rd, 2009, 3:53 am

wow... that C.C looks hawt indeed... but the pict i found at HLJ aren't that appealing... could you take some pict by your own and post it here so i can decide what to do...^^ I'm surely not gonna spend anymore money for this month anyway... :(
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby lolipedofin » March 4th, 2009, 1:06 pm

Gyaaaaaaaa....!!! XD

based on this illustration

Sorry, wallet... I shall fail you once again... T-T It's Miku as in Black Rock Shooter (or Brack Rock Shooter, or Brack Rock Chuuta, whatever your ear told you) I just can't pass it up....^^
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat