Anime Merchandise Discussion

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

Anime Merchandise Discussion

Unread postby Catastrophe » August 30th, 2008, 1:34 am

So, opened this thread to discuss what it says it will discuss.
questions?

things like: what's coming out, what do you own(want), where to buy, etc.

Ps: hopes this doesn't dies in a couple of weeks
"We want a game that's going to chop us the second we screw around, or just flatten us at its whim... until we finally beat it. They demand more of us, and we rise to the occasion because we're that good. And that feels good. And that's why we game."
Rus McLaughlin, IGN
Catastrophe
DESU DESU!

Unread postby AlinSabel » August 30th, 2008, 1:51 am

I don't own all that much, mainly because it's far too expensive to buy here in Australia and because I wasn't allowed to purchase too much when I was in Hong Kong. ;_; Blasted parents... blasted baggage limit...

Regardless, I have... some real cheap stuff. XD Let's work our way up. Some phone dangles (assorted characters), some small figurines (one inch tall, assorted characters), one Kyon no Imouto figurine (stands about 3 or so inches tall), one Nagato Yuki figurine (stands just a bit taller than the Kyon no Imouto one), one Suzumiya Haruhi figurine (3.5 inches?), one Asahina Mikuru figurine (similar to Haruhi's one, except her skirt is falling down! DX), one Archer figurine (4 inches, maybe).

Not much. ;_;

I wanted to buy a 1/100 gundam model, but it was too big to take home, what with everything else in my luggage... maybe next time? DX
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Raitei » August 30th, 2008, 2:22 am

AlinSabel wrote:I wanted to buy a 1/100 gundam model, but it was too big to take home, what with everything else in my luggage... maybe next time? DX
well, assemble it before you pack it to go home. then trash the box and the leftovers. :lol:

hmm, I'm a desperately limited guy in terms of otaku merchandise... only one 1/60 freedom gundam I have left in my room...
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread postby AlinSabel » August 30th, 2008, 2:29 am

Raitei wrote:well, assemble it before you pack it to go home. then trash the box and the leftovers. :lol:

hmm, I'm a desperately limited guy in terms of otaku merchandise... only one 1/60 freedom gundam I have left in my room...

I could do that, but I'd be scared bits would break off in transit, even if I packed clothes all around it. If I hadn't bought a laptop this time, I probably would have been able to have a bit more room in carry on baggage. Of course, we weren't sure if our baggage limit was American or Asian limits (we went via HK back to Australia), and the American limit is much, much larger than the Asian limit. We were fairly certain we could go by the American limit as it was part of the trip (it was classified as a stopover in HK), but in playing it safe, we couldn't bring another suitcase. ;_;
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Message » August 30th, 2008, 7:28 am

Unread postby Catastrophe » August 30th, 2008, 7:06 pm

well, seems i beat raitei in this at least <.<

right now i have my figma Saber and a gashapon Rei+Asuka (9 cm)
however this one will be arriving this week (she's so pretty :mrgreen: )

(must save up for figma Rin now, crap i was sure she was coming out in november or something D: )

ps: OH NOES, A BOT!!11!1!! :x "xiaotiansmile"
"We want a game that's going to chop us the second we screw around, or just flatten us at its whim... until we finally beat it. They demand more of us, and we rise to the occasion because we're that good. And that feels good. And that's why we game."
Rus McLaughlin, IGN
Catastrophe
DESU DESU!

Unread postby -[J1N]- » August 31st, 2008, 2:24 am

Catastrophe wrote:however this one will be arriving this week (she's so pretty :mrgreen: )

Ahh nice model you're getting there.

I'm waiting on my Saber Lily figma from the Unlimited Codes box, and this Hayate model (I'm getting it from my domestic seller, Tamarket, so shipping cost is cut ^ ^). Alter is amazing at making models

AlinSabel wrote:I don't own all that much, mainly because it's far too expensive to buy here in Australia and because I wasn't allowed to purchase too much when I was in Hong Kong. ;_; Blasted parents... blasted baggage limit...

I don't really think things are that expensive to get in Australia. There's sites like Tamarket and ozanimart that sell quite a range of things at a very reasonable price, and may be able to help you order something particular on request. If you live in the Sydney region, there's a newly opened store called Pinin. I come to this store to get them to help me order in almost any sort of merchandise. Australian people are quite lucky if you ask me (esp. those living near Melbourne and Sydney) because there's so many options available.
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
--Book of Revelation 13:18
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Atriel » August 31st, 2008, 2:59 am

I'm waiting to actually have a (good) job so i can become a full fledged otaku and buy all sorts of worthless (but shinny) stuff. For now, i'll stick with my videogame consoles.

@Catastrophe: Who's that girl?
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby AlinSabel » August 31st, 2008, 3:06 am

-[J1N]- wrote:I don't really think things are that expensive to get in Australia. There's sites like Tamarket and ozanimart that sell quite a range of things at a very reasonable price, and may be able to help you order something particular on request. If you live in the Sydney region, there's a newly opened store called Pinin. I come to this store to get them to help me order in almost any sort of merchandise. Australian people are quite lucky if you ask me (esp. those living near Melbourne and Sydney) because there's so many options available.

I'm in Queensland. ;_;

Well, I suppose Tamarket's alright, but when comparing with the prices in HK... ah, nothing can compare to Asia... Mind you, I was buying in the upscale part of HK too, no fakes for me! XD
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread postby -[J1N]- » August 31st, 2008, 5:20 am

Atriel wrote:@Catastrophe: Who's that girl?

That's quite likely Kallen/Karen from Code Geass. My personal favourite of the series =P

AlinSabel wrote:Well, I suppose Tamarket's alright, but when comparing with the prices in HK... ah, nothing can compare to Asia... Mind you, I was buying in the upscale part of HK too, no fakes for me! XD

I'm pretty opposed to buying fake stuff myself. I've got a few TM merchandise, and found out that one of them didn't contain one of those messages or images signifying 'official TM product' :!: . Yeah sure some companies may have made a fake logo with their product, but I try to check that it's authentic enough before I buy.

As for sites like Tamarket and all, just search around to check if it's official or not, or look for any shifty features on the model (aww c'mon it's not THAT hard to spot some) and you should be fine.
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
--Book of Revelation 13:18
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Catastrophe » August 31st, 2008, 10:46 pm

Atriel wrote:I'm waiting to actually have a (good) job so i can become a full fledged otaku and buy all sorts of worthless (but shinny) stuff. For now, i'll stick with my videogame consoles.

you should die and get raped twice for asking that question D:<

(read the above as: havent you watched code geass?!?!?! do it fucking now!! :evil: )
Edit: consoleS? how many do you have? :P

and man.... living this far from japan sux, is awful how a figure worth 2500 yen must have a 2100 yen shipping D:
Rus McLaughlin, IGN
Catastrophe
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Sepheriel » September 1st, 2008, 12:10 am

Catastrophe wrote:
Atriel wrote:I'm waiting to actually have a (good) job so i can become a full fledged otaku and buy all sorts of worthless (but shinny) stuff. For now, i'll stick with my videogame consoles.

you should die and get raped twice for asking that question D:<

(read the above as: havent you watched code geass?!?!?! do it fucking now!! :evil: )
Edit: consoleS? how many do you have? :P

and man.... living this far from japan sux, is awful how a figure worth 2500 yen must have a 2100 yen shipping D:

Amen to that. I HATE shipping charges from Japan.
Sepheriel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Atriel » September 1st, 2008, 2:22 am

I don't mind the raping part. If the rapers are hot chicks =D (Yeah right)

And yes, i have never seen, read or else Code Geass. I do hear a lot about it so i might as well just check it out.

As for the consoles, i have a Wii and an Xbox 360. I would have a PS3 too, if i could shit gold that is.

Wouldn't it be better to buy about 3 or 4 figurines and get them shipped together <_
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Sepheriel » September 1st, 2008, 5:18 am

Atriel wrote:I don't mind the raping part. If the rapers are hot chicks =D (Yeah right)

And yes, i have never seen, read or else Code Geass. I do hear a lot about it so i might as well just check it out.

As for the consoles, i have a Wii and an Xbox 360. I would have a PS3 too, if i could shit gold that is.

Wouldn't it be better to buy about 3 or 4 figurines and get them shipped together <_

Yep. Combined shipping for multiple items is cheaper than ordering separately.
Sepheriel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby lolipedofin » October 5th, 2008, 8:16 am

I don't have that much, other than some that i collect through gachapon... some bonuses from Dengeki G's, and once my dad brought me a complete pack of Gundam SEED Destiny chara figures and a SF 1/144 from his trip to Japan. Funny is, he bought them at Akihabara, if only he knew what 'else' is available in that place.. lol. I also went to Akiba once, but back then, i still yet to know the beauty of that place, hahaha.

I so want to collect Figma figures right now... Rin, Yuki, Kagami, Tsukasa and Hatsune Miku. I so need these 5, I'm still currently looking for online stores that ship these stuff from Japan with cheap shipment cost... because the price of these items at Singapore is a murder.... I thought Amazon.co.jp was about to save the day, until i read the bottom of the page that they don't ship figures (and eroge) to outside Japan. :(
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Thalnos » October 5th, 2008, 6:14 pm

I have three hug pillows (all 3 are loli, and all 3 are hentai)
I have 4 wallscrolls
I have 23 mini figures
I have 52 pvc figures/figma
I have a loli bed spread
I have 2 bookshelves worth of doujins that I've bought from varios expos in Japan and in Akiba
Oh and I have this CCS alarm clock that's really cute.
"We have been the cowards lobbing cruise missiles from 2,000 miles away. That's cowardly. Staying in the airplane when it hits the building, say what you want about it, it's not cowardly." - Bill Maher
Thalnos
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Catastrophe » October 7th, 2008, 10:32 pm

couldnt resist and preordered this one (january)
and i demand a pic(s) of Thalnos' stuff (or it didnt happen)
Rus McLaughlin, IGN
Catastrophe
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Atriel » October 8th, 2008, 4:15 am

^That one's awesome. But of course; as i have seen if it is about Karen it ends up being awesome.
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby puKKa » October 8th, 2008, 9:37 am

hlj.com, just add everything new to cart.
iddqd
puKKa
I kick on girls trying to kill me

Unread postby Thalnos » October 8th, 2008, 4:47 pm

Catastrophe wrote:couldnt resist and preordered this one (january)
and i demand a pic(s) of Thalnos' stuff (or it didnt happen)

I don't have a camera, and if you don't want to believe me, go ahead, I really don't care.
"We have been the cowards lobbing cruise missiles from 2,000 miles away. That's cowardly. Staying in the airplane when it hits the building, say what you want about it, it's not cowardly." - Bill Maher
Thalnos
Crack Addic!

Next

Return to General Chat