BlazBlue new game from ArcSysWorks

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

BlazBlue new game from ArcSysWorks

Unread postby Sepheriel » August 13th, 2008, 4:32 am

Please come to the states and be ported to the 360! Currently it is set as a PS3 Network exclusive. Anyone think it'll be brought to the 360?

Sepheriel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby abscess » August 13th, 2008, 4:41 am

It will probably come, but maybe as a PS3 exclusive, with luck ported to the 360 later, but whenever I see it I see Guilty Gear... Yeah, I know, it's made by the same guys, but they should have tried to make it different... it just looks like... another Guilty Gear... even that red guy seems like Sol so damn much!
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby AlinSabel » August 13th, 2008, 4:43 am

Interesting how a new fighter game would only be 2D. @_@ The GFX better make up for that... seeing as the PS3 is capable of a lot more than just a 2D fighter.
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Sepheriel » August 13th, 2008, 4:54 am

I'm sure it'll look great even if current consoles can do much more than a 2D fighting game. I don't want the 2D fighting genre to die at all. It'll probably be cheaper than 60 bucks seeing as how its being distributed through the PS Network.
Sepheriel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby ayadew » August 13th, 2008, 8:26 am

abscess wrote:It will probably come, but maybe as a PS3 exclusive, with luck ported to the 360 later, but whenever I see it I see Guilty Gear... Yeah, I know, it's made by the same guys, but they should have tried to make it different... it just looks like... another Guilty Gear... even that red guy seems like Sol so damn much!

At 2:54 he made a dragon install hehe
The instant I tear off your limbs, rip open your chest and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you ask for mercy, chewing through your eyes and spreading your brains on the ground like butter-------!
ayadew
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Chunky-MonkeyLOL » August 13th, 2008, 7:30 pm

I already got a chance to play it a few months ago, and I have to say it is going to be fucking awesome, unlike some of the more recent fighting shit that has come out.

And I doubt it'll be out on the 360. GL playing it with that shitty dpad. And lol stick. But if it is, and you get it, definately get a hori arcade stick. It would an insult to the game otherwise.
KILL! MAIM! BURN! - Kharn the Betrayer
Chunky-MonkeyLOL
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Einherjar » August 13th, 2008, 7:36 pm

The FPS seems a bit low. Maybe it's because they don't blur the motion with sprites. I'm too used to MB.
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Sepheriel » August 13th, 2008, 7:45 pm

Chunky-MonkeyLOL wrote:I already got a chance to play it a few months ago, and I have to say it is going to be fucking awesome, unlike some of the more recent fighting shit that has come out.

And I doubt it'll be out on the 360. GL playing it with that shitty dpad. And lol stick. But if it is, and you get it, definately get a hori arcade stick. It would an insult to the game otherwise.

I never play with the D-Pad in any fighting game nor with an arcade stick. I can't do moves and specials with the D-Pad as well as the joytick and I can't get used to an arcade stick.

Einherjar wrote:The FPS seems a bit low. Maybe it's because they don't blur the motion with sprites. I'm too used to MB.

Yeah I've never seen such smooth sprites and animations as in Melty Blood, kinda jaw-dropping when I first saw it.
Sepheriel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Chunky-MonkeyLOL » August 13th, 2008, 7:49 pm

Sepheriel wrote:I never play with the D-Pad in any fighting game nor with an arcade stick. I can't do moves and specials with the D-Pad as well as the joytick and I can't get used to an arcade stick.

lmao
Chunky-MonkeyLOL
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Sepheriel » August 13th, 2008, 10:06 pm

Chunky-MonkeyLOL wrote:
Sepheriel wrote:I never play with the D-Pad in any fighting game nor with an arcade stick. I can't do moves and specials with the D-Pad as well as the joytick and I can't get used to an arcade stick.

lmao

Why is that funny?
Sepheriel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Chunky-MonkeyLOL » August 13th, 2008, 10:24 pm

If you need to ask then...
Chunky-MonkeyLOL
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Sepheriel » August 14th, 2008, 12:32 am

Chunky-MonkeyLOL wrote:If you need to ask then...

It shouldn't matter how I play a fighting game. If one feel's comfortable playing a certain way, then they should do so. To me, it seems that you are acting elitist about something that one shouldn't act that way about.
Sepheriel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Chunky-MonkeyLOL » August 14th, 2008, 2:33 am

Fine then let me explain it to you so that maybe you'll get it:

you can't be taken seriously if you use a control stick for 2D fighters. 3D fighters as well, but not as badly. It has so many disadvantages that it's laughable. Input is far slower thus making the combos that aren't shit almost impossible to pull off. Good luck playing against someone who knows what he's doing and using a real control scheme.

And I am being elitist. Thank you for pointing out the fact that you're a lesser being, your life worth less than mine, by acknowledging the fact that I am, in fact "elite". I feel all the better now.
Chunky-MonkeyLOL
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Sepheriel » August 14th, 2008, 2:46 am

Chunky-MonkeyLOL wrote:Fine then let me explain it to you so that maybe you'll get it:

you can't be taken seriously if you use a control stick for 2D fighters. 3D fighters as well, but not as badly. It has so many disadvantages that it's laughable. Input is far slower thus making the combos that aren't shit almost impossible to pull off. Good luck playing against someone who knows what he's doing and using a real control scheme.

And I am being elitist. Thank you for pointing out the fact that you're a lesser being, your life worth less than mine, by acknowledging the fact that I am, in fact "elite". I feel all the better now.

Smooth with the sarcasm link. Anyway, I've not found it disadvantageous at all. In fact, everytime I was playing against someone the control stick helped me instead of hurt me. I'll admit that double-tapping and such is easier with the D-Pad but I usually just get used to it. Oh well, to each his own. Everyone is entitled to their own choices but I think criticizing someone based on what they chose is a little immature. I'm not trying to get a rise out of you, I'm just stating my opinion, as are you so let's just leave it at that.
Sepheriel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Chunky-MonkeyLOL » August 14th, 2008, 3:35 am

And I'm just saying that if you go to Evo and use a control stick, you'll get laughed at. From that point it is up to you to decide whether or not to give a shit.
Chunky-MonkeyLOL
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Einherjar » August 14th, 2008, 3:16 pm

Chunky-MonkeyLOL wrote:Fine then let me explain it to you so that maybe you'll get it:

How should I put this.
I'm most comfortable with my old keyboard (damn, I'm serious, it so easy to use), but now I got my new laptop, it's unplayable. So I started using a joypad. I admit, using a D-pad is much easier, but it kills my thumb. So I tried the stick. It's.. not so bad. 623 is a bitch to pull of facing left, but it's not as slow as you think. And heck, not many people are that into fighting games. So what if you have the advantage of using a D-pad? I would rather take what's most comfortable for me available. It's not that much of a drag down in the first place. Compared to Aniki (link) beating Ken (Marth) without using wavedash in SSBM, this is nothing. I'm guessing that you're the kind of person that doesn't choose a character until the tier list comes out and you have to choose the absolute top? Well, we prefer what we like better.
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby inferno_flamex » August 14th, 2008, 5:21 pm

This is an interview about a guy who.. is perhaps a true elite...

A SEGA 32bit d-pad was entrusted to his hand the moment he was able to grab things at age 5...
During the time when others would grab their milk bottles and toys... One boy sat in front of the TV and lo' and behold.. A legend is born.

It all started with a simple game of the iconic Pac-Man... Ghosts do not scare him, he ate them for breakfast everyday... A sign of things to come...

Then there was the game of Fire Shark... It taught the boy the feeling of going against an army... and to take no prisoners with a suicidal "BOMB!!!"

Then comes the first ever, revolutionary King Of Fighters... This is where it all began... With only three available heroes to choose from; Joe Higurashi, brothers Andy and Terry Bogard... He easilly defeated boss Geese Howard with a power knuckle on his first playthrough of the story mode... Everything else, was gaming history...

At age 11, he slowly began to look away from consoles and was faced with a new game platform. The PC provided more complex moves made easier with the help of multiple buttons... This of course was made to full use with the then (already old, but still) revolutionary FIFA 98 game... He later went on to dominate the PC in FIFA's later games.

At age 15... He was invited to a friend's house and was challenged to a Winning Eleven game due to his FIFA reputation in school. It was a game and platform that he DID NOT PLAYED BEFORE... That being the Playstation. The d-pad and control scheme was all very new to him, very different from the previous SEGA controller or PC keyboard. However at the end of the day... He won 5 out of the 6 matches he played... the first match where he was given a crash course on the controls while playing, ended as a draw.

It was also at that age that the first ever National gaming competition was introduced. The whole school was anticipating his involvement in the competition. However, he was forced NOT to enter because the final exams colided with the competition duration. However, ever since then he had never given the thought about entering local gaming competitions, realising that most local players there are 'mindless repititive machines' and not true gamers of game-manship.

Today...

He still remains undefeated in his favourite 2D VS game: Marvel VS Capcom 2...
With a (at least local) record breaking wins of 32 STRAIGHT 'HERE COMES NEW CHALLENGER' VICTORIES with only a SINGLE TOKEN in a public arcade.
His game name is still visible as 1st ranking in the local SoulCaliburIII arcade machine with the most points, using Kilik...

Although his time as a professional gamer might never come. He is a true elite that adapts when the situation calls for it... Never limited to any one 'way of gameplay', and plays at his own leisure regardless of what others may think...

When asked about his oppinion on the best type of game controller? Inferno answered...

"That would be... yourself. The type of controller never made the gamer... Game controllers come and go.. They add more buttons and shift things around. But the fighting spirit within oneself shall forever burn as long as there is the will to fight.

Even if the controller ends up being your own two fists in battle... The true mark of a fighting gamer has always been to depend on oneself!
"

Hmmm.. Guess i had too much coffee to drink at such late of a time at night... XDDDD
But events were true.. my bad... I believe the score STILL holds true... yeah...

Just added alitte too much of the 'story-telling' factor.. XDDDDD
So somebody please RATE MY INTERVIEW! Bwahahahaha...
"When a petanko hugs you, she's hugging closer to her heart"...
~:~:~
"There is no greater love, between a boy and his pillow"
~:~:~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_FT_c3IiQ
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Chunky-MonkeyLOL » August 14th, 2008, 7:47 pm

Einherjar wrote:I'm guessing that you're the kind of person that doesn't choose a character until the tier list comes out and you have to choose the absolute top? Well, we prefer what we like better.

lolno. I pick a character based on 3 things:

1. Character design
2. Fighting Style
3. If I'm "compatible" with that character (i.e. his/her play style fits mine)

When it comes to tiers, I really couldn't give two shits. It is like talking about what your 3dmark08 score is: just synthetics that rarely ever come into play. Sure I look and analyze tier lists and discuss them, but in general when picking a character, his/her place on the tier list is far from my concern. Hell I sometimes even use low tier characters just for the sake of showing that tier placing comes second to raw skill. And it is personal rule for me to never (or rather, rarely ever) play top tier characters or characters that a lot of other people play. I've never enjoyed being part of the "group" or "majority". The only exception I can even think of would be using Marth as a main a while back. But come brawl I switched over to Zelda, with Marth being my 2nd, so w/e.
Chunky-MonkeyLOL
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Sepheriel » August 14th, 2008, 9:40 pm

Chunky-MonkeyLOL wrote:
Einherjar wrote:I'm guessing that you're the kind of person that doesn't choose a character until the tier list comes out and you have to choose the absolute top? Well, we prefer what we like better.

lolno. I pick a character based on 3 things:

1. Character design
2. Fighting Style
3. If I'm "compatible" with that character (i.e. his/her play style fits mine)

When it comes to tiers, I really couldn't give two shits. It is like talking about what your 3dmark08 score is: just synthetics that rarely ever come into play. Sure I look and analyze tier lists and discuss them, but in general when picking a character, his/her place on the tier list is far from my concern. Hell I sometimes even use low tier characters just for the sake of showing that tier placing comes second to raw skill. And it is personal rule for me to never (or rather, rarely ever) play top tier characters or characters that a lot of other people play. I've never enjoyed being part of the "group" or "majority". The only exception I can even think of would be using Marth as a main a while back. But come brawl I switched over to Zelda, with Marth being my 2nd, so w/e.

Same here. My favorite character to play as in Guilty Gear is Ky just because I like him best. His design is cool and he fits my image of a cool fighter. I could care less about him being newb friendly or low tier or what not. I like Sol too but everyone uses him. I just like him cause he's badass. In Melee I always used Marth as soon as I unlocked him cause, again, I thought he was awesome (at that time I didn't know how awesome). Now I uses Ike as a main and Marth as a secondary. I agree with what you say 100 percent.
Sepheriel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Chunky-MonkeyLOL » August 14th, 2008, 11:01 pm

^I mained Ky until they introduced Baiken. Then I fell in love.
Chunky-MonkeyLOL
Crack Desu!

Next

Return to General Chat