POST YOUR ART HERE!!! or not.

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby zweiterversuch » August 17th, 2008, 12:08 pm

inferno_flamex wrote:Im mostly a mecha boy... Greatest inspiration would be GUNDAMS...
Although im a mecha boy... It DOES NOT mean that all i draw... are mecha drawings... I draw a wide array of characters/animals as well...
I find drawing 'action scenes' my forte, and i must admit that im still having trouble drawing... a girl's... titties just right.. -___- :oops:
(I NEED SOME REAL LIFE EXPERIENCE!!!) :lol:

But ALL ARE ORIGINAL...

I HATE.. I repeat.. HATE.. looking at a piece of poster/anime, and attempt to draw something of the same... Those drawings, are LIES!!! :evil:
I respect people who have talent in doing that sort of thing.. But i've never want to do work from someone's work... Unless i have a very very good reason to do so...

So do NOT under any circumstance, ask me to draw... Shirou, Archer.. nope.. not even Saber... Sorry..
(Hmm.. Well. Maybe METAL-Saber... Yeah.. DEFINITELY!!)


So what you'll see here are works that were done YEARS BACK... It was during the ancient times when i still had a working scanner.. XDDD

FIRST attempt at drawing oringinal mecha... S.O.U.L GUNDAM.


IMPROVED drawing of SOUL, includes specifications... Served as main reference for Book 1.


CLOSE-UP of improved SOUL...


Reference for Angel GUNDAM. Pretty HAWT for a gundam.. YES!? XDDD


First attempt for Centurion GUNDAM




As these drawings were drawn, perhaps 4years ago.. I believe i've improved quite significantly... Currently in finishing up my 2nd book and SOUL's look have gone immensely GAR than it is right here... Heheheheh...

Mechanical pencils are my friends... And those 'artistic pencil set' are, at least in my hands, Bull...




WOW.....
You are really really great!!!
http://visualnoveldai.com/
If you want to create your own visual novel go there!
Try it out, no compromise!
8 inches in a week!

btw Princess Tutu is still Awesome!!!
zweiterversuch
$dead
 
Posts: 1424
Joined: February 7th, 2008, 6:53 pm

Unread postby Sepheriel » August 18th, 2008, 1:51 am

inferno_flamex wrote:Im mostly a mecha boy... Greatest inspiration would be GUNDAMS...
Although im a mecha boy... It DOES NOT mean that all i draw... are mecha drawings... I draw a wide array of characters/animals as well...
I find drawing 'action scenes' my forte, and i must admit that im still having trouble drawing... a girl's... titties just right.. -___- :oops:
(I NEED SOME REAL LIFE EXPERIENCE!!!) :lol:

But ALL ARE ORIGINAL...

I HATE.. I repeat.. HATE.. looking at a piece of poster/anime, and attempt to draw something of the same... Those drawings, are LIES!!! :evil:
I respect people who have talent in doing that sort of thing.. But i've never want to do work from someone's work... Unless i have a very very good reason to do so...

So do NOT under any circumstance, ask me to draw... Shirou, Archer.. nope.. not even Saber... Sorry..
(Hmm.. Well. Maybe METAL-Saber... Yeah.. DEFINITELY!!)


So what you'll see here are works that were done YEARS BACK... It was during the ancient times when i still had a working scanner.. XDDD

FIRST attempt at drawing oringinal mecha... S.O.U.L GUNDAM.


IMPROVED drawing of SOUL, includes specifications... Served as main reference for Book 1.


CLOSE-UP of improved SOUL...


Reference for Angel GUNDAM. Pretty HAWT for a gundam.. YES!? XDDD


First attempt for Centurion GUNDAM




As these drawings were drawn, perhaps 4years ago.. I believe i've improved quite significantly... Currently in finishing up my 2nd book and SOUL's look have gone immensely GAR than it is right here... Heheheheh...

Mechanical pencils are my friends... And those 'artistic pencil set' are, at least in my hands, Bull...


Sweet designs! Not bad at all.
User avatar
Sepheriel
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 433
Joined: July 1st, 2008, 5:41 am
Location: Avalon

Unread postby D4rks0ul » August 24th, 2008, 2:15 pm

Finally, 1 hoour work is done :D the next Mustang :P



The Hood is, uhh , kinda to high ;)

Mfg DS
T?F & BluB
D4rks0ul
Might just like this board
 
Posts: 54
Joined: August 17th, 2008, 5:56 am
Location: im nirgendwo namens riesburg

Unread postby zweiterversuch » November 14th, 2008, 10:27 pm

These are from my teacher!

Masta!!!

http://visualnoveldai.com/
If you want to create your own visual novel go there!
Try it out, no compromise!
8 inches in a week!

btw Princess Tutu is still Awesome!!!
zweiterversuch
$dead
 
Posts: 1424
Joined: February 7th, 2008, 6:53 pm

Unread postby abscess » November 15th, 2008, 1:35 am

o-shi
Lookin' good!
Glad to see this thread alive again. I started working on something but didn't find the thread (didn't look too much for it either...), problem is my scanner died on me a month ago...
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
User avatar
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx
 
Posts: 1939
Joined: April 25th, 2008, 10:08 am
Location: Parmistan lol

Unread postby Atriel » November 15th, 2008, 2:13 am

I just fucked up one picture with water colors. To be expected since i had never used them.
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!
 
Posts: 1030
Joined: October 21st, 2007, 3:49 am

Unread postby AvatarofRage » November 15th, 2008, 6:12 am

http://account-hijacker.deviantart.com/

My photography, and a couple of motivators I made when I was bored a while back.

Can't draw to save my life but I'm quite pleased with some of my photos
AvatarofRage
Crack Addic!
 
Posts: 138
Joined: August 23rd, 2008, 9:06 am

Unread postby X-Calibar » November 16th, 2008, 6:20 am

Hmm... well here's a picture I photoshopped together from X art for my youtube account lol :

Original pics that made it possible :
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y133/X ... LATION.jpg

EDIT: Oh! One more, this one I made from scratch in Photoshop.

Demonicus/Galbalan, based off the Ys 3 : Wanderers from Ys SNES game...
1680x1050 :

Here's a crappy quality youtube video to get an idea of what he looks like lol
User avatar
X-Calibar
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 305
Joined: April 20th, 2007, 5:27 am

Unread postby xthr » November 16th, 2008, 7:59 am

X-Calibar wrote:Demonicus/Galbalan, based off the Ys 3 : Wanderers from Ys SNES game...
1680x1050 :

Here's a crappy quality youtube video to get an idea of what he looks like lol

That's pretty sick if you made it from scratch lol.


I got some fanart posted under typemoon fanfics, but I guess I can post some other crap here.



^Doodle I did a couple years ago




^lolspeed painting to freak out my roommate. Doesn't like blood much :p



^25 min study in photoshop of some random photo. Didn't really bother rendering it.


^line art for a gouache drawing. I actually already painted it, but I don't have it scanned/photo'd. Kinda a pity, cuz I liked it.


^This one I really liked. It was pretty recent, and I think it looks pretty nice/professional. I'm definately keeping it for my portfolio if I ever get the chance to make one lol.

Other stuff are in fanart corner. Too lazy to repost it, altho i definately like it more than some of the random crap i have around here
xthr
Crack Addic!
 
Posts: 215
Joined: November 9th, 2008, 8:53 am

Unread postby nanaya_shinya » November 16th, 2008, 8:09 am

HOLY GRAIL ON A STICK!

This guy is AWESOME!
!すでのな
User avatar
nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!
 
Posts: 1177
Joined: July 25th, 2008, 11:46 am
Location: Ahnenerbe Cafe, Beast's Lair branch, lurking the KanColle threads.

Unread postby zweiterversuch » November 16th, 2008, 2:41 pm

nanaya_shinya wrote:HOLY GRAIL ON A STICK!

This guy is AWESOME!


I second that with all my might!
http://visualnoveldai.com/
If you want to create your own visual novel go there!
Try it out, no compromise!
8 inches in a week!

btw Princess Tutu is still Awesome!!!
zweiterversuch
$dead
 
Posts: 1424
Joined: February 7th, 2008, 6:53 pm

Unread postby nanaya_shinya » November 16th, 2008, 3:47 pm

xthr, I now dub thee.... a GARtist!
!すでのな
User avatar
nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!
 
Posts: 1177
Joined: July 25th, 2008, 11:46 am
Location: Ahnenerbe Cafe, Beast's Lair branch, lurking the KanColle threads.

Unread postby X-Calibar » November 16th, 2008, 6:35 pm

xthr wrote:That's pretty sick if you made it from scratch lol.

Thanks, it started abstract, but once I saw it taking shape I tried to make it into something :)
I miss doing art related things lol

Oh, and I love that techvalleysmallsi7.jpg pic~ Definitely official artwork for some commercial project ;)

EDIT:
Here's a pretty weird picture of mine I did for school a while back (scratch from PS and a pic I took) :

and just another random abstract :


And a couple Morrowind pictures I created from screenshots I took :



User avatar
X-Calibar
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 305
Joined: April 20th, 2007, 5:27 am

Unread postby xthr » November 16th, 2008, 10:30 pm

I really like the first morrowind picture, it has nice color and composition.

Uhm if you guys have the time and patience, read through this site:
http://www.huevaluechroma.com/

It's... really good for color composition. It's written in a text book manner tho, so it's kinda hard to get through. It really helps though. It doesn't matter if you are drawing or taking photos or doing photomanips, a basic color theory is awesome to have
xthr
Crack Addic!
 
Posts: 215
Joined: November 9th, 2008, 8:53 am

Unread postby xthr » November 27th, 2008, 9:25 pm

Lol I just got home in SD. While digging around in my harddrive, I found an picture I did a while ago. It's nothing great, but I think some of you might find it funny.

This was done while I was playing ragnarok online, just after watching the dark knight and completing Tsukihime.

xthr
Crack Addic!
 
Posts: 215
Joined: November 9th, 2008, 8:53 am

Unread postby zweiterversuch » November 27th, 2008, 9:56 pm

xthr wrote:Lol I just got home in SD. While digging around in my harddrive, I found an picture I did a while ago. It's nothing great, but I think some of you might find it funny.

This was done while I was playing ragnarok online, just after watching the dark knight and completing Tsukihime.



Funny thought...

"Why so serious?"

"well...you have blood coming out from your mouth and one of the blood vessels in your eyes seems to have exploded. I think...I shouldn't laugh about it..."

by the way, who is the cute little one? I really loved that one. You mind if I save it?
http://visualnoveldai.com/
If you want to create your own visual novel go there!
Try it out, no compromise!
8 inches in a week!

btw Princess Tutu is still Awesome!!!
zweiterversuch
$dead
 
Posts: 1424
Joined: February 7th, 2008, 6:53 pm

Unread postby xthr » November 27th, 2008, 11:06 pm

zweiterversuch wrote:by the way, who is the cute little one? I really loved that one. You mind if I save it?


o_O? *not sure what you are talking about*
xthr
Crack Addic!
 
Posts: 215
Joined: November 9th, 2008, 8:53 am

Unread postby Ailtin » November 28th, 2008, 4:46 pm

X-Calibar wrote:
xthr wrote:That's pretty sick if you made it from scratch lol.

Thanks, it started abstract, but once I saw it taking shape I tried to make it into something :)
I miss doing art related things lol

Oh, and I love that techvalleysmallsi7.jpg pic~ Definitely official artwork for some commercial project ;)

EDIT:
Here's a pretty weird picture of mine I did for school a while back (scratch from PS and a pic I took) :

and just another random abstract :


And a couple Morrowind pictures I created from screenshots I took :






Wow that Pictures are great. I really love the last one of Vivec :D
User avatar
Ailtin
Might just like this board
 
Posts: 54
Joined: November 16th, 2008, 2:40 pm
Location: Fuyuki City

Unread postby xthr » November 28th, 2008, 10:56 pm

I found some more stuff of mine done when I was playing Ragnarok/Mabinogi:



xthr
Crack Addic!
 
Posts: 215
Joined: November 9th, 2008, 8:53 am

Unread postby X-Calibar » November 29th, 2008, 2:01 am

Nice knight xthr! He looks a little awkward, but it doesn't feel unnatural.

Hmmm this is the share some kind of creative stuff you've done thread right?
Well I helped with the Utawarerumono image editing :)
The goal was to make it look exactly like the original except in english...
I think I did a pretty good job! I was happy with how it turned out...
example :
Image
*note the Uninvited Ones~Yamayura village~ was not my work* The rest you see is though.
Image
Image
In the end I decided the all caps titles captured the original look better.


@Aitlin - That last picture was one of my first lol. Still probably my fav MW pic.

Speaking of Morrowind... Rant ahead :
Attacking the Redoran Fort!
Morrowind is a fun game, but it's ridiculous how powerful you can get; even without mods! This picture should say it all :
Image
I was assigned a quest near the end of the game to attack the Redoran defending this fort... Well... lol
I just anime style, lit up the place with a couple choice spells and it was over in an instant lol Talk about overkill...
[Yeah, at that point in the game I was acting like it was an anime : Fly high above my quest destination, send a few spells of my Daedric Towershield SPELL BOOK lol [yes I collected all the shields I could find and enchanted each TowerShield with various ridiciulously powerful spells... no cheating]] and proceeded to level everything in sight. Sick!

Image
My character was an odd one. He or was it a she... Was an Argonian who hid their face with a human-like disguise...
Notice the face... then the CLAWED hands ! lol
Ahhh I miss the carefree days.


Hmm.. one more thing.
I was hoping to build this city in a mod I started :

That's a mock-up I made of what it'd look like from a distance... Daedric Sanctuary mod :O

And a prop I use to get people's attention for the mod lol First thing I tried to make was an oblivion like gate...
User avatar
X-Calibar
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 305
Joined: April 20th, 2007, 5:27 am

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron