Who is your favorite Touhou character?

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

Reimu Hakurei
21%
Marisa Kirisame
16%
Sakuya Izayoi
5%
Yukari Yakumo
11%
Alice Margatroid
5%
Remilia Scarlet
5%
Youmu Konpaku
11%
Yuyuko Saigyouji
No votes
Patchouli Knowledge
11%
Reisen Udongein Inaba
16%

Total votes : 19

Unread postby Sepheriel » August 5th, 2008, 10:11 pm

I figure quite of few members of the forum play the Touhou games, so I was wondering who is your favorite character. Also state why she is your favorite character. This DOES NOT include characters from Immaterial and Missing Power and Scarlet Weather Rhapsody. I'd would have to say my favorite character is either Marisa or Sakuya. Marisa because of her attitude and her attacks (Final Master Spark anyone?) and Sakuya because who doesn't like a chick with knives???
Sepheriel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Cat Megex » August 5th, 2008, 10:58 pm

I've only played the first and sixth games (don't remember the first one's name, but the other one was The Embodiment of Scarlet Devil), and I haven't successfully finished either of them (haven't gotten to the final boss in th06), but from the limited characters I know, I'd have to say my favorite is Reimu, both because of her homing attack and because she wears a Hanyuu-like miko outfit. XD
Cat Megex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Shikiller » August 6th, 2008, 2:09 am

Yukari, i like her laid back personality, plus she is smart and very fucking powerful.
Shikiller
Crack Desu!

Unread postby -[J1N]- » August 6th, 2008, 5:50 am

I'm a fanboy of the fangirl of Sakuya, also known as Youmu.

For me, it was one of those moments where you look at a character and you think 'yeah, I like her most'. It wasn't just cause she was loli! (She's over 30 after all :lol:) My first th game was IN, so I guess it started from that.
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
--Book of Revelation 13:18
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Ciel » August 6th, 2008, 9:59 am

out of the list i like remilia the most. loli vampires are awesome.

but from all of them i also like shinki, cirno, mokou, letty and few others, so it's hard to decide.
Ciel
Crack Desu!

Re: Who is your favorite Touhou character?

Unread postby kranchroy » August 5th, 2010, 10:41 am

Yuyuko Saigyouji... She seems so easy living and happy, but she can also be intelligent and serious when the need arises. Hes story is so sad and yet she is always a happy nature. She is beautiful, graceful, eager for a ghost, and my favorite character:) Her battle is also epic and fun.
kranchroy
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » August 6th, 2010, 4:43 pm

I don't know why bt I'm kind of supprised that this actually got posted up here. It seems the influence of this Bullet Hell series is ever growing. Personally I like the members of Team ⑨ since they are rather fun to either play or fun to fight against. Of course I can't forget about Okku since some things about her have it were she goes well with Cirno.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Zensunni » August 23rd, 2010, 10:50 pm

Yeah this is a bit of a random poll for these forums. Besides you can't fit even a quarter of the characters. But I'll go with Reimu, the mistress of barriers, orbs and armpits.
Zensunni
Addict

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » August 26th, 2010, 5:17 am

Zensunni wrote:Yeah this is a bit of a random poll for these forums. Besides you can't fit even a quarter of the characters. But I'll go with Reimu, the mistress of barriers, orbs and armpits.

So in other words you want Yukari's little plaything. It seems the waki waki miko has a rather odd following.

In any case it still feels rather off seeing a (in)famous danmaku series being talking talked about on this very site. I think the infection of the series is spreading further than I actually thought. lol

Still I'm supprised that since Yukari is on the poll that Ran and Cheeeen isn't even on there at all.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby I1nk » August 27th, 2010, 1:10 am

I choose Marisa Kirisame for the sake of the poll, but I do really like Cirno.
"Night closed night, other night, night pain, night sink, is night/stay night."
I1nk
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Uberoy » August 28th, 2010, 7:39 pm

No love for the puppet-master? ;_;
But I shall forgive you. Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained.
Uberoy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » August 29th, 2010, 3:07 pm

Well she has Shanghai along with finding ways to get Marsia into her home at times. Heck she even admits in Imperishable Night (IN) that she is yuri over Marsia, since she was paired up to fight along with her in that game. So I think if you like Alice you're saying that you like Marsia and Alice it would seem. lol

In any case a poll for these characters is too small since there are so many of them, and most of them are playable at one point. I'm just supprised that "Good Girl" Sanae isn't on this list or anyone from the Moriya Shrine. Also, it would seem that the Baka Fairy's new game is more along the line of a hybrid of Phantasmagoria of Flower View (PoFV) and, Aya's perosnal game, Shoot the Bullet (StB). Which makes me wonder if the guy who makes this game is going with the fan favorite Cirno more now, since this would be her second game where she was considered as a main character.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby Chaos Chaud » September 24th, 2010, 7:42 pm

Reimu for the poll's sake, but would choose Keine first and Mokou as a second, then Reimu as a third
"Let Chaos consume your soul, and you won't be neither good nor evil, neither light nor darkness. You will be hollow, will be future, will be freedom." -Chaos Chaud
"You defeat him" -GARcher
"Drown in your ideals and die" -GARcher
"My spine hurts. My body is cold. My fingers are frozen. Yet, my brain burns with fire."- T. Shiki
Chaos Chaud
Crack Desu!

Unread postby sushimonster » September 25th, 2010, 12:59 am

Sorry to be a little off topic here.
But I was given a Nendoroid Touhou figure by a relative visiting from Japan.

The packaging seems... iffy..? Is this a genuine figure? I know it is a figure of Reimu Hakurei, but thought the retail packaging was something with a see-through window thing?

Here's a pic I took of it.

Getting back on topic...
I'd prefer to vote for Reimu any day though, just because she's been on the game for like, ever...?
Image editor for the Fate/hollow ataraxia English Translation Project (mirrormoon is NOT translating)

DJMax Korea Veteran Elite Member (Top 350)
sushimonster
Crack Addic!

Return to General Chat