The Soul Calibur IV Thread

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby abscess » August 13th, 2008, 11:03 am

ayadew wrote:Well yes, those things still look great, but the rest has just gone downwards :(
pic

She should put on some more armor and remove all those breast implants she's used!

Holy SHITE, Man! That is one HUUUUGE (and great :D dl'ing) pic!
Maybe her new breast implants are intended to be used as a cushion when she is attacked? :lol: Well, it could happen.
Anyway, yeah, she looks more and more like a cheap stripper every new game, obviously to appeal to prepubescent teenagers and horny males alike, but I, too, would be thankful if it was taken a bit more seriously. Even if it is a game, the suspension of disbilief can only go so far, and this is starting to look.... well, very weird.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Chunky-MonkeyLOL » August 13th, 2008, 7:31 pm

All I'm going to say is that I would love to have her breasts envelope my cock.
KILL! MAIM! BURN! - Kharn the Betrayer
Chunky-MonkeyLOL
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Jatts » August 13th, 2008, 8:03 pm

I'm getting it tomorrow, YAY!
Jatts
Addict

Unread postby ayadew » August 13th, 2008, 10:02 pm

Chunky-MonkeyLOL wrote:All I'm going to say is that I would love to have her breasts envelope my cock.

By her personality she'd force you to eat cock before you could do anything to object
The instant I tear off your limbs, rip open your chest and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you ask for mercy, chewing through your eyes and spreading your brains on the ground like butter-------!
ayadew
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Chunky-MonkeyLOL » August 13th, 2008, 10:26 pm

ayadew wrote:
Chunky-MonkeyLOL wrote:All I'm going to say is that I would love to have her breasts envelope my cock.

By her personality she'd force you to eat cock before you could do anything to object

I would love to eat her cock if it means that I get some fun time with her. Hell even if I didn't, I'd still want to suck her off. Mmm...futa Ivy. Shit now I've got a hardon.
Chunky-MonkeyLOL
Crack Desu!

Unread postby inferno_flamex » August 14th, 2008, 11:05 am

Chunky-MonkeyLOL wrote:
ayadew wrote:

I would love to eat her cock if it means that I get some fun time with her. Hell even if I didn't, I'd still want to suck her off. Mmm...futa Ivy. Shit now I've got a hardon.

Umm.. Nope.. I think she would use that weapon to snake through YOURS.. and forcibilly shove it in your mouth... I hope your size is smaller than average if that were to happen... -___-

Ehem.. Back to topic..

~~~~
Anyway...

Ivy in skimpy outfit is just her thing..
She is the 'dominatrix' of the game...

If you want some 'innocent loli'... Go to Talim...

But seriously.. Ivy is my 2nd character after Kilik.. And you should see the 'grab' attack when her opponents back is faced on her... That is typical dominatrix right there..

Personally.. Im not sure about any SCIV Ivy pics, cos i havnt seen any (maybe later after this at Gamespot)...

But i think Ivy's worse costume was the 'mourning' one in SCIII... You know.. the one with a piece of cloth/hat thing that kinda covers the face...
My fav Ivy costume would be the 'alternate' white in SCII... It is seductive, yet... Classy!

Anybody knows whose storyline they're following from SCIII to SCIV?
"When a petanko hugs you, she's hugging closer to her heart"...
~:~:~
"There is no greater love, between a boy and his pillow"
~:~:~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_FT_c3IiQ
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Chunky-MonkeyLOL » August 14th, 2008, 11:01 pm

Oh yeah, my PSN is Thalnos, in case anyone wanted to play me. Don't worry I suck. Also if anyone has the LE DLC, I'll trade for it.
Chunky-MonkeyLOL
Crack Desu!

Unread postby CSXLoser » August 15th, 2008, 3:33 am

Every player i faced on PSN used cervantes and used that SAME FRICKING THRUST AND SPIN COMBINATION >.>

At least Namco improved the lag from Tekken 5 DRO.

Now I'm praying for an amazing experience in Tekken 6 lol.

PSN - CSXLoser-Tx

I'm really bad because I am more into Tekken lol.

I use Vader
CSXLoser
Addict

Unread postby Chunky-MonkeyLOL » August 15th, 2008, 4:52 am

Hah yeah, I'm a Tekken guy at heart, so it was kind of a pain in the ass to switch engines.
Chunky-MonkeyLOL
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Catastrophe » August 18th, 2008, 7:59 pm

well.....yeah...
"We want a game that's going to chop us the second we screw around, or just flatten us at its whim... until we finally beat it. They demand more of us, and we rise to the occasion because we're that good. And that feels good. And that's why we game."
Rus McLaughlin, IGN
Catastrophe
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Atriel » August 18th, 2008, 8:07 pm

I saw the girls from SCIV in a magazine i bought out of boredom. They weren't that bouncy in SC II >_> When i get like 5 other games i want i may buy it...
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby ayadew » August 18th, 2008, 8:09 pm

Ahaha
Eyes up here sir
The instant I tear off your limbs, rip open your chest and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you ask for mercy, chewing through your eyes and spreading your brains on the ground like butter-------!
ayadew
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Ace of Spades » August 21st, 2008, 2:11 am

i really like the game [even though they still dont have any real reason to be there] the jedi arnt as cheap as i thought theyd be but i always use nightmare and everyones favorite elvis impersonator maxi XD
WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM!!!!
Ace of Spades
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby AvatarofRage » September 15th, 2008, 9:47 am

Well, Yoda's like a psychic hamster, and just as hard to kill (but not impossible).
The characters are more or less balanced,
The Critical Finishes...some of them are pretty cool, but others are just 'meh', while the mechanics behind them are sound to ensure they're not easy to abuse...

Online is unbearable due to lag, although a lot of that got to do with locality (I'm in Australia, which is both miles away from anyway, and about 5 years behind on internet speed). Still, some means of specifying where/who I play against would have been appreciated.

CAS...I can't help but feel there's less stuff than in SCIII, although it is better rendered, and DLC should fix that in a whiles. The whole 'skills' thing...seems kinda lacklustre. I do, however, greatly appreciate the ability to tweak voices and body build.

The story mode...epic fail. Each path lasts a whole of 5 minutes on average (not an exaggeration), with very little different to what was happening in SCIII (that is, next to no progress apart from a few key characters). Most characters don't even get an animated epilogue beyond what they do with Alogl and the swords immediately after beating him, with just a mundane stanza of text giving a scant description without so much as some art to go with it. Although seeing Amy push Raphael off a ledge, only for the announcer to declare RING OUT!! is good for a lol.

Tower of Souls...WTF!? First of all, no story to go with it. No anything in temrs of exposition, unlike the alt mains for SCII and III, reducing it to just a survival/mission mode with no motivation or depth other than beat guy, get equipment.

The 'guest' characters (guest artist really) seem out of place, (Angol Fia doesn't even look right compared to the other characters), and I resent that their weapons can't be used by CAC, especially since their movesets are exact ports of existing characters.
The lack of any hidden characters (like Night Terror in SCIII) is mildly disappointing, but no big loss. I also think that, since they've got Star Wars characters anyway, they should have given Yoshimitsu the lightsaber katana his Tekken counterpart wields.

In short, this game feels incomplete, if not rushed. All the effort spent of online play and ambient lighting might have been better spent hiring some gods-damned writers to finish what they started.

Still, I bought the game for its character creation, which hasn't disapointed me. But even if you buy KFC for the fries, you expect the chicken to be good along with it.
I like the game, don't get me wrong, I just think theres no excuse for it not being better.

On s side note, what do you think the canonical ending will be if they make another Soul Calibur game? Personally, I think it'll be along the lines of Siegfried fought Nightmare and won, but lost against Algol. Kilik then defeated Algol, restored the Embrace of Souls (as seen in his ultimate weapon) and roams the world keeping it safe.
Crack Addic!

Unread postby nanaya_shinya » September 15th, 2008, 10:20 am

I'll just keep on using Talim, cuz she's the only character that I could use... ..plus, she's cute and the youngest human character in Soul Calibur(in other words, she has a loli face).
nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!

Location: Ahnenerbe Cafe, Beast's Lair branch, lurking the KanColle threads.

Unread postby AvatarofRage » September 15th, 2008, 1:38 pm

Yeah, If I had to pick a fave it'd have to be Tira. I'm not even that good with her, but she's got a pout to die for
Crack Addic!

Unread postby IceCold_Asssassin » September 16th, 2008, 12:33 am

rented it. didnt like it all that much
IceCold_Asssassin
Crack Addic!

Unread postby ToxicOne » September 17th, 2008, 6:11 am

Being a big Nightmare player in previous games, I thought I would stick with him...but I started using Yoshimitsu instead...I'm actually surprised in how good I am with him now, heh...
ToxicOne
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby CSXLoser » September 18th, 2008, 5:02 pm

well still using Vader but this game is getting boring :(

but now i'm waiting for this fighting game
Damn you Namco. Already making an update and still havent released it on PS3
CSXLoser
Addict

Unread postby Thalnos » September 18th, 2008, 9:12 pm

From day 1 I already knew TK6 was going to be better than SC4. And having played both, I know that as fact now. BR is only going to be better.
"We have been the cowards lobbing cruise missiles from 2,000 miles away. That's cowardly. Staying in the airplane when it hits the building, say what you want about it, it's not cowardly." - Bill Maher
Thalnos
Crack Addic!

Previous

Return to General Chat