Where are you guys from?

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby Atriel » November 20th, 2008, 2:19 am

abscess wrote:tch! Pues cuantos mas de latinoamerica hay rondando por estos foros?
(que paso? el foro no deja poner acentos....)

How many latinoamericans are roaming 'round here?

*Raises hand*

On Raw's note, there are some manga stores around (Bookstores only actually...), but nothing all that amazing. No VN or anime as far as i remember.

If you go to the big cities it may be different, but i can't tell for sure.
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Nerroth » November 20th, 2008, 4:41 am

abscess wrote:....
My geography sucks... Is that Ireland?

"All signs point to yes."
Nerroth
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Shikiller » November 20th, 2008, 1:21 pm

Como hace un pez cuando cae desde un noveno piso?

AHHHHHHHH TUN !

La gente muere cuando la matan
Shikiller
Crack Desu!

Unread postby abscess » November 20th, 2008, 5:55 pm

Shikiller wrote:Como hace un pez cuando cae desde un noveno piso?
AHHHHHHHH TUN !

Madre mia! ese chiste esta mas viejo que yo! ajajaja!!

Shikiller wrote:

Lo que me recuerda esta noticia, aunque no es tan nueva que digamos...
Recuerdo que lei en un foro que estaban doblando la serie de Fate Stay Night al espanol en Venezuela. La pagina:
http://www.animax-la.com/foro/viewtopic ... 1c81e1f4c2
Segun esto uno de los actores posteo ahi hablando sobre el tema, pero parece que ya no ha habido algun avance, almenos no nuevos posts. A ver que tal les sale, porque dice el actor que agarraron para hacerla de Shirou que el es nuevo... Eso como que me deja pensando en que algo va a valer...

.... che foro, no deja poner acentos ni nada...

Translation to what is "important":
FSN anime is being translated into spanish in Venezuela. The link is to a forum discussing about that topic where a (said) dubber has posted commenting on his work. The dubber being the one dubbing Shirou, who calls himself somewhat of a "noob" in the media.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Catastrophe » November 20th, 2008, 6:16 pm

abscess wrote:
Shikiller wrote:Como hace un pez cuando cae desde un noveno piso?
AHHHHHHHH TUN !

Madre mia! ese chiste esta mas viejo que yo! ajajaja!!

Shikiller wrote:

Lo que me recuerda esta noticia, aunque no es tan nueva que digamos...
Recuerdo que lei en un foro que estaban doblando la serie de Fate Stay Night al espanol en Venezuela. La pagina:
Segun esto uno de los actores posteo ahi hablando sobre el tema, pero parece que ya no ha habido algun avance, almenos no nuevos posts. A ver que tal les sale, porque dice el actor que agarraron para hacerla de Shirou que el es nuevo... Eso como que me deja pensando en que algo va a valer...

malditos de telmex me quitaron animax D: no podr? ver fsn en espa?ol......

"soy el hueso de mi espada" XD
"We want a game that's going to chop us the second we screw around, or just flatten us at its whim... until we finally beat it. They demand more of us, and we rise to the occasion because we're that good. And that feels good. And that's why we game."
Rus McLaughlin, IGN
Catastrophe
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Catastrophe » November 20th, 2008, 6:18 pm

abscess wrote:Lo que me recuerda esta noticia, aunque no es tan nueva que digamos...

malditos de telmex me quitaron animax D: no podr? ver fsn en espa?ol......
Arquero wrote:
"soy el hueso de mi espada" XD

~~~~~~~~~~~~
damn telmex, took animax away, wont be able to see fsn spanish-dubbed D:
"We want a game that's going to chop us the second we screw around, or just flatten us at its whim... until we finally beat it. They demand more of us, and we rise to the occasion because we're that good. And that feels good. And that's why we game."
Rus McLaughlin, IGN
Catastrophe
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Message » November 20th, 2008, 6:57 pm

Further discussions only to be discoursed in English. If you must speak Spanish, do it elsewhere or in a pm.

Unread postby abscess » November 20th, 2008, 7:12 pm

Message wrote:Further discussions only to be discoursed in English. If you must speak Spanish, do it elsewhere or in a pm.

:D Alright, alright!
Well, the guy doing the dub work did mention the character's name in english, so I suppose (hope) that they will be left alone.
Catastrophe wrote:malditos de telmex me quitaron animax D: no podr? ver fsn en espa?ol......

???
Telmex goes all the way to Colombia??!! Daaaamn, I really hate 'em now...

Well, I got animax but I'm not under cable tv. Got other system :D
Anyway, I'm pretty sure I'll be cringing on my seat as I watch the dub. I watched Shingetsutan dubbed and I can surely say that Shiki sucked balls there (he already did, but his voice also did it now....), the only good voices were Hisui's and Kohaku's, Ciel's..... it's better not to mention it..... Arc was okay, nothing that special....

Uhmm.... anyway.... who is everyone else from?
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess

Unread postby nanaya_shinya » November 21st, 2008, 5:37 am

My location says all.
!すでのな
nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!

Location: Ahnenerbe Cafe, Beast's Lair branch, lurking the KanColle threads.

Unread postby NonExistence » November 21st, 2008, 5:45 am

yes, now that we're back on topic, two words for mine: altered anthem.
Whenever I go on, everyone leaves the Tsukihime forums. 'Cause I just fail like that.
NonExistence
Crack Addic!

Location: The Strong and Free Giant Block of Ice in the True North

Unread postby abscess » November 21st, 2008, 6:52 am

NonExistence wrote:yes, now that we're back on topic, two words for mine: altered anthem.

Spain?

Considering you seem to know of chinese language, my guess is that... well, you are chinese! Dunno if it's Taiwan or the People's Republic of China, though.
abscess

Unread postby NonExistence » November 23rd, 2008, 4:59 am

well, i'm chinese... in terms of heritage. but of what country am i a citizen? that is the question.

and no, spain is not the "strong and free giant block of ice in the true north". first of all, it's not very northernly. second, it's not a giant block of ice.

reread my previous comment, take those things into effect, and it'll all click together. or use google/wikipedia. those always work.

EDIT: yes, i actually put my location... in the location category of my profile, releasing it to everyone who reads my posts. even if it's hidden behind a (ridiculously simple) puzzle.
Whenever I go on, everyone leaves the Tsukihime forums. 'Cause I just fail like that.
NonExistence
Crack Addic!

Unread postby abscess » November 23rd, 2008, 6:32 am

NonExistence wrote:well, i'm chinese... in terms of heritage. but of what country am i a citizen? that is the question.

and no, spain is not the "strong and free giant block of ice in the true north". first of all, it's not very northernly. second, it's not a giant block of ice.

reread my previous comment, take those things into effect, and it'll all click together. or use google/wikipedia. those always work.

EDIT: yes, i actually put my location... in the location category of my profile, releasing it to everyone who reads my posts. even if it's hidden behind a (ridiculously simple) puzzle.

Weeeell. First: Last time I checked you only mentioned altered anthem, and I think that Spain got an altered anthem.
Second: I like to guess from time to time, so: Russia?
abscess

Unread postby NonExistence » November 23rd, 2008, 6:36 am

once again, no. but at least you're considering northernly countries.

and by altered anthem i didn't mean that the anthem was changed. in fact, i believe that our anthem hasn't been changed since its creation. what i meant is that my "location" is made from twisting the national anthem. the particular line involves the words "strong", "free", and "true north" (not necessarily in that order).

... damn. i gave away too much there, didn't i? now it's no longer fun...

but enough about me. parmistan? may i ask? DARE i ask?
NonExistence
Crack Addic!

Unread postby abscess » November 23rd, 2008, 6:44 am

NonExistence wrote:but enough about me. parmistan? may i ask? DARE i ask?

:lol: As far as I know, Parmistan doesn't exist. It's a fake country from the GREATES MOVIE OF ALL TIME Gymkata (shares that title with Riki-Oh: The Story of Ricky)! Maaaan! I wanna get that DVD!

Review:http://www.i-mockery.com/minimocks/gymkata/
abscess

Unread postby stryk3r » November 23rd, 2008, 10:00 am

Missouri.
stryk3r
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby drizzt_rocks » November 23rd, 2008, 10:24 pm

Oooh I know I know ... Greenland?? :P

Or Canada ...

Or Iceland but its not really massive >_<

Or Arctic Sea XD
And the cutest anime character award goes to ... PINO
drizzt_rocks
Crack Desu!

Unread postby NonExistence » November 24th, 2008, 12:28 am

wow... now i got everyone else to join in on guessing.
it's canada.

now we move on to where some other poor soul is trapped.
NonExistence
Crack Addic!

Unread postby stryk3r » November 24th, 2008, 12:56 am

I didn't realize it was a guessing game. Wanna guess which part of MO?
stryk3r
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby drizzt_rocks » November 24th, 2008, 3:04 am

Hmm I am guessing you are white so its probably not a very hairy MO :P
And the cutest anime character award goes to ... PINO
drizzt_rocks
Crack Desu!

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat