FFXIII on the 360

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

FFXIII on the 360

Unread postby DarkRedSky » July 14th, 2008, 10:19 pm

So what are your comments about Microsoft getting FFXIII. Note the game WILL NOT release in NA until the 360 devs are done with the game. In Japan though, the game is still a PS3 Exclusive.
DarkRedSky
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Chunky-MonkeyLOL » July 14th, 2008, 11:20 pm

I'm just fucking pissed we have to wait for them to finish porting the game over to the fucking shitbox before we can play it. We being PS3 owners that want this game. Get a fucking clue SquareEnix.
KILL! MAIM! BURN! - Kharn the Betrayer
Chunky-MonkeyLOL
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Shirosaki » July 14th, 2008, 11:27 pm

It's no longer abut servicing the loyal, now it's about whoring over and getting as much money out of game as you can, they don't care about the fans anymore chunky :?
Shirosaki
Crack Addic!

Unread postby DarkRedSky » July 14th, 2008, 11:27 pm

Squenix stocks dropped pretty quickly. 2 hours after the announcement the stocks started to drop.
DarkRedSky
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Atriel » July 15th, 2008, 12:06 am

Can't help but laugh. Yet another exclusive lost.

I'm not too much into Final Fantasy actually (though i loved FFVI & VII) but i'll probably get this one later.

Shirosaki wrote:It's no longer abut servicing the loyal, now it's about whoring over and getting as much money out of game as you can, they don't care about the fans anymore chunky :?

It has always been about money. They are videogames. ._.
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby rubberchicken » July 15th, 2008, 1:28 am

I lol'd.

When exactly did "loyalty" to Squenix equate to getting a PS3? Sounds more like they're being loyal to their fans by saying "Guess what, guys? We're not going to force you to pay through the nose for a system that you're ultimately buying for only one or two games!"
rubberchicken
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Shirosaki » July 15th, 2008, 1:59 am

rubberchicken wrote:I lol'd.

When exactly did "loyalty" to Squenix equate to getting a PS3? Sounds more like they're being loyal to their fans by saying "Guess what, guys? We're not going to force you to pay through the nose for a system that you're ultimately buying for only one or two games!"

Besides 11 name one FF game for the xbox :?
Shirosaki
Crack Addic!

Unread postby drizzt_rocks » July 15th, 2008, 2:07 am

I am truly pissed right now and I at first I even thought I wont be buying FFXIII anymore and even wrote a massive rant full of profanities but now that I have calmed down a little ... damn I really cant think straight right now. Man I miss the old square with uemetsu and sakaguchi and all I really hate what wada has done to the company they are now just a shadow of their former selves.

Chunky-MonkeyLOL wrote:I'm just fucking pissed we have to wait for them to finish porting the game over to the fucking shitbox before we can play it. We being PS3 owners that want this game. Get a fucking clue SquareEnix.

Yea not only do we not have it exclusive but we also have to wait for them to finish making the 360 version now because of the simultaneous release except in japan where its still exclusive to ps3 guess we wont be getting ffxiii for more than a year after the japanese release. Wada is the biggest sellout first. I really cant see a good thing for the final fantasy series that has come out since the merger of Square and Enix. This was the only game that I actually cared about and now its gonna drop in quality to make sure that the code is simple enough to be ported over. Good job mr wada I hope you like that big bag of cash that ms left at your doorstep.
And the cutest anime character award goes to ... PINO
drizzt_rocks
Crack Desu!

Unread postby rubberchicken » July 15th, 2008, 2:33 am

Shirosaki wrote:
rubberchicken wrote:I lol'd.

Besides 11 name one FF game for the xbox :?

That matters how? It's not like it's the first time the franchise has jumped platforms. How many real FF games can you name for the PS3?
rubberchicken
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Phlebas » July 15th, 2008, 5:27 am

Sounds like good news to me (bring the hate :D). When I first read this and noticed the hostility I thought it was going to be Xbox360 exclusive, which would understandably be quite a blow to PS3 owners. I'd love to see more games being multi-platform (though simultaneous release seems unnecessary to me from a player's perspective) as it's annoying to miss out on titles because you can't afford to get every console. Having said that, I'm holding on buying a next gen console until I know what platform Suikoden VI will be coming on ^^.
Phlebas the Phoenician, a fortnight dead, Forgot the cry of gulls, and the deep sea swell // And the profit and loss.
- - Gentile or Jew // O you who turn the wheel and look to windward, Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.
[T.S.Eliot: The Waste Land - IV. Death by Water]
Phlebas
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Raven » July 15th, 2008, 7:24 am

Heh, it's quite a blow to the PS3 I guess. I own both consoles so it really does not matter to me, but I guess the Japaneophile part in me still gets a little tickle.

But the news doesn't come as a complete surprise though, I think Square-Enix has been restating in the course of last year that they're aiming to improve sale oversea and try to make it out perform the Japan sale (right now it's at 50/50 I think). Still, I'm picking it up for the PS3 anyway.
Raven
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Chunky-MonkeyLOL » July 15th, 2008, 8:54 am

Well whatever, I'll probably import it. Not only will I have it earlier but I also won't have to sit through shitty voice acting (again).
KILL! MAIM! BURN! - Kharn the Betrayer
Chunky-MonkeyLOL
Crack Desu!

Unread postby drizzt_rocks » July 15th, 2008, 11:29 am

Hey they are so eager on making it on 3shitty I will be glad to "get" it on my friends 3shitty. They dont deserve my money. No no its not them its me.
drizzt_rocks
Crack Desu!

Unread postby DarkRedSky » July 15th, 2008, 11:44 am

Hey there's one good thing I heard from Square Enix at least. Chrono Trigger is being remade for the DS. Although it doesn't really help much with the whole FFXIII catastrophe. I seriously wonder how much Microsoft payed to get the game.
DarkRedSky
Crack Desu!

Unread postby drizzt_rocks » July 15th, 2008, 11:57 am

Its not a remake. Its a standard port without any graphical updates but with a standard Square extra dungeon which 95% of people cant be bothered to complete but hey dont buy FFXIII the game still cos the less more people that buy it the more likely that wada will learn a lesson a chrono 3 will be made for 360 and ps3 ...
drizzt_rocks
Crack Desu!

Unread postby DarkRedSky » July 15th, 2008, 2:11 pm

drizzt_rocks wrote:Its not a remake. Its a standard port without any graphical updates but with a standard Square extra dungeon which 95% of people cant be bothered to complete but hey dont buy FFXIII the game still cos the less more people that buy it the more likely that wada will learn a lesson a chrono 3 will be made for 360 and ps3 ...

Standard port or remake I don't care. It just means I don't have to bust out my old SNES to play it anymore. I was hoping Square Enix would take back the decision about FFXIII, but that's just really wishful thinking. When you think it over, they are a company, they're suppose to make money, and it seems the best way for them to make money right now is to go multiplatform. They don't care about Sony fans, because they're not Sony. I'm just wishing the 360 devs screw up and make the game inferior.
DarkRedSky
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Catastrophe » July 15th, 2008, 4:40 pm

1st Devil May Cry, and now FINAL FANTASY?!?!?! :x

WHAT'S SO FUCKING WRONG WITH SONY??? :evil: (yes THEY are the ones to blame)
are they forgetting everything about the way to do business?
when i see that my console sales arent as expected, i would hook the exclusiveness of the most important prev-gen games.

and i dont think they're running low on cash.

so, now wait for the quality loss. I will really wait for criticism before considering buying it.
"We want a game that's going to chop us the second we screw around, or just flatten us at its whim... until we finally beat it. They demand more of us, and we rise to the occasion because we're that good. And that feels good. And that's why we game."
Rus McLaughlin, IGN
Catastrophe
DESU DESU!

Unread postby drizzt_rocks » July 16th, 2008, 2:51 am

[sarcasm]Woohoo in case you guys missed it the game will be under 8 gb ie 1 DVD ^_^

Even blue dragon and lost oddysey were 3 and 4 disks respectively. This is CLEARLY an awesome move by square seeing as how HD graphics dont require much space at all and the entire coding can be focused on bringing us awesome gameplay instead of more cutscenes for story. Yayay it will be even better than FFXII which was THE best game ever. Who cares about story in an rpg series that is well known for its story ...[/sarcasm]
drizzt_rocks
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Einherjar » July 16th, 2008, 3:14 am

Square should have died a long time ago, then Enix came in...
"...Whatever."
"...Not interested."
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Cat Megex » July 16th, 2008, 3:14 am

drizzt_rocks wrote:[sarcasm]Woohoo in case you guys missed it the game will be under 8 gb ie 1 DVD ^_^

Even blue dragon and lost oddysey were 3 and 4 disks respectively. This is CLEARLY an awesome move by square seeing as how HD graphics dont require much space at all and the entire coding can be focused on bringing us awesome gameplay instead of more cutscenes for story. Yayay it will be even better than FFXII which was THE best game ever. Who cares about story in an rpg series that is well known for its story ...[/sarcasm]

...Huh?
Cat Megex
DESU DESU!

Next

Return to General Chat