FFXIII on the 360

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby Einherjar » July 16th, 2008, 3:51 am

Cat Megex wrote:...Huh?

Er... You don't understand the joke???
"...Whatever."
"...Not interested."
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Cat Megex » July 16th, 2008, 4:26 am

Einherjar wrote:
Cat Megex wrote:...Huh?

Er... You don't understand the joke???

I kind of do, but I also kind of don't; a good game doesn't really require FMVs to make a good story (although Final Fantasy games tend to have a lot of them).
Cat Megex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby drizzt_rocks » July 16th, 2008, 6:21 am

Its not just fmv's scripted scenes also take up data and since the game is in hd the size is magnified. It works out well for almost any other genre but rpgs do prosper from having more data available. Also uncompressed data is very desirable but not too important. It just usually means there is a larger hit on loading times.
And the cutest anime character award goes to ... PINO
drizzt_rocks
Crack Desu!

Unread postby zoop » July 16th, 2008, 8:06 am

Reality check for the reality-challenged.

Yes, it is all about the money. No matter what the big-wigs of Company X may try to tell you, they're not in the business for you. That's right, they don't care about you (and in all probability, they hate you). They never did, and they never will. All they care about is getting their paychecks, and keeping their bosses and/or shareholders happy.

Fact: Squaresoft is a GAME COMPANY. Note the emphasis, they are not a GAME CHARITY, or are they a GAME NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATION FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF MUNDANE AND OFT-REPEATED JRPGS.

Fact: Development costs for high end titles on current-gen hardware are astronomical compared to the days of old. There is little reason outside of contractual obligations for a third party developer to make an XBOX360 or PS3 title exclusive to one system. There is a reason that nearly everything that isn't a first party title is going multiplatform, and it isn't for the sake of making worthless trash-eating fanboys that bemoan the "ZOMG DEATH OF EXCLUSIVITY", or the "OMG MONEY MONEY MONEY" nature of the industry sad.

Squaresoft owes Sony nothing - just like they didn't owe Nintendo anything when the Nintendo64 and Playstation came rolling around. If you bought a PS3 specifically for FF13, it's your own fault for not waiting until the game was released before putting down the cash on the system. You gambled, and you lost - there is nobody to blame but yourself.

Wake up and stop drinking Sony's special kool-aide.
zoop
Might just like this board

Unread postby abscess » July 16th, 2008, 8:19 am

zoop wrote:Reality check for the reality-challenged.

Yes, it is all about the money. No matter what the big-wigs of Company X may try to tell you, they're not in the business for you. That's right, they don't care about you (and in all probability, they hate you). They never did, and they never will. All they care about is getting their paychecks, and keeping their bosses and/or shareholders happy.

Fact: Squaresoft is a GAME COMPANY. Note the emphasis, they are not a GAME CHARITY, or are they a GAME NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATION FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF MUNDANE AND OFT-REPEATED JRPGS.

Fact: Development costs for high end titles on current-gen hardware are astronomical compared to the days of old. There is little reason outside of contractual obligations for a third party developer to make an XBOX360 or PS3 title exclusive to one system. There is a reason that nearly everything that isn't a first party title is going multiplatform, and it isn't for the sake of making worthless trash-eating fanboys that bemoan the "ZOMG DEATH OF EXCLUSIVITY", or the "OMG MONEY MONEY MONEY" nature of the industry sad.

Squaresoft owes Sony nothing - just like they didn't owe Nintendo anything when the Nintendo64 and Playstation came rolling around. If you bought a PS3 specifically for FF13, it's your own fault for not waiting until the game was released before putting down the cash on the system. You gambled, and you lost - there is nobody to blame but yourself.

Wake up and stop drinking Sony's special kool-aide.

Seconded.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Cat Megex » July 16th, 2008, 12:19 pm

I prefer Gatorade, anyway. >_>
Cat Megex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby zoop » July 16th, 2008, 3:33 pm

Cat Megex wrote:I prefer Gatorade, anyway. >_>

Seriously. Stuff is deee-lish.
zoop
Might just like this board

Unread postby Atriel » July 16th, 2008, 5:13 pm

Don't worry people!! It seems that Chocobo Racing will be a PS3 exclusive!!! Millions of 360 fanboys around the world are crying. Yeah, that'll teach them.
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby abscess » July 16th, 2008, 9:22 pm

aaah? don't get it....
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess

Unread postby Cat Megex » July 16th, 2008, 10:05 pm

Atriel wrote:Don't worry people!! It seems that Chocobo Racing will be a PS3 exclusive!!! Millions of 360 fanboys around the world are crying. Yeah, that'll teach them.

You mean that game that came out for the PSX (except not really, because the system that everyone refers to as the "PSX" isn't technically the PSX, which is a completely different system) around eight or ten years ago?

abscess wrote:

aaah? don't get it....

'twas in response to the "Sony's special kool-aid" thing.
Cat Megex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Catastrophe » July 17th, 2008, 4:38 pm

check this out.

Gamespot - E3 2008: Final Fantasy XIII Roundtable Discussion

the disk/capacity thing seemingly is still in discussion, perhaps we wont have something that bad after all.

and i think the chocobo racing will be something similar to VII's minigame, right?
"We want a game that's going to chop us the second we screw around, or just flatten us at its whim... until we finally beat it. They demand more of us, and we rise to the occasion because we're that good. And that feels good. And that's why we game."
Rus McLaughlin, IGN
Catastrophe
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Einherjar » July 17th, 2008, 5:28 pm

Catastrophe wrote:check this out.

the disk/capacity thing seemingly is still in discussion, perhaps we wont have something that bad after all.

and i think the chocobo racing will be something similar to VII's minigame, right?

Considering one is about Racing where as the other is about RPG, I wouldn't say exactly similar...
"...Whatever."
"...Not interested."
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Catastrophe » July 17th, 2008, 5:39 pm

Einherjar wrote:
Catastrophe wrote:check this out.

Considering one is about Racing where as the other is about RPG, I wouldn't say exactly similar...

ermmm... no, im talking about the minigame where after some breeding we were able to participate in some racing events (cant remember if was only one) mounted on them.
"We want a game that's going to chop us the second we screw around, or just flatten us at its whim... until we finally beat it. They demand more of us, and we rise to the occasion because we're that good. And that feels good. And that's why we game."
Rus McLaughlin, IGN
Catastrophe
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Einherjar » July 17th, 2008, 5:54 pm

Oops, I thought you're talking about VIII. Sorry...
Oh yeah I remember. I owned a PC version, and it crashes a lot there. I found the patch from a fan site, and it seems that Eidos Interactive actually linked it without permission. Eido... -_-
"...Whatever."
"...Not interested."
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Cat Megex » July 17th, 2008, 9:55 pm

Guys, guys...as I implied earlier (though I didn't explicitly state it), there is a game for the PlayStation called "Chocobo Racing" (based off of the FFVII minigame, of course). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chocobo_Racing.
Cat Megex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Atriel » July 18th, 2008, 12:58 am

Yeah, that's why i said that there will be Chocobo Racing 2 as a PS3 exclusive. So what? You get FF XIII? You won't get your hands on Chocobo Racing. Die in enviousness you 360 bastards.
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Einherjar » July 18th, 2008, 2:43 am

Atriel wrote:Yeah, that's why i said that there will be Chocobo Racing 2 as a PS3 exclusive. So what? You get FF XIII? You won't get your hands on Chocobo Racing. Die in enviousness you 360 bastards.

lol
"...Whatever."
"...Not interested."
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby drizzt_rocks » July 18th, 2008, 4:11 am

A little edited but its sorta appropriate for this thread :P

There's no sense crying over every mistake
You just keep on trying till you run out of cake
And the gaming gets done and you make a neat gun
For the avatars who are still alive.

I'm not even angry.
I'm being so sincere right now.
Even though you broke my heart and killed me.
And tore me to pieces.
And threw every piece into a fire.
And as they burned it hurt because
I was so crazy for you.

Go ahead and leave me.
I think I prefer to stay inside.
Maybe you'll find someone else to help you.
Maybe Microsoft -
That was a joke. Haha. Fat chance.
Anyway, this cake is great:
It's so delicious and moist.

Look at me still talking when there's gaming to do.
When I look out there it makes me glad I'm not you.
I've experiments to run there is research to be done
On the monsters who are still alive

And believe me I am still alive.
I'm doing gaming and I'm still alive.
I feel fantastic and I'm still alive.
While Wada's dying I'll be still alive.

Still alive
Still alive
And the cutest anime character award goes to ... PINO
drizzt_rocks
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Cat Megex » July 18th, 2008, 4:32 am

Atriel wrote:Yeah, that's why i said that there will be Chocobo Racing 2 as a PS3 exclusive. So what? You get FF XIII? You won't get your hands on Chocobo Racing. Die in enviousness you 360 bastards.

No, you said "Chocobo Racing", not "Chocobo Racing 2".
Cat Megex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby abscess » July 18th, 2008, 6:06 am

Cat Megex wrote:

No, you said "Chocobo Racing", not "Chocobo Racing 2".

Since when there is a chocobo racing 2???
abscess

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat