Mabinogi

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

Have you played Mabinogi?

Yes, and I'm addicted!
13%
Yes, but the game is to hard and I gave up.
8%
No, but I've heard good things about it.
21%
No, never heard of this game.
58%

Total votes : 24

Mabinogi

Unread postby TheXev » July 10th, 2008, 11:50 pm

Well, I've been playing Mabinogi for awhile and am suffering from withdraw. I don't have steady internet atm, and am really board while looking for work... but playing on a modem is near impossible for anything other then part-time jobs. I've never really gotten into any other MMO until Mabinogi, and I really think its unique combat system is the reason (Smash, Counter-attack, Def... melee combat isn't mindless like in other MMO's). While I don't think the community is as good as RO (back in the wonderful year of 1998), it's pretty close.

I finally beat G1 quest last weekend... but getting others to play this game is pretty difficult since its only open to the US and Oceanic regions.

Anyone else playing this game? If you've given up on it after playing it, there is a lot of advice i can give you to make it easier (not just doing "lack hack").

I'm playing on Mari btw...

Anyone else have comments, experiences?
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy

Unread postby Einherjar » July 11th, 2008, 12:04 am

Played it but didn't like it. Was playing it on a laggy server in China so the fights never really worked out in my favour....
Now that Nexon's there, I might reconsider... Hope it won't lag. However, I suppose it has some really interesting points for a MMO, and I HATE grinding.
"...Whatever."
"...Not interested."
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby -[J1N]- » July 11th, 2008, 7:09 am

Played it as well. Got frustrated after the lag time kept screwing me over when i tried to guard. The monsters later on seemed to do a lot of damage as well, but maybe that's just cause I tried taking on a monster much higher than me. The skill system seems a bit 'hard' to lvl up. For some skills i just don't understand how you're supposed to get it higher, even though I read the skill requirements thoroughly. Overall the game's pretty interesting, but yeah, the lag kinda messes it up.

Is there an Oceanic dedicated server? I was playing the US server, so lag was sort of inevitable.
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
--Book of Revelation 13:18
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Chunky-MonkeyLOL » July 11th, 2008, 8:22 am

My friend told me about it in ts, but after he said the name we just went back and forth screaming "MAAAABI NOOOOOGIII" for about an hour.

MABINOGI!
KILL! MAIM! BURN! - Kharn the Betrayer
Chunky-MonkeyLOL
Crack Desu!

Unread postby lolipedofin » July 11th, 2008, 4:39 pm

Chunky-MonkeyLOL wrote:My friend told me about it in ts, but after he said the name we just went back and forth screaming "MAAAABI NOOOOOGIII" for about an hour.

MABINOGI!

lol, reminds me of Leeerooooy Jenkins. :lol:

What's this game anyway?? is this supposed to be good?
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Einherjar » July 12th, 2008, 12:18 am

lolipedofin wrote:
Chunky-MonkeyLOL wrote:My friend told me about it in ts, but after he said the name we just went back and forth screaming "MAAAABI NOOOOOGIII" for about an hour.

MABINOGI!

lol, reminds me of Leeerooooy Jenkins. :lol:

What's this game anyway?? is this supposed to be good?

I don't see what's so hard about googling it.
http://mabinogi.nexon.net/
Last edited by Einherjar on July 12th, 2008, 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
"...Whatever."
"...Not interested."
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Cat Megex » July 12th, 2008, 12:25 am

...Took a look and the Wikipedia entry, and decided that it's not for me. I'm no good with MMORPGs that you have to play that often.
Cat Megex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Einherjar » July 12th, 2008, 12:29 am

Well, it's one of few MMO that have actually exciting fighting system, as opposed to pure grinding... There isn't really an MMO that isn't time consuming...
"...Whatever."
"...Not interested."
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Catastrophe » July 12th, 2008, 1:10 am

*decides to try it*
*downloads and installs it*
*creates an account*
*logs in*
.... "non service area"

(-.-)
"We want a game that's going to chop us the second we screw around, or just flatten us at its whim... until we finally beat it. They demand more of us, and we rise to the occasion because we're that good. And that feels good. And that's why we game."
Rus McLaughlin, IGN
Catastrophe
DESU DESU!

Unread postby -[J1N]- » July 12th, 2008, 2:29 am

Catastrophe wrote:*decides to try it*
*downloads and installs it*
*creates an account*
*logs in*
.... "non service area"

(-.-)

I PM'd you with a 'backdoor' way to get access into the server.
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread postby pchunter » July 27th, 2008, 11:57 pm

lol.... since no one said, "it sucks", i guess i will give it a try :D.
pchunter
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Uberoy » July 28th, 2008, 3:41 pm

-[J1N]- wrote:I PM'd you with a 'backdoor' way to get access into the server.

There is a way to play anyway?!:o Please, send me instructions!
But I shall forgive you. Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained.
Uberoy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Ciel » July 28th, 2008, 4:19 pm

you basically need to make the game/server it connects to detect you as an usa resident since it autoblocks the rest of the world.

it works like crap here. lots of lag, slowdown and deaths caused by lag. i like how it doesn't focus on insane level grinding as much as other mmorpgs, but it's no fun trying to fight when the server's against you too.
Ciel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Uberoy » July 28th, 2008, 6:46 pm

So its not worth it for an european becuase it will just lag anyway?
But I shall forgive you. Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained.
Uberoy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby DarkRedSky » July 28th, 2008, 7:27 pm

Played it. There's is a slight issue with the Nexon version. Reborn cost money and since your character grows up...
Well I didn't play much of it and the reborn issue is only for those who play for long periods, I didn't really like it.
DarkRedSky
Crack Desu!

Unread postby -[J1N]- » July 29th, 2008, 5:57 am

Uberoy wrote:So its not worth it for an european becuase it will just lag anyway?

That's quite right. Even if you could get registered as being in the right residential area, you will experience lag in the game server, which is a very bad disadvantage in the game because you need to input commands with little time to spare. If you still want to give it a shot just to see what the gameplay is like though, I'll send you some instructions. I don't recommend getting too high though, you'll rage fast due to the many deaths by lag.
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Uberoy » July 29th, 2008, 5:51 pm

I hate when game lags, pretty much ruins everything... So there is no need to send me the instructions. Thank you though!
Uberoy
Crack Desu!

Return to General Chat