What games are you playing & recommendations

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

X-Calibar
Crack Desu!

Re: What games are you playing & recommendations

Unread post by X-Calibar » October 18th, 2009, 2:51 pm

I have one guide to secrets txt file, but no maps ... There might be some youtube videos to show you how to navigate stages quickly... I found one of those the other day I think [in japanese]

wyldfire
Addict

Unread post by wyldfire » October 18th, 2009, 5:26 pm

can u plz upload the secrets txt file then??? it'll help a me a lot...also what are the items and artifacts menus???there are a lot of question marks in them...do i have to unlock something???

X-Calibar
Crack Desu!

Unread post by X-Calibar » October 19th, 2009, 4:39 am

I think maybe you have to unlock something?
Anyways here's the txt... it might be vague but it does help!
http://www.4shared.com/file/141860141/9 ... mv10d.html

Names are in japanese still though, but really just knowing where to search for an item makes all the difference I think..
As for the question marks, maybe a certain item unlocks the hints... OR maybe you have to be on at least normal difficulty to get the items...? I always played on Sacred Knight so I am not sure.. Tough game! I need to revisit it... still haven't beaten it yet :O

abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread post by abscess » October 22nd, 2009, 10:34 pm

Left 4 Dead 2 Trailer - Zombie Survival Guide Goddamn! Zombies, man. They creep me out... in an awesome way!
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.

Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread post by Atriel » October 25th, 2009, 8:35 pm

Sengoku Rance. It's actually addictive (somehow), at least for someone that likes strategy games.

And I was right, it's about an asshole in Japan. Yet, I don't hate the character...

But anyway, I recommend it to anyone that likes Turn Based Strategy Games. If you have played a Total War or Rise of Nations game, you will get the hang of it easily. The story is pretty much generic in the True Route, however, the If routes are all right (nothing amazing though). I cleared Kenshin's route (I'm weak for strong women D:) and I'm currently on Ran's. For the Record, the writing in the H-scenes is terrible, but most CGs are well made.

There are some ridiculous moments, like getting attacked 5 times in a row by the same country. But other than those, it's not that hard of game. There are additional difficulties once you clear the game too.
If you disagree, you are wrong.

solopy567
DESU DESU!

Unread post by solopy567 » October 26th, 2009, 12:07 am

Total War was too crazy. If Sengoku Rance is the same, I'm definitely not playing it. The most I can handle are games in which you build you base and create your army, but anymore than that is just plain crazy....
"Sion Eltnam is no more.
All there is left is a dead apostle who has inherited the name of TATARI.
Now.....Let's begin the Bloody Second Act." - Sion TATARI

Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread post by Atriel » October 26th, 2009, 12:29 am

It doesn't reach that BIG of a scale, only the minimap portion and there are like 30 territories at most. I have yet to conquer them all.

Instead of having armies move around, you can attack with anyone, anywhere, anytime. It's very simple gameplay.

Mazyrian
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Mazyrian » October 26th, 2009, 3:01 pm

I figure Rance is as Gilgamesh was back when he ruled Uruk
"I am the spider that set this web.
-Welcome to this wonderful killing chamber."

Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread post by Atriel » November 2nd, 2009, 7:50 am

I feel like I spam this thread <_<

So, I finished Sengoku Rance (yay for long weekend). The True Route and all 3 If routes but I do not have all of the CGs. I probably have about 80% since I never ever touched the youkai country and I couldn't clear some characters. I was intending to go at it again to unlock those but... bleh I don't feel like it. At most I will use a previous save and rush at them and their ridiculously powerful country, maybe I can get through them before the final turn. Maybe...

There are some minor spoilers but nothing important.
► Show Spoiler
Do be warned that there are some intense H things around, apart from the normal sex. However, they are rare.

Maes
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Maes » November 6th, 2009, 5:19 am

I picked up Dragon Age: Origins the other day and started playing it hardcore tonight. Good stuff. Bioware succeeds again at making something that feels epic right from the start, but it's taking a little getting used to since it isn't a D&D game like NWN was, so the mechanics and combat are a bit different. I absolutely love the dialog though, wonderful stuff, the banter between some of the characters is hilarious.

I highly recommend this game to anyone who likes good old fantasy RPG games.
その目だれの目?

abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread post by abscess » November 6th, 2009, 10:01 am

^
For the 360 or PC? Because I heard that the 360 version have some "rough edges," not sure exactly what those are.

HALO 3: ODST
Yes, firefight is addictive. Last game that I could play hours on end just killing enemies after enemies and don't feel like it isn't just an endurance game (even though it is) was Spawn for the DC.... Oh, what days were those... ;')
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.

Maes
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Maes » November 7th, 2009, 2:43 am

PC. The newest console I even own is a PS2 >.>
その目だれの目?

X-Calibar
Crack Desu!

Unread post by X-Calibar » November 10th, 2009, 6:07 pm

Maes wrote:PC. The newest console I even own is a PS2 >.>
Same here :D And Dragon Ages is good? I should look into that eventually...

Anyways started playing the 14 day trial of Star Wars Galaxies...
It's okay, but what makes it a lot more fun is...

My character is DUKE NUKEM ! Han Solo breaks Duke Nukem out of Cryo Freeze...

Maes
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Maes » November 10th, 2009, 10:52 pm

Well, I played it for 15 hours straight yesterday, but that might just be me being a dumbass. Here's a little bit I wrote on another forum when someone asked me about it.(Nym is friend of mine who's started playing it last night)
I'm at 15 hours played right now, and according to the game I've completed 15% of the game. I started out with an elf mage and got pretty much to the point Nym is at, maybe a little farther, and decided I didn't like being a squishy little bitch elf so I started over as a human warrior, who has the 15 hours of playtime... which was pretty much 15 hours straight. The mage felt clunky to me, but that might just be because I didn't really have a grasp on how to play it yet. I was trying to play it like a D&D mage crossed with a WoW mage, chain casting/nuking stuff, but it seems that spells serve more of a specific burst damage or status effect goal in this game rather than something you should be chaining off since your mana pool is very limited and doesn't regen very quickly at least up to where I was, I'll try a mage later on again probably. My warrior, however, is a fucking steamroller crossed with a wrecking ball now. I beefed his strength up enough to use the armor you get from the code that comes with the game and bought the rest of the set pieces from a vendor and he's got over double the armor rating of my templar sidekick. So I just truck around with a greatsword ripping faces off. There is definitely strategy to the combat though, since your stamina/mana resources are limited and sometimes deciding to knock down one enemy over another or whether to CC anything or not can change the course of a battle completely.

It's a fun game, that's true, or else I wouldn't have spent literally all day yesterday playing it. Your party members actually talk to each other as you're just running around and some of the interactions between them are absolutely hilarious. Overall the voice work itself isn't amazing, but having all the conversations and characters(even if lots of them sound alike) voiced is a big plus in my book. As far as linearity, ya, the first 2 small parts are but after you can start travelling you get (DLC included) 5 major and 1 or 2 minor places that you can go and start advancing the story. So far I've finished up 2 of those major places and both of the minor ones and I've got lots of little sidequests at various places that I'm going to knock out this evening.
その目だれの目?

Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread post by Atriel » November 11th, 2009, 9:54 pm

I bought a PS3 last week.

*Dances*

*Dances some more*

But I have no games yet, since all of the money was used for consoles. So today I went to rent something to check that the console is working properly, and decided to try out inFamous. It bored me to tears. I only played it for about 2 hours though, so I'll <i>try</i> to give it another chance if I'm ever done with that shitload of homework staring at me. As of now, it seems horribly generic.

I'm considering to buy MGS4 and Uncharted once the holidays arrive. Apparently, they are godlike.

BTW, the console is huge! I thought it would be smaller. I can't imagine how big the other PS3 might be D:

Also, any recommendation from any PS3 owner? I have my eye on Heavenly Sword and I don't even know what it is about. I want some older games right now since I may find them cheaper than say, Uncharted 2. My wallet will be thankful.

Catastrophe
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Catastrophe » November 13th, 2009, 12:06 am

Atriel wrote:inFamous. It bored me to tears.
wut???? (although it was indeed hyped it was awesome)
Atriel wrote:Also, any recommendation from any PS3 owner? I have my eye on Heavenly Sword and I don't even know what it is about. I want some older games right now since I may find them cheaper than say, Uncharted 2. My wallet will be thankful.
Heavenly sword is awesome but wears out waaaaaaaaaaaay to quick.
Valkyria Chronicles, not only one of the best rpgs..... but one the best games of the gen, period (anime didnt exist, if thats something)
folklore was rather enjoyable... resistance is a must, if you can afford get yourself demon's souls

also: slim is niiiiice, but cant beat my 60G ps2-b/c *grins sarcastically*

also 2: how the fuck could i forget???
if you can get anything by any means from the PSN store, get yourself wipeout hd.

also 3: anyone else is fucking hyped on whatever square has to say tomorrow? (FFXIII this year??? FUCKING YES PLEASE, doubt it'll hapen though ^^;)
"We want a game that's going to chop us the second we screw around, or just flatten us at its whim... until we finally beat it. They demand more of us, and we rise to the occasion because we're that good. And that feels good. And that's why we game."
Rus McLaughlin, IGN

nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!
Location: Ahnenerbe Cafe, Beast's Lair branch, lurking the KanColle threads.

Unread post by nanaya_shinya » November 13th, 2009, 6:28 am

I've finally made SRT OG Saga: Mugen no Frontier work on an emulator (PC).

At least I don't need to "borrow" my cousin's DS anymore :lol:
!すでのな

Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread post by Atriel » November 15th, 2009, 12:32 am

Catastrophe wrote: wut???? (although it was indeed hyped it was awesome)
It felt like another failed attempt at a sandbox game D:

All right, I'll check out reviews prices and what not.

About Square, dunno... they can't surprise me anymore =( FF XIV being a mmorpg is a big fail for me <_<
And as far as I know, FF XIII will be out on March 9 2010, though I could be wrong. I'll be getting the PS3 version that's for sure, my lazy ass doesn't want to swap discs and it was intended as a PS3 release anyway.

Off-topic: My external hard drive died and I just lost about 200 gb of data. I want to kill something. Slow and painfully.

Catastrophe
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Catastrophe » November 15th, 2009, 2:57 am

Atriel wrote:About Square, dunno... they can't surprise me anymore =( FF XIV being a mmorpg is a big fail for me <_<
And as far as I know, 1) FF XIII will be out on March 9 2010, though I could be wrong. I'll be getting the PS3 version that's for sure, my lazy ass doesn't want to swap discs and it was intended as a PS3 release anyway.
1)yeah, that was the announcement...
on bold: wait for Vs XIII..... i guess....
Atriel wrote:Off-topic: My external hard drive died and I just lost about 200 gb of data.
► Show Spoiler
"We want a game that's going to chop us the second we screw around, or just flatten us at its whim... until we finally beat it. They demand more of us, and we rise to the occasion because we're that good. And that feels good. And that's why we game."
Rus McLaughlin, IGN

Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread post by Atriel » November 22nd, 2009, 9:27 pm

I downloaded LOADS of demos from the PSN.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 was pretty good, but not better than the 360 version. I'll buy it when it's cheap for the new stuff.

Metal Gear Solid 4 was good too, I'll be getting it soon.

Resistance 1. Pretty generic, not getting it. I'll rent Resistance 2 later maybe...

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 1. I guess I just didn't like the first game so much... not buying. The pace is too slow.

Killzone 2. I had no damn clue on what was going on. Then it froze. It seemed pretty generic but I may rent it or try it again when I'm bored.

Folklore. I was confused as to what the hell I had to do. I'll give it another go later, the writing was a bit rushed.

And Uncharted's demo is on the wait.