What games are you playing & recommendations

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

Keeper of Gil's Vault
DESU DESU!

Re: What games are you playing & recommendations

Unread post by Keeper of Gil's Vault » September 3rd, 2009, 4:45 pm

The .hack franchise is really complex and the premise is very promising. It is just that the anime series produced from it are mediocre at best and fails again and again to appeal to the majority of the audiences. The anime simply do not do the games justice. I think if the anime are more successful, the games and the franchise would have attracted much more attention here in the West.

By the way, the only redemptive quality of the .hack anime is the sound track by Yuki Kajiura.
Are we Beast's Lair Lite? Are we?!

abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread post by abscess » September 4th, 2009, 4:32 am

Penumbra: Overture
That is one fucking GREAT horror game. It's really, really, really good. People, check it out.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.

Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread post by Atriel » September 4th, 2009, 3:55 pm

Horror game?! *googles info*

Man I love those.

Edit: http://kotaku.com/5352254/ninja-gaiden- ... le-support

Control over boob jiggling.

The game must be perfect if they have the time to add that kind of crap.
If you disagree, you are wrong.

Catastrophe
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Catastrophe » September 5th, 2009, 7:31 pm

^ dumbest SixAxis use... ever.
i really hope that game to suck now, since the main dev (Tomonobu Itagaki... total douche) bashed Bayonetta on how her hair was her clothing and main weapon.
"Covered in hair, is she? I dunno, Mr. Kamiya must have a lot going through his head."

"moving the ladies titties with the sixaxis? I dunno, Mr. Itagaki must have a lot going through his head."
"We want a game that's going to chop us the second we screw around, or just flatten us at its whim... until we finally beat it. They demand more of us, and we rise to the occasion because we're that good. And that feels good. And that's why we game."
Rus McLaughlin, IGN

Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread post by Atriel » September 6th, 2009, 2:46 am

^Actually, the main developer of Sigma 2 is Hayashi. Can't remember his full name. Itagaki left Team Ninja some months ago together with some more employees.

But yeah, dumbest SixAxis use ever. Not that I've seen any but I'm pretty sure it rates very high in the dumb-o-meter.

Playing Ninja Gaiden Black since my DVD drive died for good... going through hard mode and it's been quite easy.

X-Calibar
Crack Desu!

Unread post by X-Calibar » September 7th, 2009, 12:08 am

I haven't played any of the new Ninja Gaiden games... but I'm going to take a wild guess, correct me if I'm wrong...
^ nOT like the Ninja Gaiden I grew up with...

Ninja Gaiden 2 : The Dark Sword of Chaos Loved this game growing up

Here's the ending :
Last edited by X-Calibar on September 25th, 2009, 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread post by Atriel » September 7th, 2009, 3:46 am

^Haha, not even close. You probably already know but the 3D ones are action games, the one I play the most (II) being perhaps one of the fastest action games ever. As in, 0.5 margin error fast on the harder modes.

The story is crap though, just by the intro on the NES game I can tell that that one is better. Not that I care anyway.

abscess

Unread post by abscess » September 8th, 2009, 1:10 am

Oh! Ninja Gaiden for the NES! such a classic! Ooooh nostalgia :')

Anyway, Street Fighter IV. The controls are quite different from SFIII, with some stuff that I liked being missing, but overall it's a good 2d-to-3d transition that not everybody has done right *coughStreetFighterEXcough* *coughKOF:MAXIMUM IMPACTcough*..... *coughSamuraiShowdowncough*.... I think I'm needing some cough medicine.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.

Dark_Habit
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Dark_Habit » September 9th, 2009, 3:39 pm

Midnight Club II.

Damn, its so irritating to race without route barriers, and sometimes the freakin' finish line is
hidden away, so you have to lose the race on purpose to find its location.
Life is but a River.
A continuous flow,relentless till it reaches its destination.
Rocks,rapids,falls hinder not the flow of the strong.
It has its ups,and its downs.
And in the end,peacefully.......
It dissipates into to vast Ocean.

Catastrophe
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Catastrophe » September 17th, 2009, 3:50 am

"The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games." Bobby Kotick, CEO ActiVision

as long as such an asshole is head of activision i swear i wont buy a single game of theirs.
"We want a game that's going to chop us the second we screw around, or just flatten us at its whim... until we finally beat it. They demand more of us, and we rise to the occasion because we're that good. And that feels good. And that's why we game."
Rus McLaughlin, IGN

Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread post by Atriel » September 21st, 2009, 7:47 pm

Gentlemen, I'm honored to present you with the future of gaming. Nay, mankind!

Erogame detecting shapes.

Just think of the possibilities!

Ahem. As of now, I'm replaying Fire Emblen Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn.
Last edited by Atriel on September 21st, 2009, 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

abscess

Unread post by abscess » September 21st, 2009, 8:58 pm

Game girl: Oh dear! Your pOnOs is bigger/smaller than the last time you've played!
Gamer: .... I'm wearing pants.

I mean, that stuff could be used for other kind of games, but eroge? I may be dumb, but I just can't think of any real use for this technology.

Playing: Halo 2

Maes
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Maes » September 22nd, 2009, 9:25 pm

"This cannot end well."

Truer words have never been spoken.
その目だれの目?

solopy567
DESU DESU!

Unread post by solopy567 » September 22nd, 2009, 11:37 pm

Pokemon Platinum FTW!

It's awesome and you know it!
"Sion Eltnam is no more.
All there is left is a dead apostle who has inherited the name of TATARI.
Now.....Let's begin the Bloody Second Act." - Sion TATARI

Maes
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Maes » September 22nd, 2009, 11:49 pm

I enjoyed the original Pokemon Blue version, and I think I have Gold around here someplace too.

Now playing: Aion... or trying to. ~1000 person server queues are no bueno :(
その目だれの目?

nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!
Location: Ahnenerbe Cafe, Beast's Lair branch, lurking the KanColle threads.

Unread post by nanaya_shinya » September 23rd, 2009, 3:56 am

Tsukihime vn, replayed Akiha's route because yesterday was her birthday.
!すでのな

abscess

Unread post by abscess » September 24th, 2009, 1:04 am

Sakura Wars 5 is going to come out in western territory. That ain't the news, this are the news: I'm not much of a Sakura Wars fan boy, but this makes wonder: What d'y'all think of dem 'merican dubbers, peeps?
But don't worry (too much), according to Japanator, who in turn quotes NIS America; the game will be out in two discs, one in moonspeak and the other in red-neck.

nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!
Location: Ahnenerbe Cafe, Beast's Lair branch, lurking the KanColle threads.

Unread post by nanaya_shinya » September 24th, 2009, 4:49 am

re-playing old PSX games for old times sake

currently re-playing: Utsurowazarumono - Breath of Fire IV
!すでのな

Catastrophe
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Catastrophe » September 24th, 2009, 5:36 am

abscess wrote:Sakura Wars 5 is going to come out in western territory. That ain't the news, this are the news: I'm not much of a Sakura Wars fan boy, but this makes wonder: What d'y'all think of dem 'merican dubbers, peeps?
But don't worry (too much), according to Japanator, who in turn quotes NIS America; the game will be out in two discs, one in moonspeak and the other in red-neck.
why the f*** are they still releasing past gen games?? GIMME MOAR CURRENT GEN JRPGS DAMMIT!!! D=< (not that i have money to buy even 1 now <.<)

on-topic: 3rd re-run of Valkyria Chronicles, since the anime didnt manage to exist :(
Rus McLaughlin, IGN

X-Calibar
Crack Desu!

Unread post by X-Calibar » September 25th, 2009, 6:52 pm

Not sure if I'll pick up Sakura Wars or not...

On the other hand this game is looking wonderful! By Nitro+ x 5pb games coming next month...
I'm hoping it will be a good one :D [not that I'll be able to play it anytime soon...] But, maybe the work with Noah can be used on this one as well? If it turns out to be a star~
STEINS;GATE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ah5PQa6chyQ