What games are you playing & recommendations

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

Uberoy
Crack Desu!

Re: What games are you playing & recommendations

Unread post by Uberoy » July 30th, 2009, 10:13 pm

Dark_Habit wrote: I mean, I thought Duel Masters and Yu-Gi-Oh! were easy.
Yu-gi-oh. Easy? Haha, when you play it on a higher level there's a ruling discussion in every frickin' game.

OT: Playing Final Fantasy Tactics A2. Just bought it and suspected no less becuase I liked the prequel. It's great.
But I shall forgive you. Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained.

Dark_Habit
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Dark_Habit » July 30th, 2009, 10:30 pm

Battle Moon Wars (Nice Tactical RPG).
Life is but a River.
A continuous flow,relentless till it reaches its destination.
Rocks,rapids,falls hinder not the flow of the strong.
It has its ups,and its downs.
And in the end,peacefully.......
It dissipates into to vast Ocean.

Catastrophe
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Catastrophe » July 31st, 2009, 2:18 am

Uberoy wrote:
Dark_Habit wrote: I mean, I thought Duel Masters and Yu-Gi-Oh! were easy.
1)Yu-gi-oh. Easy? Haha, when you play it on a higher level there's a ruling discussion in every frickin' game.

2)OT: Playing Final Fantasy Tactics A2. Just bought it and suspected no less becuase I liked the prequel. It's great.
1) what he said... (horus lvl8 + King Dragun combo total annihilation ftw)

2) kinda hated it.... i mean, it takes you HALF of the game to know wtf is going on... man, please stop this downfall for FF please ;_;
"We want a game that's going to chop us the second we screw around, or just flatten us at its whim... until we finally beat it. They demand more of us, and we rise to the occasion because we're that good. And that feels good. And that's why we game."
Rus McLaughlin, IGN

Uberoy
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Uberoy » July 31st, 2009, 8:56 am

Catastrophe wrote: 2) kinda hated it.... i mean, it takes you HALF of the game to know wtf is going on... man, please stop this downfall for FF please ;_;
Downfall? The FF Tactics series are 3 games. That's not even 10% of the total amount of FF games released so no worries about any downfall XD.
But I shall forgive you. Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained.

abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread post by abscess » July 31st, 2009, 6:59 pm

I've been reading a Let's Play thread with the story of the old Blade Runner game and just recently saw the loli ending......
► Show Spoiler
On another note, the "Now you are real Blade Runner" ending was kick-ass
► Show Spoiler
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.

Catastrophe
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Catastrophe » July 31st, 2009, 7:59 pm

Uberoy wrote:
Catastrophe wrote: 2) kinda hated it.... i mean, it takes you HALF of the game to know wtf is going on... man, please stop this downfall for FF please ;_;
Downfall? The FF Tactics series are 3 games. That's not even 10% of the total amount of FF games released so no worries about any downfall XD.
well no.... FF tactics (PS) awesome win
FF tactics advance (GBA) awesome win, 1 notch below the first one
FF tactics A2 (NDS) see above

but, can you say (with a straight face) that there has been anything good since FF X? thats what i meant by downfall
"We want a game that's going to chop us the second we screw around, or just flatten us at its whim... until we finally beat it. They demand more of us, and we rise to the occasion because we're that good. And that feels good. And that's why we game."
Rus McLaughlin, IGN

Dark_Habit
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Dark_Habit » August 1st, 2009, 5:54 pm

Catastrophe wrote:
FF tactics advance (GBA) awesome win, 1 notch below the first one
Yes, FF Tactics Advanced for the GBA was awesome.
Catastrophe wrote: but, can you say (with a straight face) that there has been anything good since FF X? thats what I meant by downfall
.........Hard to figure out why they could not make anything better than FF X...Played FF XII...Sucked big time.
Life is but a River.

nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!
Location: Ahnenerbe Cafe, Beast's Lair branch, lurking the KanColle threads.

Unread post by nanaya_shinya » August 10th, 2009, 12:37 pm

currently playing Katekyo Hitman Reborn! DS: Fate of Heat 2
!すでのな

Dark_Habit
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Dark_Habit » August 11th, 2009, 7:01 am

Sengoku Rance.

Crappy H-game,but decent war-based strategy.
Life is but a River.

Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread post by Atriel » August 11th, 2009, 10:05 pm

My eyes could not believe that which was in front of me. As I clicked the tiny copper button, green lights filled the ancient room. It was alive. I couldn't believe my eyes, but the legends were true! In the monitor, the dashboard could be seen! However, it was only a test and I had to reassemble.

Alass, I have yet to use it's magic once again. I am tired from my journey and I must rest. Even more, I forgot to put the mythical white plastic back inside so I must once again open the sacred box... I do not have the will to do so at the moment. When the night falls I shall complete my task and open it. This shall finish my quest and if the box continues to work forever, or at least a couple of years... then I shall aid others on the very same task.

So, apparently it is fixed (my 360). I vanquished the RRoD but I have not played. Once I try it later tonight when I put the white plastic thingie back inside I will give more details and perhaps open up a thread to help anyone with this problem. Or via PM. Or something <.<

Edit: All right, it's official. The universe fucking hates me. I fix the damned thing and now the DVD drive decides not to read my games. F U! I reconnected everything about 4 times to no avail. I open the drive and it's crystal clean. It seems calibrating it is my only choice now. I swear to Raptor Jesus that I WILL kill a baby squirrel and a kitten if this piece of shit doesn't work.
If you disagree, you are wrong.

Maes
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Maes » August 12th, 2009, 11:08 am

Repeat after me, Atriel. Goosfraba.
その目だれの目?

abscess

Unread post by abscess » August 12th, 2009, 9:07 pm

Oh! In the name of the Elder Gods! Could it be true? Is all lost now!?
No.... The blackened clouds of despair and shame befall upon us.... Please, Oh! Great Atriel, Hero of Justice! Sacrifice those cubs in the name of that heathen god! Their blood may quench its thirst and give the vigor needed to undertake such a marvelously heavy task! Become the messiah!
/stupidity

Bummer. Hope you have better luck next time.

Gaylo 1
It's fun in coop, but I don't know why I can't stand it solo.
Maes wrote:Repeat after me, Atriel. Goosfraba.
What the hell is that?
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.

Maes
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Maes » August 13th, 2009, 12:34 pm

Never seen Anger Management?
その目だれの目?

Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread post by Atriel » August 13th, 2009, 7:05 pm

^I don't see movies so... yeah. Didn't get it either.

I tried recalibrating it. It was hell. HELL I tell you. Aaaand it didn't work. If I get someone with a broken 360 to give me his drive, I'm all set. If not, I will sell everything and get a PS3. I will miss Gears of War and Mass Effect though... Ninja Gaiden, I can play the (apparently, dumbed down) Sigma remakes on the PS3. According to my calculations, I can get just about enough for one PS3 if I sell it all.

It's both hilarious and annoying as hell that I managed to get rid of the RRoD but the drive decides to die on me. I could actually get online, download content and even play Arcade Games (I had Castle Crashers and Ikaruga) and Xbox originals (Ninja Gaiden Black). However, I'm not spending another cent in repairs.

Currently, I'm going through Professional Mode on Resident Evil 4. Normal mode was piss easy, professional actually kills me when I screw up. Only 4 deaths so far though.

Edit: ZOMFGBBQ! It works!!! It works!!! I didn't have to lower the resistance and make the laser more powerful, I had to rise it! How could I have been so stupid!?! I'm still going through some tests however. Perhaps tomorrow I shall set the resistance a bit higher and see the results. My 360 is back to life ;_; So happys.

abscess

Unread post by abscess » August 14th, 2009, 7:56 am

@Maes
Nope. I do watch movies, but didn't watch that.

Congraturations.
Hope you post the how-to. Because I'd love to have my old x360 working again.

Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread post by Atriel » August 14th, 2009, 4:43 pm

That depends, what is the problem with your 360? Red lights I guess? BTW, maybe I should help you via PM so that we don't get even more off-topic. And if anyone else wants help, just PM me.

For the sake of the topic, I'm back to Gears 2 and just got the shinny new maps and the deleted scene. I feel like a kid in a candy store ;_; I'll get my ass handed down to me on Multiplayer since I won't know all of the weapon locations.

Dark_Habit
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Dark_Habit » August 14th, 2009, 6:22 pm

Played:
.hack G.U// Volume 3- Redemption.

One word to describe it-EPIC!

The free roam battle system rocks,like you get in those typical MMORPG's,only with 10 times better graphics.
The story line is kickass.
Life is but a River.

Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread post by Atriel » August 18th, 2009, 7:17 pm

So, I finished Ninja Gaiden 2 on Master Ninja Mode some days ago. I fucking did it, even though it seemed to be impossible at first. Now that I finished it all (Except 3 weapon runs) I think I have the right to say that it's a damn good game. Probably the one I have played the most in my 360 (together with Gears) and I recommend it to anyone looking for an amazing challenge.

The difficulty gives this game a LOT of replayability, (most of) the weapons are damn good, the Obliteration Techniques are a joy to see, the gore is perfect. But as sad as it is to say, the game was rushed. You know this when you notice certain bugs and loading times, there are some badly designed battles and I hate to say that many bosses are poorly done. The thing is, that the overall combat is so stupidly good and fun that it makes up for those bad things.

A must have for any action game lover. Do know however, that you do not have to play the hardest difficulties. The camera (something that many people whine about) has little to no problems and those are in some boss battles when in 'fixed' mode it sometimes gets stuck in weird places, but it's not common. However you can just click a button and you have complete control over the camera again (like you do over the rest of the game) so you don't have to use the fixed one for boss battles. What's more, you can adjust the sensitivity for it. So when you see someone saying something like "the camera sucks" it's because they suck balls and the game owned their asses. I'm not saying it's perfect (it's not) but it is probably the best camera on an action game since you have almost 100% control over it.

I may or may not get mission mode later, dunno.

And also PS3 Slim officially announced! $299 and a 120 GB. I'll be sure to give this little guy a warm home as soon as I can.

Catastrophe
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Catastrophe » August 20th, 2009, 2:15 am

Shin Megami Tensei: Imagine

i didnt ever tough i would recomend a MMORPG.... but damn its nice :D

edit: on ps3 Slim: i can still say that mine is "more majestic" ¬¬ (and it has bc too :D) and atriel.... welcome to the family... when you get it :P
Rus McLaughlin, IGN

Chaos Chaud
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Chaos Chaud » August 21st, 2009, 12:03 am

Playing Madworld(Wii)- Ah, I love the Sin City feeling of this game

Also playing Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility(Wii). Can't say much of this game. I'm probably playing it just because its a harvest moon. It's not that it is a poor game it's more that it doesn't have anything THAT new...
"Let Chaos consume your soul, and you won't be neither good nor evil, neither light nor darkness. You will be hollow, will be future, will be freedom." -Chaos Chaud
"You defeat him" -GARcher
"Drown in your ideals and die" -GARcher
"My spine hurts. My body is cold. My fingers are frozen. Yet, my brain burns with fire."- T. Shiki