What games are you playing & recommendations

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

CSXLoser
Addict

Re: What games are you playing & recommendations

Unread post by CSXLoser » June 20th, 2009, 5:09 am

i am getting PC verison as well. Never played SFIV yet.

The Focus Attack from what i heard is to add more stragety into the game. I play fighting games on playstation controllers all the time. If you prefer the joystick, then there are pc sticks. If you have PS2 controller, there are cheap 10-15 dollar converters that you can use to plug it into your pc for SFIV

Chaos Chaud
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Chaos Chaud » June 20th, 2009, 4:03 pm

Playing Sonic and the Black Night (Wii). It's really strange to see King Arthur with 2.5 meters high...
"Let Chaos consume your soul, and you won't be neither good nor evil, neither light nor darkness. You will be hollow, will be future, will be freedom." -Chaos Chaud
"You defeat him" -GARcher
"Drown in your ideals and die" -GARcher
"My spine hurts. My body is cold. My fingers are frozen. Yet, my brain burns with fire."- T. Shiki

nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!
Location: Ahnenerbe Cafe, Beast's Lair branch, lurking the KanColle threads.

Unread post by nanaya_shinya » June 21st, 2009, 8:24 am

playing Arcana Heart
!すでのな

HeroMan999
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by HeroMan999 » June 21st, 2009, 3:29 pm

I've just started the Phoenix Wright series and it is as good as I've heard. I like the game's system for finding contradictions in witness' testimonies. Out of all the visual novels I've played, this one has the best gameplay.

nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!
Location: Ahnenerbe Cafe, Beast's Lair branch, lurking the KanColle threads.

Unread post by nanaya_shinya » June 24th, 2009, 12:07 pm

Playing Gyakuten Kenji and waiting for the NA release.
!すでのな

Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread post by Atriel » June 24th, 2009, 10:52 pm

Going through Fable II... it's boring as hell. I liked Fable I (ignoring the annoying voices), so it's kinda sad that I don't like this one.

Edit: On NG2, on Master Ninja Mode I am now at the first test of valor; also known as Hell. I stopped for about .2 seconds. Dead.
If you disagree, you are wrong.

abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread post by abscess » July 4th, 2009, 11:03 pm

Atriel wrote:Going through Fable II... it's boring as hell. I liked Fable I (ignoring the annoying voices), so it's kinda sad that I don't like this one.
I don't think it's that boring, but it lacks something that the original had. Most things are better than in the original, but the story, believe it or not, is much worse than in Fable 1. After finishing it I was far from thinking "Oh wow! Now it's time to milk this game dry!!" It's.... a good game, but there are better ones out there. If someone really wants it, it's better if it's bought after a price-drop.

Anyway, I'm not currently playing anything (sadly), but I read one very... peculiar... article and, this being an eroge related forum, thought this might be a fun thing to read ;)
http://www.cracked.com/article_17206_10 ... games.html

Edit:
Moe girls kickin the shit out of each other!

Vanguard Princess
Site
Video
Download
Bit of info.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.

Uberoy
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Uberoy » July 9th, 2009, 1:16 am

abscess wrote: Moe girls kickin the shit out of each other!
If I'm looking for that I go play Arcana Heart :D
But I shall forgive you. Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained.

Catastrophe
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Catastrophe » July 17th, 2009, 2:45 am

*reads announcement of Valkyria Chronicles 2...*
(in rising voice) oh mY FUC....

*...for PSP*

*wants to shot himself*
"We want a game that's going to chop us the second we screw around, or just flatten us at its whim... until we finally beat it. They demand more of us, and we rise to the occasion because we're that good. And that feels good. And that's why we game."
Rus McLaughlin, IGN

solopy567
DESU DESU!

Unread post by solopy567 » July 17th, 2009, 4:06 pm

Finished Prey....I dont unerstand why critics gave it a bad score, its a very good game.
"Sion Eltnam is no more.
All there is left is a dead apostle who has inherited the name of TATARI.
Now.....Let's begin the Bloody Second Act." - Sion TATARI

Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread post by Atriel » July 22nd, 2009, 5:08 pm

Man, I've been checking out Muramasa: The Demon Blade and it looks sweet. I don't really know when the english (only subtitles!) version will come out though, and I'm piss poor anyway. But seriously, I want to get my hands on it. It just looks so pretty D:

Edit: Woot! My 360 got the RRoD. Fucking great. For some reason, I am laughing my ass off.

Now I need to check how to get it running again... guess I'll ask a friend later.

Edit again: WTF?! It's working again (my 360). This is weird, but I fear that once I see the RRoD they will eventually come back again, and that time they will want to stay.

Edit once more: It's official. My 360 is dead. The warranty won't work. $160 for repairs... yeah right. I'll check around if someone does it for less, if not I'll take it into me and the mighty internet guides.
Last edited by Atriel on July 24th, 2009, 3:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

Maes
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Maes » July 22nd, 2009, 8:42 pm

If I had a Wii I'd definitely get that game. Looks pretty and also looks super fun.

In the G4 clip he says it'll be out in the first week of September, and that it completely sold out in Japan, if that's any testament to the quality.
その目だれの目?

Dark_Habit
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Dark_Habit » July 22nd, 2009, 10:06 pm

Princess Waltz.

The starting is kinda funny , but later it gets more serious.
A decent game,but the Card Battle System is so easy that even a toddler can handle it.
Life is but a River.
A continuous flow,relentless till it reaches its destination.
Rocks,rapids,falls hinder not the flow of the strong.
It has its ups,and its downs.
And in the end,peacefully.......
It dissipates into to vast Ocean.

Catastrophe
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Catastrophe » July 22nd, 2009, 11:39 pm

Dark_Habit wrote:Princess Waltz.

The starting is kinda funny , but later it gets more serious.
A decent game,but the Card Battle System is so easy that even a toddler can handle it.
its because its meant for us to totally win it one handed, think about it, would it be half as easy if you didnt know your opponent's dominant color?
"We want a game that's going to chop us the second we screw around, or just flatten us at its whim... until we finally beat it. They demand more of us, and we rise to the occasion because we're that good. And that feels good. And that's why we game."
Rus McLaughlin, IGN

Dark_Habit
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Dark_Habit » July 23rd, 2009, 7:37 am

Catastrophe wrote: its because its meant for us to totally win it one handed, think about it, would it be half as easy if you didn't know your opponent's dominant color?
Maybe not, but still it would not be that difficult.
I mean, I thought Duel Masters and Yu-Gi-Oh! were easy.
This is on a different level.
Life is but a River.
A continuous flow,relentless till it reaches its destination.
Rocks,rapids,falls hinder not the flow of the strong.
It has its ups,and its downs.
And in the end,peacefully.......
It dissipates into to vast Ocean.

Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread post by Atriel » July 26th, 2009, 6:20 pm

I'm playing Resident Evil 4. When I have time off from defeating hordes of evil infested villagers and cultists, and saving some girl's ass (white pantsu btw) I like to stroll around town looking for Torx screwdrivers and thermic compound as I continue my search, my Epic Quest to fix my 360 myself. According to the legend, if I am to replace the thermic compound, the gods shall grant the dead another life. Another opportunity. And so, my search continues and I hope that today I will have it all.

Edit: My mistake, they were white.
Last edited by Atriel on July 26th, 2009, 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread post by abscess » July 26th, 2009, 8:37 pm

Atriel wrote:I'm playing Resident Evil 4. When I have time off from defeating hordes of evil infested villagers and cultists, and saving some girl's ass (green pantsu btw) I like to stroll around town looking for Torx screwdrivers and thermic compound as I continue my search, my Epic Quest to fix my 360 myself. According to the legend, if I am to replace the thermic compound, the gods shall grant the dead another life. Another opportunity. And so, my search continues and I hope that today I will have it all.
I never believed the elders' words and thought that this legend was no more than tall tales of yore. If you are to accomplish such feat, do tell how.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.

I1nk
Crack Addic!

Unread post by I1nk » July 26th, 2009, 11:30 pm

Been playing BlazeBlue. A wonderful fighting game by the way.
"Night closed night, other night, night pain, night sink, is night/stay night."

Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread post by Atriel » July 27th, 2009, 8:20 am

abscess wrote:I never believed the elders' words and thought that this legend was no more than tall tales of yore. If you are to accomplish such feat, do tell how.
I understand your position my brother. Nevertheless, I'm at the point of no return. No options left. Nothing to lose. Ye old teachings may be true or may not. Tomorrow I hope to embark on a journey. My mission: Arctic Silver 5 thermic compound and a T8 screwdriver. I don't yet know if this is the last piece of my quest, but I can only hope so. I shall bring you more news, be them joyful or sorrowful. Peace, my brother.

In other news: I just saw a Brutal Legend trailer. I am sad. Why? WHY? I thought Guitar Hero and Rock Band (not sure about this one) were already enough to take a crap on metal. But no, some bastard decides to continue the sodomy, perhaps on a bigger scale. I don't even know what's worst, those 2 or the crap of a trailer I saw. It's like (yet) a(nother) shitty CG movie from the U.S. portraying stupid stereotypes. And of course every single comment I've seen about it is "OMG IS GONNA BE AWESUM!". I hope that the one that came up with it dies a slow and painful death. Or becomes a vegetable. His/Her/Its evil deeds must be stopped.

Catastrophe
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Catastrophe » July 30th, 2009, 5:35 pm

Atriel wrote:In other news: I just saw a Brutal Legend trailer. I am sad. Why? WHY? I thought Guitar Hero and Rock Band (not sure about this one) were already enough to take a crap on metal. But no, some bastard decides to continue the sodomy, perhaps on a bigger scale. I don't even know what's worst, those 2 or the crap of a trailer I saw. It's like (yet) a(nother) shitty CG movie from the U.S. portraying stupid stereotypes. And of course every single comment I've seen about it is "OMG IS GONNA BE AWESUM!". I hope that the one that came up with it dies a slow and painful death. Or becomes a vegetable. His/Her/Its evil deeds must be stopped.
i disagree... a.k.a. STFU, it indeed is going to be awesome (you still worrying about stereotypes?? where youve been for the last decade?)

4th run of Valkyria Chronicles, cant seem to get tired of it... also cooperative storyline of Resistance 2
Rus McLaughlin, IGN