What games are you playing & recommendations

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

zweiterversuch
$dead

Re: What games are you playing & recommendations

Unread post by zweiterversuch » June 7th, 2009, 1:49 am

Hi!

I was just looking some Videos on Youtube and found this one called "The 10 scariest games ever made".
I only needed to read the title of the video to instantaneously think about Silent Hill (the first one...the one with rachel...the old one.)

But...
After thinking for a while I became curious about the opinion other people might have.

So...In a nutshell, Which do you think it is the scariest game ever made? recommend me something scary!!

Thanks.
http://visualnoveldai.com/
If you want to create your own visual novel go there!
Try it out, no compromise!
8 inches in a week!

btw Princess Tutu is still Awesome!!!

solopy567
DESU DESU!

Unread post by solopy567 » June 7th, 2009, 2:26 am

definetly F.E.A.R. It felt like instead of watching the movie "The Ring", i was playing it.
"Sion Eltnam is no more.
All there is left is a dead apostle who has inherited the name of TATARI.
Now.....Let's begin the Bloody Second Act." - Sion TATARI

nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!
Location: Ahnenerbe Cafe, Beast's Lair branch, lurking the KanColle threads.

Unread post by nanaya_shinya » June 7th, 2009, 7:45 am

How about the Fatal Frame series?
!すでのな

Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread post by Atriel » June 7th, 2009, 8:15 am

Depends on the type of scary.

Say, Doom 3 scared the shit out of me with it's atmosphere. Very dark, duct tape is non existant on Mars and you have to choose: weapon or light. The cherubs are the freakiest shit i've ever seen. Flying babies from hell, I was crapping my pants the first time I saw the little bastards.

Thief 3 had some scary moments too.

Resident Evil remake for the GC with good sound is nice stuff too.

I tried Fatal Frame but just a bit, never really had the chance to check it out fully.
If you disagree, you are wrong.

Catastrophe
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Catastrophe » June 8th, 2009, 11:44 pm

fuck, messed my previous comment (hit edit instead of quote /facepalm @ me)

here is what i intended:

Catastrophe wrote:
Catastrophe wrote: Also (2): EA can now be considered the company with the WORST luck all over the world, when they go and FINALLY put some effort on NFS, Sony Announces GT PSP, and shows the great level of completion in GT5, and M$ announces Forza 3,
scratch that, GT5 will only come till next year, and i havnt seen a """""""""sim""""""""" racer as cartoony as FM3.

besides:

LAMBORGHINI MOTHERFUCKING REVENTON AND SPA FRANCORCHAMPS (1)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*creams his pants with a dazed look*

(1): hope they also make it to GT5 :P
on scary games:
go to hotel626.com (or was it .net?- flash game), dont forget to get a spare set of pants and underwears...just in case
"We want a game that's going to chop us the second we screw around, or just flatten us at its whim... until we finally beat it. They demand more of us, and we rise to the occasion because we're that good. And that feels good. And that's why we game."
Rus McLaughlin, IGN

solopy567
DESU DESU!

Unread post by solopy567 » June 9th, 2009, 1:03 am

Tried out two different fighting games.

1. Hinokakera: 3d, very good, weird controls. Reminded me of Bleach but it was good.

2. Million Knights Vermilion: Melty Blood combined with xxxHolic style characters. Pretty strange but has pretty similar system to Melty.
"Sion Eltnam is no more.

Chaos Chaud
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Chaos Chaud » June 10th, 2009, 1:28 am

Now playing

Star Wars the force unleashed(Wii)- Adventure. Nice style of playing, nice history (at least until where I played), I think swinging your light saber around was the dream of every boy...

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom- Old style fighting game. Basically, a revival of the vs. Capcom series. Well, you can expect some crazy stuff, when you here "Viewtful Joe versus Ryu. Round 1, Fight!"...
solopy567 wrote:2. Million Knights Vermilion: Melty Blood combined with xxxHolic style characters. Pretty strange but has pretty similar system to Melty.
Would you be kind enough to tell me for which platform is this game?
"Let Chaos consume your soul, and you won't be neither good nor evil, neither light nor darkness. You will be hollow, will be future, will be freedom." -Chaos Chaud
"You defeat him" -GARcher
"Drown in your ideals and die" -GARcher
"My spine hurts. My body is cold. My fingers are frozen. Yet, my brain burns with fire."- T. Shiki

solopy567
DESU DESU!

Unread post by solopy567 » June 11th, 2009, 12:58 am

It's on PC.....I can post a picture from the game if Message allows it
"Sion Eltnam is no more.

Soulshade
Addict

Unread post by Soulshade » June 11th, 2009, 6:33 am

The F.E.A.R series. I'm not easily scared but god Alma scares the hell out of me. Whenever your not expecting it, she appears around the corner of your eye. Bloody hell even Silent Hill can't compare to this.

nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!
Location: Ahnenerbe Cafe, Beast's Lair branch, lurking the KanColle threads.

Unread post by nanaya_shinya » June 11th, 2009, 7:55 am

Atriel wrote:Thief 3 had some scary moments too.
I'm waiting for Thief 4 to arrive, but that's unrelated.

If by scary you mean the stage where you...
► Show Spoiler
Soulshade wrote:The F.E.A.R series. I'm not easily scared but god Alma scares the hell out of me. Whenever your not expecting it, she appears around the corner of your eye. Bloody hell even Silent Hill can't compare to this.
What, that loli Sadako-clone? Seeing her once is enough for me the get used to her.

@zweiterversuch
How about Siren/Forbidden Siren or Siren 2/Forbidden Siren 2?

@Atriel
The Fatal Frame series has a good story, a nice setting (for its genre), and a lot of scary moments. But you have to play through the whole game to see them all.
!すでのな

Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread post by Atriel » June 11th, 2009, 6:03 pm

nanaya_shinya wrote: If by scary you mean the stage where you...
► Show Spoiler
I think that was it. Just entering was crazy, the stage loads and the first thing you see is this huge abandoned mansion-like building and dead trees all round.

I was sneaking around the whole time, thinking about an enemy encounter and there were none on the first part. The music was creepy. I realized later there were no enemies... and then I entered another section. I saw silhouettes moving in the shadows and thought "Uh... my imagination". Then I see one again and I'm like "Who's there ;_;?"

I'm also hoping the best for Thief 4. I loved 3.

Maes
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Maes » June 12th, 2009, 1:49 pm

I'm playing Ogre Battle 64 right now, fuck yeah!
その目だれの目?

Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread post by Atriel » June 12th, 2009, 7:46 pm

Okami just arrived by mail yesterday =D! I'm just starting but I'm liking it so far. The graphics are quite interesting. The VA was weird at first, but I've gotten used to it already.

Speaking of voice acting, I checked the english dub for FFXIII being compared to the japanese one. It's actually; decent. Chances are I will use it so that I don't have to read subtitles <_<

Also, I don't know how many times I've received messages on Xbox live about guys hitting on me, thinking I'm a girl. I guess my gamer picture (pink haired anime girl with cat ears) and my gamer tag (non male nor female) confuses them. Maybe they were "OMG a chick is beating the shit outta me!?!?! *fap fap fap* She HAS to be mine D:"

... unless a girl was hitting on me on Xbox live. Right.

abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread post by abscess » June 12th, 2009, 11:07 pm

Atriel wrote:Maybe they were "OMG a chick is beating the shit outta me!?!?! *fap fap fap* She HAS to be mine D:"
F*ck you Atriel... You gave me a horrible mental image....

Playing (again): Mass Effect. DAMN! I WANNA PLAY MASS EFFECT 2 SO BAAAAD!!! I hope it's at least two times longer than the original, ME 1 was pretty short....
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.

Chaos Chaud
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Chaos Chaud » June 13th, 2009, 12:44 am

abscess wrote:
Atriel wrote:Maybe they were "OMG a chick is beating the shit outta me!?!?! *fap fap fap* She HAS to be mine D:"
F*ck you Atriel... You gave me a horrible mental image....
^Unfortunately, this is true... (T.T)

Now playing- Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Echoes of Time (Wii)- So far so good. If you don't mind the DS graphics, the game has a enjoyable story and the multiplayer is very good (except that you need each player, except player one, will need a DS to play it...)

Also, Yu-gi-oh 5D's Wheelie Breakers (Wii) - I haven't watched the series so when I first played it I was like "What the f**k is this ?". Well, it turns out that it is a crazy yet good strategy-card-racing-game, a lot better than I expected. Well, except that my Duel Runner ,that has maximum Top Speed, is the SLOWEST one in the game... ¬¬
"Let Chaos consume your soul, and you won't be neither good nor evil, neither light nor darkness. You will be hollow, will be future, will be freedom." -Chaos Chaud
"My spine hurts. My body is cold. My fingers are frozen. Yet, my brain burns with fire."- T. Shiki

solopy567
DESU DESU!

Unread post by solopy567 » June 13th, 2009, 1:27 am

I heard a game called Prototype is coming out for the Xbox 360, which is like GTA on crack.
"Sion Eltnam is no more.

Chaos Chaud
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Chaos Chaud » June 13th, 2009, 2:29 am

solopy567 wrote:I heard a game called Prototype is coming out for the Xbox 360, which is like GTA on crack.
I think the game is already out there. But, I don't know if it's good either...

abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread post by abscess » June 14th, 2009, 1:27 am

Chaos Chaud wrote:
solopy567 wrote:I heard a game called Prototype is coming out for the Xbox 360, which is like GTA on crack.
I think the game is already out there. But, I don't know if it's good either...
It is. From the reviews I've read, it appears to be not very good. Have never played it myself, though.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.

CSXLoser
Addict

Unread post by CSXLoser » June 18th, 2009, 7:15 am

It gets bad reviews because people played inFAMOUS right before it (which is the better game imo)

If you like bloody violent sandbox games where you play as a guy that transforms his hands into weapons, consumes people, and runs up buildings faster than the people in the MAtrix, then you will like Prototype :P

I played and enjoyed both infamous and prototype.

If you can afford both, then get both. Only afford 1 and have a ps3, get infamous. 360 or pc...prototype

Kcuf
Addict

Unread post by Kcuf » June 18th, 2009, 9:19 am

What are your opinions of Street Fighter IV? I have neither a 360 or a PS3, so I am saving for the PC version.
How long does it take for you to grow bored of it?
This "Focus Attack" mechanic, does it help the gameplay or maybe decrease its value?
And to the PS3 players of SF4, is it hard to play on a PS3 controller?

Thanks a bunch!