What games are you playing & recommendations

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

X-Calibar
Crack Desu!

Unread post by X-Calibar » February 8th, 2009, 8:43 pm

I gotta get to Oblivion eventually... I decided to stick with MW for now, but maybe in a couple years when there are even more mods available...
Oh and here's another video I did for MW :
► Show Spoiler
As for the rain thing lol, limitation of the game engine :( [Although there are emulators/new fan-engines for Morrowind in the making!]
Last edited by X-Calibar on February 27th, 2009, 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nintendo Maniac 64
Crack Addic!

Unread post by Nintendo Maniac 64 » February 23rd, 2009, 9:23 am

TrackMania Nations Forever

VIDEO: Video in HQ: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVcWrBr-Ea0&fmt=18

It's a free game, so there's no reason you shouldn't try it (unless your CPU is slower than around a 1GHz and your GPU is a 10-year old piece of crap) so GET IT NOW.

Standard HTTP Download
Bittorrent Download
Steam Download

The game reminds me of hot wheels actually, with the crazy flying jumps, loops, etc. This is a racing game, but it's slightly different. It's more of a "multiplayer time trial" unless you're specifically playing online on a server in laps, rounds, or stunts modes (all of which are less popular than time trials) - even more so since there's actually no collision detection between cars, but that's good for people with crappy connections. The handling and "feel" is what I call "sim-arcade", in a similar style to something like Project Gotham, where braking is DEFINITLY necassary, but is still too arcadey to be considered a sim-racer.

The game by default uses only the arrow keys really, but you can customize the controls completely, to the point of using a gamepad. Also note that you can use the Enter key to respawn at the last checkpoint and Backspace/Delete to retry from the beginning of a track (both of these may at times be disabled by various servers when playing online). Use the space bar for chat messages and ESC for a pause menu; NUM Pad changes camera view.

If you want a custom car model, Trackmania Carpark is what you'll want. Take note that they won't show up for other people online unless you're playing the retail version (TrackMania United Forever, which includes 6 other environments among other things).

As for playing online, time trial servers are plenty, so no need to recommend one. Rounds mode too isn't too hard to find a server for. It's laps that's the rare one, so allow my to point one out (my personal favorite): 'Real F1 Forever' located under United States -> Arizona. There's also stunts mode, but I've never been into that really so I haven't payed attention to how common servers are for it.

So, uh... DOWNLOAD THE GAME!

Oh, and if you're worried about this "StarForce" thing you've heard about, worry not - that was in an older TrackMania game.

EDIT: I nearly forgot an important tip! Use the Enter key (or your "check-point respawn" key) to skip track intros. It'll save you time and possibly prevent late-starts online.
Last edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 on March 25th, 2009, 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread post by Atriel » March 19th, 2009, 2:39 am

So, i'm going to buy a new RPG. I can't decide between Eternal Sonata and Lost Odyssey. I found both at the same price, new and sealed. (About $25-30, in dollars)

Suggestions D: ?

I have more RPGs that i want but i either can't remember them at the moment or they are expensive.

CSXLoser
Addict

Unread post by CSXLoser » March 21st, 2009, 7:27 pm

i only have Eternal Sonata out of the two but I loved it :)

Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread post by Atriel » March 21st, 2009, 10:25 pm

Already bought it... well, in the process of doing so. I'll pay for it this Monday (hopefully) and will probably get it by Friday.

drizzt_rocks
Crack Desu!

Unread post by drizzt_rocks » March 24th, 2009, 10:33 pm

Woohoo my Persona 4 just came in the mail ^_^

Yes it just came out in PAL land before someone asks why so late :P
And the cutest anime character award goes to ... PINO

that one guy
Crack Desu!

Unread post by that one guy » March 25th, 2009, 12:06 am

Have fun maxing Izanagi. He's a beast.

Catastrophe
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Catastrophe » March 26th, 2009, 10:32 pm

FINALLY! after 6 months out, managed to get my hands on resistance 2... the easier way to describe it:
"the game that will make you wonder...Gears of what??" :lol:
"We want a game that's going to chop us the second we screw around, or just flatten us at its whim... until we finally beat it. They demand more of us, and we rise to the occasion because we're that good. And that feels good. And that's why we game."
Rus McLaughlin, IGN

that one guy
Crack Desu!

Unread post by that one guy » March 26th, 2009, 11:21 pm

Future post: On 9/9/09, I will (hopefully) be playing the then just released Fire Pro HD. Nearly crapped myself when I heard this was announced as downloadable.

CSXLoser
Addict

Unread post by CSXLoser » March 27th, 2009, 12:00 am

STAR OCEAN FOOOOOOO

um...is it alright to laugh at emotional cutscenes in this game?

Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread post by Atriel » March 27th, 2009, 12:45 am

Catastrophe wrote:FINALLY! after 6 months out, managed to get my hands on resistance 2... the easier way to describe it:
Considering that one is FPS and the other is third person... i don't think that's the case.

I was thinking of getting a PS3 this summer because of the price cut, but the damn dollar sky rocketed and it will cost me the same D:!! Fuck you, economic crysis. Fuck you.

Oh, Eternal Sonata just arrived and i'm loving it.

X-Calibar
Crack Desu!

Unread post by X-Calibar » March 30th, 2009, 5:51 pm

Last game I played...
Ys VI : Ark of Napishtim [PC version now has english translation btw!!]
First two boss battles in time attack mode : Awesome short action rpg...

Catastrophe
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Catastrophe » March 31st, 2009, 12:10 am

Atriel wrote:
Catastrophe wrote:FINALLY! after 6 months out, managed to get my hands on resistance 2... the easier way to describe it:
1) Considering that one is FPS and the other is third person... i don't think that's the case.

2) Oh, Eternal Sonata just arrived and i'm loving it.
1) both shooters, quit yer bitchin'
2) dl'd the demo once long ago, never got into me...
"We want a game that's going to chop us the second we screw around, or just flatten us at its whim... until we finally beat it. They demand more of us, and we rise to the occasion because we're that good. And that feels good. And that's why we game."
Rus McLaughlin, IGN

Shourai
Crack Addic!

Unread post by Shourai » March 31st, 2009, 2:22 am

Just replayed and beaten FFX. Holy shit, that game is f**king awesome, more so if you replayed it many years after your first playthrough.
Last edited by Shourai on March 31st, 2009, 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

that one guy
Crack Desu!

Unread post by that one guy » March 31st, 2009, 2:29 am

Fifa 2009. Taking the Chicago Fire up against ****ing Liverpool is the biggest pain in my ass ever. But hey, I was able to get Landon Donovan from LA, so I'm happy. Also: King of Colosseum II. Having a fun storyline going on right now. Poison Mist FTW.

Maes
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Maes » April 3rd, 2009, 2:14 pm

Picked up Mirror's Edge yesterday, fun shit. I'm not far into it, but so far it reminds me of Prince of Persia but first person PoV, and I loved PoP.
その目だれの目?

zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread post by zweiterversuch » April 3rd, 2009, 5:07 pm

I just cleared 2nd Evangelion Girlfriend of steel...

now I know why anybody wants to translate it...
It is way too happy... I mean... They beat angels in seconds and only with their fists...

anyway...

just finished playing Grandia 2 for Pc.
Nice game! I loved every second of it but it isn't as good as grandia 1.
http://visualnoveldai.com/
If you want to create your own visual novel go there!
Try it out, no compromise!
8 inches in a week!

btw Princess Tutu is still Awesome!!!

drizzt_rocks
Crack Desu!

Unread post by drizzt_rocks » April 4th, 2009, 11:58 pm

Dead space and The World Ends With You
And the cutest anime character award goes to ... PINO

abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread post by abscess » April 5th, 2009, 10:21 pm

drizzt_rocks wrote:Dead space
Good game.

Now, what could be so awesome about a self-exploding mega-man ripoff? I'm now waiting for it to be released! It seems way too stupiod and fun to just let it pass.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.

ayadew
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by ayadew » April 7th, 2009, 3:29 pm

I'm playing DISCIPLINE and it's the most hilarious piece of shit ever. They protagonist comes 20+ times each day, and 10% of the dialogue is actual story, and it's so freaking baaaad I want to tear my arms off, but I can't since I'm busy laughing.
The instant I tear off your limbs, rip open your chest and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you ask for mercy, chewing through your eyes and spreading your brains on the ground like butter-------!