What games are you playing & recommendations

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

CSXLoser
Addict

Unread post by CSXLoser » December 10th, 2008, 1:23 am

sweet...time to get some of my buds to download it then.

and during the tutorial..one of the early cutscenes had japanese text.

That girl said something like "Run...run away!" but it was in japanese text.

Just wondering did anyone else get that

Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Mkilbride » December 10th, 2008, 1:40 am

Yeah, it was Japanese for me also.

Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread post by Atriel » December 10th, 2008, 10:29 pm

Just finished Call of Duty 4...
► Show Spoiler
Awesome game, i had my doubts at first, but after getting through it, i can safely say it's very well worth a try.

nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!
Location: Ahnenerbe Cafe, Beast's Lair branch, lurking the KanColle threads.

Unread post by nanaya_shinya » December 10th, 2008, 10:54 pm

Atriel wrote:Just finished Call of Duty 4...
► Show Spoiler
Awesome game, i had my doubts at first, but after getting through it, i can safely say it's very well worth a try.
lol
► Show Spoiler
!すでのな

Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread post by Atriel » December 11th, 2008, 2:24 am

But but D:
► Show Spoiler

Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Mkilbride » December 11th, 2008, 2:47 am

Call of Duty 4 was indeed epic. It's so sad that the Fifth one was nothing more than a cheap knockoff by the company that made 2 & 3(Which sucked also compared to CoD1)

COD1 & COD4 = Pwnage.

COD4 deserves the hype it got and held. COD5 on the other hand, feels like a COD4 mod.

CSXLoser
Addict

Unread post by CSXLoser » December 11th, 2008, 3:14 am

wasnt 2 created by infinity ward?

that one guy
Crack Desu!

Unread post by that one guy » December 11th, 2008, 3:23 am

I'm stuck on Nocturne, so in between Fire Pro and KOC, I'm playing...*drum roll*
Persona 4. Yes folks, that's right, I'm going from one MegaTen game to another. I'm insane.

Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Mkilbride » December 11th, 2008, 3:36 am

Nocturne, yeah, I'm thinking of finishing that up. I got bored last time because of it's open-ended gameplay, I couldn't figure out where I wanted to go or what I wanted to do, and grinded for a long time, so I kinda got "meh"

CSXLoser
Addict

Unread post by CSXLoser » December 11th, 2008, 4:53 am

*suddenly remembers of Nocturne*

crap...oh well Persona 4 is coming first.

Sorry Nocturne :oops:

X-Calibar
Crack Desu!

Unread post by X-Calibar » December 11th, 2008, 7:10 pm

Just a little Aquaria update for you Abcess :O
http://www.bit-blot.com/
This weekend we?ll release the new Windows version of Aquaria, 1.1.1. This version includes widescreen, graphics and audio enhancements, improved puzzles, a new/awesome map system and more. It even improves on the recently released Mac version - and it will be released at a new price.

And last but not least, we?ve made a new trailer to celebrate. This one was made in 1280?720, and looks absolutely gorgeous. The files involved in making it are taking up about 82GB of my hard drive! You can check out the embedded video here at standard def, but head to YouTube or Vimeo for the option to watch it in HD.
youtube high def : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBHemKy81Ms&fmt=22
vimeo high def ? : http://vimeo.com/2461697
► Show Spoiler

abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread post by abscess » December 15th, 2008, 10:36 am

X-Calibar wrote:Just a little Aquaria update for you Abcess :O
Dude! Thanks a bunch, man!
I recently lost my save and had to restart from zero but, I think I already am at where I left it the last time. Now I wonder if I'll have to re-restart everything again with the new release :P

Anyway: Currently losing my brain cells due to Fallout 3. Damn! I love dogmeat now!, that damn animal is really useful in most fights I've gotten into! For those few who don't really know much of Fallout 3, just imagine Oblivion with guns and bats as your weapons and "healthy" radiated toilet water to replenish your HP with. Dunno if there is some kind of "magic" or something similar, but so far I'm just enjoying wielding my boomstick and sledgehammer! :D

Also, I've finally went through the first 4 scenarios of Ever 17. Was it only me or did someone else felt a bit gar for Takeshi in Tsugumi's good ending? Also, on Sora's good-end:
► Show Spoiler
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.

X-Calibar
Crack Desu!

Unread post by X-Calibar » December 15th, 2008, 7:46 pm

You spent the money to get Aquaria... was the least I could do in return :D I need to play through it myself... lol ARG! So many games...
I need a new PC for fallout 3...
and ohh I still need to do Coco's path lol

Some hot news today, if anybody is interested...
New japanese indie game got released today :D
http://www.dwahan.net/Marsbound/cloudph ... dex_e.html

This is a 2d armored suit arcade style side-scrolling shooter game!
It's about 17$ or so USD for the full version, and free for the 2 level trial version :O

And the game is sweet. Short... but very sweet. Graphics look brilliant at low res or high res, and the quick pace of the game, and online score comparison is a nice touch. This is no doubt one of the best single developer indie games that I've played this year. (I believe it's only a single person anyways..)

Fun stuff! Just wanted to let you know :P
ImageImage

CSXLoser
Addict

Unread post by CSXLoser » December 16th, 2008, 3:23 am

Persona 4 :D

Trying to catch up where i stopped on the JP verison

drizzt_rocks
Crack Desu!

Unread post by drizzt_rocks » December 16th, 2008, 11:21 pm

Back to Persona 3. Stopped playing some time ago but all this talk of Persona 4 made me want to get my Persona fix. Cant believe I stopped playing when I was so close to finishing the game XD
And the cutest anime character award goes to ... PINO

IceCold_Asssassin
Crack Addic!

Unread post by IceCold_Asssassin » December 17th, 2008, 12:03 am

Persona 3. in january. almost at the end!
Persona 4 is gonna be here today when the mail gets here. hopefully.
omg im addicted.
"Now Say, Fuzzy Pickles!"

that one guy
Crack Desu!

Unread post by that one guy » December 17th, 2008, 7:05 am

What's worse, you know how P3 is kinda slow to start and has really dragging points? As of...24+ hours of playing P4, I can safely say those DO NOT EXIST! Starts off fast and interesting and god damn it it stays there.

Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Mkilbride » December 17th, 2008, 10:46 am

I agree. I got bored about 7 hours into P3, and at around 12 hours, I could find no reason to play anymore(It simply was...boring)Although I liked it.

I'm 26 hours into P4, to quote a certain fast food place, ba ba ba baaa, I'm lovin' it. It's interesting, I like the characters, and it's more mature.

Sure, there is no shooting yourself in the head, but the game as a WHOLE feels more mature. People DIE in this(I know in P3 some did, but no one important)

Main characters can DIE and really eff it up :P

Being able to control your allies - Makes a world of difference when fighting, I now can fight much easier, and I'm less frustrated, by looking at my ally and going "WHAT THE FUDGE, we know his weakness, use it!(P3) Now I can make them do it.

Teddie / Kuma is also pretty damn awesome, especially abit later...

Gone is the fatigue system, so now no getting tired and you can explore all you want...except no free healing. You can get this fox to heal you, but he charges STUPID prices(Like 30,000 yen to heal the party, that's usually like 1/3/ or 1/4th of all my money) If you get his social link up though, he can give free items and lower his price.

Also, maxing out social links = causes Persona's to transform into mega creatures of doom :P

Seeing the ugly sides of people, that they don't want to show, is quite awesome. The murders are GRUESOME at times in this and it has a really ADULT feel. I love P3 and I'll beat it someday, but after playing Persona 4, that will be hard.(I mean P4 basically takes P3 and fixes all that was wrong with it) and comes out just perfect.

I mean, finding out the popular gal at school is emotionally depressed about the state of her life and just wants a prince charming, and she's wearing lacy unmentionables is great. :P

And so, I leave you with this, to sate your hunger for P4.

XXXXXX: Good evening! Tonight Princess XXXXXX has a big surprise! I'm going
to go score myself a hot stud! Welcome to Not a Dream, Not a Hoax,
Princess XXXXXX's Hunt For Her Prince Charming. And I came prepared!
I've got my lacy unmentionables on! I'm out to catch a whole harem
and the best of the lot is going to be all mine! Well, here I go!

Also, no more Tartarus, at least 6 or so different places to visit with decently interesting looks(Strip Club isn't bad, and I liked the Castle...however...the Gay Sauna...not so much)

inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread post by inferno_flamex » December 17th, 2008, 11:50 am

@Mkil...

Siish.. The persona known as Mara is still there tho.. -___-
[/spoil]You know?... the raging 'meat'... on wheels.
► Show Spoiler
"When a petanko hugs you, she's hugging closer to her heart"...
~:~:~
"There is no greater love, between a boy and his pillow"
~:~:~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_FT_c3IiQ

Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Mkilbride » December 17th, 2008, 11:54 am

Well yes, they want to make it less of a chore(P3) and more fun. The problem with P3, most likely, was it's pacing was AWFUL. Also, I don't play the Sims, so P3 wasn't enjoyable in that aspect. :P

The fox though..what a jerk! I decided I was in a rush to finish a stage, so I payed him his 20,000 Yen and he only healed my SP! What a rip! A con artist he is!

I'm at the 8-bit stage place and it's nice.

10-11 levels is about right. I think it's fair, I mean cmon, 10-11 levels of the same stage over and over again is pretty good. It feels lame after you see the same level so many times, so they end it there, so you don't see it...over 100 times(I'm looking at you, Tartur!)

8-Bit is cool, but what the fudge? THe enemies level increase was insane. They were 27-30 at the last place, and now they're 45 here. It's really tough advancing, having to give it my all.