Collecting Data. (Questions)

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby abscess » July 8th, 2008, 10:01 pm

Atriel wrote:
Chunky-MonkeyLOL wrote:The world as in this current world? Heh, I'd cleanse the world of the filth known as the human race, and reform the planet back to its unadulterated state.

Hail brother! Though i wouldn't bother. They'll eventually kill themselves anyway <.<

I don't understand. Why destroy your own race? Would you kill yourself in the process? If one can't stand being part of a race that destroys everything at it's path,why not just off-yourself?... Hmmm... quite a different way of thinking! 8) It somehow reminds me of the phrase "humanity is over-rated", but I don't remember where is it from.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby zweiterversuch » July 8th, 2008, 10:47 pm

abscess wrote:
Atriel wrote:
Chunky-MonkeyLOL wrote:The world as in this current world? Heh, I'd cleanse the world of the filth known as the human race, and reform the planet back to its unadulterated state.

Hail brother! Though i wouldn't bother. They'll eventually kill themselves anyway <.<

I don't understand. Why destroy your own race? Would you kill yourself in the process? If one can't stand being part of a race that destroys everything at it's path,why not just off-yourself?... Hmmm... quite a different way of thinking! 8) It somehow reminds me of the phrase "humanity is over-rated", but I don't remember where is it from.

Well, you are right abcess. "If you don't like the team, don't go to the stadium" but that is only if you see the human race as a whole.
It isn't like:
"Yeah! I am a human woho!! and I am a member from the human race, yay!!"
no, it is like:
"I am me, you are you, he is he, they are they. If we, all together, make something called human race it is just coincidence."

(It is true that some people seem themselves as a part of the whole but the first thing the human being does is to classify so he can become part of a whole.)
http://visualnoveldai.com/
If you want to create your own visual novel go there!
Try it out, no compromise!
8 inches in a week!

btw Princess Tutu is still Awesome!!!
zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby TheXev » July 8th, 2008, 11:07 pm

1. Yes
Many stories of various kinds can provide us with insight into what could happen in our own lives. This is the entire reason for telling a story to begin with.
2. This isn't a yes or no question. I'd go with my wife's wish, although I'd imagine it would be to save the child.
3. I don't think it is far to create these beings to begin with anyway.
4. I would not do the same. Stealing another persons lively hood is never justified and there are plenty of other means to feed children, if not give them up until the situation has improved for their sake.
5. While I'd still love the child in the same way, I'd be far more worried about the effects of this information on his sanity.
6. Happiness is a veritable thing.. it comes and goes regardless of whether it is now, or later.
7. Take out all major polluting industries as revenge for what they have done to mother earth.
8. No. I'd sooner die.
9. Sure. Having similar views doesn't make you friends, does it? Sometimes its the things that make you different that set you apart and make you friends in the first place.
10. This is a gross misuse of power. Its already being done to dogs and other pets, but someday will humans become this way? When a person dies, they are gone.. regardless of who's DNA they have, each person is an individual. isn't someone trying to clone Elvis now?
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy

Unread postby zweiterversuch » July 8th, 2008, 11:48 pm

TheXev wrote: isn't someone trying to clone Elvis now?

Ahhh! a staff member...
that makes me happy.
*reads*
wait...
*reads again*
Some one is trying to clone Elvis now?
Wow...I didn't know that.
8 inches in a week!

zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby Atriel » July 9th, 2008, 7:13 am

You can't be serious <.<
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Atvaark » July 10th, 2008, 1:49 am

1. yes. although it'd be more along the line of life-like anime/novels, etc...
2. both. because that's what my father said when the doctors gave him that choice. (true story)
3. self aware...is rather complex. if they have no feelings, i wouldn't bother, much like a computer with anti virus is aware of itself and it's defects, doesnt mean it has feelings. maybe i would change my opinion if they did feel human emotions.
4.i would condemn him. unless he's crippled, he can probably get another job.
5....love the son? yeah, it's not like its his fault. the brother? he'd get a beating at the very least...
6. later. if he's offering me happiness as a consumable item (lol) I'd use it when I'm at the end of my rope, to die happy.
7. i wouldn't change anything i guess. god powers are too much for one person to handle. keeping it hidden will let nature and humans act as they choose, freely.
8. nope. my libido never was really active so i wouldn't be very tempted.
9. beh. each individual is entitled to his own opinion. i would still call him my best friend.
10. let dead dogs lie. how would you feel if you woke up for the very first time and discovered you're basically taking over someone's life? that person would be a stranger to me. unless of course the soul of your lover was reattached to this clone...but then again, that cant be good for one's sanity...
Atvaark
Crack Desu!

Re: Collecting Data. (Questions)

Unread postby fireb0rn » July 10th, 2008, 5:24 am

1. Do you think any events that take place in books, tv, anime, or even VNs could even happen to you?

uh... yeah, they could. or anyone, for that matter.

2. You are in an Hospital and your wife is giving birth to your child. Unfortuantely there are some complications and the doctor tells you the life of your wife and your child are in danger and only one of them can keep living. Which one do you choose?

I would tell my wife that I would keep her over the child. only if my wife insisted that I choose the child would I do that. It's just that I would choose a developed human being over an infant that is hardly capable of conscious thought. then I would probably adopt, and would possibly even do that in the first place.

3. After many years of investigation the human race has finaly created a selfaware being with human shape in a laboratory. These Beings are to serve humanity and have no rights. Do you think it is fair? Would you do something to change that although it would mean you can't live as easy as you did before? (Robots with A.I / Clons/ Thinking apes, whatever.)

You mean something like being able to think, imagine and feel? Self-aware seems to only imply independent thought, but I dunno. I can't imagine a laboratory creating something that has the ability to feel, as it's sortof counter-productive. If it has the capability to feel, it's obviously morally wrong. The only other problems are that it would encourage laziness, etc and therefore become a dilemma.

4. Mister X has lost everything he had until now and is unemployed. Because he has no other way to feed his family he decides to steal. Would you do the same under the those circumstances? Can you condemn Mister X after knowing his reasons for stealing?

Well, whether I can condemn him depends on how he lost "everything", and if he is capable of feeding his family without stealing. Why wouldn't he be capable? If he lost what he had due to bad luck or something, and really did have no other way to feed his family, then it's impossible to reasonably condemn him. Otherwise you can easily condemn him.

5. After years of being married you suddenly discover your son isn't your son but your brother's would you still love him in the same way?

It's again impossible to reasonably condemn someone for something that isn't controllable by them. So of course.

6. You meet some one who he offers you happiness but he tells you, you can be happy only once in life. Do you want to be happy now or later?

So, uh, what does he mean by happiness exactly? You can live a good life without even being happy, so whatever. I would decline, anyways.

7. One day you suddenly find out you are the world's ruler until the end of your days. People and Nature are under your control now, If thats the case, what do you do?

Study philosophical texts and find out what's wrong with the world before I do anything. The reason why the world sucks so much today is because people have dangerous opinions and never second-guess them and then people agree. It's better to just assume you know nothing till you're sure you know everything than to assume you know everything before you know anything. If perfect knowledge doesn't exist (it may or may not) then I wouldn't do anything.

8. You have a girlfriend/ Boyfriend and you are very happy with him7her but someone tells you there is no woman/ man in the whole world who doesn't want to have sex with you and he evens tell you, your girlfriend/ boyfriend will never find out if you cheated on her. Would you do so?

Sex doesn't really matter, so no.

9. After talking with your best friend of the things you believe in you discover he/ she doesn't agree with you at all. Do you still call your her/him "your best friend"?

Yeah, why not? Maybe I'm wrong. I'd like to be proven wrong though, at least.

10. The person you loved the most is dead but it is possible for you to clone him. Would you love him/ her clon in the same way you loved the orginal? would you even clone your beloved? (the clone has all memories, the same patterns and the same tastes of the deceased person.)

Of course not. I don't know if some kind of God exists. Maybe there's some kind of meaning to the pain we suffer when someone close to us dies.
fireb0rn
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Inverted » July 10th, 2008, 6:45 am

1. Yes. There is a possibility.

2. Wife.I am having a child with her 'cause I love her .There's no way I'm going to let her die, even if she hates me for the rest of my life.

3. If they are sentient then yes. Otherwise no.

4. If he had no other way to feed his family ,then I wouldn't blame him. Under extreme circumstances, i.e, to save wife,child, mom I would steal.

5.I wouldn't hate the kid .There will be a drop in feeling at the beginning but eventually love him/her same way.

6. Later . I would use it when I need it.

7.I'll the take the power. I'll generally be an observer watching Humanity . Though if things come up to boil ( i.e foolish humans are going to kill themselves and the planet),I would work in the shadows to resolve the situation , through mental suggestion if need arises.

8.Considering I'm very happy with her and she's loyal and loving , there's no way I'll cheat .If she's disloyal then its time to sleep around.

9.Yes I will . Best friends need not share same opinions on everything.

10. If they are the same in every department , share the memories together too and continue from where they left off , then yes.
Inverted
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Chunky-MonkeyLOL » July 10th, 2008, 11:34 pm

zweiterversuch wrote:
abscess wrote:
Atriel wrote:[quote="Chunky-MonkeyLOL"]
The world as in this current world? Heh, I'd cleanse the world of the filth known as the human race, and reform the planet back to its unadulterated state.

Well, you are right abcess. "If you don't like the team, don't go to the stadium" but that is only if you see the human race as a whole.
It isn't like:
"Yeah! I am a human woho!! and I am a member from the human race, yay!!"
no, it is like:
"I am me, you are you, he is he, they are they. If we, all together, make something called human race it is just coincidence."

(It is true that some people seem themselves as a part of the whole but the first thing the human being does is to classify so he can become part of a whole.)[/quote]

I think you guys forgot about the "you're on your deathbed" context that this was in. And even if I wasn't, I'd make sure to kill myself after I "reformed" the world with my magical powers.
KILL! MAIM! BURN! - Kharn the Betrayer
Chunky-MonkeyLOL
Crack Desu!

Unread postby TheXev » July 10th, 2008, 11:41 pm

Atriel wrote:

You can't be serious <.<

I could have sworn I remember reading this or seeing it on the news somewhere...
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy

Unread postby abscess » July 11th, 2008, 3:07 am

TheXev wrote:
Atriel wrote:

You can't be serious <.<

I could have sworn I remember reading this or seeing it on the news somewhere...

Yeah, I heard that too, though they guys talking about it mentioned plans on cloning Hitler and Billy the Kid so I never knew if it was actually true. I mean Billy the Kid??? Are ya kidin' me???!!! How the hell are they going to get the genetic material that's necessary for that kind of enterprise from someone who died in the 19th century!?!!??

@Chunky
Aaah.... it was on a "deathbed situation"....? Don't remember. At any rate, blowing all of humanity to pieces is a bit extreme I guess. Anyway, if I have that omnipotent kind of power, why can't I flip a finger and make myself immortal or something along those lines?
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess

Unread postby Chunky-MonkeyLOL » July 11th, 2008, 4:51 am

Well shit, if you put it that way, you make me sound evil. Nah, I wouldn't blow em to bits. I would just erase their existance.
Chunky-MonkeyLOL
Crack Desu!

Unread postby zweiterversuch » July 11th, 2008, 5:41 am

Chunky-MonkeyLOL wrote:Well shit, if you put it that way, you make me sound evil. Nah, I wouldn't blow em to bits. I would just erase their existance.

Yes, that and that are two completly different things.
But, enough.
I wanted to ask you, Chunky monkeyLOL, why would you erase our existence? Remeber all members of this forum are humans.
Well, most of us.
8 inches in a week!

zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby Chunky-MonkeyLOL » July 11th, 2008, 8:21 am

My own view of how humanity is truly disgusting and that we as a species have completely raped this planet. I think it will soon be time for a cleansing.

Of course would I go out of my way in daily life to make others miserable or kill people? Fuck no, what I've stated is just my own view on things, nothing more nothing less.
Chunky-MonkeyLOL
Crack Desu!

Unread postby abscess » July 11th, 2008, 10:23 am

Chunky-MonkeyLOL wrote:Well shit, if you put it that way, you make me sound evil. Nah, I wouldn't blow em to bits. I would just erase their existance.

Ahm... well, that wasn't my intention. I wasn't being literal with the "blowing to pieces" part actually :P It's my "humorous" way of saying that you would be terminating the existance of a whole species, that being us, humans.

Chunky-MonkeyLOL wrote:My own view of how humanity is truly disgusting and that we as a species have completely raped this planet. I think it will soon be time for a cleansing.

Of course would I go out of my way in daily life to make others miserable or kill people? Fuck no, what I've stated is just my own view on things, nothing more nothing less.

Indeed we agree that our species has been screwing with nature for quite sometime. Deforestation, nuclear pollution, poking holes in our atmosphere (in the ozone layer to be more precise), permanently killing other species (extinction) be it birds, shrimps or mammals, whatever.... the list just goes on and on and I AM sure that I will NOT see the day that this ends. Many people still seem clueless or just apathetic and the current situation we are experiencing at this very moment. But I still disagree with you in killing humanity as a whole. As I see it, it doesn't really matter if someone gets a hold of a BIGASS weapon capable of causing the extinction of a species, one gets in the streets and somehow manages to wipe every single human from the face of the Earth or "magically" puffs it out of existence, the result is the same, That someone killed a whole species, families were destroyed, lovers were killed, friendships torn-apart just by someone's whim. I somehow can't find it a good choice.

I am NOT saying that killing someone will never be an effective answer. As ugly and horrible as it may be considered, getting rid of a problem that way tends to be much easier than trying to consider any kind of negotiation.

Considering only the planet's well being and the rest of the living matter that is in it. if we think merely in a pragmatic way then, yes, wiping all of humanity is much easier and probably the best AND right solution to the majority, if not all, the problems that it currently has. But I am incapable of considering it a "good choice". I think that humanity can still take a the right direction and fix some of the problems at hand and, with time, maybe fix the rest. As much as someone may not like it or fail to understand, a right choice and a good choice are not always the same, in fact, they tend NOT to be.

Giving it a second thought, I'm convinced my previous answer is incomplete, if I had that kind of power but I am incapable of turning the tide of events in a convincing way, then I would resort in killing major figureheads in politics, enterprises and all groups that I deem must be changed, after that I would substitute the dead people with my own and from there taking over the lower levels of power. Would it be considered a "totalitarian regime"? Maybe, it's not something pretty, much less "good" but if it must be done in order to keep humanity alive and my home safe, then it must be done.

This discussion is interesting, but I don't know if it will be considered off-topic if we keep on it.
abscess

Unread postby zweiterversuch » July 11th, 2008, 11:11 am

abscess wrote:

Ahm... well, that wasn't my intention. I wasn't being literal with the "blowing to pieces" part actually :P It's my "humorous" way of saying that you would be terminating the existance of a whole species, that being us, humans.

Chunky-MonkeyLOL wrote:My own view of how humanity is truly disgusting and that we as a species have completely raped this planet. I think it will soon be time for a cleansing.

Indeed we agree that our species has been screwing with nature for quite sometime. Deforestation, nuclear pollution, poking holes in our atmosphere (in the ozone layer to be more precise), permanently killing other species (extinction) be it birds, shrimps or mammals, whatever.... the list just goes on and on and I AM sure that I will NOT see the day that this ends. Many people still seem clueless or just apathetic and the current situation we are experiencing at this very moment. But I still disagree with you in killing humanity as a whole. As I see it, it doesn't really matter if someone gets a hold of a BIGASS weapon capable of causing the extinction of a species, one gets in the streets and somehow manages to wipe every single human from the face of the Earth or "magically" puffs it out of existence, the result is the same, That someone killed a whole species, families were destroyed, lovers were killed, friendships torn-apart just by someone's whim. I somehow can't find it a good choice.

I am NOT saying that killing someone will never be an effective answer. As ugly and horrible as it may be considered, getting rid of a problem that way tends to be much easier than trying to consider any kind of negotiation.

Considering only the planet's well being and the rest of the living matter that is in it. if we think merely in a pragmatic way then, yes, wiping all of humanity is much easier and probably the best AND right solution to the majority, if not all, the problems that it currently has. But I am incapable of considering it a "good choice". I think that humanity can still take a the right direction and fix some of the problems at hand and, with time, maybe fix the rest. As much as someone may not like it or fail to understand, a right choice and a good choice are not always the same, in fact, they tend NOT to be.

Giving it a second thought, I'm convinced my previous answer is incomplete, if I had that kind of power but I am incapable of turning the tide of events in a convincing way, then I would resort in killing major figureheads in politics, enterprises and all groups that I deem must be changed, after that I would substitute the dead people with my own and from there taking over the lower levels of power. Would it be considered a "totalitarian regime"? Maybe, it's not something pretty, much less "good" but if it must be done in order to keep humanity alive and my home safe, then it must be done.

This discussion is interesting, but I don't know if it will be considered off-topic if we keep on it.

I don't think so. This was actuall made with the purpose of knowing other people point of view.
8 inches in a week!

zweiterversuch
$dead

Previous

Return to General Chat