Does your user name have any meaning?

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

Does your user name have any meaning?

Unread postby zweiterversuch » June 29th, 2008, 2:00 am

Reading some posts I just wondered why are such a unusual names in the forum.
I mean there are obvious ones like "Pukka" or "Messenger" but at the same time ones like "Thexev" or mine so I wanted to ask if the names had some reason or meaning behind them.
In my case Zweiterversuch means something like "Second attempt". I decided this would be my username until I get banned again from one of the forums I visit. After that it would be "third attempt"
http://visualnoveldai.com/
If you want to create your own visual novel go there!
Try it out, no compromise!
8 inches in a week!

btw Princess Tutu is still Awesome!!!
zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby Cat Megex » June 29th, 2008, 2:56 am

No meaning in mine.
Cat Megex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Atriel » June 29th, 2008, 2:58 am

"The knight from the future thus broke the spell
The knights of Thalaria regained their old land
For days they feasted the last day of Kherd
But also remembered the poor Atriel"

<.<

I don't know what "Pukka" is, and do you mean Message? (you wrote messenger)
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby abscess » June 29th, 2008, 3:21 am

Nay. I actually thought for something that had no real meaning behind it or anything directly related to me. At first I thought about ugly or strange animals such as a mole or platypus or something, but nothing met my criteria of being so strange that you don't even pay attention to them or funny enough. Then I thought about injuries, I thought something like "broken" and stuff like that, but it sounds just too common and that "cool-ish" sound that it has is just too flashy and crappy at the same time. Then I thought about other injuries or wounds, but something related to the flesh and not the skeleton, then I came to think about pus, but pus is too short, and asked myself "where does pus come from?", from an abscess! It met my criteria perfectly!, easy to remember, not too short nor too long and even had that little weirdness because no one wants to see an abscess or even have one but is a concept present in your life ALWAYS. And somehow I find that a little funny :D
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby marus » June 29th, 2008, 3:32 am

Mine's a transformation of sorts of Marth from Fire Emblem:

Marth -> marusu -> marus

Back in the day Smash Bros. was the main game I spent my time with, so I made my name to reflect that (even though I main Roy). I don't play it much anymore, but the name stuck. I like the way it sounds, and it's fairly unique.
KATTO!
marus
Crack Desu!

Unread postby AlinSabel » June 29th, 2008, 3:44 am

That's amusing... they were selling Pukka branded notepads at the BigW... D: I should've taken a photo. :(
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Phoenician » June 29th, 2008, 4:48 am

Mine is in honor of the origin city of the Brujah clan, in Carthago, home of the Phoenician Empire, plus I like the firey bird of resurrection

Half-Human, Half-Phoenix
All Phoelarch
"Death is more universal than life; everyone dies but not everyone lives." A. Sachs
"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh." George Bernard Shaw
"Genius is born--not paid." Oscar Wilde
"Iron rusts from disuse; stagnant water loses its purity and in cold weather becomes frozen; even so does inaction sap the vigor of the mind." Leonardo Da Vinci
Phoenician
Addict

Unread postby -[J1N]- » June 29th, 2008, 5:00 am

My user is a very loose translation of my real name into Japanese. The translation sounded cool so i decided to use it. Maybe its a bit too loose for any of you to figure out my real name though.
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
--Book of Revelation 13:18
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread postby abscess » June 29th, 2008, 5:16 am

-[J1N]- wrote:My user is a very loose translation of my real name into Japanese. The translation sounded cool so i decided to use it. Maybe its a bit too loose for any of you to figure out my real name though.

Eugene?
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess

Unread postby md » June 29th, 2008, 5:35 am

Jay Chen?
md
Crack Addic!

Unread postby drizzt_rocks » June 29th, 2008, 7:10 am

You can guess what mine means by yourself :P
And the cutest anime character award goes to ... PINO
drizzt_rocks
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Phlebas » June 29th, 2008, 7:14 am

Mine is homage to the Iain M. Banks novel Consider Phlebas, which quotes the classic poem found (shortened) in my sig.
Phlebas the Phoenician, a fortnight dead, Forgot the cry of gulls, and the deep sea swell // And the profit and loss.
- - Gentile or Jew // O you who turn the wheel and look to windward, Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.
[T.S.Eliot: The Waste Land - IV. Death by Water]
Phlebas
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Maes » June 29th, 2008, 8:22 am

Mine is just taken from one of my favorite anime characters of all time, Maes Hughes from Fullmetal Alchemist.
Maes
DESU DESU!

Unread postby ayadew » June 29th, 2008, 9:18 am

The most silly song in FF4 is named Ayadew, it's some psuedojapanese for "Aya the thief" I'd guess
The instant I tear off your limbs, rip open your chest and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you ask for mercy, chewing through your eyes and spreading your brains on the ground like butter-------!
ayadew
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Enigma » June 29th, 2008, 9:42 am

Mine's obvious.
Enigma
Addict

Unread postby zweiterversuch » June 29th, 2008, 11:22 am

Atriel wrote:"The knight from the future thus broke the spell
The knights of Thalaria regained their old land
For days they feasted the last day of Kherd
But also remembered the poor Atriel"

<.<

I don't know what "Pukka" is, and do you mean Message? (you wrote messenger)

Well this is a "pukka"...strange...I tried to post an image of pukka but I can't find any.
Pukka is a character, a little china girl, who is in love with a little ninja that she follows everywhere. (That is the definition I know.)

Hopefully more people continue posting.
I mean, what is a "Raitei", an "Einjerhar" or a "Kirakira"
8 inches in a week!

zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby Raitei » June 29th, 2008, 11:25 am

Raitei is a japanese word which means lightning lord. or thunder emperor. or lightning emperor. whichever term you prefer.

pukka is an english word, meaning to have done something (particularly a job) nicely.
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread postby zweiterversuch » June 29th, 2008, 11:30 am

Raitei wrote:Raitei is a japanese word which means lightning lord. or thunder emperor. or lightning emperor. whichever term you prefer.

pukka is an english word, meaning to have done something (particularly a job) nicely.

Ohhhh..! Lighting lord = Raitei. So we all have been calling you lord without noticing it, he he :D what a nice username.

My job is pukka... you use that word this way?
or what a pukka job.
Go and pukka your job!!
pukka...this one is very confusing...
8 inches in a week!

zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby abscess » June 29th, 2008, 11:37 am

Really? I just called you Rai, what does Rai mean? thinder/lightning?
I thought that Pukka was only a made-up word. I never heard of it before.
I'm interested in knowing what's the story behind lolipedofin's unique username. Addleboy is another strange name (at least to me) and TheXev.... what the hell is a Xev????
abscess

Unread postby Uberoy » June 29th, 2008, 2:05 pm

Uberoy doesn't mean anything either, just my internet alias.

Some people do have interesting names in here.
Uberoy
Crack Desu!

Next

Return to General Chat