Does your user name have any meaning?

Chat that's general in nature. (Stuff that doesn't belong in any other forum.)

Moderator: Staffers

Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread post by Raitei » June 29th, 2008, 2:07 pm

abscess wrote:Really? I just called you Rai, what does Rai mean? thinder/lightning?
I thought that Pukka was only a made-up word. I never heard of it before.
yes, rai means thunder. same goes with kaminari, but I can't tell the difference. maybe kansho or someone else who moonspeaks can help... :roll:

regarding pukka : it seemed that I was a bit off-base.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/pukka

from longman dictionary of contemporary english 1990 edition : pukka : 1) good; high quality.
2) genuine.
zweiterversuch wrote:
Raitei wrote:Raitei is a japanese word which means lightning lord. or thunder emperor. or lightning emperor. whichever term you prefer.
Ohhhh..! Lighting lord = Raitei. So we all have been calling you lord without noticing it, he he :D what a nice username.
nope. I think some of us already know that. raitei is a rather famous nickname, you know. it's what amano ginji from get backers is called.
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence

Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread post by Einherjar » June 29th, 2008, 2:15 pm

zweiterversuch wrote: I mean, what is a "Einjerhar"
...Norse Mythology >_> (Seriously, I thought it's pretty famous)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Einherjar

Also a team of baddies in MMZ4
Also a weapon in Riviera the promised land
Also a battlefield system in FFXI
Also... go read the rest.

There is an Einherjar on the staff too...

Uberoy
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Uberoy » June 29th, 2008, 2:39 pm

Einherjar wrote: There is an Einherjar on the staff too...
I hope you mean that there is someone on the staff with the nickname Einherjar, and not actually an einherjar ^^.

And I'm not sure that Einherjar is that famous, atleast not outside scandinavia.

Edit: Now that i think about it, my name does actually mean something.
Uberoy -> Uber-Roy, where Uber (not allowed to make German "U") is "over" or "super" in German and Roy is a name (not mine though).

So basically its "Super-Roy". ^^

zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread post by zweiterversuch » June 29th, 2008, 2:49 pm

Einherjar wrote:
You are telling me you are not the staff member einherjar?
I always thought it was you.
mmmmm....I feel tricked
http://visualnoveldai.com/
If you want to create your own visual novel go there!
Try it out, no compromise!
8 inches in a week!

btw Princess Tutu is still Awesome!!!

Tearmorph
Might just like this board

Unread post by Tearmorph » June 29th, 2008, 2:56 pm

Mine's pretty straightforward.
Although at the time i made it up i didn't really think about what it meant, it just had to be unique.
Now i just think it sounds a bit weird, maybe even a bit cheesy, but I'm too lazy and stubborn to make up a new one.
Close The World...txeN ehT nepO

abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread post by abscess » June 29th, 2008, 11:24 pm

zweiterversuch wrote:
Einherjar wrote:
You are telling me you are not the staff member einherjar?
I always thought it was you.
mmmmm....I feel tricked
Indeed. I thought Mr.Ein was THE Mr.Ein.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.

Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread post by Einherjar » June 29th, 2008, 11:38 pm

heh heh heh.

zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread post by zweiterversuch » June 30th, 2008, 12:10 am

Tearmorph whose character is the avatar you have. I have never seen it before.
8 inches in a week!

Serpentarius

Unread post by Serpentarius » June 30th, 2008, 12:24 am

abscess wrote:I'm interested in knowing what's the story behind lolipedofin's unique username.
For a time, I had just thought that he was from Finland. The other parts of his name seemed self explanatory.

Tearmorph

Unread post by Tearmorph » June 30th, 2008, 12:40 am

zweiterversuch wrote:Tearmorph whose character is the avatar you have. I have never seen it before.
Its Bikko. My favorite character, which i kinda look up to.
She has lost a leg and an eye in an accident, but she still lives her life more "fully" than most would consider "right".
I can PM you more info about her if you want. If so, just write.

But she's just an underground character. And as her creator said; "i want you to ignore her".
Close The World...txeN ehT nepO

Raitei

Unread post by Raitei » June 30th, 2008, 1:36 am

Serpentarius wrote:
abscess wrote:I'm interested in knowing what's the story behind lolipedofin's unique username.
For a time, I had just thought that he was from Finland. The other parts of his name seemed self explanatory.
...you wanna know? *suppresses the urge to explain and wait for the person in question to explain himself*
and no, loli's not from finland. he hails from indo, just like me.
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence

lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread post by lolipedofin » June 30th, 2008, 3:23 am

Weird... I'm sure i posted already in this thread... Did i forgot to press submit and shut down my PC after i wrote.... :? well whatever...

So the truth behind my username... It's pretty much self-explanatory... It's my girl preference, to put it nicely, to be blunt, it's my sexual fetishism 8) .. :lol:

In case you still don't get it, it's derived from lolita and pedophile... If you still don't get it, i like kiddies... still don't get it?? Then this forum is not your place, this is an 18+ forum... :lol:

It's not originally made by me, though.... If you guys ever watched/play "Shuffle!", the game or anime... When Midoriba Itsuki (main chara best friend, Sunohara in Shuffle) found Rin (the male, main chara) together with Primula in the city, he smiled, gives a thumb up and exclaim, "Nice... Mr. Lolipedophine" (or something like that). Upon hearing it, i just thought... "THAT's ME!!" I felt it fits me perfectly and decided to assume the nickname... :lol:

I remember the subtitle was "lolipedophine" but i decided to use "lolipedofin"... sounds and looked better to me... simpler as well.

There ya go... truth behind my nickname...

@Raitei's nick: I'm surprised that plenty of people here don't have a clue about "Get Backers!". It's quite a famous manga/anime... Obviously not as famous as Naruto, but not such a no name anime as well...

In my knowledge, Rai means Lightning/Thunder, while Tei means Emperor. So it means something along the line of, "Emperor of Lighning" or "Lightning Emperor".

FYI, Message's avatar is the same chara to Raitei's one, Amano Ginji. Message's avatar is Ginji in normal mood, cheery mood... the playful one, i'm quite sure the image is taken from the first opening of Get Backers!. While Raitei's avatar is Ginji in "Raitei" mode, in foul and gloomy mood, Amano Ginji's personality back before he met Midou Ban, his partner. Reflecting on their personality though, i think Message and Raitei should swap their avatar... :lol: :lol: , alright2, just kidding.. :lol: :lol:
Uchi kaeru....

zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread post by zweiterversuch » June 30th, 2008, 4:14 am

So...Get Backers...Bikko...Shuffle...I need more information...and more...more...anime...*Steam from the mouth + red eyes*
8 inches in a week!

-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread post by -[J1N]- » June 30th, 2008, 5:07 am

abscess wrote: Eugene?
md wrote: Jay Chen?
Err not quite. My name's Dean, and yeah, my user only contains my first name, sorry if you thought it was both =P. I'm not actually sure how you're supposed to translate "Dean" into Japanese, so my brother told me it'd sound something like 'Jin'. Hehe, if you thought I was Asian you're not wrong. It's just I have a very English first name.

@Einherjar: I just started playing Valkyrie profile not long ago, and after hearing Einherjar 2000 times I finally found out your user was that same thing. =O
lolipedifin wrote: @Raitei's nick: I'm surprised that plenty of people here don't have a clue about "Get Backers!". It's quite a famous manga/anime... Obviously not as famous as Naruto, but not such a no name anime as well...
Don't worry, I figured it out before already :D
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
--Book of Revelation 13:18

lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread post by lolipedofin » June 30th, 2008, 5:27 am

@ J1n: When you said tha your nick is a japanese translation of your name, i thought your name was "human" or "person" lololol. You should've said that it's how Japanese will pronounce your name....

FYI: At Indonesia Jin would mean a demon in a folklore, not literally a good or bad demon... most of the superhumans in folk lore, superhumans would mean invincible, indestructible, able to create 1000 temple overnight, can fly, can create a humongous boat that when he angry and kicked it, the boat would flip several times in the air before landing upside-down and become a mountain after several hundreds of year... These superhumans usually have a lot of Jin to assist them. Jin is also a demon that reside in a forest... Thought you would like to know... :lol: :lol:
Uchi kaeru....

Raitei

Unread post by Raitei » June 30th, 2008, 5:35 am

lolipedofin wrote:@ J1n: When you said tha your nick is a japanese translation of your name, i thought your name was "human" or "person" lololol. You should've said that it's how Japanese will pronounce your name....
uh, I think it's "benevolence", to be more precise?
lolipedofin wrote:FYI: At Indonesia Jin would mean a demon in a folklore, not literally a good or bad demon... most of the superhumans in folk lore, superhumans would mean invincible, indestructible, able to create 1000 temple overnight, can fly, can create a humongous boat that when he angry and kicked it, the boat would flip several times in the air before landing upside-down and become a mountain after several hundreds of year... These superhumans usually have a lot of Jin to assist them. Jin is also a demon that reside in a forest... Thought you would like to know... :lol: :lol:
uh, no? I think "genie" would be more precise, sempai :P you know, the one which came from a lamp like aladdin's :lol:
well, that's a matter of our (according to from what part of indonesia do you hail) perception, really :P
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence

lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread post by lolipedofin » June 30th, 2008, 5:47 am

benevolence?? I dare to bet my money that you just did a quick internet search for that translation....lol.

I dunno, i only knew that, a japanese (a person from Japan) would be "nihonjin" or "nipponjin", and Indonesian (a person from Indonesia) would be Indoneshia-jin. That's why i thought Jin would be person/human.... if i recall correctly, jinrui would also mean human race. I might be wrong though.

Genie?? I was talking about Indonesia, so i was saying it in Indonesian... d'oh! :lol: And The lamp genie is originally from the 1001 nights. I think we have our own origin, it's just that coincidentally the name was similar.. or maybe not, considering that a lot of Arabian merchant came to our country centuries ago..

EDIT: Btw, i just notice... I would anyone think I'm from Finland based on my nick?? O.o
Uchi kaeru....

-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread post by -[J1N]- » June 30th, 2008, 6:44 am

lolipedofin wrote:@ J1n: When you said tha your nick is a japanese translation of your name, i thought your name was "human" or "person" lololol. You should've said that it's how Japanese will pronounce your name....

FYI: At Indonesia Jin would mean a demon in a folklore, not literally a good or bad demon... most of the superhumans in folk lore, superhumans would mean invincible, indestructible, able to create 1000 temple overnight, can fly, can create a humongous boat that when he angry and kicked it, the boat would flip several times in the air before landing upside-down and become a mountain after several hundreds of year... These superhumans usually have a lot of Jin to assist them. Jin is also a demon that reside in a forest... Thought you would like to know... :lol: :lol:
Ahh sorry about that guys. That was pretty confusing of me :oops:.

Ooo, pretty interesting to know Jin = demon. The Chinese characters in my name mean "Hero of Legends", so now I've got two powerful sounding names :twisted: . The superhumans/genies sound very.... Overpowered :lol: . Different parts of Indonesia have different religious beliefs, don't they?

EDIT: @lolipedofin: Well your user's based off a game, so I don't think anyone would find out just by that.

Unless you mean.... Ahh, I see what you did there.
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
--Book of Revelation 13:18

Phlebas
Crack Addic!

Unread post by Phlebas » June 30th, 2008, 7:41 am

lolipedofin wrote: EDIT: Btw, i just notice... I would anyone think I'm from Finland based on my nick?? O.o
That thought did come to me though I dismissed it as unlikely :D
Phlebas the Phoenician, a fortnight dead, Forgot the cry of gulls, and the deep sea swell // And the profit and loss.
- - Gentile or Jew // O you who turn the wheel and look to windward, Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.
[T.S.Eliot: The Waste Land - IV. Death by Water]

Serpentarius

Unread post by Serpentarius » June 30th, 2008, 1:04 pm

lolipedofin wrote:Genie?? I was talking about Indonesia, so i was saying it in Indonesian... d'oh! :lol: And The lamp genie is originally from the 1001 nights. I think we have our own origin, it's just that coincidentally the name was similar.. or maybe not, considering that a lot of Arabian merchant came to our country centuries ago..
Hence the vast Muslim majority, yes. :p
lolipedofin wrote:EDIT: Btw, i just notice... I would anyone think I'm from Finland based on my nick?? O.o
Well, at first, I misremembered your name as lolipedofinn, and then there's also the fact that Finland's age of consent is 15. ;) Indoensia's is, what, 19? I doubt it's very heavily enforced, but regardless, it must be quite tough for you. :lol: